The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

2810 posts / 0 new
Last post
teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

UserM4 wrote:

Didn’t realize how fast shipping was. It’s as if it traveled time!
Sorry I don’t know how to resize the image.

Yep….. DHL is fast. Thumbs Up

I ‘fixed’ the image for you….. Smile

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 91
Location: USA

Is there an anduril build available for the GT70?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
lexvegas wrote:
Is there an anduril build available for the GT70?

I don’t know actually. It uses the same driver setup as the MT09R, so firmware for that driver should also work on this one.

species8472
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/08/2017 - 04:06
Posts: 80
Location: Snowbelt, Pennsylvania

Just received message from DHL that the GT70 will be here in Pennsylvania on Thursday.  laughing

Maverick1947
Maverick1947's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 19:53
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil, São Paulo
Rockjunkie15 wrote:
lexvegas wrote:
Woo! My GT70 NW arrived in perfect condition! A bit cool of a CCT for me, but I have a spare 3000K 70.2 I can swap in at some point.

I would love to see a before and after de-dome on the stock xhp70.2 NW if your going to be swapping anyhow!


I would love to see that as well! Been on the fence about dedoming it for a while now due to the tint shift.

There’s no replacement for displacement.

td1042k
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/19/2017 - 22:34
Posts: 143
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

Anyone’s conversion kit ship out yet? Still at “wait for shipping” status on mine.

Ultrafire C12 XHP70 2S 18650 Mtn Elec 6V Zener mod driver (super donut beam!)
Ultrafire C12 XPL-HI BLF-A6 FET driver
Convoy L6 Mtn Elec D4 UI driver, XHP70.2
Utorch UT02 NW
BLF Q8
BLF A6 NW
BLF GT XHP35
BLF GT (GT70 CONVERSION CW(SOON))
Skilhunt H03 NW
Astrolux MF02 NW
Astrolux MF01 XP-G3
Sofirn SF14
Sofirn SP32A
Emisar D4 XP-L HI CW
SK68 knockoff
Mini Mag Lite 2X AAA
Convoy M1 build (4X XPL 3V MCPCB, Mnt Elec FET driver)

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 91
Location: USA

Anyone have the original FW and fuse settings? I can confirm that the existing GT FW does not work well.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
td1042k wrote:
Anyone’s conversion kit ship out yet? Still at “wait for shipping” status on mine.

None of the conversion kits made it out before the Holiday in china. They should hopefully make it out next week if all goes well, although I would not be surprised if it was the week after that.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
lexvegas wrote:
Anyone have the original FW and fuse settings? I can confirm that the existing GT FW does not work well.

Nope, the stock firmware would not work well at all, completely different driver.

I posted the source code and driver designs in the firmware thread recently: 46mm Texas_Avenger LDO Driver for MT09R or GT70

Fate0n3
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/04/2013 - 12:36
Posts: 178
Location: US

Did you all have to pay extra for the DHL shipping through Lumintop? Or is it just their standard shipping?

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

td1042k wrote:
Anyone’s conversion kit ship out yet? Still at “wait for shipping” status on mine.
Nope… As was mentioned a few post ago, no conversion kits have shipped yet. Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Fate0n3 wrote:
Did you all have to pay extra for the DHL shipping through Lumintop? Or is it just their standard shipping?
For us here in the USA & for these large, somewhat expensive lights; it is “Standard Shipping”.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 86
Location: So.Cal

Just got mine delivered by DHL.

BTW, in case you purchased the 30Q batteries with your light, there is a sticker on negative/bottom end of each cell the needs to be peeled off before use.

I didn’t know about the sticker and I thought there was something wrong with my light for well over 2mins…….very stressful 2 minutes Silly

Enjoy!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Fate0n3 wrote:
Did you all have to pay extra for the DHL shipping through Lumintop? Or is it just their standard shipping?

That is part of the benefit of this group buy, you get the express shipping as the standard shipping method to most areas. Some of the more remote or more strict customs countries have to be shipped by other means though.

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 91
Location: USA

Thanks, TA! I should have backed up the flash…

Mr.Scott
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2016 - 00:26
Posts: 766

It is well packaged:


Out of the box:

Wait:

I have damage to the top edge at about 12:00 & 10:00. There is thread damage at about 8:00. (The white at 4:00 is just a piece of papertowel.)

If you look back at the 2nd and 3rd pictures above, now that you know to look for it, you can see some of this before it was taken out of the box.

Threads 1, 2 & 3 (from the top) have been damaged and (harder to see) thread 2 has a sharp point sticking up.


I don’t want to use this tube for fear of scratching the threads inside the head. (The head is far more expensive than a tube.) Fortunately I have a tube from the original BLF GT (not GT70) that I can use tonight.

To be clear – I’m not upset. Stuff happens. I have a battery tube so I can play now, and I’m sure LT will make things right after the holiday.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11534
Location: Houston Texas

I seriously doubt Lumintop will do anything about those threads. It looks like you can easily clean them up with a little file and they will be fine.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

liteupmynite
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2018 - 17:23
Posts: 74

My NW BLF GT70 was just delivered. Looks good so far. Charging supplied batteries. Will test drive it tonight. Smile

BTW, I'm surprised how fast it was shipped by DHL.

