hello from China

73 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China
hello from China

Hello all BLF members, I'm Bruce from china, I love flashlight .I begun to collect flashlight since 2008 and have more than 150 pcs flashlights now. We have some flashlight forums in China, but it seems people there don't have the interest and passion any more, so I come to here. We also have many flashlight brands and manufacturers in china ,some make high quality products but expensive,some offer budget price but really low quality. I want to make some flashlight , offer both high quality and good price, any suggestion?

part of my collections

 

 

Flashaholic from China

Edited by: AWTACT on 07/09/2018 - 22:49
AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

I will show my collection here

Flashaholic from China

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 5956
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Welcome to BLF, AWTACT! If you want to make a good quality budget flashlight brand, take a look at Convoy brand. Simon is the owner and he has an AliExpress store. His brand is in China, his prices are reasonable, and his quality is excellent! He’s a member of this forum for several years, and everyone trusts him. There are other good quality budget flashlight makers who are members here also. Follow in their path(s) if you want to succeed. Wink

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 11005
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Please enjoy your time here, AWTACT!

116_milla

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 5956
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

In my opinion, the best place to start is with a compact general purpose light. I would recommend something the size of Eagle Eye X6 or Convoy C8 or Luckysun D80. Out of those three, I prefer the look of the Eagle Eye X6. The smooth, simple shape is pleasing to look at. Please don’t do anything with a tactical look.

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

DavidEF wrote:
Welcome to BLF, AWTACT! If you want to make a good quality budget flashlight brand, take a look at Convoy brand. Simon is the owner and he has an AliExpress store. His brand is in China, his prices are reasonable, and his quality is excellent! He’s a member of this forum for several years, and everyone trusts him. There are other good quality budget flashlight makers who are members here also. Follow in their path(s) if you want to succeed. Wink
Thanks! I know Convoy, We generally name convey“maoku” in China, you may ask simon the reason. I agree Convey offer good price but I don’t like their quality and design, I have 3 Convey.

Flashaholic from China

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

DavidEF wrote:
In my opinion, the best place to start is with a compact general purpose light. I would recommend something the size of Eagle Eye X6 or Convoy C8 or Luckysun D80. Out of those three, I prefer the look of the Eagle Eye X6. The smooth, simple shape is pleasing to look at. Please don’t do anything with a tactical look.

Thanks for your suggestion, I have some eagle eye.

Flashaholic from China

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3763

Hey how are you doing, and welcome to BLF! Party Me, I like Noctigon/Emisar a lot. Big Smile

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

hIKARInoob wrote:
Hey how are you doing, and welcome to BLF! Party Me, I like Noctigon/Emisar a lot. Big Smile

Thanks, I have a M43 and like it very much.

Flashaholic from China

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

raccoon city wrote:

Please enjoy your time here, AWTACT!


116_milla


Thanks, sure i enjoy here.

Flashaholic from China

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 51 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 1594
Location: Canada

Welcome to BLF AWTACT:)

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

T18 wrote:
Convoy ? What maoku, wool pants..? Hum, yes I’ve got a Chinese translator on my browser but I don’t think that sounds right but maybe Simon does like wool pants.. ha ha ha.. LOL
Welcome to BLF AWTACT,
What do you really think of Jaxman lights..?
Niubility ??

Haha, you know maoku! About Jaxman, Z1not bad,others just so so. Their products are not really niubility.

Flashaholic from China

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1296
Location: US

Welcome AWTACT! I’m guessing with so many high rise buildings and bright street lighting in China, there’s not much use for flashlights, therefore people are losing interest over there.

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 5956
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Wait, did you really say you don’t like Convoy quality? You’re the first person I’ve heard of not liking their quality. Would you tell what you don’t like about it?

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4451
Location: Far East

Hi Bruce, welcome to BLF !

As you said you have several lights already, perhaps the more appropriate question to ask is:

What brand do not own yet? Beer

Niko
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 7 min ago
Joined: 02/08/2018 - 09:55
Posts: 96
Location: inside flashlight

Welcome to blf.
What is your opinion which light is best budget and quality in same time?

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 671
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Welcome to BLF AWTACT! More than 150 flashlights, WOW!

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

ActiveAl
ActiveAl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2018 - 03:14
Posts: 233
Location: Central Florida

AWTACT wrote:
 I want to make some flashlight , offer both high quality and good price, any suggestion?

AWTACT, Welcome aboard!.

 

What do you mean when you say you want to make flashlights? Are you associated with a manufacturing company that can design and mass produce flashlights? Or Is it just a small business making custom flashlights that your'e proposing? Thanks.

 

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

ActiveAl wrote:

AWTACT wrote:
 I want to make some flashlight , offer both high quality and good price, any suggestion?

AWTACT, Welcome aboard!.


 


What do you mean when you say you want to make flashlights? Are you associated with a manufacturing company that can design and mass produce flashlights? Or Is it just a small business making custom flashlights that your’e proposing? Thanks.


 


Thanks. In fact, I have a CNC factory for years, I will hire 2 or 3 engineer for R&D.

Flashaholic from China

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

tatasal wrote:
Hi Bruce, welcome to BLF !

