Lumintop GT micro

697 posts / 0 new
Last post
peg matite
peg matite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/02/2019 - 17:47
Posts: 211
Location: EOK

$26 on Amz US right now.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8090
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

peg matite wrote:
$26 on Amz US right now.


https://amzn.to/35aev9S

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

EcuBebge
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 04/09/2019 - 14:24
Posts: 62

I’m trying to decide between the micro or the X5.

Basically the same price right now.

Somebody sell me on one or the other.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 10696
Location: nyc

Both.

Resistance is futile.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

EcuBebge
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 04/09/2019 - 14:24
Posts: 62

Lightbringer wrote:
Both.

Resistance is futile.

Big Smile You’re probably right.

I was trying to behave.

I’ll start next year.

longuylander
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 10/09/2019 - 05:02
Posts: 39
Location: Long Island

I gave in and bought a GT Micro. At the price, I’ll live with the cool white.

I really need to stop coming to this site… I’m not sure if I’m thankful or annoyed at people posting price drops of things.

Hoosh
Hoosh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 08/17/2015 - 21:15
Posts: 89

In, for ~$28 delivered.

peg matite
peg matite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/02/2019 - 17:47
Posts: 211
Location: EOK

longuylander wrote:
I gave in and bought a GT Micro. At the price, I’ll live with the cool white.

I really need to stop coming to this site… I’m not sure if I’m thankful or annoyed at people posting price drops of things.

Yeah I can’t help myself. Check a bookmarked Lightning Deals page and next thing you know I am one-click ordering a non-essential light (but after 2 or 3 how many are really essential anyways).

I try to at least not by something too similar to what I already have. This one is rather unique.

Misery loves company Wink

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 10696
Location: nyc
longuylander wrote:
I really need to stop coming to this site… I’m not sure if I’m thankful or annoyed at people posting price drops of things.

Goggle this site and see how many times I start a comment with “I hate you guys…”.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Dutcheee
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/19/2015 - 21:40
Posts: 471
Location: Netherlands

Yep, I gave in as well.. My first 2020 gift to myself !

On my last hike I used the FW3A, but the throw was simply too low to see far enough on critical parts at night. I hope this can fill that void. Weight to throw ratio looks promising! Good enough excuse to convince myself I NEED another light Facepalm

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8649
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Dutcheee wrote:
Yep, I gave in as well.. My first 2020 gift to myself !

On my last hike I used the FW3A, but the throw was simply too low to see far enough on critical parts at night. I hope this can fill that void. Weight to throw ratio looks promising! Good enough excuse to convince myself I NEED another light Facepalm

I gave up trying to make excuses on why I need another light about 100 lights ago lol.

Dutcheee
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/19/2015 - 21:40
Posts: 471
Location: Netherlands

I’ve kept the total to around 20 working lights. I convinced myself I did a fair job in not buying too many shelf queens.
I guess I have a kinda weak month. Think I’ll blame the awesome LT1. I have 5 in the mail at the moment… Still looking for the perfect right angled flashlight. Maybe 2020 is a good moment to stop making excuses Big Smile

Starkm32
Starkm32's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2019 - 11:12
Posts: 332

Am hoping 2020 will bring in a light with a full spectrum color LED.

I like Lumens. I really like color changing Lumens.

Is that already a reality? Silly

Guess I might spring for a kinda cute MICRO.
Question. @400m, what footcandles does the MICRO project? Or lux.

Mike89
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/08/2012 - 02:02
Posts: 55
Location: USA

I got mine today and already in process of sending it back for a refund. The button is really inconsistent. Sometimes taking multiple clicks to turn it off or on. Not acceptable to me for how much I paid for this light. I paid too much, I’m actually embarrassed how much I paid for this light at Amazon from Sino Trading Co, Ltd. To make matters worse is I have to pay to ship it back to China then waiting to see if it makes it all the way back to get my refund. Sucks. Not a good experience for me all around. I’ll edit this post tomorrow when I find out how much it cost me to ship it back. I have a feeling this is not going to be good. Man I hate having to return shit.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2450
Location: Sweden
Mike89 wrote:
I got mine today and already in process of sending it back for a refund. The button is really inconsistent. Sometimes taking multiple clicks to turn it off or on. Not acceptable to me for how much I paid for this light. I paid too much, I’m actually embarrassed how much I paid for this light at Amazon from Sino Trading Co, Ltd. To make matters worse is I have to pay to ship it back to China then waiting to see if it makes it all the way back to get my refund. Sucks. Not a good experience for me all around. I’ll edit this post tomorrow when I find out how much it cost me to ship it back. I have a feeling this is not going to be good. Man I hate having to return shit.

Yeah the light had issues on the gt mini also, its a really mushy button i wish they use something more sturdy.. but if u bought it on amazon why must u return it to china? makes no sense.. just send it back to amazon say its faulty should be no problem.

