Interest list 4. Batch Texas Avenger "TA" / Bistro HD OTSM drivers fully tested Bistro or Narsil, Clicky or E-switch, SIR800

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany
Interest list 4. Batch Texas Avenger "TA" / Bistro HD OTSM drivers fully tested Bistro or Narsil, Clicky or E-switch, SIR800

As the demand for those driver is still there and my 3. batch is already sold out,
I am going to do another batch if enough BLF-lers are interested, you may spread the availibility of those drivers on other forums,
but I am not planning to go into mass production

Production will be most likely in mid July, depending how many sign up

Bistro-HD OTSM can be ordered in next batch, as it needs special parts
OTSM works perfectly with hot light and lighted tailcap no more OTC timing issues

If you want fully assembled and tested drivers reply here
Flashed and thermal calibrated MCUs are included.

This batch will be reflow soldered, got enough expirience in 2. and 3. batch




Availiable options:

there are different sizes availiable 15, 17, 20, 21 and 22mm
those are cheap on the PCBs from Oshpark so I may end up with some unused boards

30mm, 38.5mm and 46mm SRK are possible as well, but add costs depending on size

Information about this driver series here
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/48447

There will be a very good SIR800 FET used
You can choose a custom number of 7135 less than the maximum

can be equipped with Attiny 25(V)
running TA Bistro, Bistro HD or Bistro OTSM

or Attiny 85
running Narsil Triple v1.4 latest version with fixed bugs
Narsil manual, a lot options to configure this one
http://www.metronixlaser.de/bilder/flashlight/Narsil_Triple_Manual_v1-3.pdf

NarsilM availiable for this batch
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/54635

Drivers will be fully tested before shipped

Narsil v1.4 driver will be thermal calibrated as well
you can choose the temperature for stepdown,
the time for stepdowns depends on the lights size/heat, a Pocket rocket off a 14500 high drain will need a shorter time than a Convoy L6
standard will be 60°C
standard time between steps will be 45s

temp calibration with heat gun

there are 2 main options for 2S Narsil for lights like Convoy L6
Narsil v1.4 utilizing indicator LED on Pin 7, has some bugfixes and temperature protection
NarsilM it is possible to choose between indicator pin and LVP the whole settings are reduced for an easier handling for the Q8, new version a lot improvement and bugfixes

For 2S lights that use only a sideswitch or you dont lock out the light a LDO is needed,
the zener mod has a very high parasitic drain so this is only suitable for Bistro drivers

2S LDO is availiable for 17, 21, 22, 26, 30 and 46mm
2S Zener Mod is availiable on all sizes
Piggyback LDO on other sizes possible adds 1.5$

efficiency advantage over Fet+7135*1

this is just an example, keep in mind that triple hotrods get more gain than a single emitter light

Springs:

for 17mm Board will be phosphor bronze in 2 lenghs
for 15mm board the short spring fits or the long upside down
All drivers come without soldered springs, to stay below 10mm envelope thickness which is 2.2€ cheaper to ship

long spring

OR
short spring

For larger boards those springs are good
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024318.DIY-Gold-Plated-Battery-Driver-Contac...

recommended with lead solder paste, but can do lead free if requested

Prices:

15-22mm
12.5$ TA Bistro / Bistro HD Attiny25
14$ Bistro HD OTSM Attiny25V

14.5$ Narsil v1.4 Attiny85 with temperature calibration
15.0$ Narsil v1.4 temperature calibrated, 1S LVP calibrated to any value you want

NarsilM Attiny85
13$ flashed no settings,
14.5$ with temp calibration and max temperature preset,
15$ with calibrated 1S or 2S LVP / temp calibration and max temperature preset, this version has no indicator LED

per spring add 0.3$

30mm add 1.5$
38.5mm add 2.85$ if 3 boards come together
46mm add 4.5$ if 3 boards come together
Zener mod add 0.7$
LDO 1.2$ 21mm and bigger only
LDO 17mm add 3$ more expensive parts

Bistro or Narsil customized modespacing adds 1-2$ depending how many groups you want changed
or you suply a hex add 0.5$

