Charger for 21700 or 20700

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
BrySig228
BrySig228's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/22/2018 - 08:33
Posts: 132
Location: USA
Charger for 21700 or 20700

Hi all! Is there a charger that can’t fit protected 21700 and or 20700 like the battery for acebeam L30?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 6396
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

You can start here: https://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex%20UK.html

Click on the length column to sort after length.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Petr J.
Petr J.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2018 - 10:07
Posts: 161
Location: CZ

Adeaska SQ4+

Tested with protected battery 21700 for Wuben A21. It goes tight.

The day when I won't use the flashlight, as if he wasn't.

BrySig228
BrySig228's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 05/22/2018 - 08:33
Posts: 132
Location: USA

Thank you Thumbs Up I’ll look them up.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6836
Location: freedailydeals.org

Charge four pieces of 21700 at a go. 

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 5

There’s no index entry for Adeaska SQ4+ in the marvelous HKJ collection, so I’m unsure of how long a protected 21700 actually is. The pictured Nitecore (Q4 it seems) handles 75mm, but how much is actually needed? Such info helps rule out the chargers which won’t work. I’m looking for a charger with analysis and there appear to be very few options that will handle a p21700. Thanks.

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 767
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

The protected 21700 cell that comes with the Rofis MR30 is the longest cell I own. I measure it’s length at 75.3mm. It is too long for my Opus BT-C3100, XTAR WP-6, XTAR Dragon, and MiBoxer C8 chargers, but it fits easily in the new MiBoxer C4 Plus charger with room to spare.

Steeldog
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2018 - 15:00
Posts: 48
Location: California
freeme wrote:

Charge four pieces of 21700 at a go. 

Which Nitecore is that? I just bought the Nitecore SC4 and I’m kinda bummed cuz it charges everything except the Acebeam 21700’s.

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 5
TexasToasted wrote:
The protected 21700 cell that comes with the Rofis MR30 … fits easily in the new MiBoxer C4 Plus charger with room to spare.

Thanks so much! That’s exactly the info I was looking for. I was indeed curious about the C4 Plus as many of the popular charges don’t accept protected 21700’s. It might be slightly beyond my budget, but I’ll wait for discounts if it’s my best option for this battery. I have not yet seen reviews of the C4 Plus. Do you like it?

nokoff
nokoff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 12/12/2013 - 20:26
Posts: 195
Location: East Coast USA

I used my MR30 to charge my 21700s. It only takes them to like 4.12 so I used the little $7 Folomov single cell USB charger I got at Illumn to top them off. It can fit any size cuz it’s just two leads Smile

It charges at 1A max which takes a while however it’s just for topping off in my case.

Nokoff..still Made in China

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 767
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
leftdisconnected wrote:
TexasToasted wrote:
The protected 21700 cell that comes with the Rofis MR30 … fits easily in the new MiBoxer C4 Plus charger with room to spare.

Thanks so much! That’s exactly the info I was looking for. I was indeed curious about the C4 Plus as many of the popular charges don’t accept protected 21700’s. It might be slightly beyond my budget, but I’ll wait for discounts if it’s my best option for this battery. I have not yet seen reviews of the C4 Plus. Do you like it?

I ordered the C4 Plus when Miboxer first announced it here. Then my MR30 showed up and I was really glad I had the C4 Plus. I paid about $26. Try sending Miboxer a PM, they might give you a discount code.
I have 2 Miboxer chargers now: the C4 Plus, and the C8. I like them both quite a lot. Big, bright displays that are easy to read, two button interface that’s very intuitive, and they both seem to be very good chargers. They are not battery analyzers, but they do display battery resistance, voltage, charge current, and accumulated charge in mAh. The C8 is now my go-to charger for everything except the protected 21700 cells. I use a lot of AA and AAA cells around the house and having 8 ports for charging comes in real handy.
Oh yeah, there is another thing I very much like about the C4 Plus- it just uses a standard AC cord. The power supply is built-in so I don’t have to keep track of a wall brick.

Steeldog
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2018 - 15:00
Posts: 48
Location: California
TexasToasted wrote:
leftdisconnected wrote:
TexasToasted wrote:
The protected 21700 cell that comes with the Rofis MR30 … fits easily in the new MiBoxer C4 Plus charger with room to spare.

