Manker E02, Awesome customer service!

32 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada
Manker E02, Awesome customer service!

So i bought one of those AAA Manker E02 angle lights a month ago from that Ebay seller that was posted here in another topic. The light worked great for just over a month, then last night when i needed it at night i turned it on, & after a couple seconds it flickered then turned off. Now it will no longer turn on at all. I tried some new AAA Alkaline batteries & fully charged NiMH cells, no luck.. the Ebay seller will not respond to my email requests, (as expected with most shady sellers on ebay)
Any suggestions to help me with this? should i contact Manker directly? (though those methods don’t usually help)

EDIT: Manker direct replied very quickly to my E02 issue, and they quickly sent me a replacement, which arrived today. Smile They have among the quickest and best customer service of any manufacturer i have purchased from. I give them a high recommendation.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Edited by: DBSAR on 08/02/2017 - 14:14
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186

Sorry to hear… Was it manker-gear?

alphazeta
alphazeta's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 days ago
Joined: 11/03/2013 - 11:50
Posts: 541
Location: NYC

uh oh! that’s concerning. Facepalm

As Manker isn’t some fly by night operation I’d contact then directly & update this thread with it’s details(as they have a presence here.) Hopefully that will help in get this resolved for you (via a replacement or refund by Manker.)

Good luck!
AZ

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16693
Location: Amsterdam

Ai, that is not nice, especially since thusfar I have thought (and argued Facepalm ) that this was the first light that Manker did completely right.

I hope that Manker makes this right for you and that your defect is an exception!

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

I think you must contact with Manker here. Sure, they will reply you Smile
If the ebay people not respond, will be good idea comment here the site for avoid.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada
hIKARInoob wrote:
Sorry to hear… Was it manker-gear?

yep it was.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada

djozz wrote:
Ai, that is not nice, especially since thusfar I have thought (and argued Facepalm ) that this was the first light that Manker did completely right.

I hope that Manker makes this right for you and that your defect is an exception!

I like this light too & agree its one of the best AAA EDC lights i have tested and used. (i have th3 219 Nichia version) (it was my current EDC on my pocket since i bought it.) i even thought it was accidentally locked out, and tried the unique “1-click, 2-clicks, 3-clicks” method to unlock it, but no luck so far.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

giorgoskok
giorgoskok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 day ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 10:46
Posts: 2670
Location: Greece

It is one of the 4-5 lights i regularly use (the pre-production sample i own) , works still OK .

I believe you will resolve it with Manker Thumbs Up

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16693
Location: Amsterdam

I did have problems getting mine out of the lock-out mode. Had to try 5 times before I succeeded, varying the time between the clicks. Afraid to get it stuck in there, I now only use mechanical lock-out.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186

giorgoskok wrote:
It is one of the 4-5 lights i regularly use (the pre-production sample i own) , works still OK .

I believe you will resolve it with Manker Thumbs Up

Manker-Gear is also listed on Manker’s site (where to buy): http://www.mankerlight.com/where-to-buy/
So hopefully this should facilitate communication and warranty, as manker-gear is not (should not be) a shady seller. Hopefully.

Sprinkles
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 02/07/2012 - 13:06
Posts: 399
Location: NorthernCA

I’ve always had great luck contacting their CS. They’ve been nothing but reasonable when it comes to resolving issues with lights.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada

hIKARInoob wrote:
giorgoskok wrote:
It is one of the 4-5 lights i regularly use (the pre-production sample i own) , works still OK .

I believe you will resolve it with Manker Thumbs Up

Manker-Gear is also listed on Manker’s site (where to buy): http://www.mankerlight.com/where-to-buy/
So hopefully this should facilitate communication and warranty, as manker-gear is not (should not be) a shady seller. Hopefully.

I sent them a message here on BLF. Maybe should I send them an email through their website?

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 3295
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Please let us know how things evolve. So I know if I can put this light back on the to-do list.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186
DBSAR wrote:
I sent them a message here on BLF. Maybe should I send them an email through their website?

