[locked] Cree 3 x XM-L-T6 ----30W ----- Flashlight $39 - Delivered !! only 150 pieces available

113 posts / 0 new
Last post
benckie
benckie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/04/2011 - 08:36
Posts: 1513
Location: Western Austraila

gorann wrote:

I think nobody knows that, we will see when we get them...

But as I read here in the forum, Trustfire TR-3T6 is dependable (lasting)  and it is not ver strongly driven, Skray is brighter but it gets overheated a lot. (Not my personal exxperience, only summary of what I read here. I bought myself TR-3T6 when it was on discount and this one here).

in my TR-3T6  from manafont thread they are driven from 2.5 to 2.7 amps the driver is buck pluss bost with constant current and the led,s are in series so each led should be on 3 amps or close to thats about the safe maxium for an xm-l.

Aeonis
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/30/2011 - 13:41
Posts: 39
Location: The Netherlands

@YouWantLED, will the 3 battery version also be able to run 2x18650? Is it just an extension tube that you can leave out like the original TR-3T6 to make it 2x18650?

mrradlos
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 06/22/2011 - 09:22
Posts: 11

YouWantLED: The original TR-3T6 can also be used with just one 18650. Is this possible with clone too?

SPAMBOT
SPAMBOT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 07/16/2010 - 18:40
Posts: 484
Location: Old World

Aww.. another great deal I'll be missing out on. Added your store as a bookmark for potential future specials.

Now with 100% all natural asbestos!

ledoman
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/25/2010 - 06:27
Posts: 933
Location: Slovenia (EU)

YouWantLED wrote:

I'm just waiting on some data which I'll be posting here hopefully tonight (our time +8)

Icluding current draw in various modes, temperature data etc ...

thanks,

Did you get any new data regarding driver data (current draw, etc....) ?

 

 

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

OK Guys,

The information I've been provided with is as follows;

  • 3 Battery Version will operate with 2 batteries as well
  • Voltage all modes (6.15V)
  • Current Draw HIGH (2.6A) MEDIUM (1.1A) LOW (0.24A)
  • Skin Temp after operating 35min (42°C)
  • This head can be fitted to a double 26650 battery setup - However they require new tooling and therefore need to commit to an order of 200 pieces at least.

One thing I must point out is that I was not present when these tests were conducted, I don't know the condition of the batteries used. Tests were conducted on the standard 2 Battery version we are selling, and has not yet been conducted for the 3 battery version

JHBUDGETLIGHT
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 08/28/2011 - 22:36
Posts: 66

Thanks You for taking my request to the builder to make a 2 x 26650.  Count me in for a few if you can keep pricing similar.

 

Also, will you offer neutral white versions of these?

 

Look forward to buying my first triple if this pans out!!!

 

YouWantLED wrote:

OK Guys,

The information I've been provided with is as follows;

  • 3 Battery Version will operate with 2 batteries as well
  • Voltage all modes (6.15V)
  • Current Draw HIGH (2.6A) MEDIUM (1.1A) LOW (0.24A)
  • Skin Temp after operating 35min (42°C)
  • This head can be fitted to a double 26650 battery setup - However they require new tooling and therefore need to commit to an order of 200 pieces at least.

One thing I must point out is that I was not present when these tests were conducted, I don't know the condition of the batteries used. Tests were conducted on the standard 2 Battery version we are selling, and has not yet been conducted for the 3 battery version

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

Hi JHBudgetLight,

No Problems ..

the price if we can get commitments from the forum members will be around the $41-$44 mark .. I don't have exact figures yet, but working on it ..


We have been over the past week trying out a brand new product, and things are going good so far,

5 x XML-T6 flashlight ...this is a ~50W flashlight putting out over 4000 Lumens with 3 x 26650

similar head to the TrustFire TR-800

Heat build-up has been the issue, but we've overcome this hurdle

Anyway, we'll post details once we're ready to sell

my9221
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 02:18
Posts: 786
Location: United States

YouWantLED wrote:

Hi JHBudgetLight,

No Problems ..

the price if we can get commitments from the forum members will be around the $41-$44 mark .. I don't have exact figures yet, but working on it ..


