【convoy】17mm SST40 driver with biscotti firmware and temperature protection will be available

2126 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1490
Location: Australia
SKV89 wrote:
5000k D2 is a good tint bin too.

is D2 below BBL?

can someone confirm? Davie

Nico -.-

A_M_K
A_M_K's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 08/22/2016 - 06:20
Posts: 175
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Has anyone tested the SST-20 2.700K 95CRI yet?


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975568763.html

I have an S2 with SST-20 2700K 95CRI. The tint is very warm and amber-rish, a little too much even for me. The hotspot has little bit of green, making it look tiny bit different from the rest of the beam when tested on white wall. My other S2 with SST-20 4000K 95CRI also has this greenish hotspot when shined at the wall, but in day to day use is not noticable. Overall, so far I prefer the XPL HI over the SST-20 in my S2s, the beam is nicer, no tint shifts and it’s a little bit brighter.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 924
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Simon, Are you going to make the 5000K SST-40 available as a bare emitter? I would love to buy about 10 of those. I despise the 6500K but like the output.

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 827
Location: Sydney AU

HONDARIDER wrote:
Simon, Are you going to make the 5000K SST-40 available as a bare emitter? I would love to buy about 10 of those. I despise the 6500K but like the output.

It’s there as a bare emitter – the “5000K bare” option.
hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 590
Location: UK
Nicolicous wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
5000k D2 is a good tint bin too.

is D2 below BBL?

can someone confirm? Davie

DA straddles the BBL, one third over, two thirds under. Datasheet

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 924
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Guess I should have looked first.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 924
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Wow, No PayPal available anymore. Contact seller function is not working. I just get a blank screen. Ali may not be a part of my future much longer. They are charging taxes also. Weird.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 1835
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी

HONDARIDER wrote:
Wow, No PayPal available anymore. Contact seller function is not working. I just get a blank screen. Ali may not be a part of my future much longer. They are charging taxes also. Weird.

That‘s interesting. Over here it still seems to work. I have not sent my order yet but according to the Aliexpress iPad app I can still use Paypal for Simon‘s shop. I can also use the „contact seller“ function.

 

 

 

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1543
Location: Manila, Philippines

Lux-Perpetua wrote:
<p>Has&nbsp;anyone tested the SST-20 2.700K 95CRI yet?</p>
<p>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975568763.html</p>[/quote]


Convoy S2+ (SST20-2700K, 7135x8) vs Convoy S2+ (SST20-4000K, 7135x8) vs Convoy S2+ (XPL-Hi U4-7A, 7135x8) appears last

 

1stein
1stein's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 16:25
Posts: 681
Location: Poland

Yesterday I’ve built L21A with SST-40 De-Domed running at 7A. ( driver )
I was very pleased with the result. This is how it looks. Enlightening 400kV electric line pole which is 65 meters high and around 600 meters away:

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16439
Location: Amsterdam

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Has anyone tested the SST-20 2.700K 95CRI yet?


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975568763.html


No. I tested 2 batches from Kaidomain for tint, first batch was JC1, second batch was JA3. But I did not see much difference, both tint were very nice and tested under the BBL. Simon has JB4 now, not the most promising bin because above the BBL, but who knows what it looks like in practise?
AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4394
Location: Texas

Ordered 3 bare 5000k SST-40 leds, happy to see that PayPal option is still there, I even got a $4 coupon that I could use for the purchase, ended up paying $5

Thanks Simon!

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 590
Location: UK
KevinZA1988 wrote:
Alen wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
hodor wrote:
Any plans for other colours of the M21A with reverse clicky?

what color? for example?

Clear for all flashlights

And what about desert tan?

Big fan of desert tan. Recently starting using my desert tan S2+ again and absolutely love the colour.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 924
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

HONDARIDER wrote:
Wow, No PayPal available anymore. Contact seller function is not working. I just get a blank screen. Ali may not be a part of my future much longer. They are charging taxes also. Weird.

That‘s interesting. Over here it still seems to work. I have not sent my order yet but according to the Aliexpress iPad app I can still use Paypal for Simon‘s shop. I can also use the „contact seller“ function.


 



 


 


Got the message center to work ok. Still no PayPal. Left message so hopefully I will hear something tonight.
oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 827
Location: Sydney AU

No PayPal for AU either. Wonder if it’s to do with sales tax locations – I feel like Australia used to have PayPal on AliExpress, but since the law was changed to claw back tax from overseas sales…?

LP, do you get charged any tax on top of the sale price?

