nitecore TM10K

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 6428
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)
nitecore TM10K

found this on nitecore Facebook page:  Link

 

square design like concept 2

6 emitters

dual button interface

 

 

looks interesting.   

find all available items in this list

i launched my new blog - all deals for members without MAP B$ Wink

find a short description about my idea here

 

if you want to buy a flashlight or battery for a better price: just send a mail - i will try to save you money!

Edited by: M4D M4X on 08/06/2018 - 06:05
raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 11160
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

The image on that web page is quite small, but I believe it says...

10,000 Lumens!!

:THUMBS-UP:

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 2781
Location: California

Love it. Get a gb started please

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 2781
Location: California

Surprise no love for this new light. It reminds me of the the fenix light ld50 that is a dual emitter. Always wanted it but too expensive. I like the rectangle shape and seems so pocket friendly.

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 292
Location: Ontario, Canada

What cells are inside this thing?

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1459
Location: US

I like the rectangle shape as it is more space efficient for multi-cell lights. Would love to see a GB for this.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 304
Location: Columbia, IL

Looks beautiful. Cross fingers for UI and stock emitters.
Interested.

Mayor Glenn Welsch: There's a saying in Missouri, if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes. In Blaine, with hard work, I think we can get that down to three or four minutes.

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 2781
Location: California

Yup..one click for on and off. Turbo mode allowed to be memorized so that it can be turned on with a single click from off.

Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 90
Location: Hawaii

bmengineer wrote:
What cells are inside this thing?

 

it uses a single non-replaceable  [the magic Grey] Samsung 48G  21700 cell with 4,800mAh and rated at 35A continuous power, to feed a reliable 100W to the 6x XHP35HD Cree array. To absolutely minimize contact resistance, the cell’s terminals are welded in place. No question the Samsung 48G specs far above competing 21700 cells with its huge capacity AND current capability, so it seems the entire design is made to optimize the current match between cell and emitters.

They claim 100mOhm was the best spring contact resistance they could achieve allowing replaceable cells, so they opted to build in the cell with welded contacts to lower the resistance by a factor of 5 to 20 mOhm, maximizing current delivery. It also features a USB type-C charging port and rapid charge circuit.

it has an OLED status display  and user programmable 4 levels in 100 lumen increments.

At first I balked at the rectangular construction, but the photo next to an iPhone made me feel better about it; it seems realistically palm sized with a very wide belt clip, so EDC without a holster is possible.

Overall, I’m pretty excited about this new TM10K. Certainly “not another tube flashlight”, yet Henry Ford Black HA-III anodized finish is the only color option (sigh).

 

Mstevens113
Mstevens113's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2016 - 07:07
Posts: 440
Location: Uk

Looks pricey unfortunately Sad

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 292
Location: Ontario, Canada
Ocelot wrote:

bmengineer wrote:
What cells are inside this thing?

 


it uses a single non-replaceable  [the magic Grey] Samsung 48G  21700 cell with 4,800mAh and rated at 35A continuous power, to feed a reliable 100W to the 6x XHP35HD Cree array. To absolutely minimize contact resistance, the cell’s terminals are welded in place. No question the Samsung 48G specs far above competing 21700 cells with its huge capacity AND current capability, so it seems the entire design is made to optimize the current match between cell and emitters.


They claim 100mOhm was the best spring contact resistance they could achieve allowing replaceable cells, so they opted to build in the cell with welded contacts to lower the resistance by a factor of 5 to 20 mOhm, maximizing current delivery. It also features a USB type-C charging port and rapid charge circuit.


it has an OLED status display  and user programmable 4 levels in 100 lumen increments.


At first I balked at the rectangular construction, but the photo next to an iPhone made me feel better about it; it seems realistically palm sized with a very wide belt clip, so EDC without a holster is possible.


Overall, I’m pretty excited about this new TM10K. Certainly “not another tube flashlight”, yet Henry Ford Black HA-III anodized finish is the only color option (sigh).


 

A single cell or two? If it’s a single, what’s using up the rest of the space?

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 6428
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

find all available items in this list

i launched my new blog - all deals for members without MAP B$ Wink

find a short description about my idea here

 

if you want to buy a flashlight or battery for a better price: just send a mail - i will try to save you money!

Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 90
Location: Hawaii

Just read the fine print... Normal high output defaults at 1000 lumens with a runtime of 2 hours, less than spectacular. With high programmable between 400 and 2000 lumens in 100 lumen increments.

