Xiaomi FZ101 Portable Zoom Flashlight - (closed)

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
fedcas
fedcas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/26/2013 - 19:42
Posts: 270
Location: Italy

thought it worked also as a powerbank, like the older model:

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1192375.html?wid=1433363
too bad, it would have been an interesting feature. Also bad choice for the cell and the price seems way too high…

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3111
Location: California

Interested.

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4336
Location: San Diego, CA

Subbed

The low mode should be lower.

Reviews: Efan IMR18350 700mAh 10.5A, <a href="http://

Klotski
Klotski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 23:03
Posts: 198
Location: Minnesota USA

Interested, depends on $

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3859
Location: Vancouver, Canada

fedcas wrote:
thought it worked also as a powerbank, like the older model:

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1192375.html?wid=1433363
too bad, it would have been an interesting feature. Also bad choice for the cell and the price seems way too high…


It does…
xxx
xxx's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 03/17/2013 - 08:20
Posts: 389

Find video about FZ101

Also, fan of xiaomi products here

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3859
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Just received mine, might make a review later on.
First impressions:

Flood mode gives the typical even brightness that zoomies do, however it is slightly smaller than my led lenser p5r.2 which is about 60 degrees when fully zoomed out.
In spot it also doesn’t zoom as tight as the led lenser, with a bigger corona around the square die image.
Edges have a significantly yellow tint, while the led lenser is almost all pure white.

UI sucks, there are 4 modes then strobe and sos or blink and you need to cycle through all of them.
To turn on and off you need to hold the button down for like two seconds.
At least it has memory so you can just leave it on high and not have to see strobe when you want to turn it off.

I wish the host was just a few mms bigger diameter to fit 26650 cells, since it is significantly thicker than 18650 size.
The build quality seems good though, nice finish on the outside and smooth one-handed zoom.
Will be fun to mod this thing.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1052
Location: Manila, Philippines

Enderman wrote:
Just received mine, might make a review later on.
First impressions:

Flood mode gives the typical even brightness that zoomies do, however it is slightly smaller than my led lenser p5r.2 which is about 60 degrees when fully zoomed out.
In spot it also doesn’t zoom as tight as the led lenser, with a bigger corona around the square die image.
Edges have a significantly yellow tint, while the led lenser is almost all pure white.

UI sucks, there are 4 modes then strobe and sos or blink and you need to cycle through all of them.
To turn on and off you need to hold the button down for like two seconds.
At least it has memory so you can just leave it on high and not have to see strobe when you want to turn it off.

I wish the host was just a few mms bigger diameter to fit 26650 cells, since it is significantly thicker than 18650 size.
The build quality seems good though, nice finish on the outside and smooth one-handed zoom.
Will be fun to mod this thing.

Does it also work as a power bank? What kind of input/output (type-C) and how many amps max charging current and output current?

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3859
Location: Vancouver, Canada

d_t_a wrote:

Does it also work as a power bank? What kind of input/output (type-C) and how many amps max charging current and output current?

Yeah it’s also a power bank, I will have to test it more to figure out the charging current and stuff like that.
atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5760
Location: Long Island, New York

Enderman wrote:
Just received mine, might make a review later on.
te.

UI sucks, there are 4 modes then strobe and sos or blink and you need to cycle through all of them.

I just lost my interest.

LightObsession
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 00:15
Posts: 105
Location: Illinois, U.S.

Thanks for the information.

Enderman wrote:
Just received mine, might make a review later on.
First impressions:

UI sucks, there are 4 modes then strobe and sos or blink and you need to cycle through all of them.
To turn on and off you need to hold the button down for like two seconds.
At least it has memory so you can just leave it on high and not have to see strobe when you want to turn it off.

Sounds like a bummer UI.

So, if you turn it off in High, turn it back on in High and then change modes, it goes to strobe? I really dislike having to go through blinky modes to get back to low.

Is there any way to directly access low from off?

I like the form factor of the light, but am not sure that I could tolerate the UI.

Also, are there any pocket clips that would work for this light? If I were to buy it, I would want to carry it clipped inside my back pocket.

I’m also considering the Wowtac A3S, but the 34mm diameter of it’s head deters me from having already bought it.

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3859
Location: Vancouver, Canada

LightObsession wrote:
Thanks for the information.

Sounds like a bummer UI.

So, if you turn it off in High, turn it back on in High and then change modes, it goes to strobe? I really dislike having to go through blinky modes to get back to low.

Yeah, always has to go through strobe Sad
No pocket clip.

Pages