Banggood - job well done on battery shipment

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
jch10400
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/28/2016 - 06:38
Posts: 234
Location: California
Banggood - job well done on battery shipment

I ordered 4 18650-30Q batteries from Banggood during their recent sale, and with all the issues with li-ion shipping rules was surprised to see free shipping to the U.S. I got the package exactly 14 days after I ordered, and was impressed with the way Banggood shipped them.

First, each battery was individually sealed by using a clear shrink wrap band that was put on the battery end-to-end so that both the positive and negative terminals were covered.

All 4 batteries were then put in a clear plastic battery case that latches shut

Which was then latched and taped shut with clear packing tape

And was then wrapped in two layers of a foam packing material

Before it was put in the mailing envelope.

They went in my lii-500 the same day, and tested out at 2930 – 2940 mAh

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada

BG has done me well for batteries but today I got an email stating that my recent order of 16 30Q’s was cancelled due to not being able to ship to Canada anymore. It was good while it lasted

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3553
Location: Calif

my 30Qs were shipped exactly the same. I was pleasantly surprised, not used to this kind of thing. Mine came at about 3.5V It takes a very long time to get them fully charged, I think it was at least 4 hours or so.

FPV
FPV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/14/2017 - 12:36
Posts: 575
Location: Traveling on the job

that sounds similar to how I received my Gearbest cells! When they still had free shipping.

Beachlogger
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 23:08
Posts: 991
Location: S.E. Alaska

I tried to order the 30q 4 in the box deal and they said they had to cancel my order

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2045
Location: Canada
Itsme wrote:
BG has done me well for batteries but today I got an email stating that my recent order of 16 30Q’s was cancelled due to not being able to ship to Canada anymore. It was good while it lasted

Do you know when they stopped?

I placed several orders for lithium-ion cells from BG over the summer. All have arrived, except for one order of 4 30Q’s that were not in a case. Hopefully they weren’t seized.

Canada Post information states that lithium-ion cells can be shipped, but only via ground.

ABCs of Mailing

However, all my orders have arrived by air (at least, according to the speed shown via tracking).

Jack Kellar
Jack Kellar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/09/2014 - 14:21
Posts: 1777
Location: Throwing bolts at anomalies

Yes, their battery shipping was quite good back when I could still use it. Nowadays, same as with Canada, they don’t ship to Brazil anymore. Stupid legislation…

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Itsme wrote:
BG has done me well for batteries but today I got an email stating that my recent order of 16 30Q’s was cancelled due to not being able to ship to Canada anymore. It was good while it lasted

Do you know when they stopped?

I placed several orders for lithium-ion cells from BG over the summer. All have arrived, except for one order of 4 30Q’s that were not in a case. Hopefully they weren’t seized.

Canada Post information states that lithium-ion cells can be shipped, but only via ground.

ABCs of Mailing

However, all my orders have arrived by air (at least, according to the speed shown via tracking).

The BG order that was just cancelled by them was placed on Sept. 21. I have two orders still outstanding from a few weeks ago. I have received some 30Q’s about a week ago so this new shipping policy must be very new

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1118
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY

I hope so
I made 2 orders of 2 sets of 30Q boxed, Aug 13 and Sep 08
Were sent via MY
They have not canceled but the tracking systems do not show progress since their arrival to MY, Aug 21 (Your item has been forwarded to carrier/agent) and Sep 14 (Item posted over the counter), respectively

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada

I know that DHL will ship (at a premium of course) the type of batteries from above, so maybe Banggood will start using a courier to ship Li Ion cells to countries that currently prohibit it. Otherwise Canadians will be stuck paying 15.00 each to buy 30Q’s from vape shops. Or even better (IMO) Banggood will work out some sort of method to ship Li Ion cells in some sort of fire resistant case or material like the lithium phosphate battery bags that can be bought for the safe storage of these cells

southland
southland's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 11/04/2012 - 07:15
Posts: 3187
Location: Georgia, USA

Received an 8 pack of 30Q last week and a 12 pack of 30Q today, both arrived in about a week. Bought from Banggood and shipped from California.

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada

When I look at the US Banggood site from Canada, I can’t see any 30Q’s, and the only 30Q’s that I see on the CN warehouse won’t ship to Canada anymore. Hopefully Banggood will start sending a lot of 30Q’s via boat to the US warehouse and ship the batteries via ground transport to Canada

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1483
Location: Manila, Philippines

Unfortunately, mine was cancelled [refund in progress] (ordered the pack of 4pcs INR18650-30Q in battery case around middle of August…, shipping to the Philippines).

