a new EDC light of 2017- JAXMAN E2L

359 posts / 0 new
Last post
TBone
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 01/27/2016 - 16:42
Posts: 114
Location: Europe

Enelooper wrote:
如果您推出日亚高显色LED, 加上18350短管, 那就更好。
Do not listen to him, 黑 is needed. Smile
Mitko
Mitko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/19/2014 - 05:20
Posts: 1432
Location: Bulgaria

jaxman
10x for your efforts about that, it seems to be a lovely torch indeed, will post again when i got it

Yet, i was wondering, meanwhile would you be so kind to post here a close detailed photo of those S4 1A emitters ? They could end up being from the “gold ones”….woah Cool

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 9813
Location: Amsterdam

Mitko wrote:
jaxman
10x for your efforts about that, it seems to be a lovely torch indeed, will post again when i got it

Yet, i was wondering, meanwhile would you be so kind to post here a close detailed photo of those S4 1A emitters ? They could end up being from the “gold ones”….woah Cool


Lol, I bought one with 1A emitters, just to be replaced, I did think about them as being potentially one of the ‘good’ XP-G2’s. I will post a picture, Mitko!
hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 6664
Location: California

Looks like far too much heat transfer goo.

It should barely fill the microscopic cracks in the metal surface and leave as much metal-to-metal contact as possible.

Unless the “new” means it’s some magic material that’s as good as metal at transferring the heat.
————-

Chamfering:

Applause! Good practice.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 1376
Location: nyc

hank wrote:

Looks like far too much heat transfer goo.

It should barely fill the microscopic cracks in the metal surface and leave as much metal-to-metal contact as possible.

Unless the “new” means it’s some magic material that’s as good as metal at transferring the heat.

Unno, looks like plain ol’ Fujik to me.

If it dries rubbery, should be (relatively speaking) easy to pry off.

If thermal epoxy, well, yah, you’re SOL.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 6664
Location: California

Yeah, but the idea here is to help manufacturers educate the folks they hire to build the flashlights — since we can’t talk with the builders directly.

And sometimes the manufacturers miss little things and we early adopters mention them. So I’m suggesting too much thermal goop as worth checking on.

It’d help to know what’s “special” about the thermal goop they’re using, and to hear that they understand how very little of it ought to be used.

Just, you know, nitpicking.

Enelooper
Enelooper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 03:50
Posts: 353
Location: USA
TBone wrote:
Enelooper wrote:
如果您推出日亚高显色LED, 加上18350短管, 那就更好。
Do not listen to him, 黑 is needed. Smile

C’mon, is it too much for a guy to ask for his Nichia and shorty tube? Wink

Cythras
Cythras's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 09/27/2016 - 19:30
Posts: 153
Location: Canada

Lightbringer wrote:
hank wrote:

Looks like far too much heat transfer goo.

It should barely fill the microscopic cracks in the metal surface and leave as much metal-to-metal contact as possible.

Unless the “new” means it’s some magic material that’s as good as metal at transferring the heat.

Unno, looks like plain ol’ Fujik to me.

If it dries rubbery, should be (relatively speaking) easy to pry off.

If thermal epoxy, well, yah, you’re SOL.

I do hope it’s silicon based. I spent several hours removing a LED star epoxied down to a light once, tried heat, freezing, and enough prying that I eventually split the star into 2 separate halves, both still epoxied down.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 55 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 1376
Location: nyc
Cythras wrote:
I spent several hours removing a LED star epoxied down to a light once, tried heat, freezing, and enough prying that I eventually split the star into 2 separate halves, both still epoxied down.

Yeah, that’s one of those situations where you just Dremel out the damned thing.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 6664
Location: California
Quote:
A kind of heat conduction glue fix the copper PCB tightly

Aw, shucks. They designed it to be uninteresting to folks like us.
What, they can’t imagine a better emitter coming along anytime, ever, that we’d like to swap in??

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 14774
Location: Heart of Texas

OR, they wish to ensure the quality of their product in order to have a decent warranty. Wink

Dale

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 6664
Location: California

Hm. Well, it’d be nice if they’d offer one that’s not glued down, for those of us who expect the improvements in emitters to continue over coming years.

I can see that they’d rather sell entire flashlights as new emitters come along.

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 634
Location: Uruguay

hank wrote:
it’d be nice if they’d offer one that’s not glued down, for those of us who expect the improvements in emitters to continue over coming years.
+1

Sorry for my bad English

jaxman
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 04/24/2015 - 02:01
Posts: 160
Location: 中国

Cythras][quote=Lightbringer wrote:
hank wrote:

Looks like far too much heat transfer goo.

It should barely fill the microscopic cracks in the metal surface and leave as much metal-to-metal contact as possible.

Unless the “new” means it’s some magic material that’s as good as metal at transferring the heat.

Unno, looks like plain ol’ Fujik to me.

If it dries rubbery, should be (relatively speaking) easy to pry off.

