[♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX MF04S (XHP70.2) & MF04 (XHP35 HI) - Official Group Buy Thread - 【 SHIPPED! 】

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post
yclongthrow
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2011 - 14:21
Posts: 338
Location: USA
Hardusvd70 wrote:
BLF GT CW vs Astrolux MF04 CW with XHP35 emitter. Lux reading at 10 meter distance throw. !{height:600px; width:500px}https://i.imgur.com/xRIgHk0.jpg!

Does anyone know the difference in reflector size and lumens?

Which has a better quality reflector?

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1916
Location: United states
yclongthrow wrote:
Hardusvd70 wrote:
BLF GT CW vs Astrolux MF04 CW with XHP35 emitter. Lux reading at 10 meter distance throw. !{height:600px; width:500px}https://i.imgur.com/xRIgHk0.jpg!

Does anyone know the difference in reflector size and lumens?

Which has a better quality reflector?

According from my test,

Mf04 xhp35 cw 2000lumen.. blf gt cw 1700 lumen..

I have not taking lights apart.. my gut is telling me astrolux have better reflector quality..

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6838
Location: freedailydeals.org

Bravo! cool

Hardusvd70 wrote:
BLF GT CW vs Astrolux MF04 CW with XHP35 emitter. Lux reading at 10 meter distance throw.!{height:500px; width:600px}https://i.imgur.com/5wDHCHr.jpg! !{height:600px; width:500px}https://i.imgur.com/xRIgHk0.jpg![/quote]
Mr McLumen
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/01/2017 - 02:54
Posts: 67
Location: The Sooner State

freeme, as far as you know are all 04’s still on track to be shipped by the end of this week? Thank You

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9085
Location: Houston Texas

yclongthrow wrote:

Does anyone know the difference in reflector size and lumens?

Same size reflector.

KSGER STM32 2.1S Soldering Station Videos - Review Soon

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9085
Location: Houston Texas

Newlumen wrote:

According from my test,

Mf04 xhp35 cw 2000lumen.. blf gt cw 1700 lumen..


Interesting. MF04 is Boost driver at 2.7A and GT is Buck driver at 2.5A. Maybe the Lumintop is using a D2 bin CW emitter instead of a D4?

I think both are supposed to be the same D4 bin xhp35-HI. I wonder if that 0.2 extra amps is giving the Astrolux a bit more output?

Each emitter bin from Cree has a 14% tolerance and we are seeing a 16% difference here. It’s probably a combination of the extra amperage plus variations in the particular emitter. I wonder if multiple samples would even out to show the Astrolux having a slight edge only from the 0.2A extra.

BTW, the extra 0.2A amp should only be good for about 50 more lumens.

KSGER STM32 2.1S Soldering Station Videos - Review Soon

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 1953
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

I think try to measure at 20-25m. I tried to focus my GT and in stock form it has 900 kcd at 10m and from bigger distance it was even worse. After focusing I got 1170 kcd at 25m and from smaller distances it was worse. It was looked worse hot spot at distances under 20m but at high distances it was far more better with naked eye also.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1916
Location: United states

JasonWW wrote:
Newlumen wrote:

According from my test,

Mf04 xhp35 cw 2000lumen.. blf gt cw 1700 lumen..


Interesting. MF04 is Boost driver at 2.7A and GT is Buck driver at 2.5A. Maybe the Lumintop is using a D2 bin CW emitter instead of a D4?

I think both are supposed to be the same D4 bin xhp35-HI. I wonder if that 0.2 extra amps is giving the Astrolux a bit more output?

Each emitter bin from Cree has a 14% tolerance and we are seeing a 16% difference here. It’s probably a combination of the extra amperage plus variations in the particular emitter. I wonder if multiple samples would even out to show the Astrolux having a slight edge only from the 0.2A extra.

BTW, the extra 0.2A amp should only be good for about 50 more lumens.

Not sure why.. maybe blf gt is designed for max intensity.. mf04 hot spot is bigger than blf gt..

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 1953
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

Newlumen wrote:

Not sure why.. maybe blf gt is designed for max intensity.. mf04 hot spot is bigger than blf gt..

I have 3 GT’s in my hand and all give the best intensity around 10m from factory. More distance will loose kcd. I think that is why GT has smaller hot spot because it is a bit over focused. After fiddling mine and added 0,9mm thickness to led centering to raise reflector I gained almost 30% in intensity but after that the hot spot was bigger and I got my best numbers at bigger distances. Maybe MF04 has different focusing but I’m curious what numbers you got at 15, 20 and 25m distance. I don’t have MF04 to test it and I will not able to buy one later.
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9085
Location: Houston Texas

Newlumen wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Newlumen wrote:

According from my test,

Mf04 xhp35 cw 2000lumen.. blf gt cw 1700 lumen..


Interesting. MF04 is Boost driver at 2.7A and GT is Buck driver at 2.5A. Maybe the Lumintop is using a D2 bin CW emitter instead of a D4?

I think both are supposed to be the same D4 bin xhp35-HI. I wonder if that 0.2 extra amps is giving the Astrolux a bit more output?

Each emitter bin from Cree has a 14% tolerance and we are seeing a 16% difference here. It’s probably a combination of the extra amperage plus variations in the particular emitter. I wonder if multiple samples would even out to show the Astrolux having a slight edge only from the 0.2A extra.

BTW, the extra 0.2A amp should only be good for about 50 more lumens.