We have been over the past week trying out a brand new product, and things are going good so far,

5 x XML-T6 flashlight ...this is a ~50W flashlight putting out over 4000 Lumens with 3 x 26650

similar head to the TrustFire TR-800

Heat build-up has been the issue, but we've overcome this hurdle

Anyway, we'll post details once we're ready to sell

Cool! Count me one!

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6519
Location: The Light

YouWantLED wrote:

5 x XML-T6 flashlight ...this is a ~50W flashlight putting out over 4000 Lumens with 3 x 26650

I very much like the sound of a 5*XM-L. But I personally don't own any 26650 batteries and I don't really want to add new battery types to my collection. Would it be possible to add some sort of adapter to use 2x18650, which is my preferred configuration for these monster lights?

A few other points for the overall design that it would be good to keep in mind:

  • Crenelated bezels such as those found in the Skyray and Trustfire 3*XM-L models look very ugly to most people's eyes and don't provide much functionality. A bezel like this looks much better:
  • A body with different angles and sections and knurling styles such as in the Skyrays and Trustfire 3*XM-L models also looks bad aesthetically to most eyes. Simple knurling of the entire body from the tailcap all the way up to the heatsink looks much cleaner and nicer.
  • Please make sure the switch is recessed enough for it to tailstand
  • Please give it a useful low mode that lets it run for several days.
  • Turbo mode would also be nice. Smile

Thanks for the development of this! Hope it goes well.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

amraspalantir
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/31/2011 - 00:25
Posts: 119
Location: Philippines

was about to pull the trigger on your 3xT6 until i read your upcoming 5xT6

now that caught my attention.... hope its a BLF friendly price also.:)

will it come packaged with battery and charger? (in case no support for 18650)

hope it goes well too.:)

DRY, ITP A3, Tk-703, E03, Aspheric DBS V3, Sanmak 5500 HID,Costco HID,  sc600, TK41, TK-40 and my reliable FJ-40. Love them all!Smile

brjones
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 02/03/2011 - 01:58
Posts: 322
Location: USA

sb56637 wrote:

I very much like the sound of a 5*XM-L. But I personally don't own any 26650 batteries and I don't really want to add new battery types to my collection. Would it be possible to add some sort of adapter to use 2x18650, which is my preferred configuration for these monster lights?

2 x 18650 wouldn't do justice to 5 XM-L LED's. Just not enough power to drive them, not close to what I think you're expecting. No real point to that, unless you want a not-extremely-bright, but very expensive and large, flashlight.

 

Just 1 XM-L can challenge a single 18650 quite well on its own. Good rule of thumb, with well-driven XM-L's anyway is: 1 18650 battery per emitter. Using 26650 could possibly mitigate/reduce the number of cells needed since they are larger and can produce more current safely, but an even bigger cell would do that better, like D size (32600/32650), but few want that battery option.. however it makes sense.

 

Regarding the 3-LED model:

The numbers for the 2-cell model of the 3-LED version being discussed here worry me a little bit. I calculated only about 16 watts used on High from the numbers given, anyone correct me? A well-driven XM-L in many single 18650 flashlights will be fed about 10-12 watts. If ~16 watts is true, that's less than 50% or less more watts. Might be a safety feature for the use of the 2-cell model, or maybe a heat management compromise. Safer to drive a single cell hard, than 2 cells. So, I would be interested in seeing if the 3-cell model feeds more energy. From what I've seen though, it might not, if it bucks all voltage down to the same level. And, 3 18650 cells is a fairly long flashlight. 26650 would be better a better options if the designers planned to drive the LED's hard. IMO, people are going to have to accept the reality that multi XM-L or extremely high-energy flashlights are going to need bigger cells. Techies on CPF have known this a long time, often using "D" sized cells, even lithium ones. Now those can deliver a lot of energy. And, with the wide head a 5-LED light would have, it might make sense ergonomically, but might not be appealing to some due to that.

