Maeerxu M8 26650 Flashlight Discussion Thread /// Green is Instock Now

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thewrights11
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/31/2017 - 14:24
Posts: 13
Location: US

Yeah I misunderstood what he was saying. Completely thought he was saying Chinese stuff was junk. I agree with both of his and your replies.

Sorry for the confusion.

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

Thewrights11 wrote:
Yeah I misunderstood what he was saying. Completely thought he was saying Chinese stuff was junk. I agree with both of his and your replies.

Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, no harm done. I’m guilty myself of sometimes reading a post too quickly and misunderstanding! Thanks for the reply and BTW welcome to BLF!

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

Dirty_Pierre
Dirty_Pierre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 13:53
Posts: 128
Location: Ohio, USA

beam0 wrote:
Thanks Robert.

It’s splitting hairs but apparently your tube is .29mm wider than Dirty Pierre’s. If I get one like yours it should fit the Lii-50A just barely. Or even close to that ID will be easier to ream it out.

The Lii-50A’s measure 26.6mm most of the length, but there is a wider band about 3mm in height at the very top that’s 26.77

I-joy’s look pretty good but out of stock currently, but those and the Aspire are kind of expensive compared to what I paid for the Lii-50A’s

I just double checked my I.D. Measurement with another caliper and it’s showing same 26.5mm
So perhaps there’s a slight manufacturing difference/allowable tolerances. I don’t want anyone to be heartbroken if their cells don’t fit. As far as the cells I had on hand to try fitment, they are this Basen Cell from Liionwholesale: Basen IMR 26650 4500mAh 60A Flat Top Battery
And also some MNKE 26650 IMR 3500mAh Flat Top Battery from Mountain Electronics last year I think, no longer in stock.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 3946
Location: Germany

I had this light here

Ramp was way too short like half a second from min to max., likely wrong programming fuse
LED board screws hit the shelf rim before the LED board, one screw glued and head broke off
Reflector does not touch the LED board
Black centering ring pretty high
Driver cavity too shallow for boost driver
Switch board loose as it is not held by the press fit switch cover

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1113
Location: Australia

Lexel wrote:
I had this light here

Ramp was way too short like half a second from min to max.

The first version takes about 6 second ramping and people complaining so they change the ramping but I guess they got it wrong.

3 seconds ramping is perfect from low to high

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

Dirty_Pierre wrote:
beam0 wrote:
Thanks Robert.

It’s splitting hairs but apparently your tube is .29mm wider than Dirty Pierre’s. If I get one like yours it should fit the Lii-50A just barely. Or even close to that ID will be easier to ream it out.

The Lii-50A’s measure 26.6mm most of the length, but there is a wider band about 3mm in height at the very top that’s 26.77

I-joy’s look pretty good but out of stock currently, but those and the Aspire are kind of expensive compared to what I paid for the Lii-50A’s

I just double checked my I.D. Measurement with another caliper and it’s showing same 26.5mm
So perhaps there’s a slight manufacturing difference/allowable tolerances. I don’t want anyone to be heartbroken if their cells don’t fit. As far as the cells I had on hand to try fitment, they are this Basen Cell from Liionwholesale: Basen IMR 26650 4500mAh 60A Flat Top Battery
And also some MNKE 26650 IMR 3500mAh Flat Top Battery from Mountain Electronics last year I think, no longer in stock.

Thanks, the Basen sounds perfect for this light width and length, 40A continuous and a good price too.

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

Lexel wrote:
I had this light here

Ramp was way too short like half a second from min to max., likely wrong programming fuse
LED board screws hit the shelf rim before the LED board, one screw glued and head broke off
Reflector does not touch the LED board
Black centering ring pretty high
Driver cavity too shallow for boost driver
Switch board loose as it is not held by the press fit switch cover

Wow half second! Most the other stuff I maybe can work around or fix, but that fast ramping isn’t going to work, especially since there’s no regular L-M-H group.

When did you get yours and from where?

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

When does this $29.99 code expire?

Banggood previously showed the arrival date for the green version on Mar 31, however it’s now pushed back to April 11. Flat Stare

Will the $29.99 code will work on the green one when it arrives after April 11?

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

Dirty_Pierre
Dirty_Pierre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 13:53
Posts: 128
Location: Ohio, USA

I hope I can score the green one with a deal too. I’m on the “notify me” thing.
They got a couple in a few weeks ago but they were gone too quick….

Cula
Cula's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2014 - 02:04
Posts: 356
Location: Croatia

Dirty Pierre, is it possible to disassemble the switch from the body or is it permanently glued? Is it a standard clicky switch?

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

Dirty_Pierre wrote:
I hope I can score the green one with a deal too. I’m on the “notify me” thing.
They got a couple in a few weeks ago but they were gone too quick….
A few weeks ago? Really? Dang. They notified you they were in??

I never saw any in, I’ve been checking every few days. Just kept showing “Arrival date: March 31” Now it’s April 11

I just signed up for the “Arrival Notice” notification, totally forgot about that.

