I need three 18350 flashlights

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany
I need three 18350 flashlights

Hi!

There should be 4 Aspire 18350s on it’s way – but IO don’t have a soingle 18350 flashlight because til now I only had 16340s, 18650s and 26650s.

So I need the three best and cheapest flashlights – would be nice If they were highly moddable.

I think I will go for the S2+ 18350 – althought I already have the 18650 Version with Triple XP-G2 and FET driver

The lights will all be modded with at least 2.8A drivers, so good thermal path is needed.

So I need three other flashlights or hosts – best if they were cheap Big Smile


Thanks a lot!

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2792

No modding. Get the Emisar D4 with 18350 tube. Must have. $40, but it’s excellent value. Get it!

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany

I already have the D4 with 18650 tube Big Smile

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2792

Well get the $5,- 18350 tube, and you will have the cheapest solution as well! Big Smile

kiriba-ru
kiriba-ru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 02:34
Posts: 1417
Location: Russia

Solarforce l2m? If you can find it nowadays.

Meanwhile in Russia: https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2792

Jaxman E2L

Agro
Online
Last seen: 8 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 1334
Location: Ślōnsk

Emisar D1 (once it’s available).

Geuzzz
Geuzzz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/25/2015 - 10:27
Posts: 293
Location: Netherlands

Blf a6/astrolux s1 with short tube, or the S41 both for under 20 euros at bangood at the moment.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 4704
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

S41 for under $20 is a must buy i.m.o.

..waiting for parts..

Still looking for 5” parabolic reflector (for recoil light)

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2792

You don’t want to go for a 2×18350 light?

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 1214
Location: Portugal
hIKARInoob wrote:
You don’t want to go for a 2×18350 light?

Hum, what would be a good suggestion for one of these 2×18350? Cool
BTW, nice ones above! (I think I’ll have to get an Emisar D4 too… Facepalm )

@ L4M4
The Convoys S2+ are the ones I use with 18350 and I’m not disappointed so far! I’ve been using them with IMR18350 Keeppower but some Aspire are arriving (from Neal) so I’ll check what they can do with those Big Smile

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 - XPG3-S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 - XHP70.2 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5                             Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses on: XML2 / XPL-HI                             Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)

Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3

 

djozz
djozz's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 11404
Location: Amsterdam

hIKARInoob wrote:
Jaxman E2L

If you want to mod it you must buy the host only version because of the glued PCB. IMO the nicest 18350 light in the universe.
Geuzzz
Geuzzz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/25/2015 - 10:27
Posts: 293
Location: Netherlands
djozz wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Jaxman E2L
If you want to mod it you must buy the host only version because of the glued PCB. IMO the nicest 18350 light in the universe.

Do you know a good place to get the host? Jaxman store does not have them available.

Agro
Online
Last seen: 8 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 1334
Location: Ślōnsk
MascaratumB wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
You don’t want to go for a 2×18350 light?

Hum, what would be a good suggestion for one of these 2×18350? Cool


Emisar D4 modded to use 2s2p emitters?
Emisar D1 with dedomed XHP50.2 for 2500-3000 lm and 25-35 kcd?
djozz
djozz's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 11404
Location: Amsterdam
Geuzzz wrote:
djozz wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Jaxman E2L
If you want to mod it you must buy the host only version because of the glued PCB. IMO the nicest 18350 light in the universe.

Do you know a good place to get the host? Jaxman store does not have them available.


ai, so the E2L host is sold out Sad The aliexpress Jaxman store was the only place that had those. I hope that they will make a new batch of E2L hosts.
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 1214
Location: Portugal

Agro wrote:
Emisar D4 modded to use 2s2p emitters?

Emisar D1 with dedomed XHP50.2 for 2500-3000 lm and 25-35 kcd?

Thanks! I’m just not familiarised with what 2s2p emitters are… Facepalm
Gonna check that around! Anyway, that would imply the 18650 tube and the 2×18350 cells inside, right? The driver would have to be modded/changed too?

(I guess that sticking with a stock light with just 1×18350 will be easier for now as I’m not savvy enough to make those mods or dedome!…)

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 - XPG3-S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 - XHP70.2 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5                             Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses on: XML2 / XPL-HI                             Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)

Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3

 

Agro
Online
Last seen: 8 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 1334
Location: Ślōnsk

D4 has all the LEDs wired in parallel, 4p. 2s2p is having them as 2 parallel groups of 2 emitters in series. Doing so halves electrical loses of the host. It also spreads the load over 2 cells. But the cells are significantly weaker, so it’s uncertain (to me) what would be the gains. I suppose they would be small.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 1214
Location: Portugal
Agro wrote:
D4 has all the LEDs wired in parallel, 4p. 2s2p is having them as 2 parallel groups of 2 emitters in series. Doing so halves electrical loses of the host. It also spreads the load over 2 cells. But the cells are significantly weaker, so it’s uncertain (to me) what would be the gains. I suppose they would be small.

Thanks for the explanation! Regarding capacity in runtime, 2 18350 will certainly loose for a 18650. Maybe the initial “boost” is better specially with IMR cells, but then it will certainly drop a lot.
Yeah, like I said, I guess a Emisar D4 stock light may be a good option, with 18650 and 18350 tube. Thumbs Up

@ L4M4, there is Thrunite Neutron 2C V3 that goes with 18650 and 18350 too, with no extra tube!