Bistro 2S Zener mod needs to be adjusted with a customized voltage divider to the MCU add 1.5$

Bigger diameter than 30mm I will build only if multiples of 3 drivers are requested or the board price goes up to compensate the unused
38.5mm add 2.85$ if 3 get ordered, if only 2 add 4.3$
SRK size add 4.5$ if full 3 get ordered
SRK Size with more than 7 AMC7135 Bank add 1$ For 16 AMCs

2$ envelope shipping worldwide
Tracking + insurance up to 25€ adds 3$
soldered springs are possible, but it adds 2.5$ shippin costs
insurance up to 100€ and tracking adds 5$
Insurance above 100€ and tracking adds 7$

1€ Germany

Edited by: Lexel on 06/11/2017 - 13:32
Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

if you request drivers try to do it in this form
Ill try to get 100 SIR FETs to lower the price by 0.5$

some examples from last batch
(1) 17mm 1S NarsilM PO=(L)
13$

(1) 17mm 1S Narsil v1.4 short spr. 60°C 45s PO=(L)
14.8$

(1) 22mm 1S Bistro HD long springs soldered
12.8$ and 2.5$ extra shipping

(1) 22mm 2S TA Bistro Z mod LVP=6V
13.2$ without LVP or 14.7$ calibration of LVP needed

(1) 17mm 1S Bistro HD OTSM long springs, SD=2.8V
standard light with lighted tailcap and perfect timing
14.3$

(1) 30mm 2S NarsilM LDO 65°C, SD=6V, PO=(NO), lighted sideswitch 2.2k
Convoy L6, Thorfire S70
17.7$

(1) 38.5mm Narsil v1.4 60°C 60s, no LVP, PO=(T)
Cuoroi D01 2S/3P
17.85$ or 20.85$ 2S LDO piggyback LDO

(1) 46mm 2S NarsilM 70°C, PO=(2B), SD=3.0V, 16AMC
21.7$

Narsil startup options
moon (M)
Turbo (T) useful with forward tail switch
2 blinks (2B)
no output (NO) useful with lighted sideswitch

SD=2.8V per cell shut down voltage, ramp down 0.2V above this level for Narsil

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

DavidEF
(1) 38.5mm NarsilM 60°C SD=2.8V PO=(2B)

mattlward
(1) 17mm Bistro 2S z-diode, short spring soldered
(1) 1S 17mm Bistro OTSM , short spring soldered
(1) 38.5mm Narsil

vinte77
(1) 22mm Bistro HD OTSM

zifzif
(1) 21mm with Narsil

MtnDon
(1) 30mm
more but not sure which

Lj-_-
(1) 30mm TA

Agro
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 128

Can SIR800 be used in TC?
Did you consider building this one?

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 4588
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

I’m interested in one 38.5mm driver for Courui D01 if other(s) will order a couple to make the three total needed. I don’t need three drivers myself, and I don’t want to pay the extra to be the only one ordering one. Let me know if it works out.

I’m still having trouble understanding how all the options stack up. Once again, I’ll take a stab at it here. Please tell me if this is correct or not!

(1) 38.5mm NarsilM 60°C SD=2.8V PO=(2B)

NarsilM ……. $15.00
38.5mm …… + $2.85
Shipping ….. + $2.00
Total ……….. $19.85

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

DavidEF wrote:
I’m interested in one 38.5mm driver for Courui D01 if other(s) will order a couple to make the three total needed. I don’t need three drivers myself, and I don’t want to pay the extra to be the only one ordering one. Let me know if it works out.

I’m still having trouble understanding how all the options stack up. Once again, I’ll take a stab at it here. Please tell me if this is correct or not!

(1) 38.5mm NarsilM 60°C SD=2.8V PO=(2B)

NarsilM ……. $15.00
38.5mm …… + $2.85
Shipping ….. + $2.00
Total ……….. $19.85

this is correct if you want LVP and Thermal calibration
the price examples are without shipping as there are multiple options for shipping

Agro wrote:
Can SIR800 be used in TC? Did you consider building this one?

What is a TC?

