【convoy】Crescendo driver and the titanium alloy AAA flashlight sample

1493 posts / 0 new
Last post
SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2486
Location: US
mortuus wrote:
a s2+ with triple optics and 21700 would be really nice light.

Why triple when the original S2+ can already accomodate triples? The S2+ 21700 should be sized to accommodate a Carclo 24mm diameter quad optic. Quad will provide a little extra output and efficiency over triple.

LightObsession
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 00:15
Posts: 188
Location: Illinois, U.S.

MascaratumB wrote:
LightObsession wrote:
Hi,

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Are the tint options 5700 & 4700 as in the thread title or 5700 & 4000 as on the website linked in the first post?

Regarding the UI, is direct access to low from off available only if memory is disabled or if it is the memorized mode?

What battery would you recommend for the S2+? I don’t have any 18650.

Thanks.

Normally the lights come with pocket clip Wink
About the UI, you can configure the modes you want according to the this diagram: http://i.imgur.com/jvx04IR.jpg
So, you can put it starting from moonlight, if memory is disabled! If memory is enabled (last mode memory), you can leave it in Moonlight before turning the light OFF and then it will start in Moonlight.

Taking into account the configuration of this flashlight (4*7135, and Nichia), I would recommend Panasonic NCR18650B (it is not a high drain battery, and has plenty capacity for longer runtimes).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info.

Too bad that one can’t have memory enabled and still have direct access to low without low being the last mode used.

Glad that it comes with a clip – none was mentioned at the website in the link in the first post.

I may end up getting one anyway in the not too distant future.

Any verification of the tint options?

ggf31416
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 29 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2016 - 17:38
Posts: 222
Location: Uruguay
MascaratumB wrote:
Taking into account the configuration of this flashlight (4*7135, and Nichia), I would recommend Panasonic NCR18650B (it is not a high drain battery, and has plenty capacity for longer runtimes).

The NCR18650GA/LG MJ1/Samsung 35E are at most about $1 expensive more than a NCR18650B (if not the same price) and surpass the later in both capacity and discharge rate. IMHO unless price is a prime concern (and you are buying many cells to offset the shipping costs) there is little reason to buy a NCR18650B nowadays.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3509
Location: Portugal
ggf31416 wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
Taking into account the configuration of this flashlight (4*7135, and Nichia), I would recommend Panasonic NCR18650B (it is not a high drain battery, and has plenty capacity for longer runtimes).

The NCR18650GA/LG MJ1/Samsung 35E are at most about $1 expensive more than a NCR18650B and surpass the later in both capacity and discharge rate. IMHO unless price is a prime concern (and you are buying many cells to offset the shipping costs) there is little reason to buy a NCR18650B nowadays.

Nice Wink I don’t know or own the ones you mentioned, but I guess they must be taken into account then! I remember seeing the graphic for the Samsung 35E and indeed they are good! Thanks for “correcting” me on this Wink

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C 

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8  TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

GIVEAWAY - 1

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 1410
Location: Netherlands

LightObsession wrote:

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Glad that it comes with a clip – none was mentioned at the website in the link in the first post.

Please note that only the more luxurious versions (the ones with steel switches) come in in a nice gift box with a clip and luxurious lanyard.

The cheap rubber switch types come with a standard lanyard without clip in a flimsy cheap cardboard box

Edited by: sb56637

LightObsession
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 00:15
Posts: 188
Location: Illinois, U.S.

Yokiamy wrote:
LightObsession wrote:

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Glad that it comes with a clip – none was mentioned at the website in the link in the first post.

Please note that only the more luxurious versions (the ones with steel switches) come in in a nice gift box with a clip and luxurious lanyard.

The cheap rubber switch types come with a standard lanyard without clip in a flimsy cheap cardboard box

Okay, so the one linked in the first post doesn’t have a clip, since it’s got a rubber switch cover and the clip isn’t mentioned in the ad.

What clip would be recommended that Aliexpress offers?

Thanks

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3509
Location: Portugal

Yokiamy wrote:
LightObsession wrote:

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Glad that it comes with a clip – none was mentioned at the website in the link in the first post.

Please note that only the more luxurious versions (the ones with steel switches) come in in a nice gift box with a clip and luxurious lanyard.

The cheap rubber switch types come with a standard lanyard without clip in a flimsy cheap cardboard box


You’re right, no clip in the “normal” versions! Sorry, my mistake Facepalm

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C 

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8  TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

GIVEAWAY - 1

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3665
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

High CRI emitter options, very nice to see Simon. Still, for driver I would prefer something regulated, PWM free. Stock configurations with LD-25 could be a nice idea, although I understand it increases cost a little bit. Or maybe not? It's a supply and demand thing, doesn't it?

 

Cheers Party 

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan

Jack Kellar wrote:
Since we’re using this as a Q&A thread…

Is it possible to put the Nichia emitter on other lights like the M2, Simon?