As you said you have several lights already, perhaps the more appropriate question to ask is:

What brand do not own yet? Beer

Thanks! Most of my collection are Chinese brands.

Flashaholic from China

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

DavidEF wrote:
Wait, did you really say you don’t like Convoy quality? You’re the first person I’ve heard of not liking their quality. Would you tell what you don’t like about it?

Yes,maybe it improve in these years. My convey was bought in 2012. I will buy a new to check.

Flashaholic from China

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1296
Location: US

AWTACT wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Hi Bruce, welcome to BLF !

As you said you have several lights already, perhaps the more appropriate question to ask is:

What brand do not own yet? Beer

Thanks! Most of my collection are Chinese brands.

The majority of the lights we buy here are Chinese brands too but of course there are some good modders on this forum that spices up these lights and many products here are also shaped by input from this forum like the BLF GT. There’s just too little profit in the flashlight hobby business for American companies like Maglite or Duracell to venture into.

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

SKV89 wrote:
AWTACT wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Hi Bruce, welcome to BLF !

As you said you have several lights already, perhaps the more appropriate question to ask is:

What brand do not own yet? Beer

Thanks! Most of my collection are Chinese brands.

The majority of the lights we buy here are Chinese brands too but of course there are some good modders on this forum that spices up these lights and many products here are also shaped by input from this forum like the BLF GT. There’s just too little profit in the flashlight hobby business for American companies like Maglite or Duracell to venture into.


I will give away some of my collection

Flashaholic from China

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

Niko wrote:
Welcome to blf.
What is your opinion which light is best budget and quality in same time?

Thanks. Wowtac IMO, seems made by thrunite?

Flashaholic from China

seery
Online
Last seen: 1 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 12/23/2015 - 12:31
Posts: 178
Location: At the bottom of a hill

Hello and welcome aboard!

And add me to the list…I’d love to see a picture of your collection.

AWTACT
AWTACT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2018 - 05:39
Posts: 58
Location: China

seery wrote:
Hello and welcome aboard!

And add me to the list…I’d love to see a picture of your collection.


Thanks. I will giveaway some of my collection.

Flashaholic from China

Niko
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 7 min ago
Joined: 02/08/2018 - 09:55
Posts: 96
Location: inside flashlight

..Wowtact is behing Convoy.
Convoy is not advanced (i’m tired of convoy njang drivers, still copy c8…)
show us your collection please.

ActiveAl
ActiveAl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2018 - 03:14
Posts: 233
Location: Central Florida

AWTACT wrote:
ActiveAl wrote:

AWTACT wrote:
 I want to make some flashlight , offer both high quality and good price, any suggestion?

AWTACT, Welcome aboard!.

 

What do you mean when you say you want to make flashlights? Are you associated with a manufacturing company that can design and mass produce flashlights? Or Is it just a small business making custom flashlights that your'e proposing? Thanks.

 

Thanks. In fact, I have a CNC factory for years, I will hire 2 or 3 engineer for R&D.

 

I wish you well in your new endeavor, AWTACT!

 

What are you making in your CNC factory now? Thanks.

steel_1024
steel_1024's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2016 - 14:06
Posts: 437
Location: Taiwan
AWTACT wrote:
T18 wrote:
Convoy ? What maoku, wool pants..? Hum, yes I’ve got a Chinese translator on my browser but I don’t think that sounds right but maybe Simon does like wool pants.. ha ha ha.. LOL Welcome to BLF AWTACT, What do you really think of Jaxman lights..? Niubility ??
Haha, you know maoku! About Jaxman, Z1not bad,others just so so. Their products are not really niubility.

Convoy=maoku=毛裤=Wool pants

Big Smile

Sorry for my poor english.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 998

AWTACT wrote:
T18 wrote:
Convoy ? What maoku, wool pants..? Hum, yes I’ve got a Chinese translator on my browser but I don’t think that sounds right but maybe Simon does like wool pants.. ha ha ha.. LOL
Welcome to BLF AWTACT,
What do you really think of Jaxman lights..?
Niubility ??

Haha, you know maoku! About Jaxman, Z1not bad,others just so so. Their products are not really niubility.

I thought that might make you laugh, I was wondering about your post on Jaxman thread about niubility, I understand that as well and can be understood different ways, Chinglish confusions,
I like the owner of Jaxman very much and he has done me many good favors over the years but has a hard head sometimes, doesn’t like to have suggestion to much but sometimes he will listen,
I have all of his lights going back many years and yes Z1 is probably the best he ever designed and manufactured, next I like X1 and I always suggested to him to go with XHP35 in the X1 and he refused but finally he did X1S, I have the first one he sold, it was really bad then but much better now.
Welcome again to BLF, Chinese are great friends to BLF and help us a lot with manufacturing our designs.

Edit: Have you seen the BLF GT that our members designed and Lumintop manufactured for our group?
This is the support thread but it will give you an idea of what our members design, this is one heck of a light, BLF Support

Lick
Lick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 10/19/2015 - 14:53
Posts: 155

Welcome OP! We usually have sellers from China, not as many people interested in the flashlights! Welcome to BLF!

Pages