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 4588
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

OK. Thanks. I hope 2x more 38.5mm drivers get ordered by somebody. Innocent

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

mattlward
mattlward's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 06/19/2015 - 09:20
Posts: 2058
Location: Illinois, USA

I am interested in 1 17mm OTSM 2S zener mod driver, short spring, running Bistro. Also 2 X 1S 17mm OTSM with only the single channel 7135 and FET, running Bistro, short spring as well with moonlight set to 1 and mode 22 and 23 with a low mode setting of 2 and highest mode PWM set at 220 for low Vf leds. PM me if I need to try and explain this better.

PM me with a price, please???

Thanks Matt

EDC rotation:
Convoy S2+, 6*7135, XM-L2 3D, 10 degree TIR, PilotDog lighted tailcap.
Convoy S2+, H17F, XM-L2 4C, lighted tailcap
Zebralight SC52w-L2
Olight S1A
Olight S1R

Agro
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 128

Lexel wrote:
What is a TC?

Texas Commander
zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1238
Location: Greece

Can this driver handle 4 xhp70.2 with 2s2p input?

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany
zeremefico wrote:
Can this driver handle 4 xhp70.2 with 2s2p input?

for 4 XHP70.2 I would use a SIR404 FET it can handle 36.6A at 70°C ambient temperature
http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/s/i/sir404dp_vishay.pdf

mattlward wrote:
I am interested in 1 17mm OTSM 2S zener mod driver, short spring, running Bistro. Also 2 X 1S 17mm OTSM with only the single channel 7135 and FET, running Bistro, short spring as well with moonlight set to 1 and mode 22 and 23 with a low mode setting of 2 and highest mode PWM set at 220 for low Vf leds. PM me if I need to try and explain this better.

PM me with a price, please???

Thanks Matt

Bistro OTSM needs a LDO this in 17mm size adds 3$ just material cost as it is very expensive

for Modegroups can you send me the changed code, just be aware that if you use only 2 channels there are old Bistro Modegroups used
for low Vf LEDs maybe potting the AMC bank is the better solution

Quote:

// 7135
#define ONE7135 29
#define RAMP_PWM2 3,3,4,5,6,8,10,12,15,19,23,28,33,40,47,55,63,73,84,95,108,122,137,153,171,190,210,232,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,0

//FET
#define RAMP_PWM1 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,5,8,11,14,18,22,26,30,34,39,44,49,54,59,65,71,77,84,91,98,105,113,121,129,137,146,155,164,174,184,194,205,216,255

64, 0,

11, 64, 0,

11, 35, 64, 0,

11, 26, 46, 64, 0,

11, 23, 36, 50, 64, 0,

11, 20, 31, 41, 53, 64, 0,

29, 64,POLICE_STROBE,0, // 7: special group A

BIKING_STROBE,BATTCHECK,11,29,64,0, // 8: special group B

9, 18, 29, 46, 64, 0, // 9: special group C

11, 29, 50, 0 // muggle mode

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany
Agro wrote:
Lexel wrote:
What is a TC?
Texas Commander

the TC looks good if you move the FET to the LEDs MCPCB to cool it or you have to be below 10W of LED power to keep the FET cool enough

I got no experience with Texas Commander driver so building and testing it for just one driver makes not much sense
I can order the parts and reflow it

mattlward
mattlward's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 06/19/2015 - 09:20
Posts: 2058
Location: Illinois, USA
Lexel wrote:
zeremefico wrote:
Can this driver handle 4 xhp70.2 with 2s2p input?

for 4 XHP70.2 I would use a SIR404 FET it can handle 36.6A at 70°C ambient temperature
http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datasheet/s/i/sir404dp_vishay.pdf

mattlward wrote:
I am interested in 1 17mm OTSM 2S zener mod driver, short spring, running Bistro. Also 2 X 1S 17mm OTSM with only the single channel 7135 and FET, running Bistro, short spring as well with moonlight set to 1 and mode 22 and 23 with a low mode setting of 2 and highest mode PWM set at 220 for low Vf leds. PM me if I need to try and explain this better.

PM me with a price, please???

