Massive fraud on 18650s in the Littokala Aliexpress stores!

618 posts / 0 new
Last post
sesgum
sesgum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/01/2012 - 14:39
Posts: 1058
Location: New Jersey, US

Thank you for the heads up. Ordered 6 piece 30q

eas
eas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2014 - 18:53
Posts: 1329
Location: PNW

Ordered 2x Liitokala 26650 and 4x LG HG2 last night from the “factory store.” I’d intended to order from the “official store,” which I’ve bought from before. Probably exactly the same operation though. I guess I’ll see what I get in a few weeks.

.

manithree
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 01:08
Posts: 259
Location: Orem, UT

I’ve ordered from Liitokala a few times with no problems, and I just ordered 6× 30Qs. But my last order from them was placed in early January and still hasn’t arrived. I’m hoping this order arrives in a more timely manner. If it doesn’t, I’m done with them.

I would love to hear delivery time reports on these amazing 18650 deals.

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 1194
Location: Foley, MO

Only thing keeping me from ordering from Ali is the shipping. I don’t know if it’s the individual stores or what but, every time I order something through them it takes forever. I ordered a few things for the wife and two flashlights from a well known brand name official store on Ali back in March. Still have yet to see anything arrive and they keep extending protection for both sets of merchandise. It will be 3 months before any of it hits my door. With GB or BG it’s always been 2 to 3 weeks, 4 weeks tops, and thats not very often. If it’s longer it’s because of the shipping date which I know of before I purchase.

Hope you all get your cells in a timely fashion and that they are genuine. I’m sure they will be. Liitokala wouldn’t be in business very long passing off junk cells.

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 6773
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

looks like the internal resistance numbers are different in the specs so maybe they are just culling cells before making battery packs and don’t want to use a battery that they consider out of spec for their application . I saw one listing say 80 and another say 50 internal resistance . Like toddschoe says I doubt they are selling fakes or junk cells Liitokalas too big at this point for that and it’s too easy to make a new shop and sell trash from an account or company you’re willing to burn down .

καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

 

Anyone interested in Dc-Fix pm me.

Siftah
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 08:08
Posts: 82
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Siftah wrote:
Hmm, there’s;

https://liitokala.aliexpress.com/store/133859 https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4PCS-Liitokala-original-3-7V-IN...

4 for 12.55 eur

https://liitokala0fficial.aliexpress.com/store/725333 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Original-Battery-INR18650-30Q-3000m...

4 for 9.22 eur

One of them looks more official than the other…

Just bumping this… There are two stores named Liitokala, one is quite official looking, but the other called “Liitokala Official” uses a 0 in the word “official” and doesn’t look very official…

All those saying they’ve bought from Liitokala before with no problems, did you buy from the “Liitokala 0fficial” store or the “Liitokala” store?

jch10400
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 07/28/2016 - 06:38
Posts: 214
Location: California

About 6 months ago I purchased LG M26’s and Samsung 30q’s from the store I linked to in post #8, which has a different store number than both you have linked to. The batteries tested OK in my lii-500 when I got them, and I’ve had no problems with the 2 or 3 them I’ve used. Shipping was fast, and while the tracking number said the package was shipped from China the box I received had a California return address which made me think they ship in bulk to the US then split the batteries up into smaller packages.

manithree
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 01:08
Posts: 259
Location: Orem, UT

Siftah wrote:

Just bumping this… There are two stores named Liitokala, one is quite official looking, but the other called “Liitokala Official” uses a 0 in the word “official” and doesn’t look very official…

I think I found 6 Liitokala stores without trying very hard last time I looked.

Siftah wrote:
All those saying they’ve bought from Liitokala before with no problems, did you buy from the “Liitokala 0fficial” store or the “Liitokala” store?

My previous (satisfactory) orders were from the “Liitokala Official Flagship” store (133859). My January order was from the 0fficial store (217753). I think I’ll be avoiding them in the future.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3135
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain
WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 1570
Location: Canada

Siftah wrote:

There are two stores named Liitokala, one is quite official looking, but the other called “Liitokala Official” uses a 0 in the word “official” and doesn’t look very official…

Ouch! Okay, that doesn’t sound very promising. I’d be interested to know if that store turns out to be good. The deal does seem too good to be true.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3135
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

The “too good to be true” thing is just a thoughtform which, if emotionally energized and embraced as a belief, will more than probably prevent you from enjoying killer and or super deals. I personally don't believe in it, and thus don't suffer from its limitations.

