Sofirn C01S SST-20 4.000K 95CRI / Low-High version available again!

766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unheard
Online
Last seen: 11 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 881
Location: Germany

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

You used a twisty light, usually starting on Moonlight, but it accidentally turned on with High mode because it interpreted one twist as two twists […]


Yes. That’s called bouncing.
Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 58

Haven’t experience that. Since I don’t use twisties regularly. Usually used a tailswitched light.

It seems that not many share my view of usefulness of true middle mode. Sublumen or moonlight won’t show you creepy crawlies. But good for reading something in a jiffy.

For me, I found out that when I want a moonlight mode, to preserve my nightvision, I have other alternative, it’s never a pressing sitauation that may save you from something. It’s more of a wants and enjoyable game type of situation.

Would like that the nice c01r three mode trickle down to the c01s series.

Anyway I’m waiting for c01s to arrive to see if the 3 lm low mode is useful other than helping you goes to the toilet. Which I never needed. Hope that they will at least be better than smartphone camera light in helping you navigate safely if you’re ever in pressing situation.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 58

Received my C01S. I can conclude imo that the current iteration of 2 mode C01S can fulfill your wants but not your need.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2146
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी

Quote:
Would like that the nice c01r three mode trickle down to the c01s series.

I asked Sofirn and maybe they will incorporate the new C01R UI into the next batch of C01S.
dk21291
dk21291's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/19/2019 - 09:08
Posts: 89

Got the new colors today (except the “new” blue, I already have 2 blues so maybe I’ll get the new one later). The new colors are the 4 on the right. I’m quite fond of the green and brown ones Thumbs Up

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3101
Location: US

How is the knurling on the raw AL? On the first run it was really rough, this looks like it might be similar to the ano ones?

dk21291
dk21291's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/19/2019 - 09:08
Posts: 89
contactcr wrote:
How is the knurling on the raw AL? On the first run it was really rough, this looks like it might be similar to the ano ones?

Honestly it feels more grippy than the original to me. but here’s a macro shot to do the talking. Looks to me to be somewhat similar knurling, but the macro makes it look deeper, which makes sense as it feels grippier. I personally think it feels nice, but I think both lights do.

New on left – original on right

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3101
Location: US

Thanks, I like the head grippy but i’ll end up sanding down the body (again) it looks like. The blasted one was fine but raw was too much for my delicate model hands. Wink

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9167
Location: Berkeley, California

If the head isn’t sufficiently unscrewed when trying to turn it off, a little side pressure in the pocket can blink the light — then turning it on intentionally makes it come on high. Needs plenty of threads so it’s safe to twist off OFF without having it fall apart.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3101
Location: US
hank wrote:
If the head isn’t sufficiently unscrewed when trying to turn it off, a little side pressure in the pocket can blink the light — then turning it on intentionally makes it come on high. Needs plenty of threads so it’s safe to twist off OFF without having it fall apart.

This is twisty momentary mode. A feature not a bug Smile

peg matite
peg matite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 01/02/2019 - 17:47
Posts: 276
Location: EOK

When will all the colors be available from Amazon???

Sari33
Offline
Last seen: 41 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2019 - 05:43
Posts: 174
Location: EU
dk21291 wrote:
contactcr wrote:
How is the knurling on the raw AL? On the first run it was really rough, this looks like it might be similar to the ano ones?

Honestly it feels more grippy than the original to me. but here’s a macro shot to do the talking. Looks to me to be somewhat similar knurling, but the macro makes it look deeper, which makes sense as it feels grippier. I personally think it feels nice, but I think both lights do.

New on left – original on right
!{width:95%}https://i.imgur.com/obkpE3p.jpg!


On twisty lights rough diamond knurling is right,but on their others lights I would prefer smoot knurling but they aren’t
mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2737
Location: Sweden
peg matite wrote:
When will all the colors be available from Amazon???

i think next month maybe.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

puglife2
puglife2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 26 min ago
Joined: 10/07/2017 - 17:56
Posts: 258

when 2000k C01S Sad

Chronovore
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 10/12/2019 - 13:24
Posts: 143
Alen wrote:
I’m also waiting for a 3 modes driver but with E21A 2000k

Oh good grief. I have a few of the C01, a bunch of the C01S, a C01R, and one of the new C01S body colors on the way. (It only let me put one in the cart.)

Now there’s a new one I have to buy? I never had a flashlight at 2000K. It sounds delightful. I’m ready to order, pre-order, contribute to a kickstarter, or wish upon a star. Just point me in the right direction. Innocent

Pages