Thanks Matt

Bistro OTSM needs a LDO this in 17mm size adds 3$ just material cost as it is very expensive

for Modegroups can you send me the changed code, just be aware that if you use only 2 channels there are old Bistro Modegroups used
for low Vf LEDs maybe potting the AMC bank is the better solution

Quote:

// 7135
#define ONE7135 29
#define RAMP_PWM2 3,3,4,5,6,8,10,12,15,19,23,28,33,40,47,55,63,73,84,95,108,122,137,153,171,190,210,232,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,0

//FET
#define RAMP_PWM1 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,5,8,11,14,18,22,26,30,34,39,44,49,54,59,65,71,77,84,91,98,105,113,121,129,137,146,155,164,174,184,194,205,216,255

64, 0,

11, 64, 0,

11, 35, 64, 0,

11, 26, 46, 64, 0,

11, 23, 36, 50, 64, 0,

11, 20, 31, 41, 53, 64, 0,

29, 64,POLICE_STROBE,0, // 7: special group A

BIKING_STROBE,BATTCHECK,11,29,64,0, // 8: special group B

9, 18, 29, 46, 64, 0, // 9: special group C

11, 29, 50, 0 // muggle mode

I will get them together. I am not concerned about the 7135s, I am concerned about setting a current limit on the high end. Quad 219c’s will draw like crazy and I refuse to build down with little wire and no bypasses to restrict current to an uncontrolled amount. I understand otsm is higher, but it works! The modes do not go to hell with heat!

EDC rotation:
Convoy S2+, 6*7135, XM-L2 3D, 10 degree TIR, PilotDog lighted tailcap.
Convoy S2+, H17F, XM-L2 4C, lighted tailcap
Zebralight SC52w-L2
Olight S1A
Olight S1R

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

to control the Nichia 219s its probably better go with a full bank of AMCs plus FET and reduce the FET to like 150

for a pocket rocket you may want to add a thermal path from shelf to the MCU to get the temp protection be less delayed

Agro
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 128
Lexel wrote:
Agro wrote:
Lexel wrote:
What is a TC?
Texas Commander

the TC looks good if you move the FET to the LEDs MCPCB to cool it or you have to be below 10W of LED power to keep the FET cool enough

I got no experience with Texas Commander driver so building and testing it for just one driver makes not much sense
I can order the parts and reflow it


You can keep it below 10W for regulated modes and higher than that just PWM the FET. Overall it should be slightly more efficient than 7135s at low-medium modes. Also, some like the fact that there’s a broad range of modes (going down to quite low) that are PWM-free.
I thought this could make it interesting for some users….though actually I didn’t say that I want to buy it, so the number of requests is 0 so far. Wink
Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

I can build you one, but 3 or more would be better to reduce the costs

just ordering small amounts of parts and 3 boards does increase the material costs
testing and troubleshooting this driver is also new to me

Agro
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 128

I’m in the waiting mode. I’m wating for upocoming hosts and for a LED seller to get a new batch. After that I may (or may not) wait a little longer for GXB17, depending on what comes around. I’m not looking to buy TC (though it may change), but I thought others could. In general more niches covered = more buyers

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

including GXB17 driver in next batch makes more sense than TC

Agro
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 128

You’re probably right

zifzif
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 04/28/2017 - 11:43
Posts: 5

Put me down for a 21mm with an ATTiny85. I’ll add details as I figure them out, but I want to get on the list for the time being.

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 1179
Location: Expatriate Canadian in New Mexico, USA

Lexel, so far I have one of the 17’s from batch 3 installed. Love it!!!

I want a couple more… a 30mm, maybe 2 and maybe something else to be determined. I hope it is okay to get back to you exactly what by next week as I am traveling / busy. If that does notwork, I understand.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1807
Location: Germany

yeah its summer time and the interest is not that high atm, so next batch will take some time

I thought about ordering a bunch SIR800 as I got smaller parts, 85 MCUs and some board sizes left from last batch

and then be at least able to build some Narsil drivers, but no OTSM

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 282
Location: California

I guess I’ll hold out until you’re ready for some OTSM drivers and/or boost drivers.