Imalent DX80 32000 lumen monster

527 posts / 0 new
Last post
NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 869
Location: intersection of all roads

I believe that DX80 will be close to the stated lumens at least for first 20-30 seconds. Saying this because that 8pcs XHP70 have domes in that last picture , not like DT70 which have shaved domes and automatically less lumens… In practice about 600 lumens less at 5-6Amp, around 3200 per led.
So if they leave domes on it will be 3800×8= 30400 possible lumens on start

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

Yeah i noticed that in the video too, but no fans visible. i wonder if it’s passive cooling only or using fans like Olight X9.

freeme wrote:

CPU style heatsink. innocent


NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 869
Location: intersection of all roads

Also in this picture are not XHP70 2

Maybe they are waiting new LED for production..

Davevo 5k
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 07:04
Posts: 52
Location: UK
rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

i wished that they really step up their quality control. If this light turn out to be good i might get one.

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 869
Location: intersection of all roads

1,2 kg and 92mm head ! That will help with heat management !

Having this beast along with BLF GT will make my dreams come true…

But 19V charger for built-in charging no thanks..
I would rather get them out and charge with proper charger…

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155

NikolaS wrote:
1,2 kg and 92mm head ! That will help with heat management !

Having this beast along with BLF GT will make my dreams come true…

But 19V charger for built-in charging no thanks..
I would rather get them out and charge with proper charger…

I find this an interesting contrast with the DT70 or DN70; those lights are really bright, really compact, and really light. So the lights step down fast. The DX80 on the other hand is really bright, really compact… but really heavy (this is good in my book at this moment). Interesting… Cool

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

make me wonder what other lights in the new DX series may be in the future.

richbuff
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 09/22/2015 - 20:38
Posts: 100

rizky_p wrote:
make me wonder what other lights in the new DX series may be in the future.
Maybe something that is bigger and does more than the X65? Seven XHP35 in two-inch diameter non-overlapping reflector wells? Head diameter would be huge, but that is needed for huge beam performance. Such an item, and this item are in my area of interest.

Before I forget, I always need to remind myself: I can always throttle back to middle mode for heat management and longer run time.

Acebeam X45vnXHP70.2, K70vn, EC50vn, two X65Vn. Eagletac SX25L3 MT-G2, MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70 dome on. 47's MMU-X3. Manker MK34Vn. Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Niwalker MM15, and MM15MBvnSpec1. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. Olight S2 Baton. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

Man you sure have impressive collections there @richbuff

richbuff wrote:
rizky_p wrote:
make me wonder what other lights in the new DX series may be in the future.
Maybe something that is bigger and does more than the X65? Seven XHP35 in two-inch diameter non-overlapping reflector wells? Head diameter would be huge, but that is needed for huge beam performance. Such an item, and this item are in my area of interest.

Before I forget, I always need to remind myself: I can always throttle back to middle mode for heat management and longer run time.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155

Some new pictures (nothing spectacular) can be found here: http://www.fengyunbike.com/thread-103122-1-1.html

According to one picture, the light has 8 × 3000mAh battteries, so this light probably uses the same batteries supplied with the DT70/DT35 (= protected 30Q).

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 869
Location: intersection of all roads

Somehow this light is listed on Ali for 425$

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

Yeah you are right, just checked aliexpress. $425 is that for real? I am gonna pass on this way too expensive.

NikolaS wrote:
Somehow this light is listed on Ali for 425$
atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 4528
Location: Long Island, New York

$425? That’s insane even if you get a perfect one.

.. / .-- .- -. - / -- -.-- / -- .- -.-- .--. ---

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155

rizky_p wrote:
Yeah you are right, just checked aliexpress. $425 is that for real? I am gonna pass on this way too expensive.
NikolaS wrote:
Somehow this light is listed on Ali for 425$

I think this kind of stuff happens regularly. A product is not for sale yet, so a vendor tries to get as many pre-orders as possible, not always letting customers know the product is not for sale yet. Since the product is not for sale yet, a google search leads quickly to the vendor as well. If I’m not mistaken MSRP is $375,- and knowing Imalent prices, this means that if you wait a few months price will drop with coupon to about half, i.e. $200,-

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

Haikelite is said to be working on 18000 Lumens flashlight, i hope that is correct since their quality so far is better, my DN70 is working perfectly fine though no complain here, i might get the the DN35 based on that.

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 869
Location: intersection of all roads

Another Ali seller buth with more informathion about DX80 and MSRP price… DX80 Ali store

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155

Well it’s listed at Banggood for $380,- https://www.banggood.com/IMALENT-DX80-8x-XHP70-2nd-Generation-32000LM-Ou...
Mode spacing changed, and is actually really good 120, 500, 1500, 5000, 13000, 320000. So far so good I’d say. Big Smile

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9715
Location: Charente France

nice but what are the actual runtimes on higher lumens?
Is t 30K lumens for 10 seconds then stepdown to 2K?
Now that hyper lumen lights come to market I feel it is more how long higher luns modes can actualy run are more important then a short hyper burst

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia
The Miller wrote:
nice but what are the actual runtimes on higher lumens? Is t 30K lumens for 10 seconds then stepdown to 2K? Now that hyper lumen lights come to market I feel it is more how long higher luns modes can actualy run are more important then a short hyper burst

from the commercial video we can see the imalent DX80 has CPU style heatsink fins inside the head, not sure if the cooling is active like Olight X9 or not.

i think we should be making our own stupid bright light, BLF style! Steve

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155
The Miller wrote:
nice but what are the actual runtimes on higher lumens? Is t 30K lumens for 10 seconds then stepdown to 2K? Now that hyper lumen lights come to market I feel it is more how long higher luns modes can actualy run are more important then a short hyper burst

Well the thing is a nice 1.2 kg. My wild guess would be between 30 and 60 seconds before step down.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9715
Location: Charente France

mizou51 wrote:
Any lumen in this range.

