Has anyone else encountered a problem with the “springs” they use for the negative battery contacts? I noticed with mine that a couple of the cells were sitting slightly lower in the carrier and there was basically no spring action behind those cells.
After doing a few tests I found that one battery was not being discharged at all so must not have been making proper contact. It was not very easy, but I was able to bend the negative contacts a bit to get them to actually act like springs and was able to get all 4 batteries discharging evenly.
The springs in general seem pretty weak in this light considering the high currents involved, so I don’t have much hope that my rehabilitation will last long. Unfortunately the negative battery plate looks to be glued in so fixing this properly with better quality springs would be very difficult I think.