I know, it’s not exactly rocket science. But it is a nice blending of the existing driver options.
I modified a nanjg105c, swapping the attiny13a for a attiny25. To make sure I could put the thermal regulation to the test, I also stacked 4 extra 7135’s for a total of 12.
On the firmware side, I used a modified Bistro/Biscotti, set up for single channel, non-OTC, with some other tweaks.
I installed the driver in a Convoy S6 with a Nichia 219C D320. In playing around with it for an hour or so this evening, everything seemed to be running properly.
I’m not sure how often I’d go through the effort to swap MCU’s, but this seems like a great step up from messing with turbo timers. And especially in tube lights where I don’t really feel the need for a FET+1, but still want some horsepower available.