(Cancelled)D1S+, CSLNM1.TG LED, 850lm, 320kcd

379 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 3 sec ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5489
Location: Germany

justanotherguy wrote:
This allows the D1 to run the black flat LED, as proposed in this canceled project …correct?

IS this a difficult LED to pop in to the D1?

I am running a 300kcd GT mini right now………but…….

you can buy already soldered White flats from L4P website on proper 3030 DTP MCPCBs
Black flat need still insulation from MCPCB tobody

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8178
Location: Berkeley, California

What’s the “L4P website” when it’s at home? Google seems ignorant of it.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5416
Location: Canada

LED4Power.com

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

djozz
djozz's picture
Online
Last seen: 38 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16003
Location: Amsterdam

hank wrote:
What’s the “L4P website” when it’s at home? Google seems ignorant of it.

Led4power.com
MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 12999
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

He is a member here.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2335
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

Lexel wrote:
justanotherguy wrote:
This allows the D1 to run the black flat LED, as proposed in this canceled project …correct?

IS this a difficult LED to pop in to the D1?

I am running a 300kcd GT mini right now………but…….

you can buy already soldered White flats from L4P website on proper 3030 DTP MCPCBs
Black flat need still insulation from MCPCB tobody


But D1 reflector is not prfect enough for white flats. You gain only 10-15kcd. And loose 4-600 lumens. You can’t set the focus right. I tried it and putted back the XP-L HI.
justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 742
Location: ILLinois

ZozzV6 wrote:
Lexel wrote:
justanotherguy wrote:
This allows the D1 to run the black flat LED, as proposed in this canceled project …correct?

IS this a difficult LED to pop in to the D1?

I am running a 300kcd GT mini right now………but…….

you can buy already soldered White flats from L4P website on proper 3030 DTP MCPCBs
Black flat need still insulation from MCPCB tobody


But D1 reflector is not prfect enough for white flats. You gain only 10-15kcd. And loose 4-600 lumens. You can’t set the focus right. I tried it and putted back the XP-L HI.

so basically my black flat modded GT mini is the top gun right now?
I get a kick out of how much throw this little guy packs

anyone in NE ILLinois into get togethers?

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2335
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

justanotherguy wrote:

so basically my black flat modded GT mini is the top gun right now?
I get a kick out of how much throw this little guy packs

Yes. I got 58 kcd if I remember correct in my D1. Now I have an Astrolux FT03 with WF1 and it made 452 kcd.
justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 742
Location: ILLinois
ZozzV6 wrote:
justanotherguy wrote:
so basically my black flat modded GT mini is the top gun right now? I get a kick out of how much throw this little guy packs
Yes. I got 58 kcd if I remember correct in my D1. Now I have an Astrolux FT03 with WF1 and it made 452 kcd.

source on that FT03?

anyone in NE ILLinois into get togethers?

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2335
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

justanotherguy wrote:
source on that FT03?

I made it. Modded the driver. Used an MF02 MCPCB which was perfect fit.
djozz
djozz's picture
Online
Last seen: 38 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16003
Location: Amsterdam

Zozz wrote:
“WF1”

Wow, this is an abbreviation of “White Flat 1mm2” which in itself is a makeshift BLF-description of the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG led.

We surely give newcomers a hard time understanding what is going on on BLF Shocked

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2335
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

djozz wrote:
Zozz wrote:
“WF1”

Wow, this is an abbreviation of “White Flat 1mm2” which in itself is a makeshift BLF-description of the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG led.

We surely give newcomers a hard time understanding what is going on on BLF Shocked

Innocent Sorry for that but I always mistake some characters in the full name.
-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2723
Location: France, Angers

justanotherguy wrote:
ZozzV6 wrote:
Lexel wrote:
justanotherguy wrote:
This allows the D1 to run the black flat LED, as proposed in this canceled project …correct?

IS this a difficult LED to pop in to the D1?

I am running a 300kcd GT mini right now………but…….

you can buy already soldered White flats from L4P website on proper 3030 DTP MCPCBs
Black flat need still insulation from MCPCB tobody


But D1 reflector is not prfect enough for white flats. You gain only 10-15kcd. And loose 4-600 lumens. You can’t set the focus right. I tried it and putted back the XP-L HI.

so basically my black flat modded GT mini is the top gun right now?
I get a kick out of how much throw this little guy packs


You guys keep talking about the D1 vs the Mini GT…
That’s not fair at all… The D1 is much smaller in diameter Facepalm

Now if you want to compare the Mini GT to an Emisar product, talk about the D1S which this thread is all about.
The D1S reflector is superior to the GT Mini one, I own both and they both rock a Black Flat… better resut wit the D1S (but I prefer the aesthetics of the Lumintop…)

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 742
Location: ILLinois

Guilty. Sorry for the confusion…

Is the D1S noticeably better, or just a bit?

anyone in NE ILLinois into get togethers?

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2723
Location: France, Angers

justanotherguy wrote:
Guilty. Sorry for the confusion…

Is the D1S noticeably better, or just a bit?


Nothing you would see with your eyes alone, even side by side…
The luxmeter is the only judge, that’s why I prefer the GT Mini which is far more sexy !

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

mattadores
mattadores's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/21/2019 - 18:45
Posts: 611
Location: Alberta

djozz wrote:
Zozz wrote:
“WF1”

Wow, this is an abbreviation of “White Flat 1mm2” which in itself is a makeshift BLF-description of the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG led.

We surely give newcomers a hard time understanding what is going on on BLF Shocked

lol only one week ago I asked a guy who modded an FT03 with a white flat and described the mod changes he made using “white flat”. I asked him if he changed the emitter Facepalm which is how I learned what the actual white flat is. WF1 takes it to a whole new level but seems more understandable as an led given names like XPG, XHP… white flat is actually less easily identified as an emitter to a newcomer when I think about it Wink

as a newcomer the first time I ever came across white flat/black flat I honestly thought it meant they changed the led board to a specific color (black/white) for the purposes of reflection or redirection of the light

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2335
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

X3 wrote:

You guys keep talking about the D1 vs the Mini GT…
That’s not fair at all… The D1 is much smaller in diameter Facepalm

Now if you want to compare the Mini GT to an Emisar product, talk about the D1S which this thread is all about.
The D1S reflector is superior to the GT Mini one, I own both and they both rock a Black Flat… better resut wit the D1S (but I prefer the aesthetics of the Lumintop…)


Sorry! I just answered to a D1 thing. I didn’t knew it was a typo and he mentioned about D1S.
Of course D1S is comparable with GT mini.
lawallac
lawallac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 01/04/2012 - 15:31
Posts: 418
Location: WI

Yesterday I received some WF1s and attempted to open one of my GT minis. They are pretty tighly sealed so I moved onto the Emisar. The D1S was super easy to open so I put the WF1 in there instead. Plus in stock form I’ve noticed the D1S to visibly out throw the mini. But I agree with earlier comments that the GT mini is the better feeling light in the hand. With the new centering rings it was super easy to focus. I haven’t measured the lux yet but in that range of at least 300k lux. It shines out to trees just shy of 350 yards that stock would light up but not very well. I’ve been running on ncr-b cells to avoid killing it.

Pages