Also, just sold my original BLF GT yesterday Sad   But I still have the BLT GTvn Smile  It will be interesting to see how the BLF GT70 & GTvn compare.

Fate0n3
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/04/2013 - 12:36
Posts: 178
Location: US

How long did it take for them to ship the orders?

Also Texas Ace thank you big time for the response my friend about the shipping that is great to know about the very fast shipping. I keep going back and forth of getting a GT light but going to pull the trigger on picking it up in the AM.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Fate0n3 wrote:

How long did it take for them to ship the orders?
(snip)
Once DHL gets their hands on it you should have it in 2 or 3 days.
If you happen to live in a remote area of the Wind River Range, Elk City Idaho, or somewhere similar….. it might take a couple days longer. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Mr.Scott wrote:

It is well packaged:

Out of the box:

Wait:

I have damage to the top edge at about 12:00 & 10:00. There is thread damage at about 8:00. (The white at 4:00 is just a piece of papertowel.)

If you look back at the 2nd and 3rd pictures above, now that you know to look for it, you can see some of this before it was taken out of the box.

Threads 1, 2 & 3 (from the top) have been damaged and (harder to see) thread 2 has a sharp point sticking up.

I don’t want to use this tube for fear of scratching the threads inside the head. (The head is far more expensive than a tube.) Fortunately I have a tube from the original BLF GT (not GT70) that I can use tonight.

To be clear – I’m not upset. Stuff happens. I have a battery tube so I can play now, and I’m sure LT will make things right after the holiday.

JasonWW wrote:
I seriously doubt Lumintop will do anything about those threads. It looks like you can easily clean them up with a little file and they will be fine.
Maybe they will… maybe they won’t.
No need for contemplation though. Lumintop will have to answer the question.
Good luck Mr. Scott, hopefully LT will just send you another tube. . Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2070
Location: United states

I love blf gt so much.. Smile I might give one NW to my dad, since I already got one NW from TA.

381_ABD50-_C51_A-4_C25-8_E3_B-_EE0_EC422_C518

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 86
Location: So.Cal

Is there any estimation of battery life for the GT70 NW with 8 cells (30Q) installed?

Sorry if this has been covered before but Google did not come back with any useful hits.

I’m debating whether to buy a faster charger (I currently have the Nitecore D4 and I’m looking at a Nitecore I8) for my batteries and if the GT70 chews them up fast enough then that might give me the excuse to go ahead with a new charger. Smile

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2070
Location: United states
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11534
Location: Houston Texas

flashycali wrote:
Is there any estimation of battery life for the GT70 NW with 8 cells (30Q) installed?

Sorry if this has been covered before but Google did not come back with any useful hits.

I’m debating whether to buy a faster charger (I currently have the Nitecore D4 and I’m looking at a Nitecore I8) for my batteries and if the GT70 chews them up fast enough then that might give me the excuse to go ahead with a new charger. Smile


I don’t think there’s been any official run time tests with the GT70. With 150 brightness levels to give smooth ramping you probably need to switch to mode sets, pick a level and see how long it holds it. Maybe someone with 8 30Q can test this.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 86
Location: So.Cal

I thought about that too, run time for set level should be helpful in estimating run time for other levels.

JasonWW wrote:
flashycali wrote:
Is there any estimation of battery life for the GT70 NW with 8 cells (30Q) installed?

Sorry if this has been covered before but Google did not come back with any useful hits.

I’m debating whether to buy a faster charger (I currently have the Nitecore D4 and I’m looking at a Nitecore I8) for my batteries and if the GT70 chews them up fast enough then that might give me the excuse to go ahead with a new charger. Smile


I don’t think there’s been any official run time tests with the GT70. With 150 brightness levels to give smooth ramping you probably need to switch to mode sets, pick a level and see how long it holds it. Maybe someone with 8 30Q can test this.
UserM4
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 34

Just received my unit and charging all 8 batteries. w00t!

liteupmynite
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2018 - 17:23
Posts: 74

Dang, waiting for the batteries to charge is like watching water boil. Silly

UserM4 wrote:
Just received my unit and charging all 8 batteries. w00t!
flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 86
Location: So.Cal

Another question on batteries.

I know that I need to use matching cells within each 4X battery carrier and I ordered 8 30Q batteries with my GT 70 so I’m good to go.

I currently have a Nitecore D4 charger that only charge 4 cells at a time which means doubling the time needed to charge all 9 of the GT70’s batteries.

My question is if I don’t have time to charge both sets of 4 batteries and only charge one of the two battery sets, will it be safe to use both sets together with different charge state since they are connected in parallel?

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5324
Location: Canada

NOOOOOO

Never put cells in parallel in different charge states. That is really bad for the cells, as there is going to be a huge amount of current flowing only limited by the voltage difference and internal resistance of the cell, well above the maximum charging rate of 4A for the 30Qs.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Pages