WTS: Sofirn loot boxes / half-price variety packs

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

In any case, I have some boxes set aside and I’m about to go have an educational day at the post office.

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 420
Location: GA

RobertB wrote:
I’ve gotten a few lights from Sofirn to test as well. Amazon makes it entirely too easy to return stuff like this. People don’t know what a 18650 battery is or how to charge them, or how to operate something other than on/off. …

I was almost one of those product-returners.
I got two Sofirn lights from Amazon.
- Unpack the first one, check it out – no light. Take it apart, put it back together – no light.
- Unpack the second – no light. Take it apart – insulator disk falls of the battery. Put it back together – LIGHT!
- Take the first apart again – find insulator disk stuck perfectly to the base of the battery. Completely invisible to a casual visual inspection. Put back together without insulator – LIGHT!

Yeah – the safety insulator had stuck itself to the battery, and was a perfect fit and a good enough color match that I had no idea it was there. Entirely a NOOB issue.

I wonder how many of the returns TK has are because of reasons like this?

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 420
Location: GA

Starkm32 wrote:
A bit off topic, but the hand holding the lights seem to be male- not feminine.

I thought TK is of the female persuasion.

Back to topic. My FAS (Flashlight Acquision Syndrome) is strong, but I must resist!

ROFLFAS is my methadone, working hard to keep me safe from BRD and Stamp Collecting.
(Black Rifle Disease, NFA tax stamps)

Uh Oh… if past history predicts the future, I’m in for a bad run of TDD.
(Tandem Dysfunction Disorder – Can’t have One without having Two)

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

amishbill wrote:
NOOB issue.

I wonder how many of the returns TK has are because of reasons like this?

Probably quite a few… because most of the time I can’t find anything wrong with the items. Sometimes maybe the issue is that they didn’t realize it requires a li-ion battery, sometimes maybe they didn’t notice the sticker on the end of the cell… which is required for shipping. Or maybe people just changed their mind and marked it as “defective” so the return would be allowed.

Occasionally the items look like they’ve been heavily used for a long time, and not gently. Like, someone may have ordered a new one and returned the old one as if it was new. Rude. But I’m not sending those. Maybe later, for a lower price, if someone wants to buy a whole load of heavily used and/or broken items, but I’m not sure why anyone would want to.

Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair.

BTW, about the stickers on cells… if it leaves residue behind, the residue is pretty easy to remove by tapping it a few times with the sticker. The sticky bits stick to each other a lot more than they stick to the cell, so it should come right off.

Starkm32 wrote:
Back to topic. My FAS (Flashlight Acquision Syndrome) is strong, but I must resist!

Among people who make music, it’s called GAS — Gear Acquisition Syndrome. And that’s general enough I think it might apply here too. When there are shiny new things, it’s hard not to have a bad case of gas.

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 210
Location: Okla.

ToyKeeper wrote:
…Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair…..
You have to charge a premium for that flashlight with genuine fur finish. It’s special. Big Smile

Am I assuming correctly that these are coming to USA from, like, Singapore? Just trying to picture transit time and understand why the post office tracking simply states,
*Status
Information Available Soon*

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7646
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

ToyKeeper wrote:
amishbill wrote:
NOOB issue.

I wonder how many of the returns TK has are because of reasons like this?

Probably quite a few… because most of the time I can’t find anything wrong with the items. Sometimes maybe the issue is that they didn’t realize it requires a li-ion battery, sometimes maybe they didn’t notice the sticker on the end of the cell… which is required for shipping. Or maybe people just changed their mind and marked it as “defective” so the return would be allowed.

Occasionally the items look like they’ve been heavily used for a long time, and not gently. Like, someone may have ordered a new one and returned the old one as if it was new. Rude. But I’m not sending those. Maybe later, for a lower price, if someone wants to buy a whole load of heavily used and/or broken items, but I’m not sure why anyone would want to.

Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair.

BTW, about the stickers on cells… if it leaves residue behind, the residue is pretty easy to remove by tapping it a few times with the sticker. The sticky bits stick to each other a lot more than they stick to the cell, so it should come right off.

Starkm32 wrote:
Back to topic. My FAS (Flashlight Acquision Syndrome) is strong, but I must resist!

Among people who make music, it’s called GAS — Gear Acquisition Syndrome. And that’s general enough I think it might apply here too. When there are shiny new things, it’s hard not to have a bad case of gas.


I would be interested in the “heavily used” items (the ones that still function correctly, at least) if they came with a “heavily discounted” price to match. Innocent

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7646
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Rexlion wrote:
ToyKeeper wrote:
…Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair…..
You have to charge a premium for that flashlight with genuine fur finish. It’s special. Big Smile
Sick Sick Sick

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Rexlion wrote:
why the post office tracking simply states, *Status Information Available Soon*

… because it was the wrong tracking number. Facepalm

Anyway, I found the typo and sent the correct number.

acquacow
acquacow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/07/2019 - 21:33
Posts: 3
Location: DC

I’m in for a set.

All I have is my Fenix PD-32 Sad

evil_andy
evil_andy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/15/2019 - 21:30
Posts: 13

acquacow wrote:
I’m in for a set.

All I have is my Fenix PD-32 Sad

excellent…

acquacow
acquacow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/07/2019 - 21:33
Posts: 3
Location: DC

evil_andy wrote:
acquacow wrote:
I’m in for a set.

All I have is my Fenix PD-32 Sad

excellent…

You are a bad, bad influence…

Thank you.

Starkm32
Starkm32's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2019 - 11:12
Posts: 149

While I may have some protection, some anti-GAS (Q8, D4S, GT Mini, 3x S2+, etc),
iff someone receiving their Sofirn CARE Packages don’t “care” for their AA lights, and either shitcan-ing them, or are looking
For a cheep sale, HMU!

