[♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX MF01S 15000lm Flashlight Group Buy + Diffuser Cap - ALIVE

1470 posts / 0 new
Last post
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Awaiting for new coupon for this month.

Syncmasterklop wrote:
Interested in the group buy coupon.
dudunphy
dudunphy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/28/2015 - 12:22
Posts: 406
Location: Colorado

I need this in my life… Coupon still available?

Dustin

Kennyboy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/01/2019 - 05:57
Posts: 39
Location: Australia

Coupon code please

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Coupon reactivated. 5 colors to choose from now.

bbuuu
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 08:12
Posts: 81
Location: France

Interested in the group buy coupon,

still available?
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Replied.

bbuuu wrote:
Interested in the group buy coupon, still available?
Kennyboy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/01/2019 - 05:57
Posts: 39
Location: Australia

Ordered thanks freeme.

4492011
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 01/23/2019 - 19:39
Posts: 193
Location: USA Michigan

Group buy coupon please, with diffuser and holster.

bbuuu
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 08:12
Posts: 81
Location: France

Ordered !! Thank you very much

norve
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 10/18/2019 - 05:21
Posts: 13
Location: Vietnam

May I have 1 coupon please?

D4, Armytek wizard pro,Lumitop EDC05,Maglite,S42,T27,FT03, FT03 90.2, NI40 90.2, XT12GT, FT03(Osram1mm2-4040),FW3A Cu

sparky321
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/12/2020 - 02:06
Posts: 1
Location: Kentucky

Interested in the group buy coupon please.

TimKY

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Sent.

sparky321 wrote:
Interested in the group buy coupon please.
Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 552
Location: Canada

I missed out earlier, any chance on the coupon now? Thanks

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Replied.

Itsme wrote:
I missed out earlier, any chance on the coupon now? Thanks
Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 552
Location: Canada

Thanks Freeme, got a blue 5000K

Dompappa
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 05/14/2020 - 14:55
Posts: 2
Location: Georgia

Been thinking about this one, any coupons left? Thank you!

Would like to get with holster and diffuser as well

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Thank you so much! Cheers!

Itsme wrote:
Thanks Freeme, got a blue 5000K

 

You got mail.

Dompappa wrote:
Been thinking about this one, any coupons left? Thank you! Would like to get with holster and diffuser as well
Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 313
Location: NY , USA

I may be a bit out of touch these days, but can someone tell if the overheating and quick lumen dial down has been resolved for MF01s mini? Also I saw someone was offering copper heat sink cover plate separately. Is this still a separate thing that has to be separately installed or do the stock models now come with this copper cover plate ?
Thanks !

Quintin88
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2020 - 04:39
Posts: 3
Location: South Africa

Hi everyone, my first post here. I just read all 49 pages of this thread, quite the journey!

I ordered my first “non-typical” light! Should arrive in the next few days. (MF01S Sand 6500K ordered on BG)

I saw some posts and threads that advised pre-use actions ranging from cleaning to led-reflow and repaste, to ensure it does not burn LED’s due to low thermal conductivity from bad solder job.

I have’t taken apart any flashlights before, but have some limited experience with a soldering iron etc.

I was hoping some of the experienced users could give me advise as to what you think I should do before first use:
1: Disassemble main components and clean with alcohol?
2: Lift LED board, clean factory thermal grease, and apply high end CPU thermal grease? (Non electrical conducting Grizzly Kryonaut)
3: Attempt to reflow LED’s. (Very scared of this)

Also, I already bought 4 VTC6 flat top batteries, planning to remove the reverse polarity protection rings (If they are even still included with the light?) and just being VERY careful when inserting the cells.

The brightest light I own right now is an Olight H2R that I edc, so looking forward to some “real” power!
Thanks in advance,
Cheers

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12621
Location: Houston Texas

Quintin88 wrote:
Hi everyone, my first post here. I just read all 49 pages of this thread, quite the journey!

I ordered my first “non-typical” light! Should arrive in the next few days. (MF01S Sand 6500K ordered on BG)

I saw some posts and threads that advised pre-use actions ranging from cleaning to led-reflow and repaste, to ensure it does not burn LED’s due to low thermal conductivity from bad solder job.

I have’t taken apart any flashlights before, but have some limited experience with a soldering iron etc.

I was hoping some of the experienced users could give me advise as to what you think I should do before first use:
1: Disassemble main components and clean with alcohol?
2: Lift LED board, clean factory thermal grease, and apply high end CPU thermal grease? (Non electrical conducting Grizzly Kryonaut)
3: Attempt to reflow LED’s. (Very scared of this)

Also, I already bought 4 VTC6 flat top batteries, planning to remove the reverse polarity protection rings (If they are even still included with the light?) and just being VERY careful when inserting the cells.

The brightest light I own right now is an Olight H2R that I edc, so looking forward to some “real” power!
Thanks in advance,
Cheers


I would just use it normally.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8732

Don't fix something that's not broken. 

Instead, simply give it 5-10mins visual inspection to look out for:

  1. Loose or missing parts for springs and connectors.
  2. Perform continuity test for battery carrier/ compartment.
  3. Condition of flashlight threads. Clean off any residues to reduce wear and tear.  
  4. LEDs for dirt, burn marks or chip off parts.
  5. Solder joints leading to mcpcb, and leftover solder blobs which might potentially cause short-circuit.