Not sure why.. maybe blf gt is designed for max intensity.. mf04 hot spot is bigger than blf gt..


That should not have any effect on lumens OTF.

It’s possible that both emitters put out about the same lumens, but the Astrolux reflector is slightly more shiny and reflects more light out the front or the anti reflective coating on the lens is a bit better. Reflectors and lenses can typically absorb 20% to 25% of the leds output. In general, bigger reflectors tend to absorb more of the light than smaller reflectors.

Anyway, the GT has a better UI. Silly Lol

KSGER STM32 2.1S Soldering Station Videos - Review Soon

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1916
Location: United states

JasonWW wrote:
Newlumen wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Newlumen wrote:

According from my test,

Mf04 xhp35 cw 2000lumen.. blf gt cw 1700 lumen..


Interesting. MF04 is Boost driver at 2.7A and GT is Buck driver at 2.5A. Maybe the Lumintop is using a D2 bin CW emitter instead of a D4?

I think both are supposed to be the same D4 bin xhp35-HI. I wonder if that 0.2 extra amps is giving the Astrolux a bit more output?

Each emitter bin from Cree has a 14% tolerance and we are seeing a 16% difference here. It’s probably a combination of the extra amperage plus variations in the particular emitter. I wonder if multiple samples would even out to show the Astrolux having a slight edge only from the 0.2A extra.

BTW, the extra 0.2A amp should only be good for about 50 more lumens.

Not sure why.. maybe blf gt is designed for max intensity.. mf04 hot spot is bigger than blf gt..


That should not have any effect on lumens OTF.

It’s possible that both emitters put out about the same lumens, but the Astrolux reflector is slightly more shiny and reflects more light out the front or the anti reflective coating on the lens is a bit better. Reflectors and lenses can typically absorb 20% to 25% of the leds output. In general, bigger reflectors tend to absorb more of the light than smaller reflectors.

Anyway, the GT has a better UI. Silly Lol

Yea.. blf gt always gonna be the best. You can run 4 cells or 8 cells..

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 5871
Location: Holland/Japan

Interestd in MF04S.. 

 

EDIT: could you maybe separate the threads for both group buys? I almost thought I was late to the game for the MF04S because I saw a huge list on page 1. 

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 838
Location: Germany

Interested in MF04S. Thank you!

Hardusvd70
Hardusvd70's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 04/09/2017 - 01:11
Posts: 209
Location: South Africa

Measured lux reading at 25 meter distance throw.
Thrunite TN42 CW

BLF GT NW

BLF GT CW

ASTROLUX MF04 CW

Hardusvd70

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6838
Location: freedailydeals.org

Thanks for sharing! cool

Hardusvd70 wrote:
Measured lux reading at 25 meter distance throw. Thrunite TN42 CW !{height:500px; width:600px}https://i.imgur.com/l9Aea2r.jpg! BLF GT NW !{height:600px; width:400px}https://i.imgur.com/dZ8TSXr.jpg! BLF GT CW !{height:500px; width:600px}https://i.imgur.com/lLgUTWE.jpg! ASTROLUX MF04 CW !{height:500px; width:600px}https://i.imgur.com/HOn042V.jpg![/quote]
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6838
Location: freedailydeals.org

Small batch of MF04 has arrived in warehouse now. I heard there will be another batch coming in next week. 

This is considered a big light, manufacturing time will definitely take longer than usual. Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 191
Location: United Kingdom

How small a batch? Smile

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Terjef
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/03/2018 - 04:46
Posts: 22

Hi,

My MF04 is on its way Smile

Can I get a price for the MF04S?

Natopsi
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 16:02
Posts: 6
Location: France

Banggood says my NW MF04 have been shipped today, one day before expected shipping date Thumbs Up

Quote:
Order Placed Date: 2018-05-16 13:03:21
Mr McLumen
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/01/2017 - 02:54
Posts: 67
Location: The Sooner State

Same here, got an Email confirming shipping of NW ’04 !

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 191
Location: United Kingdom
TheAuditor wrote:
How small a batch? Smile

Mine was in it so it must have been quite big Smile

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6838
Location: freedailydeals.org

Don't worry, more coming in next week.

TheAuditor wrote:
How small a batch? :-)
Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 838
Location: Germany

Is the code for MF04S the same as for MF04? If not can you please send me the code for the MF04S, too?

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6838
Location: freedailydeals.org

Done.

FlashTom wrote:
Is the code for MF04S the same as for MF04? If not can you please send me the code for the MF04S, too?
LichtAn
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 03/08/2018 - 02:37
Posts: 322
Location: Germany

I was the second person to preorder the NW MF04, still not shipped out. Oh gosh…come on Banggood Facepalm
I’m pretty sure they messed up with my change to NW.

Tweakmeister
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/06/2018 - 23:31
Posts: 16
Location: Orange County, CA

Please message me a code.

derpilgerer
derpilgerer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 09/11/2016 - 13:46
Posts: 21
Location: Germany

please msg me the code. I’m interested, depending on price

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 191
Location: United Kingdom

My MF04 has made it to the UK. If Royal Mail get their act together I might even get it tomorrow Smile Probably not though.

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Terjef
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/03/2018 - 04:46
Posts: 22

Ordered mf04s

avani733
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 17 hours ago
Joined: 03/16/2018 - 10:21
Posts: 51
Location: 34.656902, -92.406612

Can I get a price for the MF04S?

Pages