Group Buy: Wuben TO10R and TO46R (real 90+CRI triple XP-G3) - CLOSED!!

500 posts / 0 new
Last post
maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 1450
Location: Finland
cellguy wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the bezel is glued? I cannot budge mine.

Not glued, just screwed on tight. I used rubber strap wrenches.

Pezo
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 04/03/2018 - 15:55
Posts: 55
Location: Austria

Got mine as well.
Had to clean the LEDs on the TO10R, there was some black debris and I didn’t want to turn it on, but otherwise it was fine. I unscrewed the bezel by pressing it against the underside of my ESD mat, worked just fine.

cellguy
cellguy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 09/12/2012 - 15:59
Posts: 836
Location: Indiana
maukka wrote:
cellguy wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the bezel is glued? I cannot budge mine.

Not glued, just screwed on tight. I used rubber strap wrenches.

Thanks!

Current Favorites:

BLF Q8, Thrunite TC20, Convoy L6

 

 

 

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 2449
Location: Portugal

Mine has arrived today Wink Well, definitely not the CW tint, despite all the shift it has which is nothing that can’t be solved with DC-Fix or a frosted lens!

Again, thank you =the=, maukka and Wuben for making this possible Wink

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger / Nitefox ES10K / Nitefox K3 / Amutorch AX1 / Amutorch VG10 / Olight M2R Warrior   

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7     Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses: XML2 / XPL-HI     Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)     Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3    Triple TIR & XP-G2                   MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A) = ACTIVE

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

 

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 2449
Location: Portugal

Some photos after putting a piece of diffuser on the TO46R Wink (it is not perfect, but surely evens the shift that the XP-G3 produces!)
On the left, the TO10R, CW, original version! On the right, TO46R, NW, High CRI, group buy version Wink

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger / Nitefox ES10K / Nitefox K3 / Amutorch AX1 / Amutorch VG10 / Olight M2R Warrior   

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7     Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses: XML2 / XPL-HI     Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)     Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3    Triple TIR & XP-G2                   MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A) = ACTIVE

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

 

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 192

I received my light and leds today. Amazing modes spacing. And that clip. the can you find out can I buy these clips? I would be interested in two.

I am a beginner in everything.

 

Arnold

LightUpTheDark
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 20 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:03
Posts: 172
Location: NorCal

You guys are making me anxious to get mines…. I can’t help it to stay away though.

I’ve got a thrower, a flooder, and an EDC too. Still looking for a bigger thrower, flooder, and a new EDC, give or take a few. I’m a flashaholic.

_the_
_the_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 3577
Location: Finland
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
I received my light and leds today. Amazing modes spacing. And that clip. the can you find out can I buy these clips? I would be interested in two.

Asked them, but the answer was “no”. The shipping & handling cost makes it nearly impossible to sell any spare parts.

=the=

Disclaimer: Above post might contain referral links, but only to items that I myself have bought, tested & approved. Or items that, based on my experience, can be considered as good deals & worth sharing.

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 192

Ehh.It is a pity, because it fit to astrolux s41.

I am a beginner in everything.

 

Arnold

CoolJB
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2016 - 15:28
Posts: 133
Location: Memphis, TN

Just got my TO46R today. I had already bought a couple of the original TO46Rs that are sold on banggood.com that claim to be high CRI. Boy the difference between those and the group buy version are night and day. The tint on the original ones is hideous. Total crap actually, especially side by side with this one. The group buy version has a wonderful tint and CRI looks much better to the naked eye anyway. I’m glad I got an extra emitter board too because I’m going to immediately put it in one of the originals I already had.

Besides all of that, I’m really impressed with the build quality on the wuben lights I have. It’s impeccable. For all intents and purposes the lights are flawless. Anodizing, machining and overall fit and finish are top notch. Only “flaw” with wuben is that they were and probably still are selling the crap version of this light (and calling it High CRI) on banggood/gearbest. This group buy version is awesome though.

EDIT: I just looked at the TO46R specs on banggood and they’ve removed all of the references to High CRI from the product page. The box they have pictured still says High CRI LED on it, which is not true. Unless they’ve upgraded the production version of this light with the group buy LEDs. Who know though?

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 809
Location: Manila, Philippines
the wrote:
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
I received my light and leds today. Amazing modes spacing. And that clip. the can you find out can I buy these clips? I would be interested in two.

Asked them, but the answer was “no”. The shipping & handling cost makes it nearly impossible to sell any spare parts.

Regarding shipping and handling cost, maybe if they are ordered in combination with a flashlight purchase, then the shipping wouldn’t have much additional cost?

