Aliexpress - never again

83 posts / 0 new
Last post
scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
scosgt wrote:
Mark M wrote:
scosgt wrote:
They really suck. First they charge sales tax, which you KNOW they are not remitting to the State.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof they are not paying the appropriate tax? It would be fairly easy to find out, and I see no reason to say they won’t just because they are Chinese.

How can New York State force a company in China to remit the money?

By the same legal mechanisms that they use for American companies. For one AliExpress is listed on the NYSE so there are laws they have to abide by for the SEC to allow them to be listed. Not to mention they often use American payment processors like PayPal who also have to follow the law.

Good point. Not sure I buy it, it you could be correct.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Tracking numbers are a service that the post office offers on any size package, maybe a merchant is too cheap to pay for a tracking number but then they should not advertise that they provide a working tracking number.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York

I can’t deal with his nonsense!
The package has a value of over $100
It is supposed to be shipped EMS. EMS does scan every package.
USPS scans every package with a tracking number.
He must be their employee.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

No doubt he is.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
Tracking numbers are a service that the post office offers on any size package, maybe a merchant is too cheap to pay for a tracking number but then they should not advertise that they provide a working tracking number.

They sent me a tracking number.
The first two items arrived and were tracked.
The package that came today was (2) 26650 batteries. Small enough to fit into my mailbox.
It was scanned by both EMS and USPS.

The item I am complaining about has a tracking number that was sent to me July 3 with a note that said “SHIPPED
But the number does not show up anyplace on any system. That is the complaint. If it is actually shipped it will show as a live number someplace.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

I get that, I am only trying to explain to this other dude how tracking numbers work.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
I get that, I am only trying to explain to this other dude how tracking numbers work.

You can’t explain anything to him. He joined for the sole purpose of calling me stupid.

BTW, if you buy something and there is no tracking, they can not prove you got it. Therefore you don’t have to pay for it.
Think about it.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
scosgt wrote:
Mark M wrote:
Tracking numbers are a service that the post office offers on any size package, maybe a merchant is too cheap to pay for a tracking number but then they should not advertise that they provide a working tracking number.

The item I am complaining about has a tracking number that was sent to me July 3 with a note that said “SHIPPED
But the number does not show up anyplace on any system. That is the complaint. If it is actually shipped it will show as a live number someplace.

It once happened to me from a parcel sent by FastTech. The number won’t show in any tracking site, only to eventually be discovered that the typist of FT made a mistake with one number!

On the other hand, while the majority of my orders have useful tracking infos once it goes “live”, I have lots of experiences where tracking information seemed to just be useless with reasons I will never know, though eventually the parcels arrive. This scenario had happened from USA or China, etc. USPS, some Chinese couriers, and even once in Fedex.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

It is more that shipping from China used to be subsidized by our government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/11/05/how-the-usps-epacket-gives-postal-subsidies-to-chinese-e-commerce-merchants-to-ship-to-the-usa-cheap/#3c87fc9d40ca

The Trump administration pulled out of this program and now sellers have to pay more for these services, but many sellers were only able to maintain profitability because of the subsidy. Now they are forced to compete with US sellers with a more level playing field and they don’t want to pay for these extras like tracking.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
tatasal wrote:
scosgt wrote:
Mark M wrote:
Tracking numbers are a service that the post office offers on any size package, maybe a merchant is too cheap to pay for a tracking number but then they should not advertise that they provide a working tracking number.

The item I am complaining about has a tracking number that was sent to me July 3 with a note that said “SHIPPED
But the number does not show up anyplace on any system. That is the complaint. If it is actually shipped it will show as a live number someplace.

It once happened to me from a parcel sent by FastTech. The number won’t show in any tracking site, only to eventually be discovered that the typist of FT made a mistake with one number!

On the other hand, while the majority of my orders have useful tracking infos once it goes ‘live, I have lots of experiences where tracking information seemed to just be useless with reasons I will never know, though eventually the parcels arrive. This scenario had happened from USA or China, etc.

