ENEDED

303 posts / 0 new
Last post
g_damian
g_damian's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 06:52
Posts: 457

Got mine. Unfortunately DOA: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/61852

AgentWhiteBread
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 04/18/2018 - 21:00
Posts: 95
Location: Kansas

If I could get a code for the AT40 nichia?

Please and thank you!

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7793

With the sudden surge in demand, QC issue can arise from smaller manufacturers is inevitable. If you got a DOA, just contact customer service for full refund.

g_damian wrote:
Got mine. Unfortunately DOA

©freemex1thedeals.com

bansuri
Online
Last seen: 1 min 51 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 425
Location: Land of Lincoln

Ugh, jelly from all who’ve received theirs. Mine is stuck at this: 2018-07-22 11:26 Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

I DO appreciate all your comments and pictures though!

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3616

Got mine today.

The good:
-Much better build quality than expected
-Decent output and lots of room for modding
-Nothing is glued (except for driver)
-The clip is extremely solid
-Aluminum pill does an good job, but this light is not ready for some FET action. I’ll be keeping the stock driver.

The bad:
-Rear switch doesn’t have a spring but a brass plate that is very thin and rather large in diameter, so if you’re using batteries that are wrapped a bit more towards the center or have double wrapping it won’t work. Maybe this is why many are reporting DOA units. Fortunately that can be fixed with a spring but you’ll have to take the light apart.
-Front oring needs to be thicker

For those who can’t remove the tail cap, it’s most likely the clip that is pressing against the body. Just take off the clip and you’re good.

Overall a very nice flashlight and great value for the money. I’m modding mine soon and post the outcome here.

pinkpanda3310
pinkpanda3310's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 12/28/2013 - 08:45
Posts: 2124
Location: Perth

I wondered what was going on with my light last night. Turned out to be low voltage warning. Last night I checked the battery and it seemed to kick in the warning (on high mode) about 3.6v. Today at work I played with it again and the frequency of the dimming seems to have increased as the voltage gets lower. I don’t know if the light will shut off at some point and am reluctant to run the battery down to find out as it is unprotected and I have no multimeter or charger to check the battery voltage.

Low the voltage higher the frequency

Edit: when I was able to check battery voltage I kept running the light. Voltage got down to 2.7v with no shut down.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Interesting…. thanks pinkpanda3310!! Thumbs Up
Good video & good music…… Beer

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Cereal_killer
Cereal_killer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 07/22/2013 - 13:10
Posts: 3888
Location: Ohio

will34 wrote:

-Aluminum pill does an good job, but this light is not ready for some FET action. I’ll be keeping the stock driver.

Thanks for the disassembled view, can you easily get a photo of the pill / what’s under the MCPCB.

 RIP  SPC Joey Riley, KIA 11/24/14. Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

ErgonHilux
ErgonHilux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 11:49
Posts: 9
Location: Philippines

HELP!
I just got my Amutorch AT40 Nichia from the mail and its DOA! It is Not working… Can somebody tell me what can possibly be wrong with it? I’ve searched the internet and it seems to have some problems and I just can’t get it to light up… Sad Thanks in advance!!!

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15810
Location: Amsterdam

ErgonHilux wrote:
HELP!
I just got my Amutorch AT40 Nichia from the mail and its DOA! It is Not working… Can somebody tell me what can possibly be wrong with it? I’ve searched the internet and it seems to have some problems and I just can’t get it to light up… Sad Thanks in advance!!!

It is DOA is always a very difficult question to answer. It helps enormously if you start by checking the obvious yourself first (like does the battery make contact on both sides)
teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

ErgonHilux wrote:
HELP!
I just got my Amutorch AT40 Nichia from the mail and its DOA! It is Not working… Can somebody tell me what can possibly be wrong with it? I’ve searched the internet and it seems to have some problems and I just can’t get it to light up… Sad Thanks in advance!!!
As dojzz said… check battery connections. Especially at the rear switch.
See the quoted post below for more info.
.
.

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1363337#comment-1363337
Thu, 08/09/2018 – 09:15………. #247

will34 wrote:
Got mine today.

