Imalent DX80 32000 lumen monster

682 posts / 0 new
Last post
peabody
Online
Last seen: 5 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 05:04
Posts: 126

An RV refrigerator runs from an ammonia mixture being pushed around through tubes by a single small flame. Would it be possible to put a small tubes system around the head and it would use the heat from the led’s to push the refrigerant around to cool the whole head and even the handle off?

freeme wrote:

Soon we will see fans being installed for stock lights.


Ozythemandias
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 09/21/2016 - 08:33
Posts: 226

Heatpipes in a flashlight is an interesting concept, especially flat ones.

mizou51
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 12:06
Posts: 258
Location: France

The Miller wrote:
mizou51 wrote:
Any lumen in this range.

Coz my dn70 spec are 3800lm but after 60sec it’s ramping down to 800lm….so that’s a 800lm ligh… Advertising 3800lm poufff


THIS, if this steps down to 2000 lumens after 20seconds I would see it as a 2K lumens light, funny, K lumens is what the Q8 can sustain till cells are depleted, so for this I would expect more.

And enclosed heatsink won’t help that much without a fan, air must be able to freely move especially in passive solutions, so it looks cool and all, but without a fan and good vent holes I dont think it will help much (lol and adding a fan makes it much much harder to have a nice waterproofed light (I have been looking into this for the Q16)

+1 for Q16 ! haha
Think of a small active cooling. There are very small fan like 20-40mm ones…running them at lower voltage don’t make too much noise. Im’ thinking of fins through the whole head body with a small fan on one edge.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 650
Location: Athens Greece.

peabody wrote:
An RV refrigerator runs from an ammonia mixture being pushed around through tubes by a single small flame. Would it be possible to put a small tubes system around the head and it would use the heat from the led’s to push the refrigerant around to cool the whole head and even the handle off?

freeme wrote:

Soon we will see fans being installed for stock lights.



There was a old amplifier of very high quality,a Sanyo Plus P55 series,which had a freon type of cooling.
leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4031
Location: San Diego, CA
rizky_p wrote:
Haikelite is said to be working on 18000 Lumens flashlight, i hope that is correct since their quality so far is better, my DN70 is working perfectly fine though no complain here, i might get the the DN35 based on that.

I’m glad to finally hear more about this. This rumored light is why I skipped their first flood monster.

The low mode should be lower.

Reviews: Efan IMR18350 700mAh 10.5A, <a href="http://

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 469
Location: Brasil
hIKARInoob wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
my9221 wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Interesting. I got a total of three rudeness flags for my first and fifth post. Imalent fanboys?
Rudeness abused Flat Stare

+1 I’ll be it was a sales rep here on BLF

Interesting you mention a sales rep. If there were an Imalent sales rep, just like some vendors have here, isn’t that going to be in the benefit for us? If we receive a funky light we can get some assistance smoothing the warranty process? Look at what happened to Franz with his Klarus G30… Just wondering… And come on, that DX80 is a monster, and the discount price will be really, really good…

I’m back

Yes, like you said, the quality of the light and warranty really matters speccialy in high priced lights! The G30 have chronic issue with a short-circuit like was happened to me and Klarus do not made some recall or even replied who emailed the support

So, I almost the bought the DT70 when the preorder in Banggood was avaliable and some voice telled me to wait for review……. SO when the review in taschenlampe comes….. I’M GLAD TO NO BOUGHT THIS

The promisse was amazing, very high output with lage beam which come over a kilometer

Some mistery happened while I’ve sleep, they clam now 800m

I Bought the TN40 and I’m still happy now

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2584

Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro.
So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9947
Location: Charente France

Hmm let’s do a little napkin calculation here, as we would do when starting a new project.
All rough estimates on the little we know Wink
Housing 10-20
Switch orings little stuff 2-4
LEDs 40-60
Ledboard 10-12
Lens 10-12
Driver 25-40
Strange CPU style cooling 5-10
Fan? 5-7

Cells 20-32
Electronics 4-8

Box 5-10

So between 136 205
We would go for an estimate somewhere in between so it could very well be $175 just to make it.

Of course they want profits, vendors want profits, development and marketing.
So yeah $250/275 seems fair.
Way too much to justify
If it has no active cooling and the stepdown is to a long running 2K or something, I would not want it, we can do better ourselves Big Smile

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 469
Location: Brasil
hIKARInoob wrote:
Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro. So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

U$285= R$900

So, assuming the basic salary here is R$1000, its very cheap

I remember when you did a rap “wy pay your rent if can spend in imalent?”

Thats real

richbuff
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 09/22/2015 - 20:38
Posts: 109

If I plan on buying and keeping any item for my personal use:

If I can’t afford it, the price is too high, no matter how low the price may be.

If I can afford it, the price is never too high, no matter how high the price may be, if I want to buy and keep the item for my personal use.