 

Looking forward to numbers on the 3-cell/3-LED model....

- Circumcision, regardless gender, by definition causes sensation loss, and thereby usually causes difficulty later in life. Oppose amputation of children's genitals. ALL children. http://tinyurl.com/haszs6o

my9221
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 02:18
Posts: 786
Location: United States

brjones wrote:

sb56637 wrote:

I very much like the sound of a 5*XM-L. But I personally don't own any 26650 batteries and I don't really want to add new battery types to my collection. Would it be possible to add some sort of adapter to use 2x18650, which is my preferred configuration for these monster lights?

 

2 x 18650 wouldn't do justice to 5 XM-L LED's. Just not enough power to drive them, not close to what I think you're expecting. No real point to that, unless you want a not-extremely-bright, but very expensive and large, flashlight.

 

Just 1 XM-L can challenge a single 18650 quite well on its own. Good rule of thumb, with well-driven XM-L's anyway is: 1 18650 battery per emitter. Using 26650 could possibly mitigate/reduce the number of cells needed since they are larger and can produce more current safely, but an even bigger cell would do that better, like D size (32600/32650), but few want that battery option.. however it makes sense.

 

Regarding the 3-LED model:

The numbers for the 2-cell model of the 3-LED version being discussed here worry me a little bit. I calculated only about 16 watts used on High from the numbers given, anyone correct me? A well-driven XM-L in many single 18650 flashlights will be fed about 10-12 watts. If ~16 watts is true, that's less than 50% or less more watts. Might be a safety feature for the use of the 2-cell model, or maybe a heat management compromise. Safer to drive a single cell hard, than 2 cells. So, I would be interested in seeing if the 3-cell model feeds more energy. From what I've seen though, it might not, if it bucks all voltage down to the same level. And, 3 18650 cells is a fairly long flashlight. 26650 would be better a better options if the designers planned to drive the LED's hard. IMO, people are going to have to accept the reality that multi XM-L or extremely high-energy flashlights are going to need bigger cells. Techies on CPF have known this a long time, often using "D" sized cells, even lithium ones. Now those can deliver a lot of energy. And, with the wide head a 5-LED light would have, it might make sense ergonomically, but might not be appealing to some due to that.

 

Looking forward to numbers on the 3-cell/3-LED model....

+1Laughing

ledoman
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/25/2010 - 06:27
Posts: 933
Location: Slovenia (EU)

YouWantLED wrote:

OK Guys,

The information I've been provided with is as follows;

  • 3 Battery Version will operate with 2 batteries as well
  • Voltage all modes (6.15V)
  • Current Draw HIGH (2.6A) MEDIUM (1.1A) LOW (0.24A)
  • Skin Temp after operating 35min (42°C)
  • This head can be fitted to a double 26650 battery setup - However they require new tooling and therefore need to commit to an order of 200 pieces at least.

Is this 3 battery version barell (tube) in several pieces so you can either run on two or three batteries? Does it looks like this one with 1 extension:

or even look like this which is in three pieces:

?



benckie
benckie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/04/2011 - 08:36
Posts: 1513
Location: Western Austraila

no one has asked for a picture of the drop-in or screw in yet ?

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

Hello Benckie,

Here's the photo of the 3 battery version .. difference in this and 2 battery obviously no barrel and different driver.

BLT6

Aeonis
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/30/2011 - 13:41
Posts: 39
Location: The Netherlands

YouWantLED wrote:

Hello Benckie,

Here's the photo of the 3 battery version .. difference in this and 2 battery obviously no barrel and different driver.