The good:
-Much better build quality than expected
-Decent output and lots of room for modding
-Nothing is glued (except for driver)
-The clip is extremely solid
-Aluminum pill does an good job, but this light is not ready for some FET action. I’ll be keeping the stock driver.

The bad:

  • -Rear switch doesn’t have a spring but a brass plate that is very thin and rather large in diameter, so if you’re using batteries that are wrapped a bit more towards the center or have double wrapping it won’t work. Maybe this is why many are reporting DOA units. Fortunately that can be fixed with a spring but you’ll have to take the light apart.

-Front oring needs to be thicker

For those who can’t remove the tail cap, it’s most likely the clip that is pressing against the body. Just take off the clip and you’re good.

Overall a very nice flashlight and great value for the money. I’m modding mine soon and post the outcome here.


You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

ErgonHilux
ErgonHilux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 11:49
Posts: 9
Location: Philippines

teacher wrote:
ErgonHilux wrote:
HELP!
I just got my Amutorch AT40 Nichia from the mail and its DOA! It is Not working… Can somebody tell me what can possibly be wrong with it? I’ve searched the internet and it seems to have some problems and I just can’t get it to light up… Sad Thanks in advance!!!
As dojzz said… check battery connections. Especially at the rear switch.
See the quoted post below for more info.
.
.

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1363337#comment-1363337
Thu, 08/09/2018 – 09:15………. #247

will34 wrote:
Got mine today.

The good:
-Much better build quality than expected
-Decent output and lots of room for modding
-Nothing is glued (except for driver)
-The clip is extremely solid
-Aluminum pill does an good job, but this light is not ready for some FET action. I’ll be keeping the stock driver.

The bad:

  • -Rear switch doesn’t have a spring but a brass plate that is very thin and rather large in diameter, so if you’re using batteries that are wrapped a bit more towards the center or have double wrapping it won’t work. Maybe this is why many are reporting DOA units. Fortunately that can be fixed with a spring but you’ll have to take the light apart.

-Front oring needs to be thicker

For those who can’t remove the tail cap, it’s most likely the clip that is pressing against the body. Just take off the clip and you’re good.

Overall a very nice flashlight and great value for the money. I’m modding mine soon and post the outcome here.


Yes, I’ve checked and both positive and specially the negative on the tail do have contacts. I’ve also checked to see if the battery is working and it is working.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Darn… was hoping that would be it. Sad … Have you got voltage to the LED’s?

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Are all the ‘extras’ in the picture below supposed to be included in the box?
Mine only had 2 O’rings & a switch cover… nothing else.


.
It arrived DOA also. Facepalm . Oh well…. Wink

I have not had a chance to check it out yet, besides the battery making proper contact…. it is too. Hopefully today I can check it out further.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Unloco
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 16:17
Posts: 250
teacher wrote:
… Mine only had 2 O’rings & a switch cover… nothing else. …

Mine too.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Unloco wrote:
teacher wrote:

Mine only had 2 O’rings & a switch cover… nothing else.
Mine too.
Hmmm… Ok, thanks for that info. Thumbs Up

Did yours work?? If so you are ahead of me…… Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5351
Location: Canada

I’m quite dissapointed by its build quality along with the lack of using R9050 Nichia 219Cs.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\…. Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7793

I got mine from Amutorch direct. I didn't know they packed differently for their resellers.

 

@will34 suspect it is the tailcap switch giving the problem. See if you are able to power up the light by connecting the tube and battery cathode with a wire?

teacher wrote:
Are all the _'extras'_ in the picture below supposed to be included in the box? Mine only had 2 O'rings & a switch cover... _nothing else_. !{width:100%}https://freedailydeals.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/freedailydeals-201...! . It arrived DOA also. Facepalm . Oh well.... Wink I have not had a chance to check it out yet, besides the battery making proper contact.... it is too. Hopefully today I can check it out further.

©freemex1thedeals.com

Unloco
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 01/27/2018 - 16:17
Posts: 250

teacher wrote:
Unloco wrote:
teacher wrote:

Mine only had 2 O’rings & a switch cover… nothing else.
Mine too.
Hmmm… Ok, thanks for that info. Thumbs Up

Did yours work?? If so you are ahead of me…… Wink

Mine works fine.

