Rating: intl-outdoor.com

228 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6784
Location: The Light
Rating: intl-outdoor.com

http://intl-outdoor.com

Pros:

  • Nice selection of some unique lights with an eye to quality
  • Fair prices
  • Fast shipping
  • Very good communication with customers
  • Attentive to customer requests
  • intl-outdoor rep Hank Wang is a BLF member

 

Cons:

  • Some product descriptions lack detail

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Edited by: sb56637 on 10/17/2015 - 15:28
sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6784
Location: The Light

Please help with more pros and cons. Thanks!

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

weiser
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

Pro:

Owner/representative actively communicates 

Product offerings are generally selective, which gives the perception of quality

Unique product offerings 

 

Con:

Absolutely will not budge on price even if a product is significantly over priced compared to competitors (maybe eventually, but not as of yet)

edc
edc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/16/2011 - 02:28
Posts: 3300
Location: NSW AUSTRALIA

PRO'S

Fast shipping

Best price on 3100 mah Panasonics ncr 18650

Con's

None so far

 

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums

Vectrex
Vectrex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/01/2010 - 15:39
Posts: 2776
Location: Gemany (according to my Black Cat)

Pro:

Ultra-fast response times, takes individual customer demands in consideratioon... like additional pre-sale info. (pictures, informations)

Hank is also a member on this board.

Webpage is updated in minutes if something is missing.

Unique flashlights which normally can only be found on sites like taobao, etc. with much hassle.

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

I have only made an order of batteries and they shipped it quite fast, so I am happy till the moment.

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

They listen to their customers, at first they only have unprotected panasonic 3100 and I asked for protected ones and after a while its already listed in their website.

And even if their items are more expensive it sure is also of better quality and I could not ask better than that.

They also give you options on Tints and modes.

Smile

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3778
Location: RO

weiser701 wrote:

 Con:

Absolutely will not budge on price even if a product is significantly over priced compared to competitors (maybe eventually, but not as of yet)

Ablsolutely not true.
I've talked to a guy from Russia and he got a discount for buying 6 flashlights.
I'm sure others know what I am talking about.
I've noticed prices drop on several products.
Many of Inlt-Outdoor's prices are already the cheapest on the market.

You haven't even bought from that Store but really want to slam it.

 

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

I think he is comparing apples with oranges, most items on that shop are not XXXFires (sounds super sexy), it is one step over on brands, but many of them have quite a good price comparing same products with other shops.

coolperl
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 14:28
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

What am I missing, are the precise product descriptions. A lot of products have just photos and info about weight/manufacturer.

Other than that, I'll confirm all the 'pros' other mentioned. Hank responds very quickly to every PM and he sends his stuff fast. I am happy with my purchase from him and happy to see some unique products that are unavailable elsewhere.

As another nice feature, I find this website clean and easy to navigate without nonsence and clutter design.

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7337
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

I know a slam when  see one ... that wasn't a slam

weiser contacted Hank and asked about an item he sold and asked for a price that another vendor was selling it for or better and was turned down .

i don't see this as either a pos. or a neg... his stuff his prices .unless it was a quantity sale I'd agree with his position and i agree that someone elses price shouldn't affect yours . Since this is now a global market I don't think my price should be the same as someones  in a different country . I might need or want 10$ per light where someone else will sell it for .50cents over cost .in their country 50cents might be worth more than my ten bucks .

 I agree with some of the above comments .. a nice site with interesting lights .

a very good first impression .

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Aeonis
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 10/30/2011 - 13:41
Posts: 39
Location: The Netherlands

Asked Hank some questions (email) about the Shadow TC6 and XinTD L2, got several replies within minutes so that's a pro for me!

weiser
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

Hikelite wrote:

weiser701 wrote:

 Con:

Absolutely will not budge on price even if a product is significantly over priced compared to competitors (maybe eventually, but not as of yet)

Ablsolutely not true.
I've talked to a guy from Russia and he got a discount for buying 6 flashlights.
I'm sure others know what I am talking about.
I've noticed prices drop on several products.
Many of Inlt-Outdoor's prices are already the cheapest on the market.

You haven't even bought from that Store but really want to slam it.

 

 

Not a slam at all. I would hardly even label it constructive criticism. I've contacted Hank on two separate occasions about two separate lights and both times he insisted the price on the website is the best possible price. I'm not talking about volume discounts. One price was for a light listed at $100 when it's being sold for $65 from a main competitor and in that situation I wasn't even asking for him to lower it; I was suggesting he might want to consider lowering it. The other situation was price matching a product because the deal fell through. I was curious if he wanted to take advantage of a bad deal by at least price matching. I don't fault him for it. Like Boaz stated: His store, his prices. Over all I'm quite satisfied with his product offerings and prices. I frequently check his website for updated offerings. I wrote 3 pro's and you criticized my 1 con? 

stevetexas
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 11:29
Posts: 594
Location: Republic of Texas

I have ordered 2 times.

1st Order, Nitecore EZ AA came in 9 days.

The filthy, stinking rat Postman just failed to deliver my second order, he said that he did not expect me to be at home this time of day so he just brought a Registered Mail paper for me to sign.

Be delivered whenever he gets the urge *smiles*

edc
edc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 01/16/2011 - 02:28
Posts: 3300
Location: NSW AUSTRALIA

stevetexas wrote:

I have ordered 2 times.

1st Order, Nitecore EZ AA came in 9 days.

