Non Flashlight orders/received

566 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
Non Flashlight orders/received

Post what you ordered or received not related to flashlights.

I just ordered a half ton PALMGREN 61051 Arbor press from eBay seller Zoro

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York

Ordered a OnePlus 5T Smart Phone. What do you guys think?

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4503
Location: Far East
atbglenn wrote:
Ordered a OnePlus 5T Smart Phone. What do you guys think?

l have the OnePlus3 and it’s really good. When it was launched, it was considered by some as the ‘flagship-killer’ and being also an iPhone user, I tend to believe it.

Tell us about the 5T when you have it.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
tatasal wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Ordered a OnePlus 5T Smart Phone. What do you guys think?

l have the OnePlus3 and it’s really good. When it was launched, it was considered by some as the ‘flagship-killer’ and being also an iPhone user, I tend to believe it.

Tell us about the 5T when you have it.

Will do. I’m very excited about this new phone. I’ll be replacing my 2015 Moto X with it. I hope I made the right choice.

Edit: I hope this thread picks up. It’s been dead since I created it.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4503
Location: Far East
atbglenn wrote:
tatasal wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Ordered a OnePlus 5T Smart Phone. What do you guys think?

l have the OnePlus3 and it’s really good. When it was launched, it was considered by some as the ‘flagship-killer’ and being also an iPhone user, I tend to believe it.

Tell us about the 5T when you have it.

Will do. I’m very excited about this new phone. I’ll be replacing my 2015 Moto X with it. I hope I made the right choice.

Edit: I hope this thread picks up. It’s been dead since I created it.

You will be surprised how clear its Amoled screen is. My 3 already has it.

For the first time Apple switched to Amoled in the X model.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York

I’m a Mac user. That said, I’d never buy an iPhone. It’s WAY overpriced. Plus its call quality isn’t as good compared to my Moto X. I know this because my family and some friends have iPhones. The friends who have Android phones, the voice quality is noticeably better.

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4339
Location: USA

Why not utilize the ‘what you got today’ thread? It’s pretty much all encompassing. Flashlights, cars, miscellaneous gadgets, babies… etc etc.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
unknown00101 wrote:
Why not utilize the ‘what you got today’ thread? It’s pretty much all encompassing. Flashlights, cars, miscellaneous gadgets, babies… etc etc.

I have been, but I figured a non flashlight thread would work better. Maybe I’m wrong.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3768
atbglenn wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
Why not utilize the ‘what you got today’ thread? It’s pretty much all encompassing. Flashlights, cars, miscellaneous gadgets, babies… etc etc.

I have been, but I figured a non flashlight thread would work better. Maybe I’m wrong.

Am I wrong?
Have I run too far too get home? Cool
… Or maybe people here only buy flashlights and nothing else? Big Smile

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2711
Location: USA, Michigan
tatasal wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
tatasal wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Ordered a OnePlus 5T Smart Phone. What do you guys think?

l have the OnePlus3 and it’s really good. When it was launched, it was considered by some as the ‘flagship-killer’ and being also an iPhone user, I tend to believe it.

Tell us about the 5T when you have it.

Will do. I’m very excited about this new phone. I’ll be replacing my 2015 Moto X with it. I hope I made the right choice.

Edit: I hope this thread picks up. It’s been dead since I created it.

You will be surprised how clear its Amoled screen is. My 3 already has it.

For the first time Apple switched to Amoled in the X model.

The new Apple screens are made by Samsung, believe it or not. And Samsung is raking them over the coals. I heard they were charging Apple up to $130 per unit. Supposedly Apple is in talks with LG to develop a plant to make screens.

SpAwN
SpAwN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2018 - 16:16
Posts: 123
Location: Netherlands

I received a flashlight too today but since we talk about non flashlight orders, I also received 20 balls today Silly yeah… you read it right, balls!
Our little monster at home like to play with rainbow balls but somehow she loose the balls all the time so I ordered more.
This is the little monster I talk about: https://youtu.be/BicDucL_6q8

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2711
Location: USA, Michigan
SpAwN wrote:
I received a flashlight too today but since we talk about non flashlight orders, I also received 20 balls today Silly yeah… you read it right, balls! Our little monster at home like to play with rainbow balls but somehow she loose the balls all the time so I ordered more. This is the little monster I talk about: https://youtu.be/BicDucL_6q8

You need to order some plastic Dinosaurs

SpAwN
SpAwN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2018 - 16:16
Posts: 123
Location: Netherlands
RobertB wrote:
You need to order some plastic Dinosaurs

LOL, she is allowed to go anywhere she desires Silly

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2959
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

I bought a set of NWS pliers made in Germany.

I couldn’t bring my self to buy the Knipex set.

While we are on phones all top of the line phones use Sony image sensors its just one of those things with phones all part have to come from some where.

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2711
Location: USA, Michigan

Glenn, didn’t you recently buy a Sony a6000? Have you seen this review on it? https://youtu.be/qzTwXGO9Km4

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York

Hi Robert, Yes I did. I’ll check out the video now Smile

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2711
Location: USA, Michigan

One of the best camera reviews I’ve seen. I’m seriously thinking about that camera

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
The pictures he’s getting are spectacular with that super expensive lens. I’m using the kit lens. It’s fine for my amateur needs.
RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2711
Location: USA, Michigan
atbglenn wrote:
The pictures he’s getting are spectacular with that super expensive lens. I’m using the kit lens. It’s fine for my amateur needs.