If thermal epoxy, well, yah, you’re SOL.

hi dears,

If anyone need we use a silicon paste instead of the glue, we sure can do it for you .that is too easy .
but we will do it only our buyer reqire it.
To use a silicon paste is more easy and low cost than now.

We love flashlights.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 24 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 4064
Location: freedailydeals.org

We need proper thermal paste... not silicon.

jaxman
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 04/24/2015 - 02:01
Posts: 160
Location: 中国

They could end up being from the “gold ones”…——Dear what means of it?

We love flashlights.

jaxman
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 04/24/2015 - 02:01
Posts: 160
Location: 中国

tell me what,the size or the components,dear.

In my opinion,most users will not dissemble a flashlight and change the Lamps by themself.

We love flashlights.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 9813
Location: Amsterdam

jaxman wrote:
tell me what,the size or the components,dear.

In my opinion,most users will not dissemble a flashlight and change the Lamps by themself.


You are right, for most users it is good to fix everything in place, it makes the flashlight more robust when it is dropped.

But here at BLF we are a bit different, usually we try to disassemble a flashlight even before switching it on Party
And only seldom we are happy with the leds, we want to be able to change them without damaging the flashlight.

It is very forthcoming that you are prepared to make a version of this flashlight without glue but normal thermal paste, thanks for that!

jaxman
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 04/24/2015 - 02:01
Posts: 160
Location: 中国

hi dear, if so, I would rather sell the whole set of parts to you ,not a completed light…..

We love flashlights.

chouster
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2014 - 15:05
Posts: 679
Location: germany

jaxman wrote:
hi dear, if so, I would rather sell the whole set of parts to you ,not a completed light…..

Please do so!
Beachlogger
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 23:08
Posts: 874
Location: S.E. Alaska
jaxman wrote:
hi dear, if so, I would rather sell the whole set of parts to you ,not a completed light…..

Parts would need to be packaged so that delicate parts like reflector isn’t scratched. This might seem stupid to mention but we’ve had manufacturers send parts all in a pile and reflector is ruined Shocked

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 1267
Location: France, Angers

Selling the host would be a good alternative also.
TIR is standard 10507 that we can supply easily, as well as triple MCPCB from Noctigon or whatever and driver will be replaced anyway for FET and so on…
Yeah, a host option would be great Smile

Slowly sinking into the dark abyss of addiction...MUST buy lights !

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire : 30+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X's deals and coupons

Tjohn
Tjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 12/22/2015 - 07:22
Posts: 147
Location: Naples Florida (currently)

X3 wrote:

Yeah, a host option would be great Smile

Do we smell a Group Buy?
giorgoskok
giorgoskok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 10:46
Posts: 1955
Location: Greece

I’m in for a host too (everything except driver and led lamps) ! Please !!!

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 3497
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

giorgoskok wrote:
I’m in for a host too (everything except driver and led lamps) ! Please !!!

It’ll have to include the MCPCB though.

Looking for:

5” parabolic reflector (for recoil light)

(I’ll be back around the 28th)

giorgoskok
giorgoskok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 10:46
Posts: 1955
Location: Greece
Jerommel wrote:
giorgoskok wrote:
I’m in for a host too (everything except driver and led lamps) ! Please !!!
It’ll have to include the MCPCB though.

Of course . Host + MCPCB + carclo 10507 optics

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 581
Location: Hungary

giorgoskok wrote:
Of course . Host + MCPCB + carclo 10507 optics

If this happen. I will buy one instantly.
Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 3497
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

ZozzV6 wrote:
giorgoskok wrote:
Of course . Host + MCPCB + carclo 10507 optics

If this happen. I will buy one instantly.

When it’s $20 including shipping, yes, me too.

Looking for:

5” parabolic reflector (for recoil light)

(I’ll be back around the 28th)

Caleb
Caleb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 01:28
Posts: 267
Jerommel wrote:
ZozzV6 wrote:
giorgoskok wrote:
Of course . Host + MCPCB + carclo 10507 optics
If this happen. I will buy one instantly.
When it’s $20 including shipping, yes, me too.

Yes please!

Hoosh
Hoosh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/17/2015 - 21:15
Posts: 17
jaxman wrote:
In my opinion,most users will not dissemble a flashlight and change the Lamps by themself.

+1

For the very, very small percentage of people that do “tear a light down before they even turn it on,” there are literally hundreds of people – if not more, and yes, even right here on BLF – that don’t. For that small percentage that does do such a thing, to even hint at some type of complaint that Jaxman doesn’t provide such a moddable light is , well, quite self serving at best.

By providing not two, but three different LED options to the consumer for this light, Jaxman has more than covered the base for most of their potential buyers.

I find it rather obtuse to complain about a light available to consumers on a large scale while at the same time backhandedly insisting that their lights and designs would be any better. Different strokes for different folks. One needs to look no further than the design thread for the “vaunted” A6 to see evidence of this.

Mad scientists in their parent’s basement be damned while the rest of us use credit cards on AliExpress to buy Jaxman lights. Wink

Pages