[♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX MF05 CREE High Power Flashlight with Active Cooling - Official Group Buy Thread

311 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sonofspectrum
Sonofspectrum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/02/2012 - 11:44
Posts: 184
Location: England

Interested.

It's moments of madness that keep us sane.

lcortez321
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 10/03/2017 - 22:10
Posts: 52
Location: United States New York , NY.

Interested.

dw911
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 06/27/2014 - 07:44
Posts: 591
Location: UK

Intrested

M78
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 01/06/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 270
Location: usa

Interested

AEDe
AEDe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2016 - 12:07
Posts: 456
Location: Moscow

Interested

pirate joe 22
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 days ago
Joined: 08/26/2015 - 01:23
Posts: 120

are there any photos ?
or details on cooling ?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9558
Location: Houston Texas

pirate joe 22 wrote:
are there any photos?
or details on cooling?

Nope.

I suspect Astrolux is letting people know they are working on a fan-cooled light super early to try and beat Acebeam to the punch because they should be releasing their fan cooled X70 light very soon.

This is just my own personal theory. Normally you would expect them to wait until they were a bit further along and had something to show us or some type of details.

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4336
Location: San Diego, CA

JasonWW wrote:
pirate joe 22 wrote:
are there any photos?
or details on cooling?

Nope.

I suspect Astrolux is letting people know they are working on a fan-cooled light super early to try and beat Acebeam to the punch because they should be releasing their fan cooled X70 light very soon.

This is just my own personal theory. Normally you would expect them to wait until they were a bit further along and had something to show us or some type of details.

Beat them to the punch, like get people to delay buying an Acebeam in hopes that the Astrolux is better? Ford did that with the 4th gen Mustang by introducing the Mach III concept. Even then it still failed to match the power levels for a while. Maybe we’ll see the same here.

The low mode should be lower.

Reviews: Efan IMR18350 700mAh 10.5A, <a href="http://

casi29061965
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/27/2016 - 09:50
Posts: 548
Location: Germany

Interested

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9558
Location: Houston Texas

leaftye wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
pirate joe 22 wrote:
are there any photos?
or details on cooling?

Nope.

I suspect Astrolux is letting people know they are working on a fan-cooled light super early to try and beat Acebeam to the punch because they should be releasing their fan cooled X70 light very soon.

This is just my own personal theory. Normally you would expect them to wait until they were a bit further along and had something to show us or some type of details.

Beat them to the punch, like get people to delay buying an Acebeam in hopes that the Astrolux is better?


Yes, it’s a common tactic among competitors.

The X70 might be released as soon as March. It’s a bit bigger than the MF03 using 12 x xhp70.2 plus an xhp35 in the center. Maybe the MF05 will be similar? It makes sense that they would not want to waste fan cooling with a medium sized light, so a big, powerful light is what I’m expecting of the MF05.

We literally know nothing at this point. So it’s all speculation.

If Astrolux is going to try and compete with the X70, they should just say so. I’m sure a lot of buyers would be willing to wait and see what they come up with. They could at least tell us their goals with this light.

bosquimano
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 02/06/2018 - 08:58
Posts: 3
Location: ESPAÑA

interesado, depende de caracteristicas y precio

luz y buena caza

e10sno
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 19 hours ago
Joined: 04/26/2011 - 13:28
Posts: 157
Location: THA

Interested

Morgy
Morgy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2017 - 16:39
Posts: 12
Location: Hungary, Baj

Intrested

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 961
Location: Indonesia

JasonWW wrote:

If Astrolux is going to try and compete with the X70, they should just say so. I’m sure a lot of buyers would be willing to wait and see what they come up with. They could at least tell us their goals with this light.

Acebeam X70 most likely cost significantly more money, no matter how good that light is i cant justify buying one so for me MF05 is more interesting.

maildroid
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 13 hours ago
Joined: 04/06/2016 - 20:32
Posts: 290
Location: nc new bern

Intrested

"Let your lite shine "

cop
cop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/29/2012 - 22:47
Posts: 123
Location: Singapore

Active cooling ^^

Fatlight
Fatlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/15/2016 - 03:40
Posts: 92
Location: Earth

Interested . very mysteriously sounding like a fan strap to a light. hopes its done beautifully and cool.

If U R reading this, U R also a Flashaholic. Pfft <3

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 33 sec ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4047
Location: Texas

This thread needs pics…!!!

BT100
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 3 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2017 - 13:23
Posts: 63
Location: AZ USA

interested depending on what it actually is……….

Caleb-v
Caleb-v's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 08/26/2014 - 15:23
Posts: 228
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Interested

Pics please

my9221
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 02:18
Posts: 782
Location: United States

Yes, I’m in!

Flashem
Flashem's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 5 days ago
Joined: 10/27/2017 - 16:28
Posts: 57
Location: The windy city

VERY Interested…. Some pics would be nice..!

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4336
Location: San Diego, CA

I hope that in addition to a tripod mount in the head they also put a tripod mount in the tailcap. This light is almost certainly going to be huge, and I’d actually want a real camera tripod to give it a secure base for ceiling bounces. There’s actually a standard that flashlights like the Q8 often get wrong. The 1/4-20 threads should have a full thread depth of 1/2 inch.

Having dual tripod mounts also provides a way to attach a lanyard or a shoulder strap.

The low mode should be lower.

Reviews: Efan IMR18350 700mAh 10.5A, <a href="http://

Nicolaas
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2012 - 15:38
Posts: 439
Location: Netherlands

What’s that you say? ACTIVE cooling? Shocked

Well shit, of course I’m interested! Love

I hope it’s going to be a design in the line of the Olight X6 Marauder, with separate battery storage.
That way the light emitting part would have plenty of room for the cooling mechanism.

Grtz
Nico

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9558
Location: Houston Texas

Nicolaas wrote:
What’s that you say? ACTIVE cooling? Shocked

Well shit, of course I’m interested! Love

I hope it’s going to be a design in the line of the Olight X6 Marauder, with separate battery storage.
That way the light emitting part would have plenty of room for the cooling mechanism.

Grtz
Nico


The style of light seems to be a bit outdated. Do you think anybody wants to buy a light with a seperate battery pack?

That doesn’t appeal to me.

san san
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/21/2013 - 11:56
Posts: 51
Location: spain

Interested

Nicolaas
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2012 - 15:38
Posts: 439
Location: Netherlands

JasonWW wrote:
Nicolaas wrote:
What’s that you say? ACTIVE cooling? Shocked

Well shit, of course I’m interested! Love

I hope it’s going to be a design in the line of the Olight X6 Marauder, with separate battery storage.
That way the light emitting part would have plenty of room for the cooling mechanism.

Grtz
Nico


The style of light seems to be a bit outdated. Do you think anybody wants to buy a light with a seperate battery pack?

That doesn’t appeal to me.

Well Jason,

To answer your question: yes I do think it appeals to some people, why else would I have brought it up. At least it appeals to me.

However, I’m not that interested in the design itself but in the practicality of it. The concept with a separate battery pack would leave
plenty of room for active cooling on the head part.

Also, the really big lights with 6 or 8 cells and lots of big emitters already are very, very bulky so separating the head from the
battery pack would make the head part much more easy to carry and use for a prolonged period.
And this will be a big and heavy multi-emitter light, why else would you want to have active cooling (= adding more weight and bulk) on it?

Cheers
Nico

troisanh
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2013 - 07:19
Posts: 738
Location: midwest

interested

hron61
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 11/08/2017 - 14:50
Posts: 20

Interested. Thanks.

Glenn7
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 01/17/2012 - 08:02
Posts: 133
Location: Tasmania Australia

Interested.

Pages