Luckily, I had also had a separate order of the BLF A6 w/ INR18650-30Q (along with a few other stuff, so that the amount qualified for free expedited shipping), which fortunately arrived safely (the DHL package got delayed in our local customs for 5 days “uncontrollable clearance delay”, not due to the battery though, but due to some items whose description our local customs office didn’t understand…). So right now, at least I have exactly 1 genuine branded 18650 battery (I don’t have any other genuine branded 18650 battery at the moment…)

Maybe if I had ordered the BLF A6 w/ INR18650-30Q together with the 4pcs INR18650-30Q in battery case, those 4pcs would have been shipped successfully here..

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2045
Location: Canada
Itsme wrote:
When I look at the US Banggood site from Canada, I can’t see any 30Q’s, and the only 30Q’s that I see on the CN warehouse won’t ship to Canada anymore. Hopefully Banggood will start sending a lot of 30Q’s via boat to the US warehouse and ship the batteries via ground transport to Canada

I’m still seeing 30Q’s on BG’s China site, and they still say free shipping to Canada.

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery

Are they still just cancelling the order after you place it?

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Itsme wrote:
When I look at the US Banggood site from Canada, I can’t see any 30Q’s, and the only 30Q’s that I see on the CN warehouse won’t ship to Canada anymore. Hopefully Banggood will start sending a lot of 30Q’s via boat to the US warehouse and ship the batteries via ground transport to Canada

I’m still seeing 30Q’s on BG’s China site, and they still say free shipping to Canada.

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery

Are they still just cancelling the order after you place it?

I saw that notice as well. I thought that my issues may have been that I ordered 4 sets of 4 at once and was cancelled so I made different orders of 2 last night and all were cancelled by BG within a few hours. I think that BG will either have to ship them to Canada by boat (which could take a long time) or ship then ground from California for the BG store there. The only 18650’s that I could see (from Canada anyways) were black ones that claimed 6000mah which I am 99.9% sure are fake so I will stay from them

“Dear customer,

Thank you for your order in our website.

We are very sorry to tell you that due to the restrictions for special characteristic
item, we have no post way to deliver your order right now. So we had to cancel the order and process the refund for you,Is it accepted?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you.”

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2045
Location: Canada
Itsme wrote:
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Itsme wrote:
When I look at the US Banggood site from Canada, I can’t see any 30Q’s, and the only 30Q’s that I see on the CN warehouse won’t ship to Canada anymore. Hopefully Banggood will start sending a lot of 30Q’s via boat to the US warehouse and ship the batteries via ground transport to Canada

I’m still seeing 30Q’s on BG’s China site, and they still say free shipping to Canada.

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery

Are they still just cancelling the order after you place it?

I saw that notice as well. I thought that my issues may have been that I ordered 4 sets of 4 at once and was cancelled so I made different orders of 2 last night and all were cancelled by BG within a few hours. I think that BG will either have to ship them to Canada by boat (which could take a long time) or ship then ground from California for the BG store there. The only 18650’s that I could see (from Canada anyways) were black ones that claimed 6000mah which I am 99.9% sure are fake so I will stay from them

“Dear customer,

Thank you for your order in our website.

We are very sorry to tell you that due to the restrictions for special characteristic
item, we have no post way to deliver your order right now. So we had to cancel the order and process the refund for you,Is it accepted?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you.”

You may want to try to just order 1 pack. There are some restrictions on shipping more than 4 cells at a time. It probably won’t help, but may be worth a shot.

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 517
Location: Canada
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Itsme wrote:
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Itsme wrote:
When I look at the US Banggood site from Canada, I can’t see any 30Q’s, and the only 30Q’s that I see on the CN warehouse won’t ship to Canada anymore. Hopefully Banggood will start sending a lot of 30Q’s via boat to the US warehouse and ship the batteries via ground transport to Canada

I’m still seeing 30Q’s on BG’s China site, and they still say free shipping to Canada.

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery

Are they still just cancelling the order after you place it?

I saw that notice as well. I thought that my issues may have been that I ordered 4 sets of 4 at once and was cancelled so I made different orders of 2 last night and all were cancelled by BG within a few hours. I think that BG will either have to ship them to Canada by boat (which could take a long time) or ship then ground from California for the BG store there. The only 18650’s that I could see (from Canada anyways) were black ones that claimed 6000mah which I am 99.9% sure are fake so I will stay from them

“Dear customer,

Thank you for your order in our website.

We are very sorry to tell you that due to the restrictions for special characteristic
item, we have no post way to deliver your order right now. So we had to cancel the order and process the refund for you,Is it accepted?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you.”

You may want to try to just order 1 pack. There are some restrictions on shipping more than 4 cells at a time. It probably won’t help, but may be worth a shot.

Off to give it a try, thanks for the tip