BLT6

Thanks for the picture Smile

tim817
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/16/2011 - 07:55
Posts: 199
Location: Lone Star State

 wow, the drop-in looks good.  Look like it has more threads than my TRustfire TR-3T6. Better heat transfering

Aeonis
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 10/30/2011 - 13:41
Posts: 39
Location: The Netherlands

Anyone already received this flashlight?

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

not yet .. I think probably mid to end of next week should start to arrive at various locations

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

I just want to reiterate these are good quality flashlights, not a cheap knock-off

The price is really good for what you're buying

benckie
benckie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/04/2011 - 08:36
Posts: 1513
Location: Western Austraila
YouWantLED thanks for the picture
brjones
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 02/03/2011 - 01:58
Posts: 322
Location: USA

YouWantLED, please get us the electrical current information for the 3-battery model? How many amps on each mode? Please also give us the voltage? (I assume there is a buck circuit in the 3-battery version, like you mentioned on the 2-battery version.)

- Circumcision, regardless gender, by definition causes sensation loss, and thereby usually causes difficulty later in life. Oppose amputation of children's genitals. ALL children. http://tinyurl.com/haszs6o

Foy
Foy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 17:56
Posts: 3009
Location: Las Vegas

Should I have waited the extra couple of days for the 3 battery version?  I am so excited to review this bad boy.

 

probablynotFoy

No referral links and nothing embedded . . . ever.

                      &nbsp

Foy
Foy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 17:56
Posts: 3009
Location: Las Vegas

Actually, that Quasar 8 is not a bad deal on their site.  The included batteries suck but you get a C8 size XM-L flashlight, two 18650 batteries and a two bay charger for $23.  The Quasar 9 is a triple XM-L/3 x 18650 light (looks just like the BLF version) that comes with 3 batteries and a two bay charger for $48.44.

So, the BLF deal was $41.50 without batteries and charger . . . their regular price is just $7 more for 3 batteries and a charger?

 

interestingFoy

No referral links and nothing embedded . . . ever.

                      &nbsp

YouWantLED
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/09/2011 - 06:55
Posts: 75
Location: Australia

Flashlight Foy wrote:

Actually, that Quasar 8 is not a bad deal on their site.  The included batteries suck but you get a C8 size XM-L flashlight, two 18650 batteries and a two bay charger for $23.  The Quasar 9 is a triple XM-L/3 x 18650 light (looks just like the BLF version) that comes with 3 batteries and a two bay charger for $48.44.

So, the BLF deal was $41.50 without batteries and charger . . . their regular price is just $7 more for 3 batteries and a charger?

 

interestingFoy

Plus shipping .. regular flashlights sold on the site don't include shipping.

BLF T6 is inclusive of shipping @ $41.50

cccpull
cccpull's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 01/10/2010 - 15:34
Posts: 259
Location: Florida, USA

What is the average shipping time to US?

Foy
Foy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 17:56
Posts: 3009
Location: Las Vegas

I must say, I appreciate very much your efforts to keep us happy with this group buy.  This kind of seller involvement/concern is great.  If the actual flashlight is as good as your customer service, we're all in for a real treat.

 

excitedfortripleFoy

No referral links and nothing embedded . . . ever.

                      &nbsp

varocketry
varocketry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 12:35
Posts: 18
Location: USA

I have received emails saying it should be working now but it is not working.

I do NOT receive the COOKIES error message - the site's registration says "SUCCESS"  but I have not received the CONFIRMATION Message.  I even logged on using credentials so the site would RESEND the confirmation email message.

It has not been received now 6 hours later.

1stopledshop.net  Owner:  please fix or offer suggestions to correct problems issuing COnfirmation meesages to allow access.

varocketry
varocketry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 12:35
Posts: 18
Location: USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6scgin_UKc

Is this Cree 3 x XM-L T6  equivalent to that show in the video.

It t has a drop-in module, not threaded.

Pages

Topic locked