[4K Review] Emisar D18 SST-20 4000k

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 592
Location: Wakefield
[4K Review] Emisar D18 SST-20 4000k

Better tint than the ROT66 219B?

My 4K Flashlight reviews (X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Relampago
Relampago's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 04/14/2019 - 11:44
Posts: 239

Great review! They are getting better and this might be your best so far. Good info and clean editing, nice job. The tint on those 219B’s looks really decent, those SST-20’s ain’t half bad either.

“Electricity is really just organized lightning”
― George Carlin

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 592
Location: Wakefield
Relampago wrote:
Great review! They are getting better and this might be your best so far. Good info and clean editing, nice job. The tint on those 219B’s looks really decent, those SST-20’s ain’t half bad either.

I love the ROT66 219B, reds really pop without a yellow tinge to everything, the SST-20 just felt a tad too warm but it did mirror midday sunlight.

My 4K Flashlight reviews (X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

nick779
nick779's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2018 - 15:46
Posts: 237
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Thats was one of the most pleasant light reviews ive come across in years.

Ive been using lightning mode on my Q8, but I kinda want a D18 to up the ante a bit haha. Im just a little tempted to get the XPL-HI version.

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 592
Location: Wakefield

nick779 wrote:
Thats was one of the most pleasant light reviews ive come across in years.

Ive been using lightning mode on my Q8, but I kinda want a D18 to up the ante a bit haha. Im just a little tempted to get the XPL-HI version.

Lightning mode kinda failed on my D18 as it’s too warm and floody, I think a 5000-6500k XPL will really work

My 4K Flashlight reviews (X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 4206
Location: Canada

The thing is that the XP-L HI version is actually as throwy as the SST-20 4000k version.

If you really want more throw, you have to get 5000k.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/64047
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 592
Location: Wakefield

BlueSwordM wrote:
The thing is that the XP-L HI version is actually as throwy as the SST-20 4000k version.

If you really want more throw, you have to get 5000k.

I have the frosted optic which means the lightening doesn’t really cast much flashing light on an area. It just looks like the torch has a loose connection lol.

My 4K Flashlight reviews (X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 4206
Location: Canada

Ah ok.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/64047
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 592
Location: Wakefield

My Fireflies E07 puts a lot of Lux on a distant tree etc and you can see the little nuances of the lightning flicker.

My 4K Flashlight reviews (X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

MonkeyLight
MonkeyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2018 - 13:24
Posts: 28
Location: South Africa

Good work Thumbs Up ………Excellent and enjoyable video review Wink

Relampago
Relampago's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 04/14/2019 - 11:44
Posts: 239

Flashaholics wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
The thing is that the XP-L HI version is actually as throwy as the SST-20 4000k version.

If you really want more throw, you have to get 5000k.

I have the frosted optic which means the lightening doesn’t really cast much flashing light on an area. It just looks like the torch has a loose connection lol.

I have the 5000k and didn’t go with the frosted optic, lightning on it works awesome!

“Electricity is really just organized lightning”
― George Carlin

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 2407
Location: US

Nice video. I like the tint comparison. The tint is actually pretty close the the 219B version. Seems like Emisar found a good tint bin for the SST-20 than the FB4 that they were using previously in the D4S.