Thanks so much! That’s exactly the info I was looking for. I was indeed curious about the C4 Plus as many of the popular charges don’t accept protected 21700’s. It might be slightly beyond my budget, but I’ll wait for discounts if it’s my best option for this battery. I have not yet seen reviews of the C4 Plus. Do you like it?

I ordered the C4 Plus when Miboxer first announced it here. Then my MR30 showed up and I was really glad I had the C4 Plus. I paid about $26. Try sending Miboxer a PM, they might give you a discount code.
I have 2 Miboxer chargers now: the C4 Plus, and the C8. I like them both quite a lot. Big, bright displays that are easy to read, two button interface that’s very intuitive, and they both seem to be very good chargers. They are not battery analyzers, but they do display battery resistance, voltage, charge current, and accumulated charge in mAh. The C8 is now my go-to charger for everything except the protected 21700 cells. I use a lot of AA and AAA cells around the house and having 8 ports for charging comes in real handy.
Oh yeah, there is another thing I very much like about the C4 Plus- it just uses a standard AC cord. The power supply is built-in so I don’t have to keep track of a wall brick.

Thanks for that link. Does that C4 Plus have an outlet to charge from a car?

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 767
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Steeldog wrote:
Does that C4 Plus have an outlet to charge from a car?

No. It can only be powered from AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz.

Steeldog
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2018 - 15:00
Posts: 48
Location: California
TexasToasted][quote=Steeldog wrote:
Does that C4 Plus have an outlet to charge from a car?

No. It can only be powered from AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz.

quote]

Thanks for verifying.

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 5
TexasToasted wrote:
I have 2 Miboxer chargers now: the C4 Plus, and the C8 … they are not battery analyzers, but they do display battery resistance, voltage, charge current, and accumulated charge in mAh.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I had assumed that the C4/C8 series offered at least some analysis modes due to their large displays. The Adeaska SQ4+ was suggested above, but I know nothing about that charger and am finding little information in English. Is there another charger in this price range that offers analysis (charge and discharge tests) and fits a protected 21700? I’ve had an analyzing NiMH charger for the past decade and don’t want to give up such valuable features.

I need a charger that offers a discharge-only mode (discharge then stop) as well as the other testing modes. The discharge mode is mainly for NiMH at the moment (present charger lacks option to stop). I presently have to use a timer and pull the cells when they are 0.96V or so and the time obviously varies from cell to cell ;). Best approach is to pull any cell that drops below 1V as they are mostly empty.

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 59 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 767
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

I’ve looked through the reviews for a charger that can hold 75+mm cells and do all the things the Opus charger can do, but haven’t found one. I did read a post somewhere on here that showed a fairly simple adapter that someone made to charge longer cells outside the charger, but that’s one more thing to keep track of. I think I’ll just use clip leads and magnets for the rare times I’ll want to analyze a longer cell. I only have a few long cells now, so not a big deal. I figure it won’t be too long before the analyzing chargers get released with the long slots.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 6396
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
TexasToasted wrote:
I’ve looked through the reviews for a charger that can hold 75+mm cells and do all the things the Opus charger can do, but haven’t found one.

The easiest way to search is to use this table: https://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex%20UK.html
and click on the “Battery length” column.
The most advanced charger that can handle long cells is Efan Lux S4

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 5
HKJ wrote:
The most advanced charger that can handle long cells is Efan Lux S4

Thank you. I have been studying your table and should have mentioned this in my post, but I appreciate your response. I was hoping that there might be chargers that are not yet in that table that might suit my requirements. I will certainly look at the Efan S4. Thanks so much for all of the reviews that you do and apologize if I just became one of the crowd who asks for personal assistance without first checking your valuable table and reviews. I did not intend to. I’ve kept your website open in a tab the entire time I’ve been hunting ;).

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 6396
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Some people do not see the table, even though I have made it more visible on my website.

I do not have any analyzing chargers in queue (At least not anything new), but only regular chargers.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

fluke
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 21 sec ago
Joined: 04/20/2018 - 13:58
Posts: 67
Location: London United Kingdom

Could someone provide a link for the Miboxer C4 Plus?

I am in UK and cannot find the C4 Plus lots of othe C4's but no plus.

sachmo
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 00:12
Posts: 2

I bought mine the other day from Amazon while it was a daily deal, Miboxer C4 Plus.