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 - XPG3-S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 - XHP70.2 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5                             Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses on: XML2 / XPL-HI                             Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)

Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3

 

korpzgrinda
korpzgrinda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 01/09/2017 - 16:52
Posts: 244
Location: Eastern Woodlands in the Wilderness of North America
Geuzzz wrote:
Do you know a good place to get the host? Jaxman store does not have them available.

Honestly, you should try messaging the Jaxman seller on Aliexpress. I just was looking to order a 18350 tube for the E2L host I bought from mtnelectronics.com, and they showed “no longer available”. So I messaged them about it, and they said the listing had expired and it would be up again. I checked back and it was available again the next day.

I ended up ordering the original short tube, as well as a black E2L host and black 18350 tube. This was just on August 16 and I’m still waiting for them, so I’m surprised the hosts are gone already. It really could be an expired listing or something like that.

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany
Jerommel wrote:
S41 for under $20 is a must buy i.m.o.

Indeed it is.
But under 20$? where?


hIKARInoob wrote:
You don’t want to go for a 2×18350 light?

Well… I have a XHP70 laying around… Big Smile
I will think about that!


I won’t order a 18350 tube for the EMisar – that light is tiny enough and I have not the smallest hands, so a side-clicky light that small wouldn’t be nice to operate.

THe Jaxman is just too close to my two Convoy with triples (S3 grey, S2+ green) Silly

JIGHEADWORM
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 18:04
Posts: 240
Location: Tennessee

those new aspire 18350’s changes the game for 18350 use.

Gj
Gj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2013 - 15:44
Posts: 2954
Location: NY,USA

That’s a novel approach to the hobby, order a new cell size then hunt for suitable flashlights. Shocked

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany

Big Smile
I mean… those 18350s are cheap and the best that are on the market. I couldn’t resist.
I had an eye on 18350s for a long time, but since I am not a “900 Lumens is incredibly bright”-user, I need high-drain batteries, and the aspire are pretty much the first on the market.
It’s the same with the S41… “only” 1600Lumens… I entered the Flashlight-market before the XM-L was born and still have an old C8 with a P7 in it – 1600Lm out of a light that small then would have been a miracle back then. Today it’s nothing special and cheap to get.

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany

Just to complete this thread – I have now the Astrolux S41, two S2+ with short tube (green with 219C 4000K triple, desert with soon to be 219C 4000K triple) and since the short tube fits my old S8, I just have ordered another one for that light.
So every cell has it’s master now Big Smile
And the size of those 18350 S2+ is so nice – they fit so perfectly into my hands and pump out so much light (less than the D4 of course)

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 968
Location: Sweden
L4M4 wrote:
Just to complete this thread – I have now the Astrolux S41, two S2+ with short tube (green with 219C 4000K triple, desert with soon to be 219C 4000K triple) and since the short tube fits my old S8, I just have ordered another one for that light. So every cell has it’s master now Big Smile And the size of those 18350 S2+ is so nice – they fit so perfectly into my hands and pump out so much light (less than the D4 of course)

Nice lights, but why no D4?
(I’m just curious.)

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany

The D4 is small enough in the 18650 version
If I take the D4 in my hand, it doesn’t stick out on either side, so a 18350 tube on that would make the light uncomfortably small

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2411
Location: California

L4M4 wrote:
The D4 is small enough in the 18650 version
If I take the D4 in my hand, it doesn’t stick out on either side, so a 18350 tube on that would make the light uncomfortably small
Agreed. I also find the D4 with 18350 tube to be just a bit too small and slippery.

The 18500 tube with Talon grip tape added to the smooth portion of the body feels much more comfortable in the hand, and much lighter than using the 18560 tube.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 979
Location: USA

L4M4 wrote:
Just to complete this thread – I have now the Astrolux S41, two S2+ with short tube (green with 219C 4000K triple, desert with soon to be 219C 4000K triple) and since the short tube fits my old S8, I just have ordered another one for that light.
So every cell has it’s master now Big Smile
And the size of those 18350 S2+ is so nice – they fit so perfectly into my hands and pump out so much light (less than the D4 of course)

What do you think about the S41?

Out of all the 18350 lights you have acquired, which one do you like best?

Like you, I bought some 18350 cells and am looking to buy a relatively inexpensive light to use them in.

jon_slider
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 733
Location: Crowdifornia

Pete7874 wrote:
[Out of all the 18350 lights you have acquired, which one do you like best?.

I like my Mecarmy PT-16, it does not have PWM like the ones mentioned above.
L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1136
Location: Germany

Easy choice – My green Convoy S2+ with triple 219C 4000K and FET driver
Tiny little light with a ton of output and a nice beam.

The S41 is really nice made and looks really cool, but the beam is a bit so-so- no clear hotspot and the hotspot that you can barely see isn’t round.

I also have another S2+ with the short tube in “desert”-color – veeeery nice, even without modifications. I would get that one first

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 979
Location: USA

jon_slider wrote:
Pete7874 wrote:
[Out of all the 18350 lights you have acquired, which one do you like best?.

I like my Mecarmy PT-16, it does not have PWM like the ones mentioned above.

Thanks, looks nice, but it’s quite expensive.

Pages