The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is coming! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw!

2296 posts / 0 new
Last post
Electrical Move...
Electrical Movements in the Dark's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 07/04/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 3
Location: Koblenz/Germany

filled for:
1 BLF GT 70 (CW)
1 additional lens

Thanks

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Newlumen wrote:
is the blf gt xhp70.2 will have texas avenger DTP MCPCB ??

Correct, it is the MCPCB I designed for them.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
mmalive wrote:
I would have gladly waited for the this 2nd release. The first release was NW with semi yellow tint. If the new version is CW I would have sprung for 4 of them. Making 4 new versions as opposed to 2 original NW and 2 updated versions. Pricing is not concern. Rather time of wait, potential damage during transit, etc…

Once the LED is found it should only be ~6 weeks until the light is ready is what they tell me since most of the parts are the same as the GT.

Damage in transit should not be a problem as they will not be forced to use registered mail and 2 separate packages this time around.

For the LED tint, we do not know yet. The XHP35 was supposed to be 5000k in the first GT but they were not available so we had to go with the 4000k.

There is a good possibility of 2 LED options this time around since the entire process is much more organized to start with but we still have to see what the options are before we will know for sure.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Electrical Movements in the Dark wrote:
Interested in a cw one. Does it come with two battery carriers or do I have to buy them separately?

Correct, it comes with carriers already, there is just the option to buy extras if you desire.

I have also confirmed that reflectors, Lenses and short tubes will be available as well but have not gotten pricing yet.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

teacher wrote:
TA….. a question whenever you have time. No rush…

Is the Neutral White option going to actually be that as close as possible to Truly “Neutral White”…. without the yellow/orange tint.

Neutral White with little or no tint warm or cool. Thumbs Up

The neutral white was supposed to be 5000k the first time around but they were simply not available in a good bin so we went with the next best option.

The goal is 3D tint but we will see what can be found.

iosala
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2018 - 07:58
Posts: 29
Location: Romania

Fillef for:
XHP70.2 Conversion kit cool white
2 extra cell carriers
intrested in a reflector
yes for spare lens
yes for 30Q

Thank you!

vestureofblood
vestureofblood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 15:21
Posts: 1648
Location: Missouri

I posted links for this group buy in the video description as well as on my facebook page too Smile

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://asflashlights.com/ Everyday Carry Flashlights, plus Upgrades for Maglite.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
vestureofblood wrote:
I posted links for this group buy in the video description as well as on my facebook page too Smile

Great!

T18
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1034

Thank You TA.. !
I’ve placed my order and have received confirmation email with my order quantities,

Ordered:
2 Giggling Monsters,
2 conversion Kits
2 extra carriers

Poll questions, yes would like extra lenses and extra reflectors for sure, prefer a neutral tint.

This is absolutely the best way I’ve ever seen of handling things for a group buy, just fantastically brilliant.

Regarding getting the GT head apart, I discovered after breaking countless low budget rubber strap wrenches that by paying a bit more for my tools does pay off,
I got two of the following linked wrenches and taking the head apart was a snap,
I actually bought two of these and by placing one of the wrenches with the aluminum gripping teeth on the flat part of the light where the tripod screw mount hole is located it gave it all the grip you need at that point, then placed the second strap around the body of the head just below the bezel and that broke it loose at the switch section and the head section exposing the MCPCB, then just put the strap on the bezel and other strap on the head body and brake the bezel loose, very easy.

BOA BO13010 Constrictor Aluminum Strap Wrench

This strap wrench is very good and has plenty of rubber strap length, I really don’t think I’ll need to buy anymore strap wrenches anytime soon, they are very good.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7725
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

T18 wrote:
Thank You TA.. !
I’ve placed my order and have received confirmation email with my order quantities,

Ordered:
2 Giggling Monsters,
2 conversion Kits
2 extra carriers

Poll questions, yes would like extra lenses and extra reflectors for sure, prefer a neutral tint.

This is absolutely the best way I’ve ever seen of handling things for a group buy, just fantastically brilliant.

