BLF GT official support thread [FAQ updated 11 Jan 2018]

334 posts / 0 new
Last post
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
All Centering rings in the production lights has this big hole. Only the prototypes had a good fitting centering ring.

That’s not true.
teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9319
Location: NE & SW Alabama

JasonWW wrote:
Wieselflinkpro wrote:
All Centering rings in the production lights has this big hole. Only the prototypes had a good fitting centering ring.
That’s not true.
They were changed to the larger hole sometime after production started. It was discussed many pages back in the main GT thread.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

Here’s a tip for removing the bezel. Loosen the upper head from the light engine section first, this takes pressure off the o-ring on the glass and makes the bezel much easier to turn due to less friction.

Why didn’t I think of that sooner. Duh. Wink

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 684
Location: uk

Jason is there some shots of the Gt in bits, as in the whole thing? I have seen the ones with the carriers all in bits, but the head is in 1 part. If there are some, may be useful to pin them to the 1st post for those of us yet to battle opening it. I’m sure I saw some in the depths of a thread….
I’m waiting for the new led’s before I’m even trying. I suppose they will be some months off yet? (I read Lumintop may do something ?)

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

G0OSE wrote:
Jason is there some shots of the Gt in bits, as in the whole thing? I have seen the ones with the carriers all in bits, but the head is in 1 part. If there are some, may be useful to pin them to the 1st post for those of us yet to battle opening it. I’m sure I saw some in the depths of a thread….

I checked and I don’t really have any good shots of the head taken apart. I’ll work on finding some and add them to the main GT thread post #3 with the other pictures.
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

G0OSE wrote:
Jason is there some shots of the Gt in bits, as in the whole thing?

Does this help?

I added it to the GT thread.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

I took my GT apart real quick and took a few pictures. Here you go.


.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9319
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\/\/\ Nice pictures Jason!! Thank you……. Thumbs Up

After seeing these it finally hit me what KB was saying about the LED centering spacer “floating” on/around the two MCPCB retaining screw heads. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1401
Location: Germany

Can someone add Maukkas pic with the test results

under FAQ – Emitter

, please?

Original posted here http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1283453#comment-1283453

https://imgur.com/a/E0FRW

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

joechina wrote:
Can someone add Maukkas pic with the test results

under FAQ – Emitter

, please?

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1283453#comment-1283453


Crosses arms and nods head like Genie.

Done.

Post #4, main GT thread.

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 684
Location: uk
JasonWW wrote:
I took my GT apart real quick and took a few pictures. Here you go.

Thank you so much Jason, you are a top guy! That will help dummies like me so much! LOL
Have a gold star for your work! or some sushi? Sushi

Flying Luminosity
Flying Luminosity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 13:33
Posts: 435
Location: UK

Wow… is that actually an o-ring, or a lifebuoy? Shocked

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas

Flying Luminosity wrote:
Wow… is that actually an o-ring, or a lifebuoy? Shocked

Hmmm, I’m not sure what you mean. You can’t really see the o-ring in my earlier pictures. Here it is.


.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9319
Location: NE & SW Alabama

JasonWW wrote:
Flying Luminosity wrote:
Wow… is that actually an o-ring, or a lifebuoy? Shocked
Hmmm, I’m not sure what you mean. You can’t really see the o-ring in my earlier pictures. Here it is.


.

He must have thought the bezel was the o-ring by his “life bouy” description.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Flying Luminosity
Flying Luminosity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 13:33
Posts: 435
Location: UK

Nah I’ve got poor vision – that’s what happens when I view BLF on my phone instead of my PC (while still feeling inebriated from the night before)! Big Smile

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6066
Location: Holland/Japan

For anyone who wants to use Flat top cells, you can do it by unsoldering the spacers in the battery carrier. I showed the pics here: https://1lumen.com/18650-reviews/blf-gt/#battery-carrier-blf-gt 

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

Guys please remember that if you follow ChibiM excellent pics and tutorial on removing the spacers on the gt battery carriers you will be removing the only protection the gt has for installing the batteries the wrong way. As long as you are careful, no problem, however it only has to happen once to really screw up this monster light. Cheers!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9319
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Joey Adams wrote:
Guys please remember that if you follow ChibiM excellent pics and tutorial on removing the spacers on the gt battery carriers you will be removing the only protection the gt has for installing the batteries the wrong way. As long as you are careful, no problem, however it only has to happen once to really screw up this monster light. Cheers!
+1… Well said.

Also remember you are on your own if you decide to do this.

If you screw up that one time & burn or blow up your light… don’t complain. You did it to yourself. Any warranty WILL NOT apply. Wink

BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO THIS!!!

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3620
Location: The Motor City

Joey Adams wrote:
Guys please remember that if you follow ChibiM excellent pics and tutorial on removing the spacers on the gt battery carriers you will be removing the only protection the gt has for installing the batteries the wrong way. As long as you are careful, no problem, however it only has to happen once to really screw up this monster light. Cheers!