The filthy, stinking rat Postman just failed to deliver my second order, he said that he did not expect me to be at home this time of day so he just brought a Registered Mail paper for me to sign.

Be delivered whenever he gets the urge *smiles*

 

Mine does that too. Pulls up with a card in her hand. I run down my driveway and get the parcel if I see her!

 

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

edc wrote:

stevetexas wrote:

I have ordered 2 times.

1st Order, Nitecore EZ AA came in 9 days.

The filthy, stinking rat Postman just failed to deliver my second order, he said that he did not expect me to be at home this time of day so he just brought a Registered Mail paper for me to sign.

Be delivered whenever he gets the urge *smiles*

 

Mine does that too. Pulls up with a card in her hand. I run down my driveway and get the parcel if I see her!

 

That is why I always give my job's  address, the warehouse is open 10h everyday so there is no problem with it, the only problem are my colleagues who might think I´ve got a problem receiving packages every 2-3 weeks at least haha.

stevetexas
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 11:29
Posts: 594
Location: Republic of Texas

yavi wrote:

edc wrote:

stevetexas wrote:

I have ordered 2 times.

1st Order, Nitecore EZ AA came in 9 days.

The filthy, stinking rat Postman just failed to deliver my second order, he said that he did not expect me to be at home this time of day so he just brought a Registered Mail paper for me to sign.

Be delivered whenever he gets the urge *smiles*

 

Mine does that too. Pulls up with a card in her hand. I run down my driveway and get the parcel if I see her!

 

That is why I always give my job's  address, the warehouse is open 10h everyday so there is no problem with it, the only problem are my colleagues who might think I´ve got a problem receiving packages every 2-3 weeks at least haha.

sta bien

aspetta

aspetta

aspetta..... 

E1320
E1320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2011 - 05:26
Posts: 3369
Location: New Hampshire

Ordered some Nanjg 105c drivers on November 7th received them today on the 23rd. Very fast delivery time 16 days, slightly more expensive than KD. I won't be wasting my time ordering these from KD anymore.

I am already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

Kokopelli
Kokopelli's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 12/17/2010 - 08:05
Posts: 1162
Location: Turkey

Just ordered a Shadow TC6 Neutral today. They seem to be professional up to now. I hope they really are and the light comes without problems. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

stevetexas
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 11:29
Posts: 594
Location: Republic of Texas

I have ordered 3 items and 2 have arrived.  All has been good except.....

The XinTD C8 light measures 2.4A at the tailcap.  The Ad claims 2.8A

By comparison, my KD C8 measures 3.3A and my TF X9 measures 2.8A using the same XTAR 2600 battery.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6784
Location: The Light

Updated the first post. Look OK?

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6324
Location: Holland

Finally made my first order. After many emails with Hank about different products etc.

He was the most responsive seller I ever contacted with. Fast, and honest.
Did have enough patience to answer all my questions, and didnt give some nasty links that some other sellers do to find out your answer by yourself (which in most cases are not on the website they link to anyhow)

thumbs up!!!!

VFMaddict
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/03/2011 - 08:47
Posts: 1454
Location: London

sb56637 wrote:

Updated the first post. Look OK?

I haven't purchased from them yet but I have been taking careful note of feedback from BLF'ers because I can see myself purchasing from them in the future.   The OP reflects exactly what my impressions are.  Smile

"You are making progress if each mistake you make is a new one."

Remember - Most great discoveries start with maki

E1320
E1320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2011 - 05:26
Posts: 3369
Location: New Hampshire

sb56637 wrote:

Updated the first post. Look OK?

Update looks good. I have a second order in route I will update when it arrives.

I am already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6324
Location: Holland
They Updated their site, now possible to search lights based on battery type!!!
sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6784
Location: The Light

ChibiM wrote:
They Updated their site, now possible to search lights based on battery type!!!

Good grief that was fast! Well done, intl-outdoors.

First post updated.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6324
Location: Holland

sb56637 wrote:

ChibiM wrote:
They Updated their site, now possible to search lights based on battery type!!!

Good grief that was fast! Well done, intl-outdoors.

First post updated.

That has to do with their "point 5 of BLF pros".
Very responsive to emails!!

russthetoolman
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 day ago
Joined: 11/15/2011 - 09:04
Posts: 58
Location: Washington

I ordered 3 panasonic 3100's, my first order with Hank. 

Waiting to receive them.

robertlover
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2011 - 21:21
Posts: 17

Never heard about this site,where it from? China?

Cons: The price is not on budget, lack of variety...

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6324
Location: Holland

robertlover wrote:

Never heard about this site,where it from? China?

Cons: The price is not on budget, lack of variety...

Prices might not be on a budget compared to DX or KD, but the lights are of better quality, and still not the price that you pay in other counties. So in that sense they are budget.
Plus this company stands behind their products, every single one. They are still pretty new, and are adding new stuff weekly! So the variety will only increase. But I hope it doesnt get too big, with damaging their QC and CS.
Just keep watch on their website, they are improving weekly/daily!

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3778
Location: RO

robertlover wrote:

Never heard about this site,where it from? China?

Cons: The price is not on budget, lack of variety...

Then "con" every shop possible, since you rate only by mood.

 

Your introduction thread : "Hi all ,this is robertlover ,new to the forum ,enjoy the time here"

BTW: Are you from China? Your English is certainly broken like you'd be from China.

 

 

 

Pages