_the_
_the_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 3577
Location: Finland
CoolJB wrote:
Just got my TO46R today. I had already bought a couple of the original TO46Rs that are sold on banggood.com that claim to be high CRI. Boy the difference between those and the group buy version are night and day. The tint on the original ones is hideous. Total crap actually, especially side by side with this one. The group buy version has a wonderful tint and CRI looks much better to the naked eye anyway. I’m glad I got an extra emitter board too because I’m going to immediately put it in one of the originals I already had.

One more member converted to NW & Hight CRI. Great! Smile
You probably need to change your nick to “NeutralJB” though..

CoolJB wrote:
EDIT: I just looked at the TO46R specs on banggood and they’ve removed all of the references to High CRI from the product page. The box they have pictured still says High CRI LED on it, which is not true. Unless they’ve upgraded the production version of this light with the group buy LEDs. Who know though?

I know. Big Smile There’s currently only one shop in the world that sells the real 90+CRI version. It’s not BG or GB, but a small shop in Finland. Wink

=the=

Disclaimer: Above post might contain referral links, but only to items that I myself have bought, tested & approved. Or items that, based on my experience, can be considered as good deals & worth sharing.

_the_
_the_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 3577
Location: Finland
d_t_a wrote:
the wrote:
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
I received my light and leds today. Amazing modes spacing. And that clip. the can you find out can I buy these clips? I would be interested in two.

Asked them, but the answer was “no”. The shipping & handling cost makes it nearly impossible to sell any spare parts.

Regarding shipping and handling cost, maybe if they are ordered in combination with a flashlight purchase, then the shipping wouldn’t have much additional cost?

Good point! Maybe those could be added as extra goodies to our next Wuben GB. Let’s see..

=the=

Disclaimer: Above post might contain referral links, but only to items that I myself have bought, tested & approved. Or items that, based on my experience, can be considered as good deals & worth sharing.

CoolJB
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2016 - 15:28
Posts: 133
Location: Memphis, TN
the wrote:
One more member converted to NW & Hight CRI. Great! Smile You probably need to change your nick to “NeutralJB” though..

I’m not a convert, I’ve been on the NW bandwagon since I got my first good NW lights a couple of years ago (Convoy L6 NW and Astrolux S41 Nichias) and I was immediately a convert then. High CRI IS kind of a new interest for me though. Can’t change my nickname, it doesn’t refer to my flashlight color preference, it refers to me! Wink

LightUpTheDark
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 20 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:03
Posts: 172
Location: NorCal

Finally got my TO46R, TO10R, and spare emitter board (nearly 4 weeks of wait time).
For some reason I thought the TO10R was able to run 18350’s but found out it would only fit a 16340…Bummer…. gotta read more carefully next time. (May bore the tube out to fit a 18350 in the future…have 2 18350’s sitting idle… will probably throw them into the Manker E14 with 18350 tube. )

What I observed after playing with the lights (tried some lego part swapping) some more:

46r: Head on 46r is “glued” on to battery tube. Long press of power button (while light is off) turns on turbo mode.

10r: Tail cap is “glued” on to battery tube. Long press of power button (while light is off) activates strobe (but momentary only and must be held down to keep strobe).

I’m assuming Wuben doesn’t want us lego-ing these lights…

Will go read the manuals to see if I can change them.

One minor annoyance is the charging port flap/cover tends to get in the way of the micro-USB plug. This may deteriorate the cover and compromise the water ingress protection if recharging the light often via the port.

I’ve got a thrower, a flooder, and an EDC too. Still looking for a bigger thrower, flooder, and a new EDC, give or take a few. I’m a flashaholic.

LG
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2016 - 09:09
Posts: 250
Location: Vietnam

My package got stuck somewhere along the way, still hasn’t arrived yet. I contacted them and they’re checking with the shipper.

bunnicula
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 04/03/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 98

60 days and my package is still at the PostNL Acceptance Center. Jason (Wuben) has not been helpful, asking me to contact my post office instead. The problem is that the package hasn’t arrived in my country yet, so why ask me to call my post office?

PS: I did call my PO and they still haven’t received my package, as expected.

northbeard
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/22/2017 - 14:36
Posts: 98
Location: West Coast, eh?

bunnicula wrote:
60 days and my package is still at the PostNL Acceptance Center. Jason (Wuben) has not been helpful, asking me to contact my post office instead. The problem is that the package hasn’t arrived in my country yet, so why ask me to call my post office?

PS: I did call my PO and they still haven’t received my package, as expected.

I did give Jason a poke after being in a similar situation. I doubt he actually did anything, but my light showed up a week later.

Nice product! Works exactly as advertised, but I admit I’ve not had much chance to take it out and test it ‘in the wild,’ as it were. That should be coming up in a week or two though, as I try to make a break for it away from work.

neex
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 11/26/2016 - 03:13
Posts: 14

My parcel also losted somewhere. Jason also asked to contact local post office, but after I contacted to local post office Jason ignoring my mails.

Pages