Sky Lumen Tange

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155
Sky Lumen Tange

Guys, I just found out this affordable key chain light of Sky Lumen. The design is really unique to be touch enable, not like traditional twisting mechanism.
Looks like Vinh performance has degraded, this light is only 250lumens 100lumens on High mode. Just kidding. Cool
Quite nice looking to me especially the fingerprint blinking, it could be my first and only Sky Lumen, but too bad the shipping cost is high to send outside USA.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Edited by: DENGOH on 09/28/2018 - 01:59
CRX
CRX's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 3827
Location: Scotland

Fingerprint lighted touch switch.
I like it Smile

TBone
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 01/27/2016 - 16:42
Posts: 346
Location: Europe

Quote:

Cons: Tange must be operated with touch so gloves wont work
Fix: Touch with your nose
Thumbs Up
wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

It is cool. I pre ordered one last week for $20. No more pre orders left. It will be $25.

The only negative is the 10180 is such a low capacity battery. I had a SWM comet.,,,I think that is what it was, and I sent it back. It certainly is NOT designed to get much run time on max. iirc after 4 minutes the battery needed a charge.

Use low modes and it should be fine w/ only a blast of 100 lumens now and then.I know these are not modified searchlights[!!],,,,still was disappointed in how weak that no name blue 10180 battery was!

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

twisted raven
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 476
Location: texas

I will wait for 2nd batch with more LED options.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

I guess since it is keychain light, max output level is not primary purpose.
It should have very low parasitic drain and light weight as keychain light.
It will be more useful than lights those sit on shelf when user need a flashlight outside unexpectedly.

Ya, funny to switch light on with nose. Big Smile

cool i'll see you when you get there

Fate0n3
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 days ago
Joined: 05/04/2013 - 12:36
Posts: 178
Location: US

This looks to be extremely interesting little light, I have been looking for something since I once owned the Quantum DD and loved that little thing. I just wonder about durability with the touch sensor on the back also about how one would attach this to a key chain that wouldn’t get in the way of the touch area.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

Looks like Rofis TC1 is another brand of this light. Not sure about details though.

ROFIS TC1

cool i'll see you when you get there

twisted raven
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 476
Location: texas

I got a one-off of the Tange from Vinh with the SST20 4000k 95 cri emitter in it. It’s a very nice little light with that emitter in it.

Sadly, Vinh is getting lots of feedback from people who bought it saying they’ve been having issues with it, so I doubt Vinh will be selling any more, as he commented on the light being trash.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong with mine.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

I didn’t know it caused issues. Looks like Vinh will be busy refunding many buyers.

cool i'll see you when you get there

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

wolfdog1226 wrote:
It is cool. I pre ordered one last week for $20. No more pre orders left. It will be $25.

The only negative is the 10180 is such a low capacity battery. I had a SWM comet.,,,I think that is what it was, and I sent it back. It certainly is NOT designed to get much run time on max. iirc after 4 minutes the battery needed a charge.

Use low modes and it should be fine w/ only a blast of 100 lumens now and then.I know these are not modified searchlights[!!],,,,still was disappointed in how weak that no name blue 10180 battery was!

I have had the light awhile now. My opinion is that it is a COOL little light.,,,,,,,,,,BUT

There was NOT any communication in his review or elsewhere that this lights battery is not removable. Not unless you have modding skills.

Basically , when the battery dies, the average Joe will have to throw the light away or send it to V54 for a new one. NOT worth it one bit as the light is only worth $20! WHY would one want a flashlight w/ a non removable battery?

Between the issues of other customers and a NON removable battery,,,,,,V54 is exactly right,the light is trash!

EVERYTHING that I just posted I have expressed to V54 in an email shortly after I got the light,,,actually it was even more direct! We have had a good relationship for 5 years, based on honesty,openness and NOT taking ones opinions and beliefs too seriously. Big Smile

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 2792
Location: USA

wolfdog1226 wrote:
[WHY would one want a flashlight w/ a non removable battery?
Nitecore has quite a few of such flashlights (TIP, Tiny, Tube, etc.) and they are quite popular, so I’m sure there is a market for such lights.

But I agree, my preference would be for a removable cell. However, I don’t currently own any charger capable of charging a 10180 cell. And I also agree – the capacity of this cell format is really low – isn’t it around 100 mAh? I like the 500 mAh cell in Nitecore TIP, although I think the TIP is a somewhat larger form factor.

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Pete7874 wrote:
wolfdog1226 wrote:
[WHY would one want a flashlight w/ a non removable battery?
Nitecore has quite a few of such flashlights (TIP, Tiny, Tube, etc.) and they are quite popular, so I’m sure there is a market for such lights.

But I agree, my preference would be for a removable cell. However, I don’t currently own any charger capable of charging a 10180 cell. And I also agree – the capacity of this cell format is really low – isn’t it around 100 mA? I like the 500 mA cell in Nitecore TIP, although I think the TIP is a somewhat larger form factor.

