BLF GT official support thread [FAQ updated 11 Jan 2018]

293 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1858
Location: United states

I like the older box from the lumintop.. newer box look weak and cheap..

193_D4123-_E769-4_EA0-_BC65-_D7_E56_E8_AAB41

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8755
Location: Houston Texas

Does the new box have thinner walls, less stiff?

Does it still have the good padding inside?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Modded S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1858
Location: United states

JasonWW wrote:
Does the new box have thinner walls, less stiff?

Does it still have the good padding inside?

New lumintop box looks weak, and thin… inside have a same set up ( foams )…

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1858
Location: United states

Old blf gt came in two boxes.. new blf gt came in one box..

I wish lumintop will ship in two boxes or use one strong box.

E99_BE97_F-_B53_D-447_C-8_EF7-3_EEFE816_EBD0

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7852
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Newlumen wrote:
Old blf gt came in two boxes.. new blf gt came in one box..

I wish lumintop will ship in two boxes or use one strong box.

E99_BE97_F-_B53_D-447_C-8_EF7-3_EEFE816_EBD0

The GT was always shipped in 1 box, I have no idea why you got one shipped in 2 boxes.

The new box to my eye looks like the same box except that it was shipped around the world without protection and is beat up now.

The new box box simply more worn or is it made differently?

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 819

I think Newlumen meant the early batches were ‘double boxed.’

I was fortunate to get my GT in December 2017. It was a box inside another box.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7852
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

goshdogit wrote:
I think Newlumen meant the early batches were ‘double boxed.’

I was fortunate to get my GT in December 2017. It was a box inside another box.

Ah, yeah that is how they sent the first shipments but now they are just using the single box.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6570
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Texas_Ace wrote:
goshdogit wrote:
I think Newlumen meant the early batches were ‘double boxed.’

I was fortunate to get my GT in December 2017. It was a box inside another box.

Ah, yeah that is how they sent the first shipments but now they are just using the single box.
Yeah… all mine were double boxed too from the GB. But the padding inside is what’s important. If the box holds together long enough to keep the padding & contents together, and safely delivered…. that is what counts.

I don’t blame LT for eliminating the outer box….. it was basically an unnecessary expense.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1858
Location: United states

Yea. I am not concerned, as long as the light is not damaged..

I love my blf gt.. anyone like their blf gt??

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6570
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\ …. Oh yeah…. I like mine for sure. Thumbs Up . Beer

Looking forward go the GT70 too….. Wink … I think it is gonna be a ‘game changer’ also.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

junkman88
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/06/2018 - 00:26
Posts: 2
Location: United States CA

Could someone please provide the contact email for Neal, as I have a question about my order. Thanks!

I've seen the light!

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8755
Location: Houston Texas

junkman88 wrote:
Could someone please provide the contact email for Neal, as I have a question about my order. Thanks!

Keep in mind that Neal is not handling any GT lights any more. He turned it all over to Leo at Lumintop.

From post #1 of the GT Group Buy Thread.

Quote:
[6 July 2018] It seems that support and all issues related to the GT are transitioning from Neal to Leo at Lumintop.  The new contact email for GT issues is leo@lumintop.com.

You can send Neal a PM if you want here. http://budgetlightforum.com/messages/new/12671

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Modded S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65

Couple of points:

  • Were we supposed to have been refunded the shipping charges already?
  • Did anyone receive their ordered caps and straps with there flashlights. I was under the impression (and told by Lumintop) that the accessories would ship with the lights.
  • Also, is anyone else having issues turning the “360” tailcap strap ring? I’ve tried loosening the nut (how loose before leaks?) but I haven’t been able to budge the ring even with a leverage pin in the ring hole.

Sorry for all the points in one post.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8755
Location: Houston Texas

OrangePeel wrote:
Couple of points:
  • Were we supposed to have been refunded the shipping charges already?
  • Did anyone receive their ordered caps and straps with there flashlights. I was under the impression (and told by Lumintop) that the accessories would ship with the lights.
  • Also, is anyone else having issues turning the “360” tailcap strap ring? I’ve tried loosening the nut (how loose before leaks?) but I haven’t been able to budge the ring even with a leverage pin in the ring hole.

Sorry for all the points in one post.


Explain to me what shipping charges your refering to? Did they over charge you or something?

If you ordered just a cap and strap then those can fit in the GT box and usually were. The bags had to be shipped seperate as they are too big for the GT box. If you only ordered straps and caps and they forgot to put it in the GT box, then they should send it e-packet. This is all related to the one piece DHL box. If your in a country where it was shipped registered mail in two small boxes then the cap and strap had to be shipped e-packet. Neal is the person in charge of caps, bags and straps. You can PM him here. If you need an email let me know and I can look for it.

It sounds like your oring in the tailcap got pinched. You have to loosen the screw under the sticker, get it lined up, then tighten it back down. Put the sticker back or use a new sticker to act as a safety insulator in case you put the carrier in backwards.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Modded S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3084
Location: The Motor City

OrangePeel wrote:
Couple of points:
  • Were we supposed to have been refunded the shipping charges already?
  • Did anyone receive their ordered caps and straps with there flashlights. I was under the impression (and told by Lumintop) that the accessories would ship with the lights.
  • Also, is anyone else having issues turning the “360” tailcap strap ring? I’ve tried loosening the nut (how loose before leaks?) but I haven’t been able to budge the ring even with a leverage pin in the ring hole.

Sorry for all the points in one post.