I have a fetish for pocketable EDC AA throwers! & I cringe at the looks ppl throw when they
See the bulge in my pants pockets, lugging a Q8…

All in the name of flashcol-ogy, of course….

From one flashaholic, to another. Hic! Smile

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

I initially put together nine boxes. Six are shipped out, and one more is claimed… so there are currently only two left.

More can be put together, but they’ll have a different mixture of items inside and I’m not quite sure what yet. Gotta go through the remaining items and see what makes sense. Will probably post those individually, with the exact contents listed.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9500
Location: nyc
ToyKeeper wrote:
Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair.

Ah, yes. That would definitely be a Sofurn flashlight…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6524
Location: The Light
Lightbringer wrote:
ToyKeeper wrote:
Oh, and one item came with a bunch of cat hair.

Ah, yes. That would definitely be a Sofurn flashlight…

Facepalm Facepalm Big Smile

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Caleb
Caleb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 01:28
Posts: 602

TK, any chance of getting multiples of just one model? In my case I’m interested in 21700 C8F.

Thanks,
Caleb

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 13 hours ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4186
Location: CT

this is a really great deal, thanks to TK for putting these together

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 210
Location: Okla.

Yeah, thanks! My box arrived today… everything looks awesome! I’m loving the C8F and the SP36.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Caleb wrote:
TK, any chance of getting multiples of just one model? In my case I’m interested in 21700 C8F.

If you want a whole box of SP36 or SP32A V2.0, I can definitely help with that. Smile

timbo114
timbo114's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 08/21/2014 - 14:24
Posts: 364
Location: On a lake in SW PA

Any NW Sp36?

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9964
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
timbo114 wrote:
Any NW Sp36?

Nope, I think these are all the Sofirn version, not the BLF version. The tint seems to be around 5300K to 5700K. They run NarsilM 1.2.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 1681
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी

ToyKeeper wrote:
amishbill wrote:
NOOB issue. I wonder how many of the returns TK has are because of reasons like this?
Probably quite a few... because most of the time I can't find anything wrong with the items. Sometimes maybe the issue is that they didn't realize it requires a li-ion battery, sometimes maybe they didn't notice the sticker on the end of the cell... which is required for shipping. [...]

 

That’s exactly the same situation over here. Many of their flashlights were obviously returned because of those stickers on the battery‘s bottom side - especially with SP36 lights.

 

I have been discussing this issue with Sofirn and eventually created some kind of an illustration what to pay attention for before using the flashlight.

 

 

I strongly suggested to including this information into their manuals (at least in written text). But they did not want to put it into their manuals nor onto the cardboard boxes. The only place where you might find this information is on the Amazon page.

Starkm32
Starkm32's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2019 - 11:12
Posts: 149

By including that small but essential info, Sofirn could reduce the tedium, and cost, of lost revenue.

Commerce redux. Economics 101.

Hey, whatever lights their slow boat. Smile

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

That’s exactly the same situation over here. Many of their flashlights were obviously returned because of those stickers on the battery‘s bottom side - especially with SP36 lights.
I have been discussing this issue with Sofirn and eventually created some kind of an illustration what to pay attention for before using the flashlight.


I strongly suggested to including this information into their manuals (at least in written text). But they did not want to put it into their manuals nor onto the cardboard boxes. The only place where you might find this information is on the Amazon page.
That is a great illustration Lux-Perpetua… Thumbs Up
I find it sadly amazing Sofirn did not want to use it in the manuals or on the box. Facepalm .
It could only help in reducing the number of needless returns…..

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 1681
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी

I totally agree with you teacher. It’s sad they don’t want to take that advice. It would seemlessly fit into the „troubleshooting“ section of the manual, but it is what it is. 

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\ .. Thumbs Up … Yep… you tried at least.
One can lead a horse to water, but ya’ can’t make him drink… Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Skylight
Skylight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2018 - 04:49
Posts: 282
Location: Europe

Do you have any lights that don’t work because the driver or leds are broken? If yes, I would be interested to get some as hosts for modding.

By the way, did you ever get an international shipping quote? Maybe fewer lights and less weight would be feasible? I wish, I would also get whole boxes of flashlights sent from Sofirn. Cool Crazy

Always looking for: used or damaged flashlights for repair and MODDING

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 1681
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी
teacher wrote:
*/\* .. Thumbs Up ... Yep... you tried at least. _One can lead a horse to water, but ya' can't make him drink..._ ;)
I love those quotes!  Thumbs Up Big Smile I got another one: „There is none so deaf as those who will not hear.“ Wink
teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Lux-Perpetua wrote:
teacher wrote:
/\ .. Thumbs Up … Yep… you tried at least. One can lead a horse to water, but ya’ can’t make him drink… Wink
I love those quotes!  Thumbs Up Big Smile
I got another one: „There is none so deaf as those who will not hear.“ Wink
I do to!! Beer . And there is truth in all of them. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2901
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Don’t write it off as absolute unwillingness. It often is a mix of language and cultural differences.
Last week I (YYY) asked a seller (XXX) if he could provide me with a retaining ring. This is what happened:

From: XXX
To: YYY
——————-

uh ,it’s old version ,it’s hard to find some

===============================

From: YYY
To: XXX
——————
Hello XXX,

I have not heard from you in some days now.

Are you still looking? Please let me know.
If you are not looking any longer, that’s OK.
In that case I will try some other sources.

Best regards,
YYY
(Henk4U2)

================================

From: XXX
To: YYY
——————

I reply you last time.
uh ,it’s old version ,it’s hard to find some

================================

His second answer keeps me totally in the dark. As did his first answer.
Maybe he is just too polite, or too proud, to tell me he can’t help me.
IDK. Won’t ask him no more.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

Pages