Yes people please be careful!

And all of you members in the U.S. that have those older battery carrier lights, Acebeam Lumintop, Phoenix, Thrunite and such, I’m willing as a public service to take those off your hands, so PM me and we will set something up (might be willing to pay for shipping for the really dangerous/possibly lethal 6-8 cell non protected carrier lights) so I can dispose of them properly for you! Wink

So please, do it now, before it’s too late!

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2242
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

KawiBoy1428 wrote:

p. And all of you members in the U.S. that have those older battery carrier lights, Acebeam Lumintop, Phoenix, Thrunite and such, I’m willing as a public service to take those off your hands, so PM me and we will set something up (might be willing to pay for shipping for the really dangerous/possibly lethal 6-8 cell non protected carrier lights) so I can dispose of them properly for you! Wink

So please, do it now, before it’s too late!

I can help about this and take care of EU users Silly

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3620
Location: The Motor City

ZozzV6 wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:

p. And all of you members in the U.S. that have those older battery carrier lights, Acebeam Lumintop, Phoenix, Thrunite and such, I’m willing as a public service to take those off your hands, so PM me and we will set something up (might be willing to pay for shipping for the really dangerous/possibly lethal 6-8 cell non protected carrier lights) so I can dispose of them properly for you! Wink So please, do it now, before it’s too late!

I can help about this and take care of EU users Silly


I knew somebody would step up and help out our BLF European Brothers and Sisters! I commend your for your brave and selfless service to the BLF community Sir! Beer Thumbs Up

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8374
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I sold an HID light several years ago because the battery died, this was before I realized it could be rebuilt for less then the $80 they wanted for a new battery.

stanmore
stanmore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 20:58
Posts: 14
Location: UK

Texas_Ace, chrisc

Out of curiosity, did anything ever happen with The Gadget Show?
Would be very interesting to see how much they can misrepresent a light like this because “its too big”. Its been many years since I have watched an episode and not needed a heap of salt to go with what they say…

square74
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/06/2014 - 03:13
Posts: 122
Location: Germany
Quote:
I took my GT apart real quick and took a few pictures. Here you go.

how did you got it open?

With this ones:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003XMWQOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s0...

It doesn´t work with mine BLF GT.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10901
Location: Houston Texas
square74 wrote:
Quote:
I took my GT apart real quick and took a few pictures. Here you go.

how did you got it open?

With this ones:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003XMWQOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s0...

It doesn´t work with mine BLF GT.


Did you loosen the head first?

I showed how I did it in post #93.

Loosen the head first, then the bezel if you need to.

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6066
Location: Holland/Japan

teacher wrote:
Joey Adams wrote:
Guys please remember that if you follow ChibiM excellent pics and tutorial on removing the spacers on the gt battery carriers you will be removing the only protection the gt has for installing the batteries the wrong way. As long as you are careful, no problem, however it only has to happen once to really screw up this monster light. Cheers!
*+1... Well said. Also remember you are on your own if you decide to do this. If you screw up that _one time_ & burn or blow up your light... don't complain. You did it to yourself. Any warranty WILL NOT apply. Wink BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO THIS!!!

+1 +2 +3

Yep. Only do at your own risk.....

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8374
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

stanmore wrote:
Texas_Ace, chrisc

Out of curiosity, did anything ever happen with The Gadget Show?
Would be very interesting to see how much they can misrepresent a light like this because “its too big”. Its been many years since I have watched an episode and not needed a heap of salt to go with what they say…

I have no idea actually. ChrisC was the one talking to them and I never heard anything more after the last contact with them.

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1401
Location: Germany

Well, the gadget show has its own thread:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59047

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 27 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7317
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

 after someplaying i found time to notice my Turbo is only 7% more Lumens (ceilingbounce in 3 locations) than full ramp Sad

using my BenchPowerSupply (@16,8V) it draws 1,9A full ramped and 2,5A on Turbo

any idea?

btw:
using 4 30Q BT i get 1% lower numbers in front cage, and 3% lower numbers in rear cage 

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8374
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
M4D M4X wrote:

 after someplaying i found time to notice my Turbo is only 7% more Lumens (ceilingbounce in 3 locations) than full ramp Sad

using my BenchPowerSupply (@16,8V) it draws 1,9A full ramped and 2,5A on Turbo

any idea?

btw:
using 4 30Q BT i get 1% lower numbers in front cage, and 3% lower numbers in rear cage 

Yep, exactly what it should be. 2A at the top of the ramp and 2.5A in turbo.

Lumens are not linear. They drop exponentially as power increases, which is why the ramp stops at 2A, over that you do not gain much.

You can see this is the LED test here:

Pages