Thermal paste upgrade doable but only if you are very keen to push the limit of the light and some spare time for it. Probably it is about 20mins job?

I am quite sure less than 1% of the buyers would attempt to reflow of those LEDs.  

Quintin88 wrote:
I have't taken apart any flashlights before, but have some limited experience with a soldering iron etc. I was hoping some of the experienced users could give me advise as to what you think I should do before first use: 1: Disassemble main components and clean with alcohol? 2: Lift LED board, clean factory thermal grease, and apply high end CPU thermal grease? (Non electrical conducting Grizzly Kryonaut) 3: Attempt to reflow LED's. (Very scared of this) Also, I already bought 4 VTC6 flat top batteries, planning to remove the reverse polarity protection rings (If they are even still included with the light?) and just being VERY careful when inserting the cells. The brightest light I own right now is an Olight H2R that I edc, so looking forward to some "real" power! Thanks in advance, Cheers

 

 

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 637
Location: Finland

I been trying to find answer on how much constant lumens this puts out when it drops down from turbo, but cant seem to find any. Is there any runtime graphs somewhere?

Quintin88
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2020 - 04:39
Posts: 3
Location: South Africa

Thanks @freeme,

Yeah, I hear you. I am not planning to run it particularly hard or anything. I just want to to A: Not kill itself the first time I go to Turbo and B: Last a long time.
(From all the posts I read, I realised I should not expect Olight quality/reliability, but then again, the output and price/performance is also a lot better with a light like this. (Not to mention the UI, looking forward to that a lot!) So just trying to give it the best chance at lasting I can)

Think I will probably do the clean and thermal paste. I am under the impression I would not need to de-solder any wires or anything to get the LED board lifted to do the repaste? (I hope that is the case!)
Will turn it on before doing anything, just not go to high/turbo.

Will try to take pics and document the process, maybe someone else here finds it interesting.

Cheers
Q

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12621
Location: Houston Texas

MoreLumens wrote:
I been trying to find answer on how much constant lumens this puts out when it drops down from turbo, but cant seem to find any. Is there any runtime graphs somewhere?

Not that I’ve seen. This light uses Anduril which means it will adjust itself up or down based on it’s temperature. Other lights this size using Anduril tend to average about three thousand to four thousand lumen continuous. Maybe an owner can give us a more accurate reading.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12621
Location: Houston Texas

Quintin88 wrote:
Thanks @freeme,

Yeah, I hear you. I am not planning to run it particularly hard or anything. I just want to to A: Not kill itself the first time I go to Turbo and B: Last a long time.
(From all the posts I read, I realised I should not expect Olight quality/reliability, but then again, the output and price/performance is also a lot better with a light like this. (Not to mention the UI, looking forward to that a lot!) So just trying to give it the best chance at lasting I can)

Think I will probably do the clean and thermal paste. I am under the impression I would not need to de-solder any wires or anything to get the LED board lifted to do the repaste? (I hope that is the case!)
Will turn it on before doing anything, just not go to high/turbo.

Will try to take pics and document the process, maybe someone else here finds it interesting.

Cheers
Q


You’ll definitely need to unsolder 5 wires if you plan to lift the MCPCB to change the thermal paste.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 637
Location: Finland
JasonWW wrote:
MoreLumens wrote:
I been trying to find answer on how much constant lumens this puts out when it drops down from turbo, but cant seem to find any. Is there any runtime graphs somewhere?
Not that I’ve seen. This light uses Anduril which means it will adjust itself up or down based on it’s temperature. Other lights this size using Anduril tend to average about three thousand to four thousand lumen continuous. Maybe an owner can give us a more accurate reading.

Thanks. Yes Anduril is one of the reasons I consider this light as my next light it all with flood, but would like to know some info before that. I also have Mini so this bigger version would be nice pair for it.

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 637
Location: Finland

I could still take a coupon for MF01S with diffuser. LOL

Quintin88
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2020 - 04:39
Posts: 3
Location: South Africa

JasonWW wrote:
Quintin88 wrote:
Thanks @freeme,

Yeah, I hear you. I am not planning to run it particularly hard or anything. I just want to to A: Not kill itself the first time I go to Turbo and B: Last a long time.
(From all the posts I read, I realised I should not expect Olight quality/reliability, but then again, the output and price/performance is also a lot better with a light like this. (Not to mention the UI, looking forward to that a lot!) So just trying to give it the best chance at lasting I can)

Think I will probably do the clean and thermal paste. I am under the impression I would not need to de-solder any wires or anything to get the LED board lifted to do the repaste? (I hope that is the case!)
Will turn it on before doing anything, just not go to high/turbo.

Will try to take pics and document the process, maybe someone else here finds it interesting.

Cheers
Q


You’ll definitely need to unsolder 5 wires if you plan to lift the MCPCB to change the thermal paste.

Dammit, that makes me more hesitant. Will check what it looks like when I do the cleaning, and make a call then.

Thanks

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 855
Location: New Zealand

I’ve been planning to import these to sell, what’s everyone’s thoughts on reliability?

Have there been many issues? The last thing I want is have to be constantly repairing them

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

Pages