I agree, same has happened to me. In fact Banggood, which I now find to be super, sends out incorrect tracking numbers. I had two orders that they left off “92” on the front of the tracking they sent, which drove me nuts until I found out that the incomplete numbers can be tracked on the “17” site.
I just don’t like when they say SHIPPED and the number does not track 3 weeks later. Just mark it PROCESSING until you ship, no suspense that way,

moderator007
moderator007's picture
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 04:47
Posts: 3116
Location: North Carolina

js2414899 wrote:
See how much you know, see how little your mind think! I have been ordering from AliExpress since 2014. I never had a problem receiving my orders. It’s not AliExpress. It’s only the post office not wanting to track small packages, they only track large packages. Just be polite to ask both parties why. USA customer need to learn how to communicate, instead of making a small situation out of a big deal. Was it a small package?

Well since you have been ordering from aliexpress since 2014, where do you live? It’s obvious your not from the USA since you have never had a problem and your using some kind of translator.
From our point of view, its a gamble ever time we order there with sellers we don’t know or trust. If you don’t believe me do a google search for “aliexpress scam”.
People have problems all the time including me, just search for it.
.
As already stated “just a Aliexpress shill”
scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
js2414899 wrote:
If you would ask them, they would tell you the same I’m SURE. You better go back to school to learn how to read either way it’s printed. AS LONG AS U RECEIVE UR ORDER IN THE TIME FRAME AFTER SHIPPED. WITH ARE WITHOUT TRACKING IT’S NOTHING YOU CAN DO IF U RECEIVED THE ORDER AS DESCRIBE. I’M SURE YOU RECEIVED A TRACKING NUMBER FOR UR ORDER. THAT WASN’T FOUND IN USA POSTAL TRACKING, BECAUSE THE POST OFFICE DOESN’T SCAN TO TRACK SMALL HAND SIZE PACKAGES. THAT WAS LAST TRACKED COMING FROM SOME WHERE OVERSEAS.

Good God man. I alreay told you it was EMS and EMS DOES IN FACT track in China when the package is received.

FIX YOUR KEYBOARD YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
js2414899 wrote:
If you would ask them, they would tell you the same I’m SURE. You better go back to school to learn how to read either way it’s printed. AS LONG AS U RECEIVE UR ORDER IN THE TIME FRAME AFTER SHIPPED. WITH ARE WITHOUT TRACKING IT’S NOTHING YOU CAN DO IF U RECEIVED THE ORDER AS DESCRIBE. I’M SURE YOU RECEIVED A TRACKING NUMBER FOR UR ORDER. THAT WASN’T FOUND IN USA POSTAL TRACKING, BECAUSE THE POST OFFICE DOESN’T SCAN TO TRACK SMALL HAND SIZE PACKAGES. THAT WAS LAST TRACKED COMING FROM SOME WHERE OVERSEAS.

Don’t make a conjecture that you can not back up. Where is your proof?

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
moderator007 wrote:
js2414899 wrote:
See how much you know, see how little your mind think! I have been ordering from AliExpress since 2014. I never had a problem receiving my orders. It’s not AliExpress. It’s only the post office not wanting to track small packages, they only track large packages. Just be polite to ask both parties why. USA customer need to learn how to communicate, instead of making a small situation out of a big deal. Was it a small package?
Well since you have been ordering from aliexpress since 2014, where do you live? It’s obvious your not from the USA since you have never had a problem and your using some kind of translator. From our point of view, its a gamble ever time we order there with sellers we don’t know or trust. If you don’t believe me do a google search for “aliexpress scam”. People have problems all the time including me, just search for it. . As already stated “just a Aliexpress shill”

Thanks you Sir!

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
Mark M wrote:
they don’t want to pay for these extras like tracking.

I don’t know with the other China vendors, but Gearbest, even when I choose the cheaper ‘no tracking’, now have a courier service that I can input their ‘shipping information’ and viola, my parcel is tracked. (I forgot the website though.)

Perhaps they are doing this to avoid some unscrupulous people from asking for refunds alleging non-arrival when in fact it did?

