The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is coming! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

2672 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 2941
Location: Austin, TX

Any mid-range beam shots?

Also, what are the lumens in the 80% mode? Full regulation there, right?

Eat Once a Day - Lose Weight - Feel Great!

www.omad.info

Mops1
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/28/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 23
Location: Germany , Duisburg

atbglenn wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
lawallac wrote:
I think the best charger is the Enova GyrFalcon. http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&pr...
This is the only 8 cell charger that I know of that charges up to 8 26650s, graphically shows cell status, can do 4.35V cells and Lipos as well as NiMH, and can charge all channels at 1A. This charger is given a very good rating by HJK. i8 will only charge 8 cells at 0.5A, has no graphic display, doesn’t do 4.35 or 3.6V lipos, will fit 4 26650s. HJK rating of acceptable.
I have the latest version of the GyrFalcon All-88. It’s by far my favorite out of the many I have.

That is actually a really nice looking charger. If I had it to do over again I think I would get that over 2× 4 bay chargers. Only advantage my 4 bay chargers have is the discharge testing.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 for testing my cells. It’s a great charger as well, especially for the price.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 too …but then i found this : SKYRC MC3000 , OK only 4bay but you can set nearly all parameters , charge – discharge and the values are displayed on the Charger – per Cable on your PC – or over Bluetooth on your Phone . For me one off the best …..

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 59 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5657
Location: Long Island, New York

Mops1 wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
lawallac wrote:
I think the best charger is the Enova GyrFalcon. http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&pr...
This is the only 8 cell charger that I know of that charges up to 8 26650s, graphically shows cell status, can do 4.35V cells and Lipos as well as NiMH, and can charge all channels at 1A. This charger is given a very good rating by HJK. i8 will only charge 8 cells at 0.5A, has no graphic display, doesn’t do 4.35 or 3.6V lipos, will fit 4 26650s. HJK rating of acceptable.
I have the latest version of the GyrFalcon All-88. It’s by far my favorite out of the many I have.

That is actually a really nice looking charger. If I had it to do over again I think I would get that over 2× 4 bay chargers. Only advantage my 4 bay chargers have is the discharge testing.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 for testing my cells. It’s a great charger as well, especially for the price.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 too …but then i found this : SKYRC MC3000 , OK only 4bay but you can set nearly all parameters , charge – discharge and the values are displayed on the Charger – per Cable on your PC – or over Bluetooth on your Phone . For me one off the best …..

I paid $15 for my Lii-500 without power supply vs close to $100 for the Skyrc MC3000. I’m sure the MC3000 is alot better. But for the price, you can’t beat the Lii-500.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7882
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Rusty Joe wrote:
Any mid-range beam shots?

Also, what are the lumens in the 80% mode? Full regulation there, right?

I think there are a few floating around but more should be posted over the coming weeks as people get their lights.

The top of the ramp on this light is around 50-60%, after that you have to go to turbo mode which is 100%. There is no regulation on these modes since it uses an FET for the high modes.

The normal GT has the 80% high mode and a regulated buck driver. Although the voltage overhead is not enough to allow full regulation in the high modes except with fairly full batteries (which is why we ditched the buck driver for this light that pulls about 4x as much power, there would of been no regulation anyways).

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 90
Location: USA

I have the 4-bay version of the Griffalcon charger from Mtn above, and I don’t really like it. Sure, it’s pretty, and when it works, it works, but the thing isn’t “set and forget” reliable. For example, when putting more fully-charged cells in, it will often read them as 4.2v and not charge them, and you have to disconnect and reconnect the cell multiple times to get them to read correctly. (verified actual voltage with my fluke) I really wish my nitecore i4 had a higher charging current.

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65
lexvegas wrote:
I have the 4-bay version of the Griffalcon charger from Mtn above, and I don’t really like it. Sure, it’s pretty, and when it works, it works, but the thing isn’t “set and forget” reliable. For example, when putting more fully-charged cells in, it will often read them as 4.2v and not charge them, and you have to disconnect and reconnect the cell multiple times to get them to read correctly. (verified actual voltage with my fluke) I really wish my nitecore i4 had a higher charging current.

+1 I have the same problem with my All-88 eight bay charger. Sometimes it takes several reconnects for it to get off of the 4.2v reading. Very irritating, but other than that, I really like the charger. Not the best charger for top offs. I also purchased mine from Richard. Wonder if it might be a batch thing or if they all act this way. I have so many chargers, I haven’t really looked into it. I mainly use it now to charge AA NiMH batts for my speedlites.

Mops1
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 10/28/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 23
Location: Germany , Duisburg

atbglenn wrote:
Mops1 wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
atbglenn wrote:
lawallac wrote:
I think the best charger is the Enova GyrFalcon. http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&pr...
This is the only 8 cell charger that I know of that charges up to 8 26650s, graphically shows cell status, can do 4.35V cells and Lipos as well as NiMH, and can charge all channels at 1A. This charger is given a very good rating by HJK. i8 will only charge 8 cells at 0.5A, has no graphic display, doesn’t do 4.35 or 3.6V lipos, will fit 4 26650s. HJK rating of acceptable.
I have the latest version of the GyrFalcon All-88. It’s by far my favorite out of the many I have.