People feel comfortable spending money in a particular range. Some people like to spend $1 on a flashlight, others like to spend $10, other people like to spend $100 on a flashlight, others like to spend $1,000.

It is all up to what an individual person likes to spend and is willing and able to pay.

Well, anyway, back to the flashlight itself: I am interested in this item, so I am going to keep my eyes open as to what first takers have to say.

Acebeam X45vnXHP70.2, K70vn, EC50vn, two X65Vn. Eagletac SX25L3 MT-G2, MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70 dome on. 47's MMU-X3. Manker MK34Vn. Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Niwalker MM15, and MM15MBvnSpec1. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. Olight S2 Baton. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 469
Location: Brasil

richbuff wrote:
If I plan on buying and keeping any item for my personal use:

If I can’t afford it, the price is too high, no matter how low the price may be.

If I can afford it, the price is never too high, no matter how high the price may be, if I want to buy and keep the item for my personal use.

People feel comfortable spending money in a particular range. Some people like to spend $1 on a flashlight, others like to spend $10, other people like to spend $100 on a flashlight, others like to spend $1,000.

It is all up to what an individual person likes to spend and is willing and able to pay.

Well, anyway, back to the flashlight itself: I am interested in this item, so I am going to keep my eyes open as to what first takers have to say.

Yes you are right when tell its personal which someone will spend in the light, but when tell about the light is cheap or expensive you are totally wrong….

Like I said, I left the DT70 for the super disapoint specs and quality issues and bought a TN40S which costs much more than imalent, but it was very cheap in comparison…….

I avoided:

*Contemplated with DOA light (a great number of users suffered it)
*Needed to mode to use non proprietary batteries
*Bought a light with liar specs which I will regreat at the first moment I’ve turned on
*Needed to support the huge and fast thermal stepdown

  • needed to create another thread here to get attention by manufacturer to solve my issue (not guarantee if it will solve or not)

Otherwise, with TN40S mine experience was great:

*Not worried about the big bad history of fails
*I put the batteries wich I want without cares if the light will switch on or not
*The specs are higher than informed
*Have NO frills in turbo mode even in painful hot to hold condition, making possible to cool with water or not care about if was a cold and windy night

Yes, that DX80 if going to same way of DT70 is VERY expensive…..

The question here is “what is your money for you?”, for me, I not spend my money in some doubtful product, I wil research and evaluate if this produtc deserves my money!

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 650
Location: Athens Greece.

Franz wrote:
richbuff wrote:
If I plan on buying and keeping any item for my personal use:

If I can’t afford it, the price is too high, no matter how low the price may be.

If I can afford it, the price is never too high, no matter how high the price may be, if I want to buy and keep the item for my personal use.

People feel comfortable spending money in a particular range. Some people like to spend $1 on a flashlight, others like to spend $10, other people like to spend $100 on a flashlight, others like to spend $1,000.

It is all up to what an individual person likes to spend and is willing and able to pay.

Well, anyway, back to the flashlight itself: I am interested in this item, so I am going to keep my eyes open as to what first takers have to say.

Yes you are right when tell its personal which someone will spend in the light, but when tell about the light is cheap or expensive you are totally wrong….

Like I said, I left the DT70 for the super disapoint specs and quality issues and bought a TN40S which costs much more than imalent, but it was very cheap in comparison…….

I avoided:

*Contemplated with DOA light (a great number of users suffered it)
*Needed to mode to use non proprietary batteries
*Bought a light with liar specs which I will regreat at the first moment I’ve turned on
*Needed to support the huge and fast thermal stepdown

  • needed to create another thread here to get attention by manufacturer to solve my issue (not guarantee if it will solve or not)

Otherwise, with TN40S mine experience was great:

*Not worried about the big bad history of fails
*I put the batteries wich I want without cares if the light will switch on or not
*The specs are higher than informed
*Have NO frills in turbo mode even in painful hot to hold condition, making possible to cool with water or not care about if was a cold and windy night

Yes, that DX80 if going to same way of DT70 is VERY expensive…..

The question here is “what is your money for you?”, for me, I not spend my money in some doubtful product, I wil research and evaluate if this produtc deserves my money!


I did the same.TN40S-TN42-TN36 2017. Smile
The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9947
Location: Charente France

If I understand correctly some people have actually ordered it via M4DM4X
I so hope they will post about it!

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 779
Location: Indonesia

yeah got the Mail too, actually the price is good considering you also got 4×18650, but Q8 and BLF GT is so close i am gonna keep my money for that.

The Miller wrote:
If I understand correctly some people have actually ordered it via M4DM4X I so hope they will post about it!
NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1070
Location: intersection of all roads

rizky_p wrote:
yeah got the Mail too, actually the price is good considering you also got 4×18650, but Q8 and BLF GT is so close i am gonna keep my money for that.
The Miller wrote:
If I understand correctly some people have actually ordered it via M4DM4X I so hope they will post about it!

