(Cancelled)D1S+, CSLNM1.TG LED, 850lm, 320kcd

349 posts / 0 new
Last post
Minocc
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 09/05/2017 - 09:01
Posts: 12
Location: United States

I am interested in this.

jtechl
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 07/26/2017 - 23:49
Posts: 42
Location: United States

im in

Talpa
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 11/04/2018 - 14:50
Posts: 39
Location: Most northern part of EU

Interested

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3190
Location: The Motor City

In for at least one…

KB1428 “Live Life WOT”

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 sec ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2897
Location: California

Where is a good place to buy a few of these bare emitters?

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 6630
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

I already expressed interest in Post #41 but I just wanted to add that if the price is right, I may want as many as three units. I’m curious when we will get more details here.

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

nokoff
nokoff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/12/2013 - 20:26
Posts: 247
Location: East Coast USA

Hank said about a week, that was only 4 days ago. Feels longer lol.

Nokoff..still Made in China

Klotski
Klotski's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 23:03
Posts: 185
Location: USA Minnesota

Looks good definitely interested

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 6630
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Also, as others have said, a 21700 sized tube would be better, if it can be pulled off in a reasonable time. It would have better aesthetic proportion with the head and it would allow much more capacity (up to 5000mAh ATM). 18650 cells would still fit, maybe with a thin sleeve.

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 423
Location: ILL.
DavidEF wrote:
Also, as others have said, a 21700 sized tube would be better, if it can be pulled off in a reasonable time. It would have better aesthetic proportion with the head and it would allow much more capacity (up to 5000mAh ATM). 18650 cells would still fit, maybe with a thin sleeve.

Maybe I’ll make myself a 21700 tube as an experiment on the lathe at work….BITD…I had access to materials…ano services…
Make something, drop it in a batch going out, get it hard coated
Billet hard coated socket set holder

Kuato
Kuato's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 11/16/2018 - 03:31
Posts: 7
Location: Kirkland, WA

Interested. Extremely interested. Thumbs Up Got my first D4 just a few days ago… time to fuel my growing Emisar habit even more.

Pugna
Pugna's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2017 - 22:14
Posts: 21
Location: California

Interested.

Trm904
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 08/08/2018 - 10:15
Posts: 6
Location: United States

I am interested

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 430
Location: Hot Springs, ArkansasCUCU

In for 2 when this gets going.

chinooker
chinooker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1245
Location: mid USA left coast

I really need a smooth green D1S

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 19069
Location: Heart of Texas

You really do Chinooker, you actually owe it to yourself. Wink

Nguyen
Nguyen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/26/2014 - 14:50
Posts: 286
Location: Honolulu

I want a D1S+ with 21700.

Hank Wang
Online
Last seen: 4 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 10/19/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 263
Location: China

After some more test, we decide not to provide the D1S+ due to the issues below:

1. With the D1S original driver, when you use the 3.6V cell, you can get 320kcd without a doubt.

2. But when to limit the driver current, the driver simply can not give desired 5A current
to the LED, thus the LED is either over-driven more than 5A, or under-driven below 5A.

That is why we are not able to offer D1S+, sorry for the problem and initial hype.
But we will still offer this LED on the Noctigon MCPCB.

Regards,
Hank

www.Intl-Outdoor.com, Noctigon, Emisar, flashlight components.

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 19069
Location: Heart of Texas

Ouch

species8472
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/08/2017 - 04:06
Posts: 73
Location: Snowbelt, Pennsylvania

Hank Wang wrote:
After some more test, we decide not to provide the D1S+ due to the issues below: 1. With the D1S original driver, when you use the 3.6V cell, you can get 320kcd without a doubt. 2. But when to limit the driver current, the driver simply can not give desired 5A current to the LED, thus the LED is either over-driven more than 5A, or under-driven below 5A. That is why we are not able to offer D1S+, sorry for the problem and initial hype. But we will still offer this LED on the Noctigon MCPCB. Regards, Hank

 

 

Bummer

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 523
Location: USA

That is unfortunate Hank, but I still want to thank you for the update on the issues. It is why you are a valued member of the community and a vendor I’m happy to support when possible.