According to the lock review, it does not work with long batteries.

Quote:
Using particularly long batteries, it will not be possible to completely screw the head, therefore the light would be unusable.

Edit: It doesn’t work with 30Q button top , this battery is too long.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Unloco wrote:
teacher wrote:
Unloco wrote:
teacher wrote:

Mine only had 2 O’rings & a switch cover… nothing else.
Mine too.
Hmmm… Ok, thanks for that info. Thumbs Up

Did yours work?? If so you are ahead of me…… Wink

Mine works fine.

According to the lock review, it does not work with long batteries.

Quote:
Using particularly long batteries, it will not be possible to completely screw the head, therefore the light would be unusable.

Edit: It doesn’t work with , this battery is too long.

Good, glad yours works. Thumbs Up .. Nice review you linked to also.
Sadly, long batteries are not my problem…. mine just does not work. Smile

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4075
Location: Portugal
teacher wrote:
Good, glad yours works. Thumbs Up .. Nice review you linked to also. Sadly, long batteries are not my problem…. mine just does not work. Smile

Can it be any connection on the top (head, driver, MCPCB), not the tail? Hope you can solve it and put back to work! Thumbs Up

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

MascaratumB wrote:
teacher wrote:
Good, glad yours works. Thumbs Up .. Nice review you linked to also.
Sadly, long batteries are not my problem…. mine just does not work. Smile
Can it be any connection on the top (head, driver, MCPCB), not the tail? Hope you can solve it and put back to work! Thumbs Up
Well… I took it apart, checked all the connections, gave it a good cleaning, put it back together, and it works just fine now.
Pretty neat light too…… Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4075
Location: Portugal
teacher wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
teacher wrote:
Good, glad yours works. Thumbs Up .. Nice review you linked to also. Sadly, long batteries are not my problem…. mine just does not work. Smile
Can it be any connection on the top (head, driver, MCPCB), not the tail? Hope you can solve it and put back to work! Thumbs Up
Well… I took it apart, checked all the connections, gave it a good cleaning, put it back together, and it works just fine now. Pretty neat light too…… Thumbs Up

Eheh, you know what they say: “from dusT till dawn” Big Smile Cool
I’m glad it works now Wink Hope you enjoy it mate Beer

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

MascaratumB wrote:
teacher wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
teacher wrote:
Good, glad yours works. Thumbs Up .. Nice review you linked to also.
Sadly, long batteries are not my problem…. mine just does not work. Smile
Can it be any connection on the top (head, driver, MCPCB), not the tail? Hope you can solve it and put back to work! Thumbs Up
Well… I took it apart, checked all the connections, gave it a good cleaning, put it back together, and it works just fine now.
Pretty neat light too…… Thumbs Up
Eheh, you know what they say: “from dusT till dawn” Big Smile Cool
I’m glad it works now Wink Hope you enjoy it mate Beer
Yep… that about sums it up. Wink
And thank you my friend… I am liking it pretty well. Thumbs Up . Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11554
Location: Houston Texas

SKV89 wrote:

I also saw an Amutorch 26650 version of the Sofirn C8F

I think you mean the Sofirn C8F is an 18650 version of the Amutorch 26650 which a “copy” the Shadow SL-3 which came out way back in 2012.

Pardon if this was already mentioned, I haven’t read the whole thread.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4075
Location: Portugal

JasonWW wrote:
SKV89 wrote:

I also saw an Amutorch 26650 version of the Sofirn C8F

I think you mean the Sofirn C8F is an 18650 version of the Amutorch 26650 which a “copy” the Shadow SL-3 which came out way back in 2012.

Pardon if this was already mentioned, I haven’t read the whole thread.

Amutorch and Shadow are the same company, just renamed Wink Maybe the similarities come from that Wink

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

nfetterly
nfetterly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 8 hours ago
Joined: 09/20/2015 - 09:09
Posts: 63
Location: Southern Ohio

Please pm me code, thanks in advance.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7793

Anyone still facing QC issue for this model? 

©freemex1thedeals.com

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7793

All replied. 

©freemex1thedeals.com

Pages