Review : Astrolux MF-01 flashlight (18*Nichia 219C , 4*18650)

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
JIGHEADWORM
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 18:04
Posts: 250
Location: Tennessee

I tested my v2 on high several times and got around 2950 lumens . Hand held it doesn’t step down but tailstanding it lasts 26 mins then steps down to 1700.

FreeMagenta
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/12/2014 - 12:50
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
hIKARInoob wrote:
Output data is quite wonkey bonkey. This approximate output of 5100~6800 is only applicable to the first version which is not for sale anymore. The current version should have an output (level 4) of around 3000 lumens. The first version also did not have a low (level 1 of) of 70~100 lumens. Instead it was more like 1~5 lumens according to the majority of the people. It’s an amazing light, but quite unfortunate that spec data is a sloppy mess.

My v1 had ~70 lm output (roughly the same as v2)… v2 on High has ~3000 lumens, which is really nice, because in most cases it won’t stepdown when used outside. And it is still ~1,5hr of pretty stable light on 30Qs…

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4185
FreeMagenta wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Output data is quite wonkey bonkey. This approximate output of 5100~6800 is only applicable to the first version which is not for sale anymore. The current version should have an output (level 4) of around 3000 lumens. The first version also did not have a low (level 1 of) of 70~100 lumens. Instead it was more like 1~5 lumens according to the majority of the people. It’s an amazing light, but quite unfortunate that spec data is a sloppy mess.

My v1 had ~70 lm output (roughly the same as v2)… v2 on High has ~3000 lumens, which is really nice, because in most cases it won’t stepdown when used outside. And it is still ~1,5hr of pretty stable light on 30Qs…

Weird stuff with output indeed. Yeah the 3000 lumens is awesome. Combined with the new boost driver that is able to hold turbo longer with depleting cells made me get the V2 as well. Bummer is that turbo output on V2 219c is about 1000 lumens less than V1 219c,

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 510
Location: EU (Hu)

I subscribe for more news/observations. (Reading this topic, it seems, that I have a version 1… now starting to consider buying a version 2)

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1656
Location: Nice, France

It’s fun to read back this thread two years later as the “new and enhanced” MF01S has been around four a couple month and the MF 01 Mini is just being delivered. Nobody new what Anduril and aux leds where back then. Big Smile

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1072
Location: Athens Greece.

I have both the MF-01 and the MF-01S.The former is modded by the BLF member in Greece giorgoskok becoming better.
The problem is that the switch of this light is in bad condition,having a spongy sense becoming difficult to use it.
Is there something to fix the problem please?
Edit.
The switch of the new version is way better.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4185
Theodore41 wrote:
I have both the MF-01 and the MF-01S.The former is modded by the BLF member in Greece giorgoskok becoming better. The problem is that the switch of this light is in bad condition,having a spongy sense becoming difficult to use it. Is there something to fix the problem please? Edit. The switch of the new version is way better.

Maybe the new switch fits the original MF01? In that case I would contact Mateminco (manufacturer of the MF01) and purchase the new switch from them.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1072
Location: Athens Greece.
hIKARInoob wrote:
Theodore41 wrote:
I have both the MF-01 and the MF-01S.The former is modded by the BLF member in Greece giorgoskok becoming better. The problem is that the switch of this light is in bad condition,having a spongy sense becoming difficult to use it. Is there something to fix the problem please? Edit. The switch of the new version is way better.

Maybe the new switch fits the original MF01? In that case I would contact Mateminco (manufacturer of the MF01) and purchase the new switch from them.

Thank you hIKARInoob.
I tried to contact Mateminco,but there is not a email address for this.Only a Q&A platform,where I lost in …translation…
Thank you for your help.

Pages