Why not? Just mail them as well mentioning you pm’d them on BLF as well. Jason from Manker (info@mankerlight.com) is very responsive; he has answered many technical questions. Of course warranty is a different issue… It is weekend, so maybe you have to wait until Monday.

khanhluu
khanhluu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 07/01/2017 - 01:34
Posts: 4
Location: Vietnam

I met the same case as you did about Manker E02, It does not die driver. I disassemble the head of the lamp, Retract the driver, And it works again.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186

So any update? Got a reply from Manker?

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1555
Location: United States

Has it only been a month we have had this light? I have carried and used my virtually every day since I got it. So far, no problems. I hope you get this resolved to a happy end for you . . .

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada

UPDATE: – Manker did get back to me and has shipped me a replacement. Their customer service replied very quickly when i contacted them directly. I give them a good thumbs up for quick customer service and solution to the one defective one i bought. Thumbs Up Smile

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1555
Location: United States

congrats! Let’s hear it for responsive customer service Thumbs Up

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Mkduffer
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 12/19/2015 - 02:31
Posts: 455
Location: Island of Hawaii
Thumbs Up Manker! Maybe Klarus could learn a thing or two about customer service from you!

People say I’m a flashaholic like it’s a bad thing…

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186

Well that’s excellent news there! Such an experience only enhances enjoying the light I’d say. Party

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6263
Location: Ontario, Canada

UPDATE: Manker direct replied very quickly to my E02 issue, and they quickly sent me a replacement, which arrived today. Smile They have among the quickest and best customer service of any manufacturer i have purchased from. I give them a high recommendation.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

roach1492
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 6

I just got an Eo2 last week had the same trouble trying too get it unlocked,almost two days (and the UI’s not that hard)and it unlocked.I sent Manker an email told me they had never heard of that problem before.A couple emails later they told me to send a video,which is not that easy for me no phone or the such only a desktop computer.I think my lights are higher tec than most any thing in my house (lol),was going to have one of my kids help me make a video to send tried the light a few more times and it came back on.Never had any trouble with UI’s on Zebralight’s or any of the others.I like the light every thing else works fine,i won’t be locking it out with the switch anymore.

roach1492

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4186
roach1492 wrote:
I just got an Eo2 last week had the same trouble trying too get it unlocked,almost two days (and the UI’s not that hard)and it unlocked.I sent Manker an email told me they had never heard of that problem before.A couple emails later they told me to send a video,which is not that easy for me no phone or the such only a desktop computer.I think my lights are higher tec than most any thing in my house (lol),was going to have one of my kids help me make a video to send tried the light a few more times and it came back on.Never had any trouble with UI’s on Zebralight’s or any of the others.I like the light every thing else works fine,i won’t be locking it out with the switch anymore.

Lockout on Mankers are tough. It sounds easy: single click, double click, triple click… but timing is very crucial. First time I locked and unlocked my MK34 – it was like a week after I got the light – I felt like Indiana Jones who solved some 2000 year old puzzle to access the gold chamber or something.

roach1492
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 6

I tried pretty much for two days my flashlight (OCD kicked in)!

roach1492

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 11089
Location: nyc
hIKARInoob wrote:
Lockout on Mankers are tough. It sounds easy: single click, double click, triple click… but timing is very crucial. First time I locked and unlocked my MK34 – it was like a week after I got the light – I felt like Indiana Jones who solved some 2000 year old puzzle to access the gold chamber or something.

I hear that’s how he did it…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Mankerlight
Mankerlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/17/2016 - 02:56
Posts: 236
Location: china

Clearance Sale Now!! E02,E02H and E03H 50% OFF

Mail:sales@mankerlight.com

Web: www.mankerlight.com

Welcome to join Mankerlight Group in Facebook.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 415
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Hmmm, spamming a few threads….still – got 2xE02.

Mankerlight
Mankerlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/17/2016 - 02:56
Posts: 236
Location: china

Thank you!

Mail:sales@mankerlight.com

Web: www.mankerlight.com

Welcome to join Mankerlight Group in Facebook.

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3577
Location: Calif

ordered a red E02 – these are fantastic lights! Crazy deal at $11.48

Unheard
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 34 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 395
Location: Germany

Found it, too:

http://www.mankerlight.com/clearance-sale-manker-e02-best-aaa-flashlight...

Ordered grey and red. Very nice :-).

Pages