Regarding getting the GT head apart, I discovered after breaking countless low budget rubber strap wrenches that by paying a bit more for my tools does pay off,
I got two of the following linked wrenches and taking the head apart was a snap,
I actually bought two of these and by placing one of the wrenches with the aluminum gripping teeth on the flat part of the light where the tripod screw mount hole is located it gave it all the grip you need at that point, then placed the second strap around the body of the head just below the bezel and that broke it loose at the switch section and the head section exposing the MCPCB, then just put the strap on the bezel and other strap on the head body and brake the bezel loose, very easy.

BOA BO13010 Constrictor Aluminum Strap Wrench

This strap wrench is very good and has plenty of rubber strap length, I really don’t think I’ll need to buy anymore strap wrenches anytime soon, they are very good.

Thanks for the kind words, I can’t take credit for the idea of the sign up page though, that would be M4D M4X. I just put my spin on the idea.

Thanks for the link to the strap wrench, I think I will pick one of those up.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6338
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Texas_Ace wrote:
teacher wrote:
TA….. a question whenever you have time. No rush…

Is the Neutral White option going to actually be that as close as possible to Truly “Neutral White”…. without the yellow/orange tint.

Neutral White with little or no tint warm or cool. Thumbs Up

The neutral white was supposed to be 5000k the first time around but they were simply not available in a good bin so we went with the next best option.

The goal is 3D tint but we will see what can be found.

Yep… I remember that on the first go around, which is understandable for sure. Hopefully it will be different this time round. Thumbs Up

3D is OK…. as is 2A. 2D is, on the upper end of NW; also.
Hopefully a ‘good True NW bin’ will be avaiable. Wink

We’ll keep our fingers crossed…… Smile

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

mmalive
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2017 - 16:56
Posts: 527
Location: Earth

I would have bought 2 conversion kits for the original BLF GT release. But to remove head and risk of damage is primary issue. Not that easy on my 2. Is there anyone versed here to do for small fee? I prefer update to original release if cost effective and easy to do. Otherwise, I will just buy entire new BLF GT with CW tint.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6338
Location: NE & SW Alabama

mmalive wrote:
I would have bought 2 conversion kits for the original BLF GT release. But to remove head and risk of damage is primary issue. Not that easy on my 2. Is there anyone versed here to do for small fee? I prefer update to original release if cost effective and easy to do. Otherwise, I will just buy entire new BLF GT with CW tint.
Where do you live mmalive… no fee necessary.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

mmalive
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2017 - 16:56
Posts: 527
Location: Earth

teacher, So Cal. Thanks btw.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1034

Really do have a difficult time coming up with anything other than kind words for you TA but your quit welcome, you are most certainly one spectacular fella…

I’m also a member of M4D M4X’s site as well and yes he has made very good use of those Google forms in making his projects quit easy to participate in, but you also put a great spin on everything you touch IMHO,

And yes those strap wrenches I kid you not they are worth every penny,

I bought two of the GT’s and I could not get them apart, at least not without the very good possibility of damaging them, but once I got my hands on these wrenches it was unbelievably easy and it’s also a tool that I think will last a good long time as well,

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6338
Location: NE & SW Alabama

mmalive wrote:
teacher, So Cal. Thanks btw.
That’s a long way to ship brother, up to you though. Wink

If you have, or have access to a large vice; I can tell you how I removed my light engines pretty easily & with zero damage. I have done 4 of them… all from different batches.

Just let me know….. Thumbs Up

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

solRNY
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 03/27/2017 - 17:24
Posts: 178
Location: Syracuse, NY

In it for the conversion kit Wink

Maverick1947
Maverick1947's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 19:53
Posts: 103
Location: Brazil, São Paulo

Filled the form for a conversion kit. Any idea how long can it hold turbo before stepping down? Wonder if it’s possible to use the 35Es that came with my GT

There’s no replacement for displacement.

808Hi
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 04:30
Posts: 170
Location: Hawaii

Edited my google form to include a
BLF Giggle Monster and
2 more battery carriers.

Brainsick67
Brainsick67's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 18:53
Posts: 183
Location: United States

1 light CW

Sonofspectrum
Sonofspectrum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 01/02/2012 - 11:44
Posts: 183
Location: England

Filled out form for:

1 conversion kit

1 spare lens

Thanks

It's moments of madness that keep us sane.