Believe wisely my friends. 

 

Cheers Party

UDO
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 14:10
Posts: 223
Location: Slovenia

These liitokala 26650 look great for my e-bike project (14S2P config). I have some experience with soldering these together, but I am too lazy (or scared) to solder 28 cells. But tabbed cells have almost the same price, so I will just get these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3PCS-Liitokala-26650-rechargeable-batter... Is there any cycle life specs for these 26650 or for yellow LiitoKala Lii-40A?

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3135
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

UDO wrote:
… Is there any cycle life specs for these 26650 or for yellow LiitoKala Lii-40A?

3.6V/3.7V 5000mAh NiCoMn(NCM) Battery Cell For EVs @ Power Long Battery

“A bit” exaggerated I'd say. 

 

Cheers Party

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4692
Location: Far East

tatasal wrote:
Weird…I just tried 2 × 6pcs. 30q cells, paid via Paypal, addressed to the USA but PP says “PP payment failed”

I chatted with customer service and she says some dealers don’t have PP even when the PP logo in their product page.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Original-Battery-INR18650-30Q-3000m…

Has anyone paid with PP?

Well, the seller has given me a new Paypal account, so the next question is: can anyone here vouch or had any first-hand experience as to the authenticity of these 30qs?

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 1570
Location: Canada

tatasal wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Weird…I just tried 2 × 6pcs. 30q cells, paid via Paypal, addressed to the USA but PP says “PP payment failed”

I chatted with customer service and she says some dealers don’t have PP even when the PP logo in their product page.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Original-Battery-INR18650-30Q-3000m…

Has anyone paid with PP?

Well, the seller has given me a new Paypal account, so the next question is: can anyone here vouch or had any first-hand experience as to the authenticity of these 30qs?

Why not just sign up for Alipay? I know it’s not as good as Paypal, but at least you’re not messing around with alternative addresses for payment. But if you do use Paypal, make sure it’s a proper payment to a merchant, and not a personal payment.

Azza
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/24/2018 - 18:40
Posts: 44
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Why not just sign up for Alipay? I know it’s not as good as Paypal, but at least you’re not messing around with alternative addresses for payment. But if you do use Paypal, make sure it’s a proper payment to a merchant, and not a personal payment.

EXCELLENT advice!

ActiveAl
ActiveAl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2018 - 03:14
Posts: 364
Location: Central Florida

BlueSwordM, thanks for the heads up and link! Ordered six of the 30Qs from the LIItokala Factory Store.

jch10400
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 07/28/2016 - 06:38
Posts: 214
Location: California

The 6 LG HG2’s I ordered on May 9th from the Liitokala Official Store (letter O, not a zero) #217753 for $13.61 with free shipping arrived today. The batteries look like quality LG products, there are no obvious indications they are a rewrap or counterfeit. All 6 measured 3.62 volts out of the box. I’m leaving on a road trip tomorrow and charging some other batteries, but I did just put one on my lii-500 for a fast test cycle. If I get time I’ll post the results before I leave, if not then by the end of the week.

Edited to add the results of the test:

Used fast test cycle, 700mA setting
IR 35mR
Charge ended at 4.21V, 2941mAh

mmalive
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2017 - 16:56
Posts: 720
Location: Earth

Hey guys, are legit? Thinking of getting some 26650, 18650 for some future MODS. Want to make sure the are not dangerous “ bootleg “ versions. Please advise. Thanks.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4692
Location: Far East

WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
tatasal wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Weird…I just tried 2 × 6pcs. 30q cells, paid via Paypal, addressed to the USA but PP says “PP payment failed”

I chatted with customer service and she says some dealers don’t have PP even when the PP logo in their product page.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Original-Battery-INR18650-30Q-3000m…

Has anyone paid with PP?

