Haikelite Products Upgrade and Improvement Official Announcements

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 928
Location: Indonesia

I was in similar situation, it was tempting to get another MT03 especially the XHP70.2 version but i am now going toward a second MF01 maybe XPG version this time instead of MT03 i do like the better throw that the TIR offers on MF01 it even uses 90 CRI Nichias. Thumbs Up

hIKARInoob wrote:
I recently got the Atrolux MF01, which is comparable to MT03, and it is so good that I wonder why I’m considering the MT03 at all. I recently also read about a member who received the MT03 not too long ago, and there were several QC issues that reminded me of the first group buy a year ago… I hope you can make improvements, because I do like Haikelite lights a lot.

Thanks!

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 928
Location: Indonesia
elbee
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2017 - 09:28
Posts: 16

I recently bought an SC01. As has been described by one or two others, I encountered a switch/driver issue which requires multiple button presses for the light to turn on. Within a few days of purchase, I emailed Haikelite, and they ignored my email. I sent a follow up, which they eventually responded to but did not offer any remedy (they did ask if I would be technically able to replace the driver, but did not actually offer to send me one). Follow up emails were also not responded to. I cannot think of any reason why I would buy a Haikelite product in the future, since the company does not seem interested in resolving customer issues and is horrible about responding to email. I sent you a PM with more detail.

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1287
Location: Australia

elbee wrote:
I recently bought an SC01. As has been described by one or two others, I encountered a switch/driver issue which requires multiple button presses for the light to turn on. Within a few days of purchase, I emailed Haikelite, and they ignored my email. I sent a follow up, which they eventually responded to but did not offer any remedy (they did ask if I would be technically able to replace the driver, but did not actually offer to send me one). Follow up emails were also not responded to. I cannot think of any reason why I would buy a Haikelite product in the future, since the company does not seem interested in resolving customer issues and is horrible about responding to email. I sent you a PM with more detail.

Whilst it is understandable you are not happy, do you have to post the same grievance in multiple threads? (I’ve counted the same comment in 4 threads so far).

I’d like to see a tripod mount on any light with large diameter battery tubes (e.g. 3 or 4×18650).

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
stephenk wrote:
I’d like to see a tripod mount on any light with large diameter battery tubes (e.g. 3 or 4×18650).

Our fantasies are similar my friend. I’d like to see a light with large diameter battery tubes (e.g. 3 or 4×18650) on any tripod mount. Silly

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 170
Location: EU (Hu)

Dear HaikeLite,

I am getting into liking your flashlights gradually more and more (reasonably bulky, not getting hot too early, UI mostly nice), but I need to tell about my experiences and suggestions, because there are things, which I think, could still improve.

Back in August, I received a MT03 II Devourer with an issue, which I submitted already in one of the topics here, but as I saw, that this is an official thread for HaikeLite improvements, I would like to include it here also:

adam7027 wrote:
I found something odd with the behavior of my MT03 II, at Turbo level, one of the emitters does not emit light properly. I have also a video of this happening (please read video description as well).

Could you please give me hints, what could cause a behaviour like this?

After showing this issue to BG customer service, I had that very brief instruction, that probably I need to solder the driver circuit. But I have no clues, what to look for in order to fix it.

Another personal requests from me:
The main selling point for me about HaikeLite was the neutral tint availability. I can speak only for myself, but I would welcome tints warmer than 5000K as well (e.g. 90CRI 2700K with minimal blue spectrum emission for comfortable night walks, and with at least 80CRI the neutral-to-warm tints of 4500K/4000K/3500K).

My favourite HaikeLite is now the SC02. MT-G2 emitter has a generally nice tint (despite of its about 73CRI – here I would also buy warmer, and higher CRI options), size is awesome – it is also good to use as an exploration bicycle light, and UI is the best, as I love double tap turbo.

An idea of the following could be also handy: double click would not for turbo, the driver would have two mode memory, and double click would toggle between the mode memory slots.

I know, that these were very personal, but I hope, that you could consider the feedback I shared.

Thank you very much.

elbee
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2017 - 09:28
Posts: 16
stephenk wrote:
Whilst it is understandable you are not happy, do you have to post the same grievance in multiple threads? (I’ve counted the same comment in 4 threads so far).

I debated whether to do that, but I limited my posting to topics specifically dealing with the SC01. Part of my thinking was to alert others who might buy an SC01 so that they would be forewarned, and part of my thinking was to have Haikelite be more sensitive to customer issues. Sorry if you or others found it to be needlessly redundant.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
elbee wrote:
stephenk wrote:
Whilst it is understandable you are not happy, do you have to post the same grievance in multiple threads? (I’ve counted the same comment in 4 threads so far).