Yep I had one tight anchor ring on the GT70. Same thing, couldn’t rotate it with a pin punch thru the lanyard hole. Take the ring nut off and try pulling the anchor ring out. Mine was a bitch. The top o-ring land had a heavy burr on it. When assembled at the factory the burr jammed the ring into a press fit. Pull the inner o-ring out and file the top land O.D. till it clears the anchor ring, test the fit with out the o-ring, when all is good, clean, grease and reassemble. That’s what I found on my example anyways.

KB1428 “Live Life WOT”

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65

One down! Thanks!! I had to pop off the anchor ring with the bottom of my hammer handle. I didn’t have so much of a burr as the remnants of a burr wedged in there – if that makes sense. O-ring was not pinched. Works now, but wished it worked as delivered. Do you know of a suitable replacement for the insulating sticker. I set mine down on a napkin and ruined the adhesive. Thanks again for sharing as using a strap was a big deal for me.

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65

JasonWW wrote:
OrangePeel wrote:
Couple of points:
  • Were we supposed to have been refunded the shipping charges already?
  • Did anyone receive their ordered caps and straps with there flashlights. I was under the impression (and told by Lumintop) that the accessories would ship with the lights.
  • Also, is anyone else having issues turning the “360” tailcap strap ring? I’ve tried loosening the nut (how loose before leaks?) but I haven’t been able to budge the ring even with a leverage pin in the ring hole.

Sorry for all the points in one post.


Explain to me what shipping charges your refering to? Did they over charge you or something?

If you ordered just a cap and strap then those can fit in the GT box and usually were. The bags had to be shipped seperate as they are too big for the GT box. If you only ordered straps and caps and they forgot to put it in the GT box, then they should send it e-packet. This is all related to the one piece DHL box. If your in a country where it was shipped registered mail in two small boxes then the cap and strap had to be shipped e-packet. Neal is the person in charge of caps, bags and straps. You can PM him here. If you need an email let me know and I can look for it.

It sounds like your oring in the tailcap got pinched. You have to loosen the screw under the sticker, get it lined up, then tighten it back down. Put the sticker back or use a new sticker to act as a safety insulator in case you put the carrier in backwards.

I had some issues ordering the accessories and Lumintop resolved it but added shipping even though agreeing to ship the accessories with my light. Texas_Ace looked into it and said Lumintop would be issuing refunds for shipping in time. Unfortunately, accessories did not ship with my light (USA DHL). Does that mean the shipping charges will stand?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8755
Location: Houston Texas

OrangePeel wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
OrangePeel wrote:
Couple of points:
  • Were we supposed to have been refunded the shipping charges already?
  • Did anyone receive their ordered caps and straps with there flashlights. I was under the impression (and told by Lumintop) that the accessories would ship with the lights.
  • Also, is anyone else having issues turning the “360” tailcap strap ring? I’ve tried loosening the nut (how loose before leaks?) but I haven’t been able to budge the ring even with a leverage pin in the ring hole.

Sorry for all the points in one post.


Explain to me what shipping charges your refering to? Did they over charge you or something?

If you ordered just a cap and strap then those can fit in the GT box and usually were. The bags had to be shipped seperate as they are too big for the GT box. If you only ordered straps and caps and they forgot to put it in the GT box, then they should send it e-packet. This is all related to the one piece DHL box. If your in a country where it was shipped registered mail in two small boxes then the cap and strap had to be shipped e-packet. Neal is the person in charge of caps, bags and straps. You can PM him here. If you need an email let me know and I can look for it.

It sounds like your oring in the tailcap got pinched. You have to loosen the screw under the sticker, get it lined up, then tighten it back down. Put the sticker back or use a new sticker to act as a safety insulator in case you put the carrier in backwards.

I had some issues ordering the accessories and Lumintop resolved it but added shipping even though agreeing to ship the accessories with my light. Texas_Ace looked into it and said Lumintop would be issuing refunds for shipping in time. Unfortunately, accessories did not ship with my light (USA DHL). Does that mean the shipping charges will stand?


Hang on, I’m confused. This thread we are in now is for the xhp35-HI original GT. Are you talking about that group buy or the other group buy with the newer xhp70.2 GT70?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Modded S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3084
Location: The Motor City

OrangePeel wrote:
One down! Thanks!! I had to pop off the anchor ring with the bottom of my hammer handle. I didn’t have so much of a burr as the remnants of a burr wedged in there – if that makes sense. O-ring was not pinched. Works now, but wished it worked as delivered. Do you know of a suitable replacement for the insulating sticker. I set mine down on a napkin and ruined the adhesive. Thanks again for sharing as using a strap was a big deal for me.

Your welcome, that’s cool it worked out for you, great job!

Nope, my sticker wouldn’t stick after I removed it. I used a piece of Black Gorilla Tape (a strong duct tape) and a X-acto razor knife to trim it to the inside of the cap. Smoothed it up a bit with a hot air gun, came out pretty decent. But I will be looking for something better like a piece of thin smooth black sticky back vinyl, if it comes along? Duct tape looks like, well, duct tape, not very professional but it will do for now.

Good Luck with the rest of your endeavors… Thumbs Up

KB1428 “Live Life WOT”

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7852
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
OrangePeel wrote:
I had some issues ordering the accessories and Lumintop resolved it but added shipping even though agreeing to ship the accessories with my light. Texas_Ace looked into it and said Lumintop would be issuing refunds for shipping in time. Unfortunately, accessories did not ship with my light (USA DHL). Does that mean the shipping charges will stand?

The paypal account is a complicated issue for lumintop. It seems that only the boss has direct access but he is rarely around with time to mess with it.

I would send Leo a message about it and he should get it taken care of: leo@lumintop.com

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8755
Location: Houston Texas

Did OrangePeel post in the wrong thread?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Modded S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7852
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
JasonWW wrote:
Did OrangePeel post in the wrong thread?

I am pretty sure he did.

Pages