Well, the seller has given me a new Paypal account, so the next question is: can anyone here vouch or had any first-hand experience as to the authenticity of these 30qs?

Why not just sign up for Alipay? I know it’s not as good as Paypal, but at least you’re not messing around with alternative addresses for payment. But if you do use Paypal, make sure it’s a proper payment to a merchant, and not a personal payment.

Credit card info/numbers are not given to the merchant, only to Paypal, then Paypal pays the merchant. Does Alipay do the same?

Btw, payment given whether to merchant or person’s PP account is still protected. (not as gift but as payment)

Actually, I am not concerned with the payment protection as either way we are protected, but I am more concerned with the authenticity of the cells for the price is already bordering on the ‘too-good-to-be-true’ side, shipping included at that.

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 1570
Location: Canada
tatasal wrote:
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
Why not just sign up for Alipay? I know it’s not as good as Paypal, but at least you’re not messing around with alternative addresses for payment. But if you do use Paypal, make sure it’s a proper payment to a merchant, and not a personal payment.

Credit card info/numbers are not given to the merchant, only to Paypal, then Paypal pays the merchant. Does Alipay do the same?

In theory, yes. Alipay holds your payment, and doesn’t release it to the seller until you receive your item.

However, since Ali is a Chinese company, I don’t consider it as safe as Paypal. I only use it because it seems safer than Paypal-ing an individual. And, it’s free, whereas I think the sellers on Ali charge you to use Paypal?

But if you’re covered the same way if you send the payment to an individual, and you don’t mind paying the extra couple of bucks, then it sounds like Paypal works fine. For this deal, I’d definitely want some security if the batteries turn out to be fake.

I don’t expect they’re fakes, but perhaps they’re bottom-tier cells that can’t be used in battery packs? There’s got to be a reason why they’re half the price they normally are.

CNCman
CNCman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 10:10
Posts: 237
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast

CNC & Manual Machinist. Think outside the box too long , cannot find your way back in.

Good Intentions are no guarantee for Good Results.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3135
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

CNCman wrote:
Those 30Q batteries say they weigh 45gr, the ones I ordered from IMR weighed 48gr. Be careful !!

In HKJ's test of the Samsung 30Q, 45.9g of cell wheight is reported.

 

Cheers Party

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3135
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32874708012.html

 

4-lobe cell tops?  Possible high chance of fake cells LoL. 

 

Cheers Smile

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1117
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY
CNCman wrote:
Those 30Q batteries say they weigh 45gr, the ones I ordered from IMR weighed 48gr. Be careful !!

Any battery that comes from AE: Be careful !!
I’ve had a lot of luck so far, no fake ones.

For information purposes only
Just weighed on my scale

30Q raised flat top from BG (https://www.banggood.com/4PCS-Samsung-INR18650-30Q-3000mAh-Unprotected-Button-Top-18650-Battery-With-Protected-box-p-1184782.html ): 47.0g

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1117
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY
Barkuti wrote:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32874708012.html


 



4-lobe cell tops?  Possible high chance of fake cells LoL. 


 


Cheers Smile

OMG!!

You’re right!

Massive fake

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 2270
Location: Canada

Oooh this is bad…

Hopefully the cells are not fake though, and the store isn’t fake too. If someone has a constant current tester, we can test both its capacity and current handling.

CNCman
CNCman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 10:10
Posts: 237
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast

CNC & Manual Machinist. Think outside the box too long , cannot find your way back in.

Good Intentions are no guarantee for Good Results.

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 1570
Location: Canada
Barkuti wrote:

4-lobe cell tops? Possible high chance of fake cells LoL. 

Heh, good catch! Maybe the picture is of a fake, and the cells are real? Yeah, okay, maybe not….

Has anyone got cells from them recently, and checked to make sure they’re not an obvious fake like that?

GreenLights
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 01/22/2018 - 00:56
Posts: 129
Location: USA

I think it is just going to be a gamble for all of us. We’ve ordered from Official/0fficial/Factory Store, etc. You can’t win if you don’t play. I guess we’ll just find out in a few weeks when people start posting back here with their results.

Just discovered this wonderful addiction.

Pages