Actually you get 8 × 18650 30Q

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 779
Location: Indonesia

didnt know DX80 uses 8×18650.

NikolaS wrote:

Actually you get 8 × 18650 30Q

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1070
Location: intersection of all roads

Yes 8 pcs 4S2P same as BLF GT with built-in charging

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2584
NikolaS wrote:
Yes 8 pcs 4S2P same as BLF GT with built-in charging

Is there by any chance are relation between 4S charging… and 32000 lumens? Silly

NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1070
Location: intersection of all roads

Hope I will get chance to discover.. Grad

thegameisrigged
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 02/05/2017 - 14:08
Posts: 48
Location: Raleigh NC

Would love for there to be a smaller version of this that thermal compounds to a copper spacer soldered to the MCPCB. Or just straight to an extra thick mcpcb that sits on a shelf that thermally conducts the body so that it cools off the LEDs as well as the head/handle. The fan/radiator would be integrated into the head aesthetically and it could be modular where it unscrews from the head so you could replace the pump. It could be made stealthy so that you wouldn’t see any pipes and wouldn’t know it was water cooled. That would be amazing, think of the runtimes!

TSO
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/17/2017 - 21:13
Posts: 24

There are ways to do miniaturized water cooling involving small fans and aluminum tubing. Think, high performance cpu cooling.

It would be impossible to retrofit though. The tubing would have to be manufactured structurally into the mounting plate of the LEDs and possibly into the body to save space.

I don’t know what sort of space is used for cooling in the design of the DX80, but I’m guessing it could be accomplished in about an inch of head/body tube space. Would involve a small fan and tiny radiator, and some venting. Natural heat driven fluid circulation.
Would probably drive the price up another $100, though.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2584
hIKARInoob wrote:
Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro. So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

Oh well, Gearbest just listed this light as well. With discount code “DX80” they’re selling it for $220 or 190 Euro. Pfff, what a great price… And that’s with 8 pieces of their protected Samsung 30Q batteries…

start90a
start90a's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/17/2016 - 11:18
Posts: 82
hIKARInoob wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro. So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

Oh well, Gearbest just listed this light as well. With discount code “DX80” they’re selling it for $220 or 190 Euro. Pfff, what a great price… And that’s with 8 pieces of their protected Samsung 30Q batteries…

GB says 8 pcs 18650 not included…

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 779
Location: Indonesia

hint hint, next BLF project? Silly

The Miller wrote:
If it has no active cooling and the stepdown is to a long running 2K or something, I would not want it, we can do better ourselves Big Smile
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2584
start90a wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro. So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

Oh well, Gearbest just listed this light as well. With discount code “DX80” they’re selling it for $220 or 190 Euro. Pfff, what a great price… And that’s with 8 pieces of their protected Samsung 30Q batteries…

GB says 8 pcs 18650 not included…

Here it says batteries are included. http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_681518.html

It says: “Battery Included or Not: Yes”

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 650
Location: Athens Greece.
hIKARInoob wrote:
start90a wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Regarding price, Banggood has the DX80 listed for $380, but there is already a coupon discount present on Banggood’s DX80’s page. The discount value is 25%, reducing the price to $285 or 245 Euro. So this is the starting price with eight batteries included. Well that’s dang nice isn’t it? Big Smile

Oh well, Gearbest just listed this light as well. With discount code “DX80” they’re selling it for $220 or 190 Euro. Pfff, what a great price… And that’s with 8 pieces of their protected Samsung 30Q batteries…

GB says 8 pcs 18650 not included…

Here it says batteries are included. http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_681518.html

It says: “Battery Included or Not: Yes”

I read in BG’s page the following.
Built-in 8pcs 3000mah battery pack.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9947
Location: Charente France

Wow if that BG listing is correct it is 8 series
Aren’t 30Qs 3100mAh? This would mean they sonr charge them to the max probably to extend lifespan.

rizky_p wrote:
hint hint, next BLF project? Silly

The Miller wrote:

If it has no active cooling and the stepdown is to a long running 2K or something, I would not want it, we can do better ourselves Big Smile

Why do you think I wanna know everything about these kind of lights now storming the market Wink
rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 779
Location: Indonesia
The Miller wrote:
Wow if that BG listing is correct it is 8 series Aren’t 30Qs 3100mAh?

i think Samsung 30Q is 3000mah rated cell not 3100mah.

The Miller wrote:
Why do you think I wanna know everything about these kind of lights now storming the market Wink

Now you are teasing Big Smile
I wonder how big the head need to be to maintain 32K lumens without active cooling.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2584

Looking at the “mode” switch, I was suddenly wondering whether Imalent went back to the touch screen control…

Mitko
Mitko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/19/2014 - 05:20
Posts: 1502
Location: Bulgaria

I do hope that they will add a spare driver in that box Smile The heat caused will fry the default one in no time, my DT70 died after only like 10 hours of moderate usage( driver fried)

Pages