[4K Review] Astrolux MF01S - The most fun pop can light?

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
[4K Review] Astrolux MF01S - The most fun pop can light?

Nice light, gets a bit toasty!

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

CM2010
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 07/19/2012 - 05:48
Posts: 555
Location: England

Another great review.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

Great review as usual thanks!  Throw is amazing for that type of light.  I ordered the 4000k and may regret it when it arrives.  

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16541
Location: Amsterdam
Cool
Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
klrman wrote:

Great review as usual thanks!  Throw is amazing for that type of light.  I ordered the 4000k and may regret it when it arrives.  

I regret getting the 4000K D18.

I only like the 4k tint of the ROT66 219B, it’s outstanding.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

Flashaholics wrote:
klrman wrote:

Great review as usual thanks!  Throw is amazing for that type of light.  I ordered the 4000k and may regret it when it arrives.  

I regret getting the 4000K D18. I only like the 4k tint of the ROT66 219B, it's outstanding.

 

I'm already thinking of selling when it arrives if it's too  yellow for me.

B.I.O.G.
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 16:02
Posts: 5
Location: Miami Fl.

Ordered today. Thanks for the code.

I opted for 6,500k so it could go apples to apples against my D18. Kinda blue, but VERY bright.

Carry a sharp knife and a bright light.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3568
Location: US

Nice entertaining review as usual. Love that giant focused hotspot with little spill. That throw is simply amazing considering how big that hotspot is. It seems to throw more than Astrolux claims. I would have considered getting the 6500K version considering how much brighter it is than the 4000K 95CRI but that greenish tint I see in your video makes the 6500k much less attractive. Btw, Texas Ace worked with Mateminco to procure the SST-20 4000K FA3 and FD2 tint bins that are much less green than the SST-20 4000K FB4 tint bin that was used in the D18. The FA3 and FD2 should appear a little closer to the ROT66 219B but not as rosy.

Also regarding the change in design from the MF01, TA served as Mateminco’s consultant on this light and got them to add those functional heat fins (I think it was about 2.5x the surface vs the original MF01) and a much thicker mcpcb shelf for heat sinking. The previous design might look sleeker but would have a harder time handling the increased power.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

If TA had his hand in the 4K tints, then maybe I did make the right choice.  Will be my first 4K light in my collection.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3568
Location: US

Well he was originally hunting for the FA1 tint bin, which would be near identical tint to the 219B SW45K but couldn’t find any. Luminus most likely never made any of those.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

I have the X80 which is bright enough, so I just had to try a different type of color temp and tint just to see if I was missing something.  Now that I know the MF01S can throw really good too,  it's a bonus for me.

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield

If Astrolux measured throw at 616m ANSI then turn on throw will be a lot more, maybe 680m.
I really need to start measuring throw as my flooders are now throwers too.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 401
Location: United Kingdom

I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
TheAuditor wrote:
I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Neighbour usually comes wandering into the back yard about midnight from the pub and gets shocked that I’m stood in the middle of the yard in complete darkness with a gimbal in my hand

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 401
Location: United Kingdom
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Neighbour usually comes wandering into the back yard about midnight from the pub and gets shocked that I’m stood in the middle of the yard in complete darkness with a gimble in my hand

I have one set of neighbours that make a production of drawing their curtains, to show their disapproval :) And then theres the neighbours I don’t like. They actually asked my wife if she saw the lightning last night, as it woke them up :)

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
TheAuditor wrote:
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Neighbour usually comes wandering into the back yard about midnight from the pub and gets shocked that I’m stood in the middle of the yard in complete darkness with a gimble in my hand

I have one set of neighbours that make a production of drawing their curtains, to show their disapproval :) And then theres the neighbours I don’t like. They actually asked my wife if she saw the lightning last night, as it woke them up :)

The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 401
Location: United Kingdom
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Neighbour usually comes wandering into the back yard about midnight from the pub and gets shocked that I’m stood in the middle of the yard in complete darkness with a gimble in my hand

