*** NEW *** Haikelite MT09R Monster lights *** Update *** 2018-07-03

214 posts / 0 new
Last post
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763

Here’s a video of a whole bunch of chargers:

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 991
Location: Sweden

Shame Dale ignored me on that charger.. idk whats his problem nice way to ignore someone who spent over 100 bucks too u… no more money to them.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763

Just email him again. He usually replies within a couple of days. Two times I got a reply from him and it was close to midnight on a Friday in Shenzhen China; the guy works hard.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 991
Location: Sweden
hIKARInoob wrote:
Just email him again. He usually replies within a couple of days. Two times I got a reply from him and it was close to midnight on a Friday in Shenzhen China; the guy works hard.

I WILL NEVER BOTHER THAT MAN AGAIN !!! CLEAR ENOUGH ??!

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1192
Location: Australia

Dale replied to my email last night.

Sometime he is busy/ unwell so give him the opportunity

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
mortuus wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Just email him again. He usually replies within a couple of days. Two times I got a reply from him and it was close to midnight on a Friday in Shenzhen China; the guy works hard.

I WILL NEVER BOTHER THAT MAN AGAIN !!! CLEAR ENOUGH ??!

Suit yourself.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763

Haikelite has updated their site with new information regarding the new driver for the MT09R. This info can be found in the first post. Cool

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 1524
Location: Canada

Oh yeah, finally.

For some reason, I thought Haikelite was going under, since Dale was not answering any of my emails regarding the fact that I payed for a replacement driver and lens for my Haikelite MT01.

Also, holy crap 24 000 lumens!
Are they bypassing every spring on their lights or what?!

Polyesterboy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 04/16/2018 - 06:02
Posts: 24
Location: Melbourne, Australia

When will it be avail to purchase? I want to buy this or a DX80 but so far I haven’t seen much movement from Haikelite in the last few months. Who will the light be distributed through?

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 1977
Location: Singapore GMT +8

I think i saw the blue on the site and ITS SO PRETTY! I’d want the light in blue

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

Wieselflinkpro
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 708
Location: Germany - TLF

Polyesterboy wrote:
I want to buy this or a DX80

I would suggest you to buy the DX80. Because it has more fins for heat transfer, more LEDs which are not so much overdriven. And the Battery-Power / Lumen ratio is much better on the DX80. And you have more battery capacity in a similar small package. The DX80 can deliver similar lumens much longer than the Haikelite.
But the haikelite is smaler and handier.
It is your choice.
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

BlueSwordM wrote:
Oh yeah, finally.

For some reason, I thought Haikelite was going under, since Dale was not answering any of my emails regarding the fact that I payed for a replacement driver and lens for my Haikelite MT01.

Also, holy crap 24 000 lumens!
Are they bypassing every spring on their lights or what?!


HL is obviously over rating their lights again. They are not using the 4000K 70.2 that Texas_Ace was using. Plus TA’s measurement of 24k lumen was a little bit high if I remember correctly.

HL should be rating them closer to 17k to 18k as I think that’s the lower end of the range with all springs bypassed.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

Wrathbringer27 wrote:
I think i saw the blue on the site and ITS SO PRETTY! I’d want the light in blue

The blue was a limited run and are no longer being sold.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
Polyesterboy wrote:
I want to buy this or a DX80

I would suggest you to buy the DX80. Because it has more fins for heat transfer, more LEDs which are not so much overdriven. And the Battery-Power / Lumen ratio is much better on the DX80. And you have more battery capacity in a similar small package. The DX80 can deliver similar lumens much longer than the Haikelite.
But the haikelite is smaler and handier.
It is your choice.

These 2 lights are not very close to each other. I think the DX80 is actually around 28k lumen and can sustain that for quite a while even as the voltage goes down. It’s 8 cells extend that max output.

The MT09R are not 24k lumen. It uses a FET driver so as the voltage drops the max output drops. It can drop fast due to only 4 cells.

I hope Texas_Ace can comment on what the new HL can actually put out. It’s not 24k lumen. Maybe the CW are doing 16k lumen and NW 20k lumen for a short amount of time? It’s been a while, so I don’t remember off hand.

I think the DX80 is in a whole other league from the MT09R and I don’t even like Imalent. Some people say the current versions have all the bugs worked out. It can also sustain 7k lumen for over 90 minutes. A record I believe.

