Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

1168 posts / 0 new
Last post
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

BlueSwordM wrote:
I have an interesting question: what do the PWM levels for moonlight, 1-7, do?

I can’t visually see a difference between all levels of moonlight after I configure it.

Is it normal?

It works on my Q8, but not on the MT09R.

Would love to see some input of it.

The Q8 uses a 7135 where this driver uses an FET. The 7135 is not really designed for how we use it but the FET is. So thus the difference will be very minor between the different moon modes. They are different but only 1/255 difference per step.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 2302
Location: Canada

Ooooh. Thank you. Didn’t understand why it didn’t change. Thanks for the response.

So, Level 1 is the lowest brightness possible, and Level 7 is the highest moonlight brightness possible, right?

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states

Texas_Ace wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
I have an interesting question: what do the PWM levels for moonlight, 1-7, do?

I can’t visually see a difference between all levels of moonlight after I configure it.

Is it normal?

It works on my Q8, but not on the MT09R.

Would love to see some input of it.

The Q8 uses a 7135 where this driver uses an FET. The 7135 is not really designed for how we use it but the FET is. So thus the difference will be very minor between the different moon modes. They are different but only 1/255 difference per step.

This driver also improve MCPCB heat sinking right?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

BlueSwordM wrote:
Ooooh. Thank you. Didn’t understand why it didn’t change. Thanks for the response.

So, Level 1 is the lowest brightness possible, and Level 7 is the highest moonlight brightness possible, right?

Correct, 1 is also the default.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Newlumen wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
I have an interesting question: what do the PWM levels for moonlight, 1-7, do?

I can’t visually see a difference between all levels of moonlight after I configure it.

Is it normal?

It works on my Q8, but not on the MT09R.

Would love to see some input of it.

The Q8 uses a 7135 where this driver uses an FET. The 7135 is not really designed for how we use it but the FET is. So thus the difference will be very minor between the different moon modes. They are different but only 1/255 difference per step.

This driver also improve MCPCB heat sinking right?

I am not sure what you mean? The MCPCB is what the LED’s are mounted on, they are completely separate from the driver?

The driver itself does maximize the heat sinking of the components on it, although there is not a lot of heat it has to deal with in comparison to the 7135’s.

NOT Haikelite U...
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 19:04
Posts: 629
Location: Gaffney South Carolina

I still have to take an official inventory on Monday but I do still have 2 items only 1 of each that I will let go of at more than half off.

In fact they are basically my cost plus shipping.

 

I have 1 SC02 I will leave the price for that 1 single unit at the price shown here https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-sc02-5000k-emitter-tint-color-white

 

And 1 MT09R 35 high white (really silver) which already had the new TA driver installed and has calculated out to be a 1000 meter thrower. Using this exact light which is the first one I tested TA's new driver in I found a water tower 822 yards away and it was no problem at all. These are excellent throwers.

Unless you happen to want an emitter upgrade this light needs nothing and is ready to ship  directly to the customer with the new driver installed of course Narsil that you all know about.

 

I have 1 that I will sell for $110.00 that is less than my cost once you add in the driver that I had to purchase and shipping. Actually the $10.00 is mostly to cover the shipping and to make sure that my daily sales does not show a loss. You can find it here https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mt09r-triple-cree-35-high

I Think I have 2 more of these I just have to locate them and order a driver from TA for them. That will be next week sometime when I do a quarterly inventory.

 

Until you actually see one of these throw, no picture or video can do it justice... 

He Said She Said Sales

Skype Terrywhite1@live.com

yuhsin91123
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 11 hours ago
Joined: 09/29/2017 - 13:18
Posts: 290
Location: Taiwan, NY LI,

Got the MT09R on stock LED emitters, it is cooler than my 5700k MT03
Here are 2 pics to compare them.
The MT09R is doing super good with stock emitters and throws very well.
But MT03 just blast everything right in front of me much better.
Both are great. But if I must pick one I’ll pick the MT03…

First is the MT03 TA 23k lumen

MT09R TA 20k lumen

Man Without Shadow
Man Without Shadow's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 02/20/2017 - 18:17
Posts: 321
Location: Wisconsin

Good pics! Are they taken at the same time? The tree in the forefront doesn’t have leaves in the MT03 pic.