That is actually a really nice looking charger. If I had it to do over again I think I would get that over 2× 4 bay chargers. Only advantage my 4 bay chargers have is the discharge testing.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 for testing my cells. It’s a great charger as well, especially for the price.

I have a LiitoKala Lii-500 too …but then i found this : SKYRC MC3000 , OK only 4bay but you can set nearly all parameters , charge – discharge and the values are displayed on the Charger – per Cable on your PC – or over Bluetooth on your Phone . For me one off the best …..

I paid $15 for my Lii-500 without power supply vs close to $100 for the Skyrc MC3000. I’m sure the MC3000 is alot better. But for the price, you can’t beat the Lii-500.

OK this is an argument …. but i spend so much money for my lamps ( 2 GT`s , 3 Conversion Kits and a little bit more ) so i decided 70€ on BG is OK ….. YOLO Smile

square74
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2014 - 03:13
Posts: 112
Location: Germany

Sorry, if I missed in last posts.

Are any converson Kits are shipped yet?
I got no info from DHL.

Thanks.

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 57 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6778
Location: NE & SW Alabama

square74 wrote:
Sorry, if I missed in last posts.

Are any converson Kits are shipped yet?
I got no info from DHL.

Thanks.

No verification that any have shipped AFAK. Don’t know if they will ship DHL either. Taking a ‘wild guess’ I’d say no.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

square74
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2014 - 03:13
Posts: 112
Location: Germany

teacher wrote:
square74 wrote:
Sorry, if I missed in last posts.

Are any converson Kits are shipped yet?
I got no info from DHL.

Thanks.

No verification that any have shipped AFAK. Don’t know if they will ship DHL either. Taking a ‘wild guess’ I’d say no.

Thanks a lot.
I´m waiting… Wink

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7882
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

The only update I have gotten since the holiday is they are working hard to get caught up on all the group buy orders this week. Generally I hear more so they must really be working hard on it.

square74
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2014 - 03:13
Posts: 112
Location: Germany

One question.
Is it possible to use anduril firmware with BLF GT Driver?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9011
Location: Houston Texas

square74 wrote:
One question.
Is it possible to use anduril firmware with BLF GT Driver?

The GT that is the Buck design? This is the GT70 thread so I wanted to clarify.

Your best bet is to ask ToyKeeper. She is the one that has the repository and created it (iirc).

I know Anduril can usually be flashed to the FET style drivers running NarsilM, but I don’t know about a buck driver.

It seems likely it could be made to work with the GT70, but it being 12v would require some custom coding. Same for 6v versions. I don’t think she has a 6v or 12v version right now.

I would ask her directly.

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9011
Location: Houston Texas

I just checked my notes, she does have a version of Anduril that will work with the original GT buck driver.

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

the4ds9
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/28/2017 - 17:06
Posts: 124

Batteries for my beloved Lumintop BLF GT70 NW, charging:

smokuxx1987
smokuxx1987's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 01/21/2017 - 18:23
Posts: 153
Location: Poland

Do we have any info about modyfication KIT.
Still no shipping….

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7882
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I just got an update last night actually. Forgot to post it this morning.

They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 57 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 6778
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\ .. Thanks for the update TA, no worries. . . Thumbs Up

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

       Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$    ||||

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

shirnask
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 623
Location: Louisiana

For those wanting a different NW emitter Kaidomain has these….XHP70.2 80CRI 4000k N2 bin

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65

Texas_Ace wrote:
I just got an update last night actually. Forgot to post it this morning.

They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

I have something from China shipped on Friday, delivering Monday. Don’t know what it is as it weighs more than the carriers I ordered and less than the GT70. I assume the weight is an estimate. Description is “sample of flashlight” like the first light, but who knows? I have absolutely no problem waiting to make sure the orders are correct, but would not mind waiting even longer if it meant we could get proper shipping / tracking info prior to delivery.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9011
Location: Houston Texas

OrangePeel wrote:
I have absolutely no problem waiting to make sure the orders are correct, but would not mind waiting even longer if it meant we could get proper shipping / tracking info prior to delivery.

How would that be possible if shipping takes 3 days and getting tge tracking info takes 6 days? You see the problem, right?

About all you can do is make sure Paypal has your current phone number and email so that maybe DHL will send you a text or email before delivery.

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1897
Location: United states

OrangePeel wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I just got an update last night actually. Forgot to post it this morning.

They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

I have something from China shipped on Friday, delivering Monday. Don’t know what it is as it weighs more than the carriers I ordered and less than the GT70. I assume the weight is an estimate. Description is “sample of flashlight” like the first light, but who knows? I have absolutely no problem waiting to make sure the orders are correct, but would not mind waiting even longer if it meant we could get proper shipping / tracking info prior to delivery.

