6. Batch "TA" 1S or 2S Bistro HD OTSM/NarsilM drivers 15-47.5mm size fit, S2+, C8, H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 Clicky or E-switch

307 posts / 0 new
Last post
scr79423
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 04/29/2018 - 15:12
Posts: 177
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Lexel wrote:
Klx01 wrote:
Hi ! ,did you made that driver I requested?How many volts does start ??? 4 ×18650 in series, or 2+2 in paralel ? Thanks ! Astrolux mf02 custom driver for Romania.

MF02 driver is possible in 2 options

1. Buck
with 4×18650 in series for XHP35 12V, XHP50 6 or 12V, XHP70.2 12V

carrier mod is easy

Mod description here with XHP70.2
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/58925

2. DD+7135
With 2S/2P for XHP50 or XHP70
!{width:70%}http://www.metronixlaser.de/bilder/flashlight/TA_MF01_driver.png!

Hi Lexel, could you build me a
DD+7135 for 2S/2P and XHP70.2 for my MT70?

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany
scr79423 wrote:
Lexel wrote:
Klx01 wrote:
Hi ! ,did you made that driver I requested?How many volts does start ??? 4 ×18650 in series, or 2+2 in paralel ? Thanks ! Astrolux mf02 custom driver for Romania.

carrier mod is easy

Mod description here with XHP70.2
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/58925

Hi Lexel, could you build me a
DD+7135 for 2S/2P and XHP70.2 for my MT70?

Hi as I mentioned before the MT70 uses a 12V LED board, so you cant DD it from 2S/2P same with buck driver
the Carrier mod is needed in any case

I could build a modded AMC board with DD FET + small FET with resistor 2 channel, but rather prefer regulated Buck driver for it

This is the standard solution if you dont want to change LED board to 6V which on the other hand would mean limited current capabilities with buck as voltage is reduced

beastlykings
beastlykings's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2017 - 17:06
Posts: 186
Location: Michigan, USA

Sorry to hear about your shipping troubles Lexel. You do great work, please keep us updated if you come up with a better solution. I’ll still be buying from you even with the higher shipping. Totally worth it.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany

Shipping is still possible, but for bulkier better use new Item letter which got more expensive
Seems I can use international with 5 per quarter and no limit for my country but then its also more expensive than last year

So 3.8€ for >10mm untracked
6.8€
Oficially items are banned from. Ormal letters but I dont think flat drivers will cause issues as they can be handled by sorting machines

contactcr
Online
Last seen: 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2607
Location: US

Is there any reasonable option for expedited shipping to US?

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany
contactcr wrote:
Is there any reasonable option for expedited shipping to US?

I could send DHL Express for about 40€

contactcr
Online
Last seen: 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2607
Location: US

Well that covers all but one word of my question. Lol. Plan ahead I guess.

Strange that packages from Russia and Croatia come several days sooner then Germany. From a geographic perspective anyways.

chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 1829
Location: Iowa

Both of my orders have been shorter then I expected.

While I here,

Lexel. If I want to remove some 7135’s from a Skilhunt driver what order??

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany

chadvone wrote:
Both of my orders have been shorter then I expected.

While I here,

Lexel. If I want to remove some 7135’s from a Skilhunt driver what order??

what do you mean with shorter order, did I miss some parts?

AMCs get the best removed with hot air, or 2 other persons with 2 more soldering irons, guess whats easier,
but with hot air you have to be careful not removing other parts as well including the other side

chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 1829
Location: Iowa

Lexel, Shipping was shorter(faster) then I expected it to be. I should of said shipping was faster then I expected. You beat orders from China ordered at same time.

Thank You for providing these drivers.

On skilhunt driver I want to remove some 7135s without removing the single channel 7135. I know where the single channel is on the modded drivers you sent. I need to know if the single channel 7135 is in the same place.

Anthon
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2015 - 10:33
Posts: 541

just installed in my Q8 a driver from Lexel, great quality and max 7135×15 regulated brightness, also running with anduril!

I also wanted to thank Lexel for all his help when installing the driver!

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany

chadvone wrote:
Lexel, Shipping was shorter(faster) then I expected it to be. I should of said shipping was faster then I expected. You beat orders from China ordered at same time.

Thank You for providing these drivers.

On skilhunt driver I want to remove some 7135s without removing the single channel 7135. I know where the single channel is on the modded drivers you sent. I need to know if the single channel 7135 is in the same place.


the usual 21mm for H03 has the single on always on top side
the ones with on down side originate from C8F 21700 design and have it always in that position, but other sizes can be differnt
rjd
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/18/2016 - 01:39
Posts: 33
Location: S.E. Aus

Any chance you could flash a version Anduril instead of NarsilM?

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany
rjd wrote:
Any chance you could flash a version Anduril instead of NarsilM?