Of course it can installed in M2,too

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan

adam7027 wrote:
Will be throwier TIRs considered for newer Convoy flashlights?

There are a few very nice LEDIL TIR optics with bigger head diameter.

I think reflector is better than TIR if you want the flashlight to be throwier one.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan

LightObsession wrote:
Hi,

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Are the tint options 5700 & 4700 as in the thread title or 5700 & 4000 as on the website linked in the first post?

Regarding the UI, is direct access to low from off available only if memory is disabled or if it is the memorized mode?

What battery would you recommend for the S2+? I don’t have any 18650.

Thanks.

1.pocket clip is not included.
2.I dont understand the second question.sorry.
3.You can active the memory or disable the memory.If the memory is disabled,flashlight enters into the first mode when you turn it on.
4.S2+ only runs on 18650 lithium battery .What kind of battery do you use usually?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan
alex64 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
alex64 wrote:
Hi, it’s possible to buy the Nichia version with S2+ Desert Tan model?

yes,and what driver and reflector?


Driver 7135×4 or 7135×6 (I don’t know which is best for Nichia) and OP reflector if is posible.

Thanks.

Take your time ,pls tell me when you confirm the configuration, I will add link in my store,

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 4528
Location: Canada

@LightObsession, I would recommend the Samsung 35E for maximum capacity and still good power output with more powerful lights:
https://www.illumn.com/18650-samsung-inr18650-35e-3500mah-high-discharge...

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan
SKV89 wrote:
mortuus wrote:
a s2+ with triple optics and 21700 would be really nice light.

Why triple when the original S2+ can already accomodate triples? The S2+ 21700 should be sized to accommodate a Carclo 24mm diameter quad optic. Quad will provide a little extra output and efficiency over triple.

carclo is expensive and not easy to be bought in China,i want to do a little change with S2+ 21700 to adapt following quad optic.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan
Barkuti wrote:

High CRI emitter options, very nice to see Simon. Still, for driver I would prefer something regulated, PWM free. Stock configurations with LD-25 could be a nice idea, although I understand it increases cost a little bit. Or maybe not? It’s a supply and demand thing, doesn’t it?


 


Cheers Party 

Yes,I can install LD25. i can sell this version to buyers if they ask me to do this customization

LightObsession
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 00:15
Posts: 188
Location: Illinois, U.S.

Simon Mao wrote:
LightObsession wrote:
Hi,

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Are the tint options 5700 & 4700 as in the thread title or 5700 & 4000 as on the website linked in the first post?

Regarding the UI, is direct access to low from off available only if memory is disabled or if it is the memorized mode?

What battery would you recommend for the S2+? I don’t have any 18650.

Thanks.

1.pocket clip is not included.
2.I dont understand the second question.sorry.
3.You can active the memory or disable the memory.If the memory is disabled,flashlight enters into the first mode when you turn it on.
4.S2+ only runs on 18650 lithium battery .What kind of battery do you use usually?


Thanks.
1. Is there a clip that you would recommend for this light?
2. Your first post says the tint options are 5700 and 4700. The ad at Aliexpress gives the choice of 5700 and 4000. Which is correct?
4. I don’t have any 18650 batteries, so I would have to buy at least one, if I bought this light.

Thanks.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan

LightObsession wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
LightObsession wrote:
Hi,

Does a pocket clip come with the S2+?

Are the tint options 5700 & 4700 as in the thread title or 5700 & 4000 as on the website linked in the first post?

Regarding the UI, is direct access to low from off available only if memory is disabled or if it is the memorized mode?

What battery would you recommend for the S2+? I don’t have any 18650.

Thanks.

1.pocket clip is not included.
2.I dont understand the second question.sorry.
3.You can active the memory or disable the memory.If the memory is disabled,flashlight enters into the first mode when you turn it on.
4.S2+ only runs on 18650 lithium battery .What kind of battery do you use usually?


Thanks.
1. Is there a clip that you would recommend for this light?
2. Your first post says the tint options are 5700 and 4700. The ad at Aliexpress gives the choice of 5700 and 4000. Which is correct?
4. I don’t have any 18650 batteries, so I would have to buy at least one, if I bought this light.

Thanks.

1.following two clips are all suitable
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/universal-clip-suitable-for-S2-...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/flashlight-waist-clip-stainless...

2. It’s my mistake, it should be 4000K , I will change the title,

Jack Kellar
Jack Kellar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2014 - 14:21
Posts: 1623
Location: Throwing bolts at anomalies

Simon Mao wrote:
Jack Kellar wrote:
Since we’re using this as a Q&A thread…

Is it possible to put the Nichia emitter on other lights like the M2, Simon?

Of course it can installed in M2,too


Excellent!

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2486
Location: US
Simon Mao wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
mortuus wrote:
a s2+ with triple optics and 21700 would be really nice light.