...and the 18W USB-C charges the cell to nearly full in 30 minutes

The ugly part is the 10,000 max turbo is time limited to a fixed 7 seconds !  (Sigh). With a Giggles-like 10,000 LUMENS emblazoned on the side of the light, it seems a bit misleading. Also, the candela measurements are disappointing, with only 2,050 cd at the stock high power (1000 lumen total) setting and 20,000 cd at 10,000 lumens FOR JUST SEVEN SECONDS....

 

So it seems we have a wall of light flood monster that’s compact, sealed case, and pricey. I’d have to see quality comparative beam shots to seriously consider it. The selling point would be entirely subjective on the uber-flood design with the shallow depth smooth reflectors.

 

just speculation, it seems there’s no NW option, so CW IS the only game in town. I have a Nitecore MH23 which appears to be the same XHP35HD Cree and the tint quality is (speculation about 5700K) quite nice to my eyes, if they are the same.

 

One really cool cool feature is a monster interwoven 550 Paracord wrist strap with a big “tactical ball” gripping knot.

soooo, a radical departure from the norm, not just another tube light, it’s s rectangle housing a fixed cylinder cell, probably a midrange huge wall of light (that, IMHO, would be its strongest feature).... with tactical balls Smile 

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3410

I hope the production units doesn’t come with the 10,000 LUMENS!!! Label, makes it look like a cheap Chinese cree ultra bright 400W 1000X zoom tactical flashlight.

Seems like nitecore are also riding the lumen wave but are doing it wrong, if the 7 seconds thing is true.

Also, single cell and 6x XPL HD in tiny reflectors?? If they made it two cell with just dual XHP35 HI for ~4,500 lumens I would buy it in a heartbeat

Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 90
Location: Hawaii

Yes, A SINGLE CELL, the Samsung 48G 21700 size ... a round peg in a square hole. Same length as a 18650, 3mm wider diameter, yet double the typical capacity (equlivalent to 2x 2400 mAh) of a 18650....

 

$400 USD MSRP is a deal breaker for me. What happens after a few hundred charge cycles? With its welded contacts, as the cell gradually loses capacity, it’s an eventual certainty that you bought a $400 Bic lighter. Caveat Emptor.

 

 

Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 90
Location: Hawaii

will34 wrote:
I hope the production units doesn’t come with the 10,000 LUMENS!!! Label, makes it look like a cheap Chinese cree ultra bright 400W 1000X zoom tactical flashlight. Seems like nitecore are also riding the lumen wave but are doing it wrong, if the 7 seconds thing is true. Also, single cell and 6x XPL HD in tiny reflectors?? If they made it two cell with just dual XHP35 HI for ~4,500 lumens I would buy it in a heartbeat

 

I have had quite a few Nitecore products and very happy with them. But this 

10000 LUMENS 

nonsense just reeks of lumen wars marketing, period. Quite a disappointment.

vt2nv
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2018 - 12:23
Posts: 115

Non replaceable cells are a deal-breaker.

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1459
Location: US

Although only 7seconds, being able to produce 10k lumens with 1-cell is quite a technical achievement! I wish the high mode can be set a bit higher at like 3k lumens. I might still buy this if we can get a GB. If it can sustain 2k lumens for 3+ minutes, then it makes this more practical than almost all other single cell lights out there.

vt2nv
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2018 - 12:23
Posts: 115

10,000 lumens? Sure it will impress the unwashed masses, but as a useful tool this light leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll admit that getting 10K lumens out of a small single cell flashlight is a stunning engineering achievement, but as a useful, practical portable light source, this light leaves a lot to be desired. Exit turbo mode and my TC20 can hold it’s own against this monster light. TC20 is small, powerful, and affordable.

I suspect that there will be many instances of buyer’s remorse.

SKV89 wrote:
Although only 7seconds, being able to produce 10k lumens with 1-cell is quite a technical achievement! I wish the high mode can be set a bit higher at like 3k lumens. I might still buy this if we can get a GB. If it can sustain 2k lumens for 3+ minutes, then it makes this more practical than almost all other single cell lights out there.
Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2715
Location: California

Hm….. 10,000 lumen turbo for 7-seconds. However, if this has an interface similar to my Nitecore Concept 1 it may be possible to override the rampdown by continuously holding down the button.

This light has an intriguing design and layout, but $400 is way out of my pricerange for a flashlight. I’ll have to pass.

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1459
Location: US

vt2nv wrote:
10,000 lumens? Sure it will impress the unwashed masses, but as a useful tool this light leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll admit that getting 10K lumens out of a small single cell flashlight is a stunning engineering achievement, but as a useful, practical portable light source, this light leaves a lot to be desired. Exit turbo mode and my TC20 can hold it’s own against this monster light. TC20 is small, powerful, and affordable.

I suspect that there will be many instances of buyer’s remorse.

