Test/review of Vapcell S4+ fast charger

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
hasddie293
hasddie293's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 03/05/2019 - 08:53
Posts: 258
Location: Brunei

Am I the only one who see the voltage stay above 4.2 plus?

In search of the most ideal flashlight in town:
1. BRIGHTNESS
2. Durabillity
3. Design
4. Quality
5. Price$$$

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7245
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
hasddie293 wrote:
Am I the only one who see the voltage stay above 4.2 plus?

The top of my charts are 4.25V, i.e. the maximum allowed charge voltage for LiIon, the charger do not reach that during charge.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 4960
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

HKJ wrote:

I would prefer the screen stayed on while charging. A keypress could be used to turn if off if you do not want the light.

I hear you. The @#$% auto turn off with electronics stuff of nowadays can be very annoying. As an example, try to use a modern multimeter like the Bside ZT102 or Aneng 8002 (Zotek ZT102 both) to monitor some voltage, for example. Every @#$% 14 - 15 minutes it wll make an alarm noise Facepalm and then shut off. Not only it forces you to “reset” the @#$%ing thing by rotating the switch back and forth every few minutes, they had the brilliant idea of fright pestering you with a beeping alarm while you are doing something else. Now, if you could somehow disable such a power saving vendetta, I could be fine. But grrr with all these flexibility crippling “measures” trying to save on the parrot's chocolate. Flat Stare 

The Light Innocent I am

Deleting a post and redoing it causes the forum thread answer notifications to become invalid. Thus, if you need to change your just published post, edit it. Thanks.

Please avoid quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim the quote down to the essential. Helps with forum neatness and legibility. Thanks.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16930
Location: Amsterdam

Barkuti wrote:

HKJ wrote:

I would prefer the screen stayed on while charging. A keypress could be used to turn if off if you do not want the light.

I hear you. The #$% auto turn off with electronics stuff of nowadays can be very annoying. As an example, try to use a modern multimeter like the Bside ZT102 or Aneng 8002 (Zotek ZT102 both) to monitor some voltage, for example. Every #$% 14 – 15 minutes it wll make an alarm noise Facepalm and then shut off. Not only it forces you to “reset” the @#$%ing thing by rotating the switch back and forth every few minutes, they had the brilliant idea of fright pestering you with a beeping alarm while you are doing something else. Now, if you could somehow disable such a power saving vendetta, I could be fine. But grrr with all these flexibility crippling “measures” trying to save on the parrot’s chocolate. Flat Stare 


I usually find your always spectacular rands rather exaggerated Barkuti (but everyone has their personal style Party ), but on this particular point I could not more agree with both the content and wording of your post, I hate auto-turnoff on almost everything, and particularly displays that decide to switch off on their own Sick
gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2231
Location: Central IL

HKJ,

As always, thanks for your extensive and informative review!

I just got my Vapcell S4+ and my wife has banished it. Sad It’s power adapter is emitting a very audible and annoying 5700 Hz whine. Does yours do this? Is it because it’s an inferior power supply? Or is it possibly defective?

hammerJoe
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 02/12/2015 - 19:56
Posts: 150
Location: Canada

That is a pretty cool app… what is the name of it?

But its a cellphone so the accuracy is probably not the best.
Dont you have another power adapter that you could try?

gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2231
Location: Central IL

It’s called Spectroid. It’s the first time I’ve ever used it. I can’t speak for it’s accuracy, but it does represent what I’m hearing.

I thought about that. I need to dig around and see if I can find a similar one lying around from LED strip installs or something. Sure, I can replace it but it feels like that shouldn’t be necessary on a brand new device Sad

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7245
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
gchart wrote:
HKJ, I just got my Vapcell S4+ and my wife has banished it. Sad It’s power adapter is emitting a very audible and annoying 5700 Hz whine. Does yours do this? Is it because it’s an inferior power supply? Or is it possibly defective?

That is fairly common on modern switch mode supplies. The actual switching is way above the audible range, but there often is a regulation running at a lower frequency, usually the sound will vary with the load on the supply and often only be audible at certain loads.
The solution is either to use another supply or place the supply out of hearing range (Wrapping it in sound isolating stuff is a bad idea, it need cooling).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2231
Location: Central IL

Kinda figured, thanks for confirming! Thumbs Up

Geronimo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: 04/20/2019 - 19:11
Posts: 133
Location: Ohio

So this sounds like a very good charger, for 18650 ,21700 and some envelopes. This or a skrc? I love my klarus single cell charger, miboxer c4 new two button has been replaced already so I don’t trust it. Charge , test, discharg.

Emisar d1s 3a. ZL sc700d,sc64w hi,H600c,Streamlight tlr1-hl, Astrolux mfo1s 4k/purple. Olight I3t Eos black. Ylp 2m cri.

Pages