LSX
LSX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 04/23/2013 - 08:38
Posts: 1432
Location: Perth, Australia

That’s a shame, I’m very picky about the lights I buy these days and this was one I was definitely keen on.

Nevertheless, thanks for trying and for providing the update. Maybe I will just buy one of these LEDs and try using it in something else.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2101
Location: US

Hank Wang wrote:

2. But when to limit the driver current, the driver simply can not give desired 5A current
to the LED, thus the LED is either over-driven more than 5A, or under-driven below 5A.

That is why we are not able to offer D1S+, sorry for the problem and initial hype.
But we will still offer this LED on the Noctigon MCPCB.

Regards,
Hank

That’s sad to hear. Maybe you can work with Lexel or Richard at Mtn to develop a 5A regulated driver?

Can you let us know what tint and flux bin of this LED and if you can sell the centering rings to us? Many would love to mod our own D1S with this emitter. Thanks.

tm07
Online
Last seen: 8 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2017 - 08:00
Posts: 35
Location: us

Ouch!

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 430
Location: Hot Springs, ArkansasCUCU

Hank Wang wrote:
After some more test, we decide not to provide the D1S+ due to the issues below:

1. With the D1S original driver, when you use the 3.6V cell, you can get 320kcd without a doubt.

2. But when to limit the driver current, the driver simply can not give desired 5A current
to the LED, thus the LED is either over-driven more than 5A, or under-driven below 5A.

That is why we are not able to offer D1S+, sorry for the problem and initial hype.
But we will still offer this LED on the Noctigon MCPCB.

Regards,
Hank

Guess I will have to order another D1S and make my own. Is anything over 5 amps concidered over driving this LED?
Really wish someone would make a centering ring. Hoping Hoop will get them going soon. The demand could bring a decent price. I’d be willing to pay a couple bucks each for a few.

djmcconn
djmcconn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 10/07/2011 - 23:04
Posts: 114
Location: North Carolina

Well, get busy on your next creation!!!!!!!! Thans for the update.

Hoop
Hoop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2012 - 05:33
Posts: 852
Location: Spokane, WA
HONDARIDER wrote:
Really wish someone would make a centering ring. Hoping Hoop will get them going soon. The demand could bring a decent price. I’d be willing to pay a couple bucks each for a few.

Because of focusing inconsistencies I don’t think I can just make one height of ring for a given light. This complicates matters.

I think I will need to get custom stickers / paper shims made which a person can stack to adjust reflector height. DIY focus. Those pre-made ones for hole punched paper would probably work fine. Should be .003”-.004” thick or so each.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2101
Location: US
Thumbs UpLOL
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 6630
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
Kindle wrote:
That is unfortunate Hank, but I still want to thank you for the update on the issues. It is why you are a valued member of the community and a vendor I’m happy to support when possible.

Yes. Thanks for trying Hank. And thanks for the honest update.

SKV89 wrote:
Hank Wang wrote:

2. But when to limit the driver current, the driver simply can not give desired 5A current
to the LED, thus the LED is either over-driven more than 5A, or under-driven below 5A.

That is why we are not able to offer D1S+, sorry for the problem and initial hype.
But we will still offer this LED on the Noctigon MCPCB.

Regards,
Hank

That’s sad to hear. Maybe you can work with Lexel or Richard at Mtn to develop a 5A regulated driver?

Can you let us know what tint and flux bin of this LED and if you can sell the centering rings to us? Many would love to mod our own D1S with this emitter. Thanks.


I think it would need a linear FET driver, such as what led4power produces. But those are not cheap. If Hank would use a L4P driver, I believe a lot of us would still buy, even with an increased price. Maybe a limited special run? But, to make it a sustainable product, somebody would need to come up with a cheaper driver.

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

Tangra
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 05:33
Posts: 392
Location: Europe

What about 12×7135 and 21700 battery?

Pages