I debated whether to do that, but I limited my posting to topics specifically dealing with the SC01. Part of my thinking was to alert others who might buy an SC01 so that they would be forewarned, and part of my thinking was to have Haikelite be more sensitive to customer issues. Sorry if you or others found it to be needlessly redundant.

Most of us are aware of issues, not just with the SC01, but with Haikelite in general. I have problems with my two Haikelites as well. When things turn sour, Haikelite often chooses to stay quiet unfortunately.

Tally-ho
Tally-ho's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 53 sec ago
Joined: 07/23/2011 - 04:15
Posts: 586
Location: France

I’m pretty happy with my MT01, SC02 and MT07 but I will wait before buying a new model. I think that they first have to improve and mature their UI and lineup of flashlights.

mizou51
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 12:06
Posts: 293
Location: France
elbee wrote:
stephenk wrote:
Whilst it is understandable you are not happy, do you have to post the same grievance in multiple threads? (I’ve counted the same comment in 4 threads so far).

I debated whether to do that, but I limited my posting to topics specifically dealing with the SC01. Part of my thinking was to alert others who might buy an SC01 so that they would be forewarned, and part of my thinking was to have Haikelite be more sensitive to customer issues. Sorry if you or others found it to be needlessly redundant.

do you tried other 26650 ? My protected ones didnt work with the SC02. But litokaala did perform very well. SC01 and SC02 are very sensitive to internal reistance. Protected ones don’t work.

elbee
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2017 - 09:28
Posts: 16
mizou51 wrote:
do you tried other 26650 ? My protected ones didnt work with the SC02. But litokaala did perform very well. SC01 and SC02 are very sensitive to internal reistance. Protected ones don’t work.

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try unprotected 26650 cells. Each cell I tried worked, however the problem remains that button pressing is very erratic and most times requires multiple presses, often ultimately going directly to strobe mode. It is the type of problem that prevents having a family member be able to use and rely on it. Haikelite knows that the problem exists because of the driver they used, but as hIKARInoob noted above, the manufacturer prefers to remain silent.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
elbee wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I did try unprotected 26650 cells. Each cell I tried worked, however the problem remains that button pressing is very erratic and most times requires multiple presses, often ultimately going directly to strobe mode. It is the type of problem that prevents having a family member be able to use and rely on it. Haikelite knows that the problem exists because of the driver they used, but as hIKARInoob noted above, the manufacturer prefers to remain silent.

I think Haikelite is an important game changer in the flashlight world. They are offering high spec’d lights for a really good price, in an attractive (at least to me) non generic body. But in a year time things changed quickly. Utorch was about to release the UT03, and Astrolux released the MF01, and soon the MF02. All monster lights in the price range comparable to Haikelite MT03 and MT07. There are some issues with the MF01, but in my opinion, it still is so much more reliable than Haikelite, and is of an even better quality.
Hopefully more offerings of high performance well priced lights will become available for us, and this only means that if Haikelite want to survive, they better step up their game. Not only consumers like you and I will get fed up with failing lights, but so do Banggood and Gearbest, especially because of our little buddy called Paypal dispute… Quality and after sales service can make or break a company, and Haikelite will notice this with increasing competition. But nevertheless, I find their lights and configuration oh so appealing.

Narmattaru
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 12/19/2016 - 13:47
Posts: 246
Location: Russia

hi Haikelite
i`ve tested 3 lights that you produce and ratio price\quality\functionality is good

my personal impression is that your lights are definetely too heavie. of course this result in better heat dissipation and thus more stable turbo…but stil – they are really heaavy. may be you can consider this aspect in next model

wish you luck. you do great job for newbe on flashlight market!

good news, everyone!

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 36 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 284
Location: Thailand

Hello, Haikelite.
I hope your products get better quality, QC, QA while stay the same friendly price.
I’ve never bought Haikelite because of QC problems. Especially, the one I got from GAW isn’t water proof and no respond when I ask if you can send me spare o-ring and bezel for fixing it or not.(I’m still glad I got it, though Big Smile )
If your product quality gets better, I will definitely dare to buy them. Wink

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4199
Location: San Diego, CA

Narmattaru wrote:
hi Haikelite
i`ve tested 3 lights that you produce and ratio price\quality\functionality is good

my personal impression is that your lights are definetely too heavie. of course this result in better heat dissipation and thus more stable turbo…but stil – they are really heaavy. may be you can consider this aspect in next model

wish you luck. you do great job for newbe on flashlight market!

Heavy is what makes this better than other lightweight lights. There are plenty of other lights that spend too much time machining out all the thermal mass. Most of these lights are large, and I see no reason to save a few ounces on a large light. I’ve actually looked at and favored greater mass when shopping for large lights before. For some of their newer smaller lights, saving weight might make sense, although the extra mass may be what makes it desirable in a competitive class.