Coz my dn70 spec are 3800lm but after 60sec it’s ramping down to 800lm….so that’s a 800lm ligh… Advertising 3800lm poufff


THIS, if this steps down to 2000 lumens after 20seconds I would see it as a 2K lumens light, funny, K lumens is what the Q8 can sustain till cells are depleted, so for this I would expect more.

And enclosed heatsink won’t help that much without a fan, air must be able to freely move especially in passive solutions, so it looks cool and all, but without a fan and good vent holes I dont think it will help much (lol and adding a fan makes it much much harder to have a nice waterproofed light (I have been looking into this for the Q16)

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155

There should be vent holes on the side for hot air to escape. I’d say such a design is so much better than a conventional design used in flashlights; it’s an extra feature. X65 has a conventional design and is doing pretty ok. The little X80 has 25000 lumens and is super tiny… Output on the other hand might be less than claimed, so maybe 25000 lumens or so?
Of course it’s going to step down fast. But you also have the 13000 lumen and 5000 lumen mode; great output levels!

Edit:

I think it’s going to step down between 2500 and 3000 lumens.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 4854
Location: freedailydeals.org

Soon we will see fans being installed for stock lights.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9715
Location: Charente France

Put three fingers with a small gap between them in front of the other arm and blow on them, feel how little air goes through and around.
Now place your finger tips on your arm so the fingers are round, like the little vent holes on this round head, blow, even less air goes through and more hits your arms above where the fingers are placed.
Water and air will go the way of least resistance.
So the small fin wide gaps on this light are only good if actively cooled I think.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155
The Miller wrote:
Put three fingers with a small gap between them in front of the other arm and blow on them, feel how little air goes through and around. Now place your finger tips on your arm so the fingers are round, like the little vent holes on this round head, blow, even less air goes through and more hits your arms above where the fingers are placed. Water and air will go the way of least resistance. So the small fin wide gaps on this light are only good if actively cooled I think.

Resistance increases as you apply pressure by blowing. I think that is a difference with the cooling principle of this light, which is based on convection (temperature difference, ambient pressure). A small breeze when walking with the light outside should make a lot of difference.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9715
Location: Charente France

We will have to see
My bet is that with unexposed small fins and a harsh stepdown they most likely use, covering the holes will not make a large difference (IF there is no fan there so it is not cooled actively)
And since they not show a fan, something that would be really cool and a good thing to emphasize I guess that it steps down based on time when the saturation point of the aluminium is reached (probably tested in a safe 25C environment and that after that it is based on temp.
And looking at the modes, it probably kicks back to 5K lumens initially when thermal monitoring has not engaged before the stepped down time (in a hotter environment.)
As a matter of fact, if not actively cooled in such relative small light for this high price I would expect some sophistication in stepdown management and development Big Smile

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2155
The Miller wrote:
We will have to see My bet is that with unexposed small fins and a harsh stepdown they most likely use, covering the holes will not make a large difference (IF there is no fan there so it is not cooled actively) And since they not show a fan, something that would be really cool and a good thing to emphasize I guess that it steps down based on time when the saturation point of the aluminium is reached (probably tested in a safe 25C environment and that after that it is based on temp. And looking at the modes, it probably kicks back to 5K lumens initially when thermal monitoring has not engaged before the stepped down time (in a hotter environment.) As a matter of fact, if not actively cooled in such relative small light for this high price I would expect some sophistication in stepdown management and development Big Smile

Current Imalent lights are temperature controlled (50 degrees C). I’d say thermal management is good with Imalent lights; it works well. Regarding price, well I can only feel Imalent “artificially” keep price fairly high, then you get good discount making the products really attractive. Look at current line up of DN/DT models; either there is a flash sale on a regular basis for almost half price, or you have an always working discount code also reducing the price to about half. Who doesn’t know “MACDEAL” by now?
But you know Miller, the DX80 is a really good example of how new flashlights keep us geeks busy and what’s to like about them. Thumbs UpBeer

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9715
Location: Charente France

Heheh agree Big Smile

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 761
Location: Indonesia

The Miller][quote=mizou51 wrote:

And enclosed heatsink won’t help that much without a fan, air must be able to freely move especially in passive solutions, so it looks cool and all, but without a fan and good vent holes I dont think it will help much (lol and adding a fan makes it much much harder to have a nice waterproofed light (I have been looking into this for the Q16)

the DX80 has two vent holes on either side, could be active cooling but maybe not.

Pages