You should take two pics at the same time so we can compare colors, air haze, and the same foliage.

You have two super blasters now!

When I'm spending mony foolishly, I like to do it wi$ely...

I have all the flashlights I need, but not as many as I want...

 

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states

Nice comparison between 5700k and stock led ( 6500k ? ).. so it look like mt03 have floody beam..

yuhsin91123
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 11 hours ago
Joined: 09/29/2017 - 13:18
Posts: 290
Location: Taiwan, NY LI,

Yea I took them at the different day. And yes the MT03 is a super good flood light. MT03 is 5700k and MT09R is stock NW emitter.
I will take pics on the same time maybe tomorrow night

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1968
Location: US

The MT09R is definitely more throwy than MT03. However if you use DC Fix, it increases the spill tremendously but still maintains good throw.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 2302
Location: Canada

Can it handle the power level of the MT09R though?

At 96% optical efficiency, it is going to be taking(0,04*19 000 lumens), it will be taking away 760 lumens, which isn’t insignificant. Can it handle the heat? Or am I wrong?

Also, guys, what kind of mods are you doing yourself? The reason I didn’t want any spring bypasses is that I’m going to replace the stock springs with phosphor bronze springs, as an example.

Any other soft mods that I could do to improve the light itself?

NOT Haikelite U...
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 19:04
Posts: 629
Location: Gaffney South Carolina

yuhsin91123 wrote:
Yea I took them at the different day. And yes the MT03 is a super good flood light. MT03 is 5700k and MT09R is stock NW emitter. I will take pics on the same time maybe tomorrow night

 

Those stock NW emitters are 5000k 75CRI

He Said She Said Sales

Skype Terrywhite1@live.com

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states
Haikelite USA Official wrote:

yuhsin91123 wrote:
Yea I took them at the different day. And yes the MT03 is a super good flood light. MT03 is 5700k and MT09R is stock NW emitter. I will take pics on the same time maybe tomorrow night

 


Those stock NW emitters are 5000k 75CRI

You are correct. His mt03 have an upgraded led, so 5700k.

NOT Haikelite U...
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 19:04
Posts: 629
Location: Gaffney South Carolina

Hey guys I sold the MT09R 35 high CW White(Silver)

 

I normally always take Sunday off but I knew I had one more 35 high and all I needed to do was install TA's driver so I now have only 1 35 high left.

Black and even though the box is not marked for some odd reason I can just about bet the emitters are CW. 6400 lumen in my tube using 30q's

 

I am about to process the order for the white one and I will add this black one to the stores inventory when I do and at the same price.

 

Thanks for all of the support and please keep the pictures coming. love seeing them... That MT03 is 100 percent flood and extremely bright. I just like the extra distance from the 90R...

 

He Said She Said Sales

Skype Terrywhite1@live.com

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1968
Location: US

BlueSwordM wrote:
Can it handle the power level of the MT09R though?

At 96% optical efficiency, it is going to be taking(0,04*19 000 lumens), it will be taking away 760 lumens, which isn’t insignificant. Can it handle the heat? Or am I wrong?

I don’t have any issues with my DC-Fix handling the heat and I love to go repeated turbo.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states

SKV89 wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Can it handle the power level of the MT09R though?

At 96% optical efficiency, it is going to be taking(0,04*19 000 lumens), it will be taking away 760 lumens, which isn’t insignificant. Can it handle the heat? Or am I wrong?

I don’t have any issues with my DC-Fix handling the heat and I love to go repeated turbo.

I have a palight Boss1 with the xpl dedome.. it have ring around the corona and do you think dc fix will eliminate?