It is possible. Neal ship my light on thursday ( china time ), and i received it on friday. Neal couldnt believe it..

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 65

Newlumen wrote:
OrangePeel wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I just got an update last night actually. Forgot to post it this morning.

They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

I have something from China shipped on Friday, delivering Monday. Don’t know what it is as it weighs more than the carriers I ordered and less than the GT70. I assume the weight is an estimate. Description is “sample of flashlight” like the first light, but who knows? I have absolutely no problem waiting to make sure the orders are correct, but would not mind waiting even longer if it meant we could get proper shipping / tracking info prior to delivery.

It is possible. Neal ship my light on thursday ( china time ), and i received it on friday. Neal couldnt believe it..

Did you purchase through Neal’s site or Lumintopinline? By the way, Neal is tops and really helped me out. Shipping from him was perfect in speed and tracking info.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1897
Location: United states

OrangePeel wrote:
Newlumen wrote:
OrangePeel wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I just got an update last night actually. Forgot to post it this morning.

They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

I have something from China shipped on Friday, delivering Monday. Don’t know what it is as it weighs more than the carriers I ordered and less than the GT70. I assume the weight is an estimate. Description is “sample of flashlight” like the first light, but who knows? I have absolutely no problem waiting to make sure the orders are correct, but would not mind waiting even longer if it meant we could get proper shipping / tracking info prior to delivery.

It is possible. Neal ship my light on thursday ( china time ), and i received it on friday. Neal couldnt believe it..

Did you purchase through Neal’s site or Lumintopinline? By the way, Neal is tops and really helped me out. Shipping from him was perfect in speed and tracking info.

Nealsgadgets. Dhl is super quick.. smaller package with the china post take 15 days.. yea i am happy with it.
Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1897
Location: United states

I think banggood start using DHL when shipping big lights to USA..

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7882
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
shirnask wrote:
For those wanting a different NW emitter Kaidomain has these….” XHP70.2 80CRI 4000k N2 bin”:http://kaidomain.com/Cree-XHP70_2-N2-5A-Neutral-White-4000K-CRI80-LED-Em...

I actually ordered a few of these and they came in the other day. I plan to use them in an MT09R so I can compare them to the 80CRI LED’s I have been using.

shirnask
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 623
Location: Louisiana
Texas_Ace wrote:
shirnask wrote:
For those wanting a different NW emitter Kaidomain has these….” XHP70.2 80CRI 4000k N2 bin”:http://kaidomain.com/Cree-XHP70_2-N2-5A-Neutral-White-4000K-CRI80-LED-Em...

I actually ordered a few of these and they came in the other day. I plan to use them in an MT09R so I can compare them to the 80CRI LED’s I have been using.

Let us know how they work out!

Fate0n3
Online
Last seen: 3 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 05/04/2013 - 12:36
Posts: 157
Location: US

You guys got some super fast shipping ordered mine thru Neal’s it shipped Thrusday. Hoping it is here tomorrow

Acebeam X70 – BLF GT70 – BLF Q8 – Acebeam X80GT – Acebeam X45 – Astrolux MF01 – Noctigon Meteor M43 – Thrunite TN36 Limited – Emisar D4S – Zebralight SC600 MK IV – Lumintop GT Mini – Olight S10 Baton – Olight SMINI Baton Ti – Mateminco X6S – Mateminco S03

square74
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2014 - 03:13
Posts: 112
Location: Germany

Quote:
They have most of the remaining GT70 and conversion kit orders packed but they need some time to sort out all the orders, they are worried about making mistakes on the shipping so they hope to get them shipped next week.

I would prefer this then them rush out the door and possibly have problems so I was not that upset about the delay.

That sounds great.

Hope both packages (conversion kit and batterie carriers) will be shipped.

My light is still waiting for upgrade…

I´m very late, but would it be possible to design a battery tube and carriers for 20700 / 21700 batteries.
Original tube is very thick-walled. So a thinner wall would maybe enable a bigger inner diameter of tube…

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 9011
Location: Houston Texas

square74 wrote:

I´m very late, but would it be possible to design a battery tube and carriers for 20700 / 21700 batteries.
Original tube is very thick-walled. So a thinner wall would maybe enable a bigger inner diameter of tube…

For 20700 cells you’d need to increase the inner diameter 5mm and 21700 would need 7mm. I don’t think there is any way they could do this without redesigning the lower head plus making a new battery tube, carriers and tail cap. I don’t see them doing this.

Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch, SMO reflector.

Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware, 2 x 26350 cells, lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

Thorfire S70S with MTN FET driver, RampingIOS (D4) and custom lighted side switch.

10 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT70, GT Mini, Astrolux S43 and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices - Headlight List with prices, specs and features

Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light Review  - Lumintop ODF30 Review - Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review, Sofirn SP33 v2 XHP50.2 Review - My Sofirn Q8 Results - Astrolux S43S 219C Test Results - Lumintop GT Mini Test Results

Pages