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 34 min ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1144
Location: Louisiana
HONDARIDER wrote:
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

HONDARIDER wrote:
Wow, No PayPal available anymore. Contact seller function is not working. I just get a blank screen. Ali may not be a part of my future much longer. They are charging taxes also. Weird.

That‘s interesting. Over here it still seems to work. I have not sent my order yet but according to the Aliexpress iPad app I can still use Paypal for Simon‘s shop. I can also use the „contact seller“ function.


 



 


 

Got the message center to work ok. Still no PayPal. Left message so hopefully I will hear something tonight.

I just made a small purchase from the convoy store with Paypal. So it does work here, the problem must be on your end?

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4603
Location: South Europe

Paypal on aliexpress is only available in certain regions, I think most of Europe doesn’t have this option, I certainly never saw paypal on aliexpress, at least not in last 10 years.

 

Smiley_666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 07/14/2019 - 08:26
Posts: 11
Location: South Australia

oweban wrote:
No PayPal for AU either. Wonder if it’s to do with sales tax locations – I feel like Australia used to have PayPal on AliExpress, but since the law was changed to claw back tax from overseas sales…?

LP, do you get charged any tax on top of the sale price?

Didn’t have it a year (or 2… not sure how long ago it was) when I was hesitant on putting my cc details into it. Wish they did though, would have a fair bit more of my money by now haha
oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 827
Location: Sydney AU

Hmmm, yeah looking back at emails from early 2016, no PayPal there either. Ah well – no harm done, I haven’t had any dramas with cc details being misappropriated.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3516
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)
oweban wrote:
Hmmm, yeah looking back at emails from early 2016, no PayPal there either. Ah well – no harm done, I haven’t had any dramas with cc details being misappropriated.

Nope Australia always get the short end of the stick no PayPal support for Australia ever. You can PM Simon and he can process the order through PP for you.

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 827
Location: Sydney AU

True, but I’ve been happy enough with using CC. AE’s buyer protection looks good enough anyway, and every order I’ve ever done on AE has arrived.

KevinZA1988
KevinZA1988's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 02/26/2018 - 02:26
Posts: 750
Location: South Africa

For 4 years I’ve never had an issue using my CC on AliExpress.

Armytek Prime C1 Pro, Armytek Prime C2 Pro, Armytek Tiara C1 Pro, Astrolux MF01 Mini, BLF Q8, BLF A6, BLF FW1A, BLF FW3A, BLF FW3C, Convoy L6, Convoy C8+ , Convoy S3, Convoy M21A, Convoy S11, Emisar D4, Fireflies E07, Jaxman E2L, Lumintop EDC18, Manta Ray C8.2 long version, Olight S1R Baton II special edition series, S2R Baton II, Nitecore HC65, Olight H1R Nova.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JaJaDv4V838AEJf39

Smiley_666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 07/14/2019 - 08:26
Posts: 11
Location: South Australia

I should clarify; at first I was hesitant when i didn’t really know anything about the website but had no issues, it’s more of an inconvenience over the ease of paypal

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Simon, do you see any chance to ship the LG M50T via e-packet for a more attractive price to Germany?


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044646891.html


 


I am going to place my next order (mostly LEDs) soon. Unfortunately, $ 7,36 is a bit expensive for shipping 2-4 batteries.


Thank you!

i’m sorry ,i also want to find a cheap delivery way

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 827
Location: Sydney AU

Smiley_666 wrote:
I should clarify; at first I was hesitant when i didn’t really know anything about the website but had no issues, it’s more of an inconvenience over the ease of paypal

All good mate, I think I worked out what you meant after I sent all that Smile

Simon, any update on that 21700 triple? Smile

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan
Nicolicous wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
5000k D2 is a good tint bin too.

is D2 below BBL?

can someone confirm? Davie

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan

HONDARIDER wrote:
Simon, Are you going to make the 5000K SST-40 available as a bare emitter? I would love to buy about 10 of those. I despise the 6500K but like the output.


SST40 LED
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 506
Location: China,Dong guan
HONDARIDER wrote:
Wow, No PayPal available anymore. Contact seller function is not working. I just get a blank screen. Ali may not be a part of my future much longer. They are charging taxes also. Weird.

you can tell me what you need and send the paypal account to me in PM,i will send payment request ,friend.

Not via aliexpress

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 590
Location: UK

Nice, I may do that as well for my next purchase. Thanks Simon Thumbs Up

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 590
Location: UK

Any chance of desert tan M1 as well? Innocent

Pages