The low mode should be lower.

Reviews: Efan IMR18350 700mAh 10.5A, <a href="http://

Agro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 2584
Location: Ślōnsk

I’m also in the “too heavy” camp.
1. The proper way is to improve the thermal transfer, not to add mass. And actually I have no complaints about thermal transfer in my MT02.
2. Battery tube and tail cap could weigh less too. Thermal mass there means little (tube) or none at all (cap).

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 1816
Location: USA

What is the standard warranty period for Haikelite products? And how do you go about getting a product repaired: do I go through Haikelite directly or through the seller (banggood)?

dingsta
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/13/2017 - 01:46
Posts: 8

I still am waiting for a driver replacement. They stopped responding to my emails from the address on their website. You might be able to get a response from banggood.

It took about a month for the OP to answer a question here by pm… So GL with your light.

dingsta
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/13/2017 - 01:46
Posts: 8

It’s been over a month now and I still can’t get a simple answer of if they sent a replacement driver or not. Please improve Customer Service as your top priority. Who’s gonna buy your products if they just end up failing?

elbee
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2017 - 09:28
Posts: 16
dingsta wrote:
It’s been over a month now and I still can’t get a simple answer of if they sent a replacement driver or not. Please improve Customer Service as your top priority. Who’s gonna buy your products if they just end up failing?

I feel your pain. I’m pretty much in the same boat. Shoddy after-sales support and customer service.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1786

leaftye wrote:
Narmattaru wrote:
hi Haikelite
i`ve tested 3 lights that you produce and ratio price\quality\functionality is good

my personal impression is that your lights are definetely too heavie. of course this result in better heat dissipation and thus more stable turbo…but stil – they are really heaavy. may be you can consider this aspect in next model

wish you luck. you do great job for newbe on flashlight market!

Heavy is what makes this better than other lightweight lights. There are plenty of other lights that spend too much time machining out all the thermal mass. Most of these lights are large, and I see no reason to save a few ounces on a large light. I’ve actually looked at and favored greater mass when shopping for large lights before. For some of their newer smaller lights, saving weight might make sense, although the extra mass may be what makes it desirable in a competitive class.


Yes, thermal mass works.
Haikelite should do the simplest way and provide us best price for high output flashlight.

cool i'll see you when you get there

HaikeLite Official
HaikeLite Official's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/10/2016 - 11:33
Posts: 182

Hi

MT03s from End of Novermber are used a TA-based driver with HaikeLite UI , the brightness increased above 12000 lumens.

i saw 2-3 people had a driver problem with mt03, please contact the dealer/us to find a solution.

Thanks
haikelite

HaikeLite Official--all rights reserved

www.haikelite.top

Skype: haikelite@yeah.net

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1191
Location: Australia

Can we buy the new driver to upgrade our lights?

mizou51
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 12:06
Posts: 293
Location: France

HaikeLite Official wrote:
Hi

MT03s from End of Novermber are used a TA-based driver with HaikeLite UI , the brightness increased above 12000 lumens.

i saw 2-3 people had a driver problem with mt03, please contact the dealer/us to find a solution.

Thanks
haikelite

Good news!
Hi hope every one will have a replacement driver.

Florian

HaikeLite Official
HaikeLite Official's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/10/2016 - 11:33
Posts: 182
Nicolicous wrote:
Can we buy the new driver to upgrade our lights?

yes, we can sell the driver seprately

HaikeLite Official--all rights reserved

www.haikelite.top

Skype: haikelite@yeah.net

askj
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/27/2017 - 21:42
Posts: 49
HaikeLite Official
HaikeLite Official's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/10/2016 - 11:33
Posts: 182

yes

HaikeLite Official--all rights reserved

www.haikelite.top

Skype: haikelite@yeah.net

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1786

HaikeLite Official wrote:
yes

Great job solving the issue. I think Haikelite should perform more thorough test on future new products though.

And Banggood page is still showing 8760 lumens. Can you confirm Banggood is selling 12000 lumens version? Can you work with Banggood to remove unecessary doubt?

cool i'll see you when you get there

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7896
Location: Houston Texas

HaikeLite Official wrote:
Hi

MT03s from End of Novermber are used a TA-based driver with HaikeLite UI, the brightness increased above 12000 lumens.


Are you saying this new driver is based on the Texas Avenger, FET, 3 channel driver?

Does it still have the 6 brightness levels?

Can you tell use what these levels are? Are they all the same except for a brighter turbo?

Thanks

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

FPV
FPV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 07/14/2017 - 12:36
Posts: 546
Location: Traveling on the job

Hi HaikeLite, are you using Narsil or a variant of it for the new lights? Thanks. I was planning on buying a HaikeLite product but wasn’t sure which firmware comes pre-configured.

Pages