Astrolux HL01 - 1200 Lumens - Magnetic Headlamp - Best Value 2020

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
vietnamreviews
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2018 - 02:13
Posts: 213
Location: Vietnam
Astrolux HL01 - 1200 Lumens - Magnetic Headlamp - Best Value 2020

Thank you for visiting my YouTube channel. I wish you and your family a new year 2020 with good health and happiness.

chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 1841
Location: Iowa

Thanks. At 7:47 it looks much bigger then the Wizard.

Possible to get a side by side shot without the headband?

vietnamreviews
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2018 - 02:13
Posts: 213
Location: Vietnam

vietnamreviews
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2018 - 02:13
Posts: 213
Location: Vietnam

chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 1841
Location: Iowa

Thank you. I’ll 18650 in the hand and 18350 on the head.

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5582
Location: Germany

If someone wants to know All PCBs and MCPCB design is made by me

Early in the design process without charging added

First planned USB Micro, but later type C was requested

Almost finished charging board

Final driver design may look a bit odd on the AMC side but it’s a matter of like 0.2mm if it fits somehow or not

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 400

The side of the light looks like a meat tenderizer lol.

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5582
Location: Germany

polarweis wrote:
The side of the light looks like a meat tenderizer lol.

!{height:500px; width:550px}https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/large/42547/920164.jpg!

Yes they decided on a rather massive head to give enough thermal buffer for longer turbo output, the light is a bit heavy so you may try to give a small steak some beating

the triangular shape increases surface area to get the heat loose a little better without cutting fins into it

chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 1841
Location: Iowa

I like the looks of it, possible easy to grip.

YogibearAl
Online
Last seen: 39 sec ago
Joined: 12/29/2019 - 03:38
Posts: 35
Location: WA

Does this have low battery warning/protection?

icpart
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 56
Location: Varna, Bulgaria

YogibearAl wrote:
Does this have low battery warning/protection?

It is Anduril based flashlight so it must to have software LVP.
vietnamreviews
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/30/2018 - 02:13
Posts: 213
Location: Vietnam

Lexel wrote:
If someone wants to know All PCBs and MCPCB design is made by me

Early in the design process without charging added

First planned USB Micro, but later type C was requested

Almost finished charging board

Final driver design may look a bit odd on the AMC side but it’s a matter of like 0.2mm if it fits somehow or not

!{width:60%}http://www.metronixlaser.de/bilder/flashlight/Mateminco_HL__v2.1.png!


Thank you Lexel great design
Tom White
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/14/2019 - 23:49
Posts: 12
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota

Nice looking light. Can anybody give me an educated guess as to what the difference is will as far as lumen output, between the XPL 6500k and the SST-20 4000k versions?

And who has a coupon code they’re willing to share? I’m cheap, so $41.95 + $1.30 shipping seems like a lot to spend on a 1200 lumen light. I still think the Astrolux EC01 is the best value light, so far in 2020. But only every other week when it’s on sale right around $20-$25.

08CivicSi
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 09/25/2011 - 19:02
Posts: 277
Location: Greensboro, NC USA

Tom White wrote:
Nice looking light. Can anybody give me an educated guess as to what the difference is will as far as lumen output, between the XPL 6500k and the SST-20 4000k versions?

And who has a coupon code they’re willing to share? I’m cheap, so $41.95 + $1.30 shipping seems like a lot to spend on a 1200 lumen light. I still think the Astrolux EC01 is the best value light, so far in 2020. But only every other week when it’s on sale right around $20-$25.

Go ask in the groupbuy thread for the coupon. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/68771

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 441
Location: Europe

-Too big/long/heavy
-2A charge current is too high

Dr.Phillip
Dr.Phillip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 09/26/2019 - 04:23
Posts: 125

Have you done any tests Lexel? How fast will the light throttle down from different ramp levels? Are the AMCs well thermally connected to the flashlight body?

icpart
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 56
Location: Varna, Bulgaria

Hi Lexel. I am little curious which is that 3D software with PCB in that you can get 3D measurements? Is that Diptrace, which I think that you use for your PCB designs?

Dr.Phillip wrote:
Have you done any tests Lexel? How fast will the light throttle down from different ramp levels? Are the AMCs well thermally connected to the flashlight body?

From posted images and from video of vietnamreviews I can see there is very good thermal path. Also the flashlight body have thick walls and it is massive compared to another L shape based flashlights which is very good. From that design I think is possible to drive SST20 at full power for very long time. But we will need real test for that.
In that PCB design I do not like that PCB joints where are connected two pcbs. The main current flow will passes through solder joint which is only of one side of PCB. There are I think will have a little problem with mechanical stress betwen two PCBs.
Prplxt
Prplxt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2020 - 18:11
Posts: 13
Location: Los Angeles

Can the HL01 charge with a c-to-c cable or only an a-to-c cable? Please tell me c-to-c.