Its no problem to flash Anduril or Emisar Firmware as the drivers are compatible

rjd
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/18/2016 - 01:39
Posts: 33
Location: S.E. Aus
Lexel wrote:
rjd wrote:
Any chance you could flash a version Anduril instead of NarsilM?

Its no problem to flash Anduril or Emisar Firmware as the drivers are compatible

Maybe I should have asked “can you sell them already flashed with Anduril or Emisar D4S?” to avoid confusion.

If you can I’d like to order 2× 17mm drivers with Anduril.

Thanks Richard.

juhaszjani1988
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/26/2019 - 08:06
Posts: 2
Location: Hungary

hello, am i able to order a 30mm driver for an Convoy L6?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11340
Location: Houston Texas

juhaszjani1988 wrote:
hello, am i able to order a 30mm driver for an Convoy L6?

Yes, Lexel will send you a personal message asking you what options you want.
Unloco
Online
Last seen: 1 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 16:17
Posts: 240

Is there a possibility to tactically use the tail button in the Convoy L6 with Narsil or Andúril as in the Sofirn C8F 21700?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11340
Location: Houston Texas

Unloco wrote:
Is there a possibility to tactically use the tail button in the Convoy L6 with Narsil or Andúril as in the Sofirn C8F 21700?

Yes

For the initial power on option you can choose two blinks, turbo or nothing.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany

JasonWW wrote:
Unloco wrote:
Is there a possibility to tactically use the tail button in the Convoy L6 with Narsil or Andúril as in the Sofirn C8F 21700?

Yes

For the initial power on option you can choose two blinks, turbo or nothing.

this is for NarsilM Anduril I dont know how to change that start up

contactcr
Online
Last seen: 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2607
Location: US

Lexel wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Unloco wrote:
Is there a possibility to tactically use the tail button in the Convoy L6 with Narsil or Andúril as in the Sofirn C8F 21700?

Yes

For the initial power on option you can choose two blinks, turbo or nothing.

this is for NarsilM Anduril I dont know how to change that start up

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1452796#comment-1452796

Mikeadoo
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 22:27
Posts: 426
Location: Chesterfield, Michigan
L6 30mm diameter driver, NarsilM 2S either Blink at the tail cap or Turbo at the tail cap? I’m in for 1. Already PMed you Lexel.

Mike

Unloco
Online
Last seen: 1 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 16:17
Posts: 240

JasonWW wrote:
Unloco wrote:
Is there a possibility to tactically use the tail button in the Convoy L6 with Narsil or Andúril as in the Sofirn C8F 21700?

Yes

For the initial power on option you can choose two blinks, turbo or nothing.

OK.
Thanks.

Interested in one L6 NarsilM, PO=turbo.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany

I have also made a crowdfunding campaign for the new reflow oven as I will not make the drivers more expensive

https://www.gofundme.com/reflow-oven-for-blf-drivers

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 2 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2708
Location: France, Angers

Hi Lexel, I’d need a 30mm 1S driver for a tail-clicky host (Olight M22).
Bistro UI would be cool

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5254
Location: Germany
X3 wrote:
Hi Lexel, I’d need a 30mm 1S driver for a tail-clicky host (Olight M22). Bistro UI would be cool

sure there is the 24-30mm Bistro 1S possible to build

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 2 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2708
Location: France, Angers
Lexel wrote:
X3 wrote:
Hi Lexel, I’d need a 30mm 1S driver for a tail-clicky host (Olight M22). Bistro UI would be cool

sure there is the 24-30mm Bistro 1S possible to build


Can I get a quote by private message please?

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

Inkidu
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 day ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 14:03
Posts: 159
Location: PA

I would like to buy (2) 20mm drivers for the Convoy M21A & Convoy S21A

robinogi
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 05/20/2019 - 16:04
Posts: 4

I’m fairly comfortable with a soldering iron but have never “modded” a flashlight. What would I need to add Narsil to my Astrolux MF01?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11340
Location: Houston Texas

robinogi wrote:
I’m fairly comfortable with a soldering iron but have never “modded” a flashlight. What would I need to add Narsil to my Astrolux MF01?

First, you would need to swap in a new driver that was already setup with NarsilM. That’s pretty easy. The potential hard parts with the MF01 is if it’s not an early unit, it will probably be glued shut and very difficult to open. Secondly, the emitters will probably be set up at the wrong voltage requiring you to cut traces on the led board (mcpcb) and add jumper wires.

I would start by seeing if you can get the front bezel off your light.

You don’t list your location, but if your in Europe you might be able to ship it to Lexel for a conversion. Outside of Europe the shipping costs go way up.

BTW, do you know about the new MF01S? It would be way cheaper to sell your current one and buy the new one since it already comes with many improvements. No NarsilM, but Anduril is based from it with nice ramping and user adjustable features.

Pages