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

You are probably correct tatasal. I know for a fact that tracking services cost more for Chinese vendors and it can cost a few extra dollars. We are spoiled in the USA in that it is standard for us to receive tracking numbers, but many sellers in other countries don’t want to pay for tracking services. Lexel for example has to charge extra for it, because the USPS charges more for the service to be provided to the postal service in his country.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York

This was purchased from Simon and he has a great reputation here. So I don’t know quite what to make of this. I did message him, did not get a response yet.

moderator007
moderator007's picture
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 04:47
Posts: 3116
Location: North Carolina

Simon is not known to be a fast responder but he is known to take care of problems.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
scosgt wrote:
This was purchased from Simon and he has a great reputation here. So I don’t know quite what to make of this. I did message him, did not get a response yet.

Most probably a system malfunction or personnel error on Aliexpress then.

Relax, I bet it will just pop up like a rabbit on these days. Beer

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Looks like the tariffs are really making some people angry.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
js2414899 wrote:
You have no understanding, how successful services operate. If you don’t agree with service, don’t visit the website. NOBODY MADE ARE SAID YOU HAD TO VISIT THE WEBSITE ARE PURCHASE ANYTHING YOU DON’T WANT TO. It’s the only affordable website that pays for your shipping fees. It’s real affordable, it’s real product that you wouldn’t find for half price. Are you can pay double are triple the amount in USA stores.

You may be correct there, but your slip is showing, very clearly now.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York

Actually, I paid for shipping.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
js2414899 wrote:
You should call post office to ask WHY WASN’T THE TRACKING NUMBER FOUND, THAT YOU RECIEVED FROM ALIEXPRESS. SO IF ALIEXPRESS DIDN’T GIVE YOU A TRACKING FOR SMALL PACKAGES THAT’S WHY. BUT I’M SURE THEY DID.

You are the third wheel that nobody wants around, please go away and back to your firewall.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
js2414899 wrote:
You should call post office to ask WHY WASN’T THE TRACKING NUMBER FOUND, THAT YOU RECIEVED FROM ALIEXPRESS. SO IF ALIEXPRESS DIDN’T GIVE YOU A TRACKING FOR SMALL PACKAGES THAT’S WHY. BUT I’M SURE THEY DID.

You are the third wheel that nobody wants around, please go away and back to your firewall.

I second that request

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
scosgt wrote:
Mark M wrote:
js2414899 wrote:
You should call post office to ask WHY WASN’T THE TRACKING NUMBER FOUND, THAT YOU RECIEVED FROM ALIEXPRESS. SO IF ALIEXPRESS DIDN’T GIVE YOU A TRACKING FOR SMALL PACKAGES THAT’S WHY. BUT I’M SURE THEY DID.

You are the third wheel that nobody wants around, please go away and back to your firewall.

I second that request

Third.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East

In the meantime, let’s spam out this guy’s posts, all of them. Go!

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York

Moderators need to deal with him.

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 6 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5236
Location: Far East
scosgt wrote:
Moderators need to deal with him.

I already sent a pm to sb.

All I need are 4 more members to ‘mark as spam’ all his posts, and it will be all gone. I already did.

Edit: The ‘mark as spam’ is found at near the bottom right-most of each post.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 527
Location: New York
tatasal wrote:
scosgt wrote:
Moderators need to deal with him.

I already sent a pm to sb.

All I need are 4 more members to ‘mark as spam’ all his posts, and it will be all gone. I already did.

Sounds like a plan

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 4301
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Overall my experience with AliExpress or any other vendor is flawless. This is because of the way I believe with regards to overseas commerce and sales. Suffice to say, a great way of believing.

I've been buying small packages from the far east for many years. I grew accustomed to month long waits (or even more), and tracking numbers were not even an option for me until a the last 3 years or so.

Our postal service (Correos) is right now to its very brim, among other things I know this because I have a friend working in a postal office (so Wink I know). This is causing the AliExpress system telling me “please confirm delivery for order whatever” because depending on the carrier the AE system may show an item delivered when it is not yet… Big Smile

I feel very fortunate in this regard suffice to say. LOL

My advice is believe right (you will receive your package 100% sure), be patient, take some deep breaths, relax, then fire and forget. Once the postman or postwoman delivers you'll know. Innocent

 

Cheers Party 

 

Pages