I would wait for proper reviews of the new MT09R before making any decisions. Let’s see if they got the drivers right and if they live up to the claims.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 1977
Location: Singapore GMT +8

JasonWW wrote:
Wrathbringer27 wrote:
I think i saw the blue on the site and ITS SO PRETTY! I’d want the light in blue

The blue was a limited run and are no longer being sold.

Well that’s a major pity Sad

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1584
Location: United states

JasonWW wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Oh yeah, finally.

For some reason, I thought Haikelite was going under, since Dale was not answering any of my emails regarding the fact that I payed for a replacement driver and lens for my Haikelite MT01.

Also, holy crap 24 000 lumens!
Are they bypassing every spring on their lights or what?!


HL is obviously over rating their lights again. They are not using the 4000K 70.2 that Texas_Ace was using. Plus TA’s measurement of 24k lumen was a little bit high if I remember correctly.

HL should be rating them closer to 17k to 18k as I think that’s the lower end of the range with all springs bypassed.

I got a mt09r p2 bin 5700k with TA driver.. I got 21000 lumen at turn on and 18000-19000 lumen after 20-30 seconds.. i measured with Texas ace lumen tube..

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

Newlumen wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Oh yeah, finally.

For some reason, I thought Haikelite was going under, since Dale was not answering any of my emails regarding the fact that I payed for a replacement driver and lens for my Haikelite MT01.

Also, holy crap 24 000 lumens!
Are they bypassing every spring on their lights or what?!


HL is obviously over rating their lights again. They are not using the 4000K 70.2 that Texas_Ace was using. Plus TA’s measurement of 24k lumen was a little bit high if I remember correctly.

HL should be rating them closer to 17k to 18k as I think that’s the lower end of the range with all springs bypassed.

I got a mt09r p2 bin 5700k with TA driver.. I got 21000 lumen at turn on and 18000-19000 lumen after 20-30 seconds.. i measured with Texas ace lumen tube..


I can’t tell what your point is exactly. Are you agreeing with me that HL is over rating their lights again? In your case by 5k to 6k lumen?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763

Great news!!! Banggood sells the MT09R!!! Big SmileBeerhttps://www.banggood.com/search/haikelite-mt09r.html
Not in stock yet though…

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 991
Location: Sweden

does the xhp70 peak the stated 25k lumens?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 536
Location: Germany

25.000 Lumen….lol…. Big Smile

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
mortuus wrote:
does the xhp70 peak the stated 25k lumens?

My guess it’s not going to. It’s probably (IIRC) closer to something like 18k lumens OTF, whereas the original version did something like 13k~14k lumens

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1098
Location: Germany

@Newlumen
Is your MT09R direkt from China or is that one which built Texas Ace?

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763
joechina wrote:
@Newlumen Is your MT09R direkt from China or is that one which built Texas Ace?

It’s modded by Texas Ace. http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1305958#comment-1305958

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

joechina wrote:
@Newlumen
Is your MT09R direkt from China or is that one which built Texas Ace?

The “24k lumen” version has yet to go on sale.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1192
Location: Australia

has anyone received the driver replacement from Dale yet?

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 1524
Location: Canada

I haven’t even received my replacement driver for my Haikelite MT01 yet Sad

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 672
Location: California

I started a post for the replacement drivers: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60893
I got an email from HL on 6/7, telling me that the replacement driver would be shipped on that date.

bibin
bibin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2018 - 20:02
Posts: 10
Location: Baguio City, Philippines

Banggood lists them for Natural White amd Warm White. Is it safe to assume that it will be 5000k and 4000k respectively?

Noob

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 1524
Location: Canada

Yeah probably. Or more like:

5700k 80CRI(my MT09R stock LEDs)
4000k 80CRI(maybe)

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 7998
Location: Houston Texas

bibin wrote:
Banggood lists them for Natural White amd Warm White. Is it safe to assume that it will be 5000k and 4000k respectively?

I don’t think it’s safe to assume anything on these lights. I will be interested in the reviews once these factory lights ship to see if they got the drivers and UI correct and see if they come close to specs.

Haikelite does normally do warm whites. Typically they just use cool white and neutral white. So there could be an error in the description.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices

Pages