Why triple when the original S2+ can already accomodate triples? The S2+ 21700 should be sized to accommodate a Carclo 24mm diameter quad optic. Quad will provide a little extra output and efficiency over triple.

carclo is expensive and not easy to be bought in China,i want to do a little change with S2+ 21700 to adapt following quad optic.
!http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4833/46493431621_9cfa1d81b7_b.jpg!

Since you are just designing the host to accommodate a quad optic instead of making a quad version of the S2+ 21700, you can just design it around a Carclo optic. https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/454/10622_iss1_140509-1276368.pdf

The optic you show don’t have legs. When you twist the threaded pill into the head, the optic might shear off the emitters. But I guess if you make the head accomodate 24mm dia., it will work with Carclo quad.

And this is really great news. Looking forward to this and hopefully a copper version in the future.

johnkey68
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 10/12/2017 - 06:29
Posts: 117
Location: Russia

Convoy M 1, a very successful model for accommodating Carclo Optic 10621-22-23-24






Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 396
Location: China,Dong guan
SKV89 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
mortuus wrote:
a s2+ with triple optics and 21700 would be really nice light.

Why triple when the original S2+ can already accomodate triples? The S2+ 21700 should be sized to accommodate a Carclo 24mm diameter quad optic. Quad will provide a little extra output and efficiency over triple.

carclo is expensive and not easy to be bought in China,i want to do a little change with S2+ 21700 to adapt following quad optic.
!http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4833/46493431621_9cfa1d81b7_b.jpg!

Since you are just designing the host to accommodate a quad optic instead of making a quad version of the S2+ 21700, you can just design it around a Carclo optic. file:///C:/Users/dAbOMb/Downloads/2D%20Customer%20Drawing%20(PDF).pdf

The optic you show don’t have legs. When you twist the threaded pill into the head, the optic might shear off the emitters. But I guess if you make the head accomodate 24mm dia., it will work with Carclo quad.

And this is really great news. Looking forward to this and hopefully a copper version in the future.

uh,is it folder path of your PC?
file:///C:/Users/dAbOMb/Downloads/2D%20Customer%20Drawing%20(PDF).pdf

i know this lens has no legs.I will try other method to cope with this situation.

Geuzzz
Geuzzz's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2015 - 10:27
Posts: 935
Location: Netherlands

Great to see you here listening to the community Simon!

I was afraid you were getting behind on the newer flashlight developments, but I see you won’t let that happen.

Jack Kellar
Jack Kellar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2014 - 14:21
Posts: 1623
Location: Throwing bolts at anomalies

johnkey68 wrote:
Convoy M 1, a very successful model for accommodating Carclo Optic 10621-22-23-24








That’s an M2.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3665
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Simon said “carclo is expensive and not easy to be bought in China”, dear Carclo lovers. This means it is unrealistical for him to design his flashlights around Carclo optics. Maybe you could ask him to choose some alternative optics manufacturer making Carclo compatible stuff. 

 

Cheers Party 

johnkey68
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 10/12/2017 - 06:29
Posts: 117
Location: Russia

[/quote]
That’s an M2.[/quote]

So confused. Too lazy to watch your collection Big Smile

Jack Kellar
Jack Kellar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2014 - 14:21
Posts: 1623
Location: Throwing bolts at anomalies

This is an M1:


Anodized aluminium bezel, wider and more conical head, deeper fins, and the body is knurled.

I do want an M2 for myself tho Big Smile Eventually, I’ll have it.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands
Simon Mao wrote:
Barkuti wrote:

High CRI emitter options, very nice to see Simon. Still, for driver I would prefer something regulated, PWM free. Stock configurations with LD-25 could be a nice idea, although I understand it increases cost a little bit. Or maybe not? It’s a supply and demand thing, doesn’t it?


 


Cheers Party 

Yes,I can install LD25. i can sell this version to buyers if they ask me to do this customization


Good idea!

The LD25 could use better mode spacing though..
Low is very low and medium is a little high..

2Q19

AlexLED
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/04/2017 - 18:47
Posts: 40

Geuzzz wrote:
Great to see you here listening to the community Simon!

I was afraid you were getting behind on the newer flashlight developments, but I see you won’t let that happen.

+1 !!!

Great to have you here, Simon !
The colored bodies are nice, but the high-CRI are even nicer ! Smile
And, most important, especially the high-CRI put you into the flashlight leaders ! I really hope the market will honor the better light quality over merely higher numbers for the lumens !

Regards,
Alex

Chatika vas Paus
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 395
Jerommel wrote:
The LD25 could use better mode spacing though.. Low is very low and medium is a little high..

You can customize the modes yourself.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1377792#comment-1377792

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 29 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2486
Location: US

Simon, here’s a Carclo quad optic cut sheet I found. You can also buy them from Intl-outdoor.com as they are shipped from China.
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/454/10622_iss1_140509-1276368.pdf

Pages