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

Dirty_Pierre
Dirty_Pierre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 13:53
Posts: 128
Location: Ohio, USA

Quote:
Dirty Pierre, is it possible to disassemble the switch from the body or is it permanently glued? Is it a standard clicky switch?

Sorry I just noticed your post.
It’s a side switch and I don’t see any glue. It’s held in by a ring from outside of light.
I’m tearing it down right now to see if the ring is pressed in or threaded. I’ll update with a pic to your post shortly.
Dirty_Pierre
Dirty_Pierre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 13:53
Posts: 128
Location: Ohio, USA

Here’s a few more pics of the switch area from inside and out. I wouldn’t call it a clicky switch, it’s a tactile e-switch.
I don’t see any kind of glue on it and it might be held in by threaded ring. It really didn’t want to unscrew for me with quite a bit of force. It’s either pressed in or cross threaded, note how it’s sitting slightly raised on one side in the picture. I can sort of feel a thread maybe with my fingernail. The ring is sitting slightly higher on one side than the other and I’m not wanting to break anything just yet…
Hope the pics help. Cheers!

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

Did anyone try to insert the Soshine 26650 5500 mA into the flashlight?

And why insist on this flashlight and spend money adjusting it when you can buy the excellent Utorch UT02. He has a better switch in my opinion with steps. It has 60% better battery life than Convoy BD06 and 30% better than the Eagle Eye X7R.

Did someone check how long the Maeerxu M8 worked when it was at its maximum?

And why not ask the Chinese to make a small change. Change the thickness slightly. Not a big deal. Anyone who has an idea on CNC knows that it’s less than a minute to re-configure the machine.

Finally, it is not a good idea to rub the tube from the inside because you rub the anodize that protects the aluminum and will have corrosion on the bare aluminum.

yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 139
Location: Bulgaria

Hi, my observations on the 4 lights mentioned above are, that they are totally different- BD06 is the least throw and has click switch, X7R is very compact and feels smaller from the group, UT02 and M8 are kind of same size and profile, but 3v vs. 12v. In stock form UT02 is very throwy profile, on the lower levels I feel M8 with xpl more usable, though for general use I would take X7R may be. UT02 feels very underpowered and I am still looking for an option to boost up the power without loosing the charging.

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

I used the BD06 and the X7R as the bicycle helmet’s torch. The BD06 is more focused more bright and illuminating further. 6500K. Now I’m using the BD06 on the helmet.

What does 3V and 12V mean. Do you have an M8? Have you checked how long it works? UT02 gives the most light and it gives a lot more battery time than the other two.

I use them on the handlebars of the bike. I ride at night and love to have a lot of light.

yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 139
Location: Bulgaria

nitsanborn3 wrote:
I used the BD06 and the X7R as the bicycle helmet’s torch. The BD06 is more focused more bright and illuminating further. 6500K. Now I’m using the BD06 on the helmet.

What does 3V and 12V mean. Do you have an M8? Have you checked how long it works? UT02 gives the most light and it gives a lot more battery time than the other two.

I use them on the handlebars of the bike. I ride at night and love to have a lot of light.


Hi, yes I have all the lights mentioned. I did not check M8 runtime, as it does not accept Liitokala, I have Efest 26650 purple 4200 fitted in. UT02 uses XHP35 12v, M8 uses XPL 3v.
nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

Thanks

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

yasenf wrote:
nitsanborn3 wrote:
I used the BD06 and the X7R as the bicycle helmet’s torch. The BD06 is more focused more bright and illuminating further. 6500K. Now I’m using the BD06 on the helmet.

What does 3V and 12V mean. Do you have an M8? Have you checked how long it works? UT02 gives the most light and it gives a lot more battery time than the other two.

I use them on the handlebars of the bike. I ride at night and love to have a lot of light.


Hi, yes I have all the lights mentioned. I did not check M8 runtime, as it does not accept Liitokala, I have Efest 26650 purple 4200 fitted in. UT02 uses XHP35 12v, M8 uses XPL 3v.

Can I ask you a favor? If you can turn on the flashlight for one hour with full battery and then recharge the battery and measure how much mA it is charged?

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

nitsanborn3 wrote:

why insist on this flashlight…

…you can buy the excellent Utorch UT02. He has a better switch in my opinion

There have been some problems reported with malfunctioning switches on the UT02.

(see posts #76 and #33) http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1299368#comment-1299368

Also:

  • M8 is slightly smaller than UT02
  • M8 cost $15-$20 less than UT02
  • M8 has ramping, UT02 does not, some people like ramping better.

.

Personally, I’m considering the Manker U22, a more compact version of the UT02.

.

nitsanborn3 wrote:
why insist on this flashlight and spend money adjusting it
I don’t think many are seriously considering modding the tube unless they already have the know-how and the tools to do it.
Modders often bore out tubes for different battery fitments and it’s not a big deal. It costs no money if you already have the tools.

.

nitsanborn3 wrote:

it is not a good idea to rub the tube from the inside because you rub the anodize that protects the aluminum and will have corrosion on the bare aluminum.