Yeah, they do get some shots with those expensive lens, but they got some nice shots with the less expensive lens too! Regardless of the lens, really shows what that camera is capable of.

khas
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 08/08/2014 - 07:20
Posts: 906
Location: Denmark
hIKARInoob wrote:
Am I wrong? Have I run too far too get home? Cool

Have I gone?

And left you here alone?
If I would, could you?

Cool
atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
ERTD wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Nobody twisted your arm to come here.

Well, I joined BLF because of its specific content (budget flashlight and modding)
For that reason, you are right, nobody forced me to join that forum Thumbs Up

A good advise, you should add to your threat’s title warnings like

“no critics tolerated, or no divergent point of view allowed…”

This thread is in the Miscellaneous Non-flashlight related items “Off-topic Chatter” category.
It fits perfect here.

Streamer
Streamer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 21:06
Posts: 3441
Location: TX
ERTD wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Nobody twisted your arm to come here.

Well, I joined BLF because of its specific content (budget flashlight and modding)
For that reason, you are right, nobody forced me to join that forum Thumbs Up

A good advise, you should add to your threat’s title warnings like

“no critics tolerated, or no divergent point of view allowed…”

Funny, but I do not see any warning from you before you crapped in this members thread. And “totally useless” doesn’t count.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York
RobertB wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
The pictures he’s getting are spectacular with that super expensive lens. I’m using the kit lens. It’s fine for my amateur needs.

Yeah, they do get some shots with those expensive lens, but they got some nice shots with the less expensive lens too! Regardless of the lens, really shows what that camera is capable of.

I love the camera. The only thing I don’t like is it’s short battery life. It drains even when you’re not using it. I bought a couple of spares and a really cool Nitecore charger with a display that charges 2 batteries at the same time.

Kodachrome40
Kodachrome40's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 14:34
Posts: 853

Ordered a small Canon camera bag from B&H for my friend. It’ll be funny since he’s a Sony shooter Big Smile
Price was right so I’m sure he’ll be pleased!

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 5852
Location: nyc
ERTD wrote:
(totally useless thread)

Maybe if it’s still in warranty you can return it, and get some useful thread instead?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Finnno
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 12/17/2017 - 13:25
Posts: 152
Location: Europe

atbglenn wrote:
I’m a Mac user. That said, I’d never buy an iPhone. It’s WAY overpriced. Plus its call quality isn’t as good compared to my Moto X. I know this because my family and some friends have iPhones. The friends who have Android phones, the voice quality is noticeably better.

What I don’t like about iPhone, and Apple in general, being limited/locked with their software products and services, their charging connectors, file transfer limitations…

The hype, and the crazy pricing, I could maybe swallow, but above I cannot. Can’t stand their or any other business model imposing daft technical solutions

Spread love, it pays off

Ragsy
Ragsy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 04/03/2016 - 18:21
Posts: 425
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Over Christmas got my boys (and me because why should they have all the fun) into rockets.

Just my luck as we get into a new hobby I see Hobbico has landed in to some difficulties so I’m wondering if Estes rockets will be no more ?

I have a picture pinned to my wall

JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 781
Location: France

I received a lot these last 2 weeks, non exhaustive:

Banggood:

Xiaomi Mijia IR Sensor and Photosensitive Night Light:4.98€

Fire retardant lipo bag: 5€

XT60 Connector to Banana Plug 4mm Battery Connectors Charger Cable: 1.67€

UNI-T UT383BT Bluetooth Digital Luxmeter: 14€

MINI TS100 Digital OLED Programable Interface DC5525 Soldering Iron: 41€
MINI M-Stand Soldering Iron Stand Bracket Holder for TS100: 1.69€

MINI XT60 Male Bullet Connector to Male DC 5.5mm X 2.5mm DC5525: 6.78€

ZOP Power 22.2V 6200mAh 6S 45C Lipo Battery XT60 Plug With Battery Alarm: 50€

Leadscrew, timing belt shaft couplings and bearings: 13€

Gearbest:

Original Xiaomi Portable USB LED Light ( Enhanced Edition ): 0.99€ (not sure)

FuriBee F36 Mini RC Drone – RTF X2 : 11.5€ fot both

LiitoKala Lii – 402 Battery Charger: 4.69€

Original Xiaomi Power Bank 2C: 17.2€

Aliexpress:

Pressure gauge: 2.27€

Depth gauge: 2.99€

Arduino UNO: 2.80€

Jumper wires 120 pcs: 1.69€

USB to MIDI converter: 2.48€

Other outlets:

Crankshaft, jets and various parts for Peugeot 103 moped:

Teflon lubricating oils:

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3768

^^^ I got the Lii 402 also for $5. Just amazing! Apart from super cheap this thing is really compact; it’s an excellent charger for traveling as it’s also USB powered.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5531
Location: Long Island, New York

James, I got 2 of those Xiaomi Mijia IR Sensor and Photosensitive Night Lights a couple of weeks ago. They’re not very bright but one of them is in use in a staircase. Works great for what I’m using it for.

I got the Original Xiaomi Power Bank 20,000mAh 2C a couple of days ago. I charged it up but I haven’t used it yet.

JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 781
Location: France

I love those xiaomi lights the warmth of the led is perfect for smooth night light, i actually have 4, i put one in my bedroom and 2 in the communicating bathroom, i can go do my business at night with just the right amount of automatically triggered light

Pages