1_BDB7879-60_CA-4_A05-8_E19-008_F987_E6_A28
image post

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1968
Location: US

DC-Fix is not recommended for dedicated throwers since you want max concentrated hotspot, whereas DC-Fix will diffuse the beam. With that said, however, I think I remember reading someone saying you can cut a donut ring with the DC-FIX so it doesn’t affect the hotspot. I have no idea whether that works.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states
SKV89 wrote:
DC-Fix is not recommended for dedicated throwers since you want max concentrated hotspot, whereas DC-Fix will diffuse the beam. With that said, however, I think I remember reading someone saying you can cut a donut ring with the DC-FIX so it doesn’t affect the hotspot. I have no idea whether that works.

Ok. Just curious.. having a ring is good, atleast in this light.. it got a highest intensity.. anyhow..

NOT Haikelite U...
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 19:04
Posts: 629
Location: Gaffney South Carolina

Newlumen wrote:
Sorry to ask.. do you guys mop? I am looking to buy a good mop that works on wood floor and tile. I found some o cedar spin mop on youtube.. look like its a good mop.. what do you guys use? 5_A35279_E-_CF34-4_B2_B-8_AC1-_A240144566_FA
uploadimage

 

Wife has that... says it does a great job.

He Said She Said Sales

Skype Terrywhite1@live.com

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1913
Location: United states
Haikelite USA Official wrote:

Newlumen wrote:
Sorry to ask.. do you guys mop? I am looking to buy a good mop that works on wood floor and tile. I found some o cedar spin mop on youtube.. look like its a good mop.. what do you guys use? 5_A35279_E-_CF34-4_B2_B-8_AC1-_A240144566_FA
uploadimage

 


Wife has that… says it does a great job.

Nice.. i ordered two from amazon last night.. one for me and one for my parents..

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3822

Texas_Ace Mopping thread.

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 832

hIKARInoob wrote:
Texas_Ace Mopping thread.
I quite enjoy the various off-topic departures on BLF.

If this gets enough action, perhaps it will warrant a What did you mop today? thread! Big Smile

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1202
Location: Germany

Ah, finally crisp clear borders in the table of the manual for the Haikelite.
That bugged me for four days

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
joechina wrote:
Ah, finally crisp clear borders in the table of the manual for the Haikelite. That bugged me for four days

LOL, I know the feeling. Glad you got it figured out!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Ok, I think we just figured out the issue and the good news is it is semi-easily correctable.

The 4” only has an adapter that steps down to 2”, I need another adapter to step down to 1.5”. This adapter was the issue. After modifying it so it does not shroud the meter as much the readings are right in line with what I expected them to be at the start. I never would of guessed that little bit would make such a large difference.

So now to start building the 4” and hopefully finish those today and start shipping tomorrow.

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 832

Texas_Ace wrote:
So now to start building the 4” and hopefully finish those today and start shipping tomorrow.
Wrong thread? Someone’s been working on spheres a little too long. Big Smile
NOT Haikelite U...
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 19:04
Posts: 629
Location: Gaffney South Carolina

I just dropped the prices on my website a ton.. you may want to look before they are gone. I will need all the extra space when the SC26 units arrive so basically I am selling at cost. Better hurry if there is one you want.

 

Those units are basically at dealer cost... I am sure TA would be happy to verify that a MT09R35 high with his new driver already installed selling at the price I have it set at is at almost zero profit...

 

 

Scratch the 35 high... It's sold...

He Said She Said Sales

Skype Terrywhite1@live.com

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
goshdogit wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
So now to start building the 4” and hopefully finish those today and start shipping tomorrow.
Wrong thread? Someone’s been working on spheres a little too long. Big Smile

Yeah I just noticed this was in the wrong thread. You have no idea how happy I will be to have these spheres finished lol.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7886
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I am almost finished with the spheres, finally, and will be catching up on flashlight mods as soon as that is finished.

I have several lights here and several more coming. If everyone that has a flashlight they want me to mod could get in contact with me so we can finalize the order details that would be great. I will be placing what could be my last LED order for awhile tomorrow so I need to get all the components ordered.

I will also be discounting any extra LED’s I have left over here so I am not stuck with a bunch of LED’s I can’t use. First I need to see what the orders are for so I see what is left over.

Pages