Atom00
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2015 - 14:30
Posts: 17

Filled for:
1x BLF GT 70 (cool white)
2x cell carriers (i’m assuming there are 2 cell carriers included in the package. correct me if i’m wrong)

Question: Is it inclusive of the short body?

Kendo
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/08/2017 - 06:46
Posts: 22
Location: Australia

1 x gt70
1 x kit
8 x batteries

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 2713
Location: USA, Michigan
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
Lumintop should make just a complete head available so we can use our existing carriers and tubes. That would help keep the cost down a bit.
I was thinking of just the lower head, the light engine. Then your not paying for the expensive reflector, etc… and the shipping box would be much smaller and lighter.

Except 90% of the people won’t want to try and open up the light. I would just like a swapable head and not have to get out strap wrenches and struggle with it. Was hoping for the same thing with the BLF Lantern. Multiple battery tubes and carriers are redundant


What your saying ONLY makes sense if the head was much cheaper than the whole light. But that is not the case.

If a complete head is still 90% of the total price you would only be saving 10%. It makes more sense to have 2 complete lights then you don’t have to swap anything. Maybe you could even sell the tube and carriers.

Which is why I won’t be buying one if that’s the case. My $144 GT works just fine.

Kendo
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/08/2017 - 06:46
Posts: 22
Location: Australia

, 5700 or above

bullpupfan
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/27/2018 - 18:38
Posts: 24
Location: United States
RobertB wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
Lumintop should make just a complete head available so we can use our existing carriers and tubes. That would help keep the cost down a bit.
I was thinking of just the lower head, the light engine. Then your not paying for the expensive reflector, etc… and the shipping box would be much smaller and lighter.

Except 90% of the people won’t want to try and open up the light. I would just like a swapable head and not have to get out strap wrenches and struggle with it. Was hoping for the same thing with the BLF Lantern. Multiple battery tubes and carriers are redundant


What your saying ONLY makes sense if the head was much cheaper than the whole light. But that is not the case.

If a complete head is still 90% of the total price you would only be saving 10%. It makes more sense to have 2 complete lights then you don’t have to swap anything. Maybe you could even sell the tube and carriers.

Which is why I won’t be buying one if that’s the case. My $144 GT works just “fine”:https://i.imgur.com/D4a5RSb.jpg.

Dang I got into flashlights a few months too late – that’s one hell of a deal. How many do we need in this GB to get that pricing lol

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1760
Location: United states
bullpupfan wrote:
RobertB wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
RobertB wrote:
Lumintop should make just a complete head available so we can use our existing carriers and tubes. That would help keep the cost down a bit.
I was thinking of just the lower head, the light engine. Then your not paying for the expensive reflector, etc… and the shipping box would be much smaller and lighter.

Except 90% of the people won’t want to try and open up the light. I would just like a swapable head and not have to get out strap wrenches and struggle with it. Was hoping for the same thing with the BLF Lantern. Multiple battery tubes and carriers are redundant


What your saying ONLY makes sense if the head was much cheaper than the whole light. But that is not the case.

If a complete head is still 90% of the total price you would only be saving 10%. It makes more sense to have 2 complete lights then you don’t have to swap anything. Maybe you could even sell the tube and carriers.

Which is why I won’t be buying one if that’s the case. My $144 GT works just “fine”:https://i.imgur.com/D4a5RSb.jpg.

Dang I got into flashlights a few months too late – that’s one hell of a deal. How many do we need in this GB to get that pricing lol

1-50 lights = $250
51-100 lights = $240
101-200 lights = $230
201-300 lights = $225
301-400 lights = $220

jveneziano
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/15/2017 - 22:45
Posts: 7

filled for:
1 BLF GT 70
1 additional lens
1 additional reflector

Thanks

solRNY
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 03/27/2017 - 17:24
Posts: 178
Location: Syracuse, NY

can you get Lumintop to dome slice the xhp70 perfectly?

mmalive
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2017 - 16:56
Posts: 527
Location: Earth

teacher wrote:
mmalive wrote:
teacher, So Cal. Thanks btw.
That’s a long way to ship brother, up to you though. Wink

If you have, or have access to a large vice; I can tell you how I removed my light engines pretty easily & with zero damage. I have done 4 of them… all from different batches.

Just let me know….. Thumbs Up

Check PM.

Pages