Return to china i would never agree, it costs more then the light u paid for and it takes forever to send stuff back there.. dont do it!

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8090
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

can you PM me the link to the trader on Amazon where you bought it?

i see some 3rd party shops selling Lumintops for higher prices and NOT "fulfilled by Amazon" - so the nice Amazon rules do not apply

 

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Mike89
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/08/2012 - 02:02
Posts: 55
Location: USA

Some items on Amazon are not sold by Amazon. This was one of those. I have no choice really as I don’t want the light and I paid $50 for this sucker. I’m still mad at myself for doing that. I’d actually feel better spending another $20 to ship it back for a refund than keeping it for $50. I feel like I got swindled by a used car salesman. Jeez I feel like such a jeep.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2450
Location: Sweden

50$ ? wow thats a sick overprice, these things should cost less then 30$… sorry u got ripped off Sad

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Mike89
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/08/2012 - 02:02
Posts: 55
Location: USA

Not as sorry as me, heh. I feel like I went to the car lot to buy a Mustang and the dude sold me a Pinto. Worse was I bought it.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8090
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

dang

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1579
Location: Manila, Philippines

EcuBebge wrote:
I'm trying to decide between the micro or the X5. Basically the same price right now. Somebody sell me on one or the other.

 

 

comparing beamshots of the BLF X5 (Astrolux S3) vs the Lumintop GT Micro (neutral-white)

Left beam = BLF X5 / Astrolux S3

Right beam = Lumintop GT Micro (more intense/focused hotspot, warmer tint)

 

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 62
Location: USA

EcuBebge wrote:
I’m trying to decide between the micro or the X5. Basically the same price right now. Somebody sell me on one or the other.

d_t_a wrote:

comparing beamshots of the BLF X5 (Astrolux S3) vs the Lumintop GT Micro (neutral-white)

Left beam = BLF X5 / Astrolux S3

Right beam = Lumintop GT Micro (more intense/focused hotspot, warmer tint)


Thanks for the video. I prefer the warmer tint myself, but as you mentioned, more intense/focused hotspot is also a plus in my eyes. I went with the Micro. Should be here today from Amazon. Not bad considering I placed the order yesterday ;). I ordered from Lumintop Direct. Only $32 with the 20% off Amazon coupon right now.
longuylander
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 10/09/2019 - 05:02
Posts: 39
Location: Long Island

So I had ordered the Micro a few weeks back when it was $26 on Amazon. Two weeks later, I cancelled the order, as it hadn’t shipped yet. What kind of store cannot manage to ship a product over a two week period? Oh well, I’m sure I’ll end up buying something from a company that can get the product out the door.

Hugh Johnson
Hugh Johnson's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 19:03
Posts: 376
Location: New Brighton

Amazon: “Only 2 left, order soon”.

YOU order soon. You’re the store.

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2210
Location: Southeast, PA
longuylander wrote:
So I had ordered the Micro a few weeks back when it was $26 on Amazon. Two weeks later, I cancelled the order, as it hadn’t shipped yet. What kind of store cannot manage to ship a product over a two week period? Oh well, I’m sure I’ll end up buying something from a company that can get the product out the door.

Was it from the Lumintop Direct vendor or a third party?

Later,
Keith

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it sometimes rhymes,” Mark Twain

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards
..

Big Sky Country

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 62
Location: USA
Muto wrote:
longuylander wrote:
So I had ordered the Micro a few weeks back when it was $26 on Amazon. Two weeks later, I cancelled the order, as it hadn’t shipped yet. What kind of store cannot manage to ship a product over a two week period? Oh well, I’m sure I’ll end up buying something from a company that can get the product out the door.

Was it from the Lumintop Direct vendor or a third party?

Later,
Keith

Exactly. I ordered mine on Amazon from Lumintop Direct and had it in my hands 2 days later. Couldn’t be happier.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 10696
Location: nyc
longuylander wrote:
So I had ordered the Micro a few weeks back when it was $26 on Amazon. Two weeks later, I cancelled the order, as it hadn’t shipped yet. What kind of store cannot manage to ship a product over a two week period? Oh well, I’m sure I’ll end up buying something from a company that can get the product out the door.

Hmm, that’s odd. I got mine on the 8th. Not bad, 10days or so door to door.

Did it show as in stock at the time?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8090
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

i will point the Lumintop sales guy here after CNY

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

longuylander
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 10/09/2019 - 05:02
Posts: 39
Location: Long Island

It showed in stock when I ordered it. It even showed in stock after I cancelled the order. I would have tried to order again, but the price wasn’t $26 anymore. Strangely, I had also ordered a pair of sunglasses for color blindness and the same thing happened. Maybe the Amazon gods are angry at me for some reason…

nuemtol
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: 04/23/2019 - 01:26
Posts: 108
Location: USA

To the lumintop sales guy: lower your prices and I’ll buy a gt micro & gt mini. Or fix your quality control and customer service problems.

Pages