I have one set of neighbours that make a production of drawing their curtains, to show their disapproval :) And then theres the neighbours I don’t like. They actually asked my wife if she saw the lightning last night, as it woke them up :)

The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

Well he sounds lovely, but on a more positive note he is unlikely to notice any serious flashlight action unless you have a Nitecore SRT7 with the police lights mode Smile

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
TheAuditor wrote:
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
Flashaholics wrote:
TheAuditor wrote:
I have always wanted to ask what your neighbours think of the times when night turns to day, with occasional unforecast lightning storms Big Smile Do they shout and throw bricks and eventually form a rampaging mob, or is that just my neighbours Wink

Neighbour usually comes wandering into the back yard about midnight from the pub and gets shocked that I’m stood in the middle of the yard in complete darkness with a gimble in my hand

I have one set of neighbours that make a production of drawing their curtains, to show their disapproval :) And then theres the neighbours I don’t like. They actually asked my wife if she saw the lightning last night, as it woke them up :)

The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

Well he sounds lovely, but on a more positive note he is unlikely to notice any serious flashlight action unless you have a Nitecore SRT7 with the police lights mode Smile

I have a Nitecore MH27UV, never seen him shift as fast.

The guy walks around picking dockers up.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

Flashaholics wrote:
The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

 

He need to come to Canada where it's legal.....

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 769
Location: Wakefield
klrman wrote:

Flashaholics wrote:
The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

 


He need to come to Canada where it’s legal…..

Can’t imagine the smell in places it’s legal, must be rancid.

We lived next to an illegal Cannabis farm for 8 months and it was hell. Headaches were intense.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 401
Location: United Kingdom

Ewww I had to Google what a docker was Smile

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

B.I.O.G.
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 16:02
Posts: 5
Location: Miami Fl.

So this will be my 6th anduril with lightning.

FF-E07
D-18
SP36-BLF
D4V2-1A
D4V2-3A
Waiting for MF01S.

Can’t wait for the storm. You know when the D-18 “cracks”. It should be a spectacular light show!

Carry a sharp knife and a bright light.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

Flashaholics wrote:
klrman wrote:

Flashaholics wrote:
The Neigbour to my other side is a pot growing smackhead and never has his blinds open.

 

He need to come to Canada where it's legal.....

Can't imagine the smell in places it's legal, must be rancid. We lived next to an illegal Cannabis farm for 8 months and it was hell. Headaches were intense.

 

I don't think it's legal in public places etc, but legal to use in your own home and legal to grow etc.  Still get a wiff of it now and then on Friday evenings around town.  Never liked the smell myself.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8074
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

i used some GITD tape to fancy my 5000k Hulk Wink

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1013
Location: Athens Greece.

I have a MF-01 which is modded by GeorgeKok and now has 85000cd CW throw.
If I buy one of the new version,how much benefit I will have?

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1013
Location: Athens Greece.

Do you know please,if the switch of this new light, is the same as the older mf01? I say this,because having the older light,I don’t like the switch which it has.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5496
Location: Canada

@Theodore41, you will get more throw, and slightly better tint, along with a better more responsive switch.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1013
Location: Athens Greece.

BlueSwordM wrote:
@Theodore41, you will get more throw, and slightly better tint, along with a better more responsive switch.

Thank you very much BlueSwordM.
klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2481
Location: Canada

My MF01S voltage reading is considerably off when testing with the 3 click method and getting a read out, but the aux lights seem much closer to being accurate.  If the aux lights are closer to being accurate, would that mean the LVP would step in at the right time or is the software using the other method to determine when the lvp should kick in?

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1013
Location: Athens Greece.

I bought this,“BARSKA Accu Grip Handheld Tripod System”, from Amazon to use it with the MF01S,but the diameters are not the same.The light’s is bigger,while the MF01 has exactly the same diameter with the BARSKA,as it has a inner ss “bezel”.
Is it possible to fit the BARSKA to the MF01S?