The SWM comet has a battery that was removable if you wanted to put a new one/another one in. It was also able to be USB charged while the battery[removable] stays in the light.A much more feasible and logical build concept.

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

nokoff
nokoff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 12/12/2013 - 20:26
Posts: 342
Location: East Coast USA

To me it wasn’t just that Tange failed, he wasn’t up front about it. He knew the battery didn’t come out and then later found out they glued the tailcap on. He knew but felt it wasn’t important. Really it was. Then they started having issues that just maybe a battery reset would’ve helped in some cases. He also often doesn’t mention when the charging port or selector ring or switch light, etc is no longer operable, and what he describes as a perfect beam just isn’t. I think he is too busy too, he never sent the charging cord with my Delta I asked for, nor a lanyard he said he even noted down, and he didn’t send my freebie along with my Thanksgiving Day purchase. I guess this is the nature of buying from a modder, burned once too often, I’m done.

Nokoff..still Made in China 山寨主義

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

I have a few twisty 10180 powered lights, I don’t need to take their batteries out after peeling off the insulator. I guess in Tange the firmware is more complicated and a reset is needed occasionally. Also the battery in Tange can get depleted sooner than twist switch on which completely cut off electricity. To add salt to the wound the battery can’t be taken out easily to troubleshoot or repair.

cool i'll see you when you get there

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA
nokoff wrote:
To me it wasn’t just that Tange failed, he wasn’t up front about it. He knew the battery didn’t come out and then later found out they glued the tailcap on. He knew but felt it wasn’t important. Really it was. Then they started having issues that just maybe a battery reset would’ve helped in some cases. He also often doesn’t mention when the charging port or selector ring or switch light, etc is no longer operable, and what he describes as a perfect beam just isn’t. I think he is too busy too, he never sent the charging cord with my Delta I asked for, nor a lanyard he said he even noted down, and he didn’t send my freebie along with my Thanksgiving Day purchase. I guess this is the nature of buying from a modder, burned once too often, I’m done.
Yes I saw your comments on CPF. I resigned last spring but still able to view if I want.LOL!!!

I liked what you said. TOO MANY of his minions will NEVER say anything that may be negative, even though it is the TRUTH!

I battled many of them from 2013 up to this past summer. Waste of time. Many of them are spineless!

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

Different people are at different stages of life, different mood at the time, different experience with Vinh, etc. You can’t expect everyone or most people to act similarly.

Thought Vinh says he’s going to refund or replace new one for those facing problems. I am not sure about those not having problems.

Can you state your dilemma with this situation currently?

cool i'll see you when you get there

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2087
Location: United states

I got no clue how many of tange are failed.. i bought three.. 1 is bad.. he sent me a replacement along with my other light.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

Newlumen wrote:
I got no clue how many of tange are failed.. i bought three.. 1 is bad.. he sent me a replacement along with my other light.

May I know what was the defects?

cool i'll see you when you get there

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2087
Location: United states

When I try to charge the light, the light is turn on.. remove the charger.. the light is still on and turn off..

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

Newlumen wrote:
When I try to charge the light, the light is turn on.. remove the charger.. the light is still on and turn off..

That is weird.
So did you request refund or replacement? Do you know anyone get refunded?

cool i'll see you when you get there

nokoff
nokoff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 12/12/2013 - 20:26
Posts: 342
Location: East Coast USA
DENGOH wrote:
Newlumen wrote:
When I try to charge the light, the light is turn on.. remove the charger.. the light is still on and turn off..
That is weird. So did you request refund or replacement? Do you know anyone get refunded?

Vinh/Skylumen avoided important questions about the battery multiple times. He then downplayed the battery concerns until the lights were failing at an alarming rate, still even then blowing it off saying basically it wasn’t his fault because he didn’t build the light personally from scratch which is a bullshit response. It’s really a Rofis TC1 despite he said it wasn’t and he gave no explanation. Truth don’t matter? My Tange died too just as they all will/did. He’s dishonest until caught, that’s fact. Of course he’s refunding, he doesn’t want to lose the followers he has, it’s quite cult-like, though I’ll never use him again. No need with the manufacturers putting out what they do now. IMO his mods are worse than OE and he doesn’t include OE parts, he damages and scratches and sends very dirty lights, inside and out, the bezels and heads don’t screw down fully cuz he’s bad at focusing and figment, and side switches no longer work. The beam will be ugly with unexpected artifacts and uneven spill, etc. He doesn’t tell you any of this up front. All you’ll hear him say is “wow, so impressive kcd, perfectly focused” BS.

Nokoff..still Made in China 山寨主義

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2155

Ya hope that everyone gets taken care of.
Vinh most likely didn’t test all this standard stock light before shipping out, I doubt any sellers ever take stock light out of box to test comprehensively. Maybe just make sure it can be switched on and off and 5 sample test out of 100 boxes.

cool i'll see you when you get there