To prevent corrosion you can paint or clear coat the inside of the tube after machining, or just apply a light coating of silicone grease inside.

.
Or just get a cell that fits, such as the Efest purple 4200mAh or Basen 4500mAh:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_10...
Basen IMR 26650 4500mAh 60A Flat Top Battery

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

ssschen
ssschen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 22:11
Posts: 335
Location: Australia

I am keen on the green one too. When will the discount code expire?

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

Thanks

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

beam0 wrote:
nitsanborn3 wrote:

why insist on this flashlight…

…you can buy the excellent Utorch UT02. He has a better switch in my opinion

There have been some problems reported with malfunctioning switches on the UT02.

(see posts #76 and #33) http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1299368#comment-1299368

Also:

  • M8 is slightly smaller than UT02
  • M8 cost $15-$20 less than UT02
  • M8 has ramping, UT02 does not, some people like ramping better.

.

Personally, I’m considering the Manker U22, a more compact version of the UT02.

.

nitsanborn3 wrote:
why insist on this flashlight and spend money adjusting it
I don’t think many are seriously considering modding the tube unless they already have the know-how and the tools to do it.
Modders often bore out tubes for different battery fitments and it’s not a big deal. It costs no money if you already have the tools.

.

nitsanborn3 wrote:

it is not a good idea to rub the tube from the inside because you rub the anodize that protects the aluminum and will have corrosion on the bare aluminum.


To prevent corrosion you can paint or clear coat the inside of the tube after machining, or just apply a light coating of silicone grease inside.

.
Or just get a cell that fits, such as the Efest purple 4200mAh or Basen 4500mAh:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_10...
“Basen IMR 26650 4500mAh 60A Flat Top Battery”:https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/basen-4500mah-...

Thanks

yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 139
Location: Bulgaria

nitsanborn3 wrote:

Can I ask you a favor? If you can turn on the flashlight for one hour with full battery and then recharge the battery and measure how much mA it is charged?

Hi, I did this, but the results are strange – 2526 mA. My thinking – either it has some kind of stepdown, or the specs are inflated….I will have more time in the weekend to check with the luxmeter. To avoid the question – I double clicked to get to Turbo and fan cooled the light, though it did not get really warm even without external cooling @ 19 degrees C temp.

nitsanborn3
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/13/2017 - 04:08
Posts: 30
Location: Holy Land

yasenf][quote=nitsanborn3 wrote:

Hi, I did this, but the results are strange – 2526 mA. My thinking – either it has some kind of stepdown, or the specs are inflated….I will have more time in the weekend to check with the luxmeter. To avoid the question – I double clicked to get to Turbo and fan cooled the light, though it did not get really warm even without external cooling @ 19 degrees C temp.

Thanks, The UT02 took in 70 minutes 1950mA. The X7R 2450mA and BD06 3000mA. All three with Soshine 26650 5500mA. This is the time it takes me to do half a route, 20 kilometers.
What really interests me is if the flashlight does not steps down because of heat or a timer. True, it is not expensive to try, but I already have more than ten flashlights that I bought for experience and they did not fit because I did not know what I needed. I try to sell and can not succeed so it’s a shame to add more inappropriate flashlights.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 641
Location: Manila, Philippines
Quote:
“when the Voltage lower than 2.5v will turn off the flashlight automatic”

Does the Maeerxu M8 really have low-voltage shutdown? I got one using freeme’s code, haven’t had time to test its LVP feature until now.

Using a new unprotected iJoy 26650 4200mAh, I turned on the flashlight in Turbo, turned off a few times when it felt quite hot, until the battery is now practically completely drained.

When I turn on the flashlight and double-click to place it in Turbo mode (double-click), it now lights up to just maybe 3-4 lumens; the red light indicator is already blinking for an hour or more, but the flashlight still won’t turn off.

Removing the 26650 battery quickly, I test it to be 2.58v with my DMM. When I place the said battery on the Maeerxu M8 and double-click to Turbo, testing the tailcap current shows it’s now just consuming 0.04A — so it may still take awhile to whittle that 2.58v down to 2.50v auto-shutoff voltage…

Or does the Maeerxu M8 not really shut-off?? Anyone else tested whether it does really auto shut-off at some specified low-voltage?
(I hope I haven’t been damaging the iJoy unprotected 26650 by doing this testing..)

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6003
Location: freedailydeals.org

 Green  version  is on sale now.

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1113
Location: Australia

Have they change the ramping UI?

or it’s the same turtle ramping?

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6003
Location: freedailydeals.org

This the their best seller to date. Don't think they would want to make any changes.

 

Nicolicous wrote:
Have they change the ramping UI? or it's the same turtle ramping?
RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2535
Location: USA, Michigan

The M8 works great for me. It’s become a fixture on my boat to find the dock coming in at night. Can spot the dock from 1/4 mile away, and the usb charging works perfect, and don’t have to mess with a external charger. I personally don’t care if the ramping is a bit slow, it still works well, and I’m never fidgety about being in a hurry. Double click puts on high anyway.

Just bought another one with your link and code. Thx Freeme

Pages