Utorch Cree XPL V6 for $6.49

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
retro_th
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2017 - 05:55
Posts: 32
Location: Thailand
Utorch Cree XPL V6 for $6.49

Hey! Found this link with coupon
GBYTBXX139
https://www.gearbest.com/flashlights/pp_009564935439.html?wid=1433363&lk...
I’ve never seen it cheaper than $6.99!

Plat
Plat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2017 - 01:27
Posts: 46
Location: Australia

I found that a few days ago when i was checking out all the coupons and got it for that same price, i hope its good. Smile

I also found
https://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-ET1-XP-L-V6-750LM-Stepless-Dimming-Mi...
with code 51517a its $9.60 US, ramping UI, 14500 or two AA, 5000k, 600lm.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 278
Location: Melbourne, Australia

BW-ET1 is decent – Tail cap magnet, diffuser, AA tube option available separately. Gave it to the Mrs with 14500 and she likes it. My main complaint is the ramp is slooooow.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 13328
Location: Amsterdam

Sillen wrote:
BW-ET1 is decent – Tail cap magnet, diffuser, AA tube option available separately. Gave it to the Mrs with 14500 and she likes it. My main complaint is the ramp is slooooow.

And my main complaint is that it is biiiiiiig!

link to djozz tests 

“I used to think that top environmental problems were biodiversity loss, ecosystem collapse and climate change. I thought that thirty years of good science could address these problems. I was wrong. The top environmental problems are selfishness, greed and apathy, and to deal with these we need a cultural and spiritual transformation. And we scientists don’t know how to do that.”   (Gus Speth)

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 2910
Location: Calif

no doubt that Utorch is a better light than many that I purchased early on in this hobby when I didn’t know anything….. still I passed on it.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 1914
Location: USA

The UI sucks donkey balls on this light, but I guess it may be worth as a host?

ggf31416
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2016 - 17:38
Posts: 154
Location: Uruguay
Pete7874 wrote:
The UI sucks donkey balls on this light, but I guess it may be worth as a host?

It has mode memory, I think it’s off-time but not sure, not the dreaded next-mode memory. IMHO is quite usable. To go to a lower output you need to go the entire cycle but it’s hardly worse than the blink on low from non-Biscotti Convoys. My main complaints are that the low is not low enough and a bit of green tint in the led but the latter is Cree fault.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 1914
Location: USA

ggf31416 wrote:
To go to a lower output you need to go the entire cycle but it’s hardly worse than the blink on low from non-Biscotti Convoys.

It’s worse, IMO, because you can’t hide the blinkies.
prototipoo
prototipoo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2018 - 08:51
Posts: 2
Location: España

hay algo que no entiendo,en gearbest habla de dos tipos diferentes, con atenuacion progresiva o sin atenuacion progresiva…. ¿cual es la diferencia?

Solo tu iluminas mi camino...

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Online
Last seen: 37 sec ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 984
Location: Foley, MO

I have six of these from Utorch. Having a great time playing with them and changing them a bit. I put a XPL Hi with a A6 driver in one. One has a XP-G2 S4 in 3D with a 7135×6 single mode driver with no blinkys. Two others have Nichia 219C 5000k with a 7135×8 driver with biscotti that I found in a drawer that I had forgotten about. And two others I haven’t touched yet, oops, sorry, one left. Forgot I gave one away. Very fun to play with and super simple and cheap to make them exactly to your liking.

BROODMASTER
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 08/31/2013 - 16:10
Posts: 203

prototipoo wrote:
hay algo que no entiendo,en gearbest habla de dos tipos diferentes, con atenuacion progresiva o sin atenuacion progresiva.... ¿cual es la diferencia?

Uno tiene niveles y el otro tiene atenuacion progressiva... Suave arriba y abajo. La diferencia? El precio basicamente.

Emisar D4 (Nichia & XP-L), Convoy L2, S2&+ w/XP-L, S6, M2, iProtec 1400, Nitenumen 'C8', Fenix HL50 & HP12, XinTD C8, Manker E11, Eagletac D25LC2 Mini, Sofirn SP31, SP32A & SP 33, Thorfire TK15, Thrunite Ti3, various Ultrafire, Defiant 3C triple (2017),...

prototipoo
prototipoo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2018 - 08:51
Posts: 2
Location: España

BROODMASTER wrote:

prototipoo wrote:
hay algo que no entiendo,en gearbest habla de dos tipos diferentes, con atenuacion progresiva o sin atenuacion progresiva…. ¿cual es la diferencia?

Uno tiene niveles y el otro tiene atenuacion progressiva… Suave arriba y abajo. La diferencia? El precio basicamente.


Gracias, perfectamente entendido…

Solo tu iluminas mi camino...

retro_th
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2017 - 05:55
Posts: 32
Location: Thailand