Anyone Have Any Experience With Acebeam’s Customer Service? My UC15 Experience.

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 748
Location: State Of Jefferson
klrman wrote:

I’m thinking about putting up a youtube vid to explain Acebeams attitude.  Never did it before, but I feel they deserve to get bad press this time.

Please klrman, I wish you would! They deserve it!

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 748
Location: State Of Jefferson

Firelight2 wrote:
Gebe wrote:
I’m not capable of doing that LumenMax as I’m technically challenged. Sad All I can say is my example is totally wonky using 10440 cells but works normally with NiMH cells.

As stated, I bought this light to use with 10440 cells and it doesn’t! I’m bummed because it doesn’t work with them as advertised!

I would be willing to ship this back to get a replacement but I still say Acebeam’s customer service is crap! Chinese New Year’s aside, they still won’t answer my emails even when C.N.Y. is now over.

Why do we here on BLF let them still advertise here when they won’t even answer several emails and others have the same problem?

I wonder if the problem isn’t the light, but rather your batteries.

What brand of 10440 are you using and where did you get them? Cheap cells might not be able maintain the current this light requires which could cause the behavior you described (inability to stay in turbo for more than a second, etc.).

Also did you buy button-top 10440 cells? If not, then your cells might be making very poor contact, which could also cause the behavior you described.

I have a UC15 that I emitter-swapped to XPL HI. Works just fine with Efest 10440 from Mountain Electronics. My 10440s were flat top. I soldered pieces of copper on their tops to convert them to button-top.

Thanks for that Firelight2 but if you read through this thread, I already stated I used button top 10440’s and in fact, I used the same 10440 Efest cells you used!

It’s just crazy that a manufacturer that WON’T answer a simple email to a customer here, they SHOUDN’T be allowed to advertise here!

Sorry, but I think ACEBEAM should be banned here unless they come aboard and answer all these complaints directed to them.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 783
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

Firelight2 wrote:
Gebe wrote:
I’m not capable of doing that LumenMax as I’m technically challenged. Sad All I can say is my example is totally wonky using 10440 cells but works normally with NiMH cells.

As stated, I bought this light to use with 10440 cells and it doesn’t! I’m bummed because it doesn’t work with them as advertised!

I would be willing to ship this back to get a replacement but I still say Acebeam’s customer service is crap! Chinese New Year’s aside, they still won’t answer my emails even when C.N.Y. is now over.

Why do we here on BLF let them still advertise here when they won’t even answer several emails and others have the same problem?

I wonder if the problem isn’t the light, but rather your batteries.

What brand of 10440 are you using and where did you get them? Cheap cells might not be able maintain the current this light requires which could cause the behavior you described (inability to stay in turbo for more than a second, etc.).

Also did you buy button-top 10440 cells? If not, then your cells might be making very poor contact, which could also cause the behavior you described.

I have a UC15 that I emitter-swapped to XPL HI. Works just fine with Efest 10440 from Mountain Electronics. My 10440s were flat top. I soldered pieces of copper on their tops to convert them to button-top.

I’m curious about this as well. I have a Wowtac A4 and put in some cheap Zanes 18650’s and the light wouldn’t work on turbo. It would flash on and return to low mode. Just couldn’t handle the amps required for turbo. Could be a legitimate problem. Seems like the NIMH work ok which leads me to believe that is possibly the problem. Hope things work out or have worked out.
Edit-The Effest should have worked. That is odd. Guess there are just bad lights. I got a Haikelite that was bad. Took 3 months to rectify. Good luck.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2178
Location: Canada

Gebe wrote:
klrman wrote:

I'm thinking about putting up a youtube vid to explain Acebeams attitude.  Never did it before, but I feel they deserve to get bad press this time.

Please klrman, I wish you would! They deserve it!

 

Best company I ever dealt with was Thrunite.  From the four Thrunite lights that I owned, one was defective and they didn't hesitate to offer a full refund or replacement right away.  Not so many companies around like that anymore.

 

Acebeam is on the other end of the spectrum, as they refuse to reply to even a simple question, not even a warranty claim.  Talk about a company that doesn't care at all about their customers in the slightest. They do make awesome lights though overall.

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 748
Location: State Of Jefferson

Thanks for the replies! I’ve decided I’m not going to let this die until Acebeam comes aboard here and answers why they at least don’t answer emails?

LumenMax
LumenMax's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 08/21/2018 - 10:50
Posts: 105
Location: NY

Gebe wrote:
Thanks for the replies! I’ve decided I’m not going to let this die until Acebeam comes aboard here and answers why they at least don’t answer emails?

 

Gebe. They claimed that they didn't receive your inquiry. Send your email to both info@acebeam.com and sales@acebeam.com and copy me. I'll PM you my email.

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3294
Location: Calif

I just sent an e-mail off to sales@acebeam.com and it came back as undeliverable.

ACEBEAM
ACEBEAM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 11/04/2016 - 05:12
Posts: 84
Location: China

Hi, Shall we know which e-mail address you sent ? You could send us PM.

sales@acebeam.com
Outdoor Illumination Expert
www.acebeam.com

ACEBEAM
ACEBEAM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 11/04/2016 - 05:12
Posts: 84
Location: China
saypat wrote:
I just sent an e-mail off to sales@acebeam.com and it came back as undeliverable.

Could you please send PM ? I will check what the reason about UNDELIVERABLE.

sales@acebeam.com
Outdoor Illumination Expert
www.acebeam.com

chinooker
chinooker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1406
Location: mid USA left coast

I just sent(~30minutes ago) an email (“Just Checking”) to sales@acebeam.com and no report back on any problems from my ISP.

chinooker
chinooker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1406
Location: mid USA left coast

and received a reply a moment ago,
Seems to be a breakdown in communication between OP and Acebeam who responded quite promptly to me.

Adhara
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 01:57
Posts: 168
Location: Usa

chinooker wrote:
and received a reply a moment ago,
Seems to be a breakdown in communication between OP and Acebeam who responded quite promptly to me.
Same here an hour or so ago, a very polite response in a short time.

Pages