SKV89 wrote:
Although only 7seconds, being able to produce 10k lumens with 1-cell is quite a technical achievement! I wish the high mode can be set a bit higher at like 3k lumens. I might still buy this if we can get a GB. If it can sustain 2k lumens for 3+ minutes, then it makes this more practical than almost all other single cell lights out there.

I use my TC20 frequently for work purposes because it is the only single cell light that can maintain 1800 lumens for a couple minutes. If the TM10K can maintain 2k lumens for a couple minutes, that would make it the most practical single cell light out there. I don’t see why everyone is bashing the 10k lumens. I would love to have a turbo mode as powerful as possible so I know I have it if I ever want to blast it on. But normally, I use the 2nd or 3rd highest modes for practical use and only blast on turbo for a few seconds to surprise people or to get a good view of the surrounding.

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1214
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

The host cleary has space for 2 21700 cell, so 5000 lumen per cell is not actually impresses

Forgot my pen

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3410
mrheosuper wrote:
The host cleary has space for 2 21700 cell, so 5000 lumen per cell is not actually impresses

It’s a single 21700

vt2nv
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2018 - 12:23
Posts: 115

Agreed, but how many TC20’s can be bought for the price of this light?. Consider thermal management. The heat has to go somewhere, and there will be lots of heat to remove. Then there’s the matter of batteries that we can’t get to. What happens when the batteries start getting soft? No doubt Nitecore will replace the internal batteries as a flat-rate repair.

Sorry, but to me this light is an item for flashlight enthusiasts with deep pockets.

SKV89 wrote:
vt2nv wrote:
10,000 lumens? Sure it will impress the unwashed masses, but as a useful tool this light leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll admit that getting 10K lumens out of a small single cell flashlight is a stunning engineering achievement, but as a useful, practical portable light source, this light leaves a lot to be desired. Exit turbo mode and my TC20 can hold it’s own against this monster light. TC20 is small, powerful, and affordable.

I suspect that there will be many instances of buyer’s remorse.

SKV89 wrote:
Although only 7seconds, being able to produce 10k lumens with 1-cell is quite a technical achievement! I wish the high mode can be set a bit higher at like 3k lumens. I might still buy this if we can get a GB. If it can sustain 2k lumens for 3+ minutes, then it makes this more practical than almost all other single cell lights out there.

I use my TC20 frequently for work purposes because it is the only single cell light that can maintain 1800 lumens for a couple minutes. If the TM10K can maintain 2k lumens for a couple minutes, that would make it the most practical single cell light out there. I don’t see why everyone is bashing the 10k lumens. I would love to have a turbo mode as powerful as possible so I know I have it if I ever want to blast it on. But normally, I use the 2nd or 3rd highest modes for practical use and only blast on turbo for a few seconds to surprise people or to get a good view of the surrounding.

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1459
Location: US
mrheosuper wrote:
The host cleary has space for 2 21700 cell, so 5000 lumen per cell is not actually impresses

Can you name me a single cell light that produce 5,000 lumens?

The brightest single cell I know is the D4 which can make 4,000 lumens max but surely can’t hold it for 7 seconds.

This single cell light can make up to 10,000 lumens, which is very impressive for my standards. Instead of only bashing and pointing out only the negatives, I give credit where credit is due. Eventhough I’m not a fan of Nitecore and don’t own a single one of their lights, I would like to own this if the price was affordable.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8281
Location: Houston Texas

Here’s what bugs me, the xhp35 is an inefficient emitter as far as lumen output per watt. It’s mostly used in throwy lights, but in this case it has tiny little reflectors which aren’t going to give much throw.

It would make a lot more sense if they would switch to 50.2 or 70.2 emitters since they give you more lumen per watt. You could still get 10k lumen, but for a longer time or keep the 7 seconds and have higher output, like 14k lumen. Something like that.

I guess the xhp35 gives them at least a little throw.

The Samsung 48G is 10A continous and 30A for 10 seconds.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 292
Location: Ontario, Canada

JasonWW wrote:
Here’s what bugs me, the xhp35 is an inefficient emitter as far as lumen output per watt. It’s mostly used in throwy lights, but in this case it has tiny little reflectors which aren’t going to give much throw.

It would make a lot more sense if they would switch to 50.2 or 70.2 emitters since they give you more lumen per watt. You could still get 10k lumen, but for a longer time or keep the 7 seconds and have higher output, like 14k lumen. Something like that.

I guess the xhp35 gives them at least a little throw.

The Samsung 48G is 10A continous and 30A for 10 seconds.

I find the beam from the XHP35 much more pleasant from either the 50.2 or the 70.2, and even though they aren’t breaking any records I appreciate the extra throw.