WTB Zebralight SC62W

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
redrum-31
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2020 - 08:39
Posts: 7
Location: USA
WTB Zebralight SC62W

Hello Everyone, Looking to buy a Zebralight SC62W. Located in the U.S. Thanks for reading this.

Just a little background, my wife does not want any unprotected cells in the house as we have two kids with special needs (as well as safety in general) and I respect her enough, and care about her and my children enough, to respect her opinion. I really want a Zebralight and this is essentially the last one that can handle protected cells. Thanks for reading.

Edited by: redrum-31 on 03/14/2020 - 20:08
goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1099

Excellent choice! I have carried an SC62w every day for nearly 4-1/2 years.

I was going to suggest you post in the BST thread on r/flashlight, but I see you already have.

Check eBay regularly as well. Two have sold since mid-January.

Have you considered broadening your search to include H600w Mk II from that era?

Good luck with your search! Thumbs Up

redrum-31
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2020 - 08:39
Posts: 7
Location: USA

Awesome! Glad you enjoy it so much. I hope I am able to locate one and enjoy it as much as you do.

Yep, I figured I would post it everywhere I could. LOL.

I am monitoring ebay for sure. Good to know that they have showed up recently. Thanks for the info.

The H600w Mk II is on my radar as well, just not my number 1 choice,

Thanks for the well-wishing. Smile

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 1007
Location: Ohio, United States

The SC62 variants besides “w” are easy to find.

But, I have SC62 and SC62w now… The tint is really good. I didn’t know there were ever XM-L2 with good tints…

Zebralight used to (maybe still do) sell a protected 3500mAh cell that they made their own protection circuit for, and it was very short compared to most. Perhaps check if that fits some of the later lights, like SC64 versions?

EDC Rotation: ZL SC62(w) | Jaxman E2L XP-G2 5A | Purple S2+ XPL-HI U6-3A | D4 w/ Luxeon V | RRT-01 | Purple FW3A, 4000K SST20
EagTac D25C Ti | DQG Slim AA Ti | Jaxman E3 | UF-T1 by CRX | Nitecore EX11.2
L6 XHP70.2 P2 4000K FET+7135 | Jaxman M8 | MF02 | Jaxman Z1 CULNM1.TG | Blue S2+ w/ ML Special
Unfinished: Supfire M6 3xXHP50.2, Sofirn C8F, Sofirn SP70
Others: Nitecore EC23 | Nebo Twyst | Streamlight ProTac 1AA | TerraLux LightStar 100

redrum-31
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2020 - 08:39
Posts: 7
Location: USA

Scallywag wrote:
The SC62 variants besides “w” are easy to find.

But, I have SC62 and SC62w now… The tint is really good. I didn’t know there were ever XM-L2 with good tints…

Zebralight used to (maybe still do) sell a protected 3500mAh cell that they made their own protection circuit for, and it was very short compared to most. Perhaps check if that fits some of the later lights, like SC64 versions?

Cool. I’ll look for other variants as well. I thought they were all as equally difficult and to be honest I am not a huge tint-snob (no offense to anyone). It’s more just my preferred tint. The model and the ability to handle protected cells is more important.

I’m not positive, but from what I have read on other forums the SC64 requires a high drain battery which a protected cell cannot provide. The protected cell they still carry is “Compatible with: All generations of H600/H60x”. The good news there is that many of them are still being produced so that is a possible direction if my search for the SC62 becomes futile. Thanks for pointing me in the direction that led to that discovery.

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 1007
Location: Ohio, United States

redrum-31 wrote:
I’m not positive, but from what I have read on other forums the SC64 requires a high drain battery which a protected cell cannot provide

I looked into it a bit, since that made me curious. They don’t need more than a handful of amps from the battery, and quality protected cells can usually provide 8 to 10, so more than enough there. The issue really is length – the 64 series is indeed shorter than the already-tiny 62 series. And the ZL18650 is still around 67mm (my example is 66.5), so it probably doesn’t work there.

EDC Rotation: ZL SC62(w) | Jaxman E2L XP-G2 5A | Purple S2+ XPL-HI U6-3A | D4 w/ Luxeon V | RRT-01 | Purple FW3A, 4000K SST20
EagTac D25C Ti | DQG Slim AA Ti | Jaxman E3 | UF-T1 by CRX | Nitecore EX11.2
L6 XHP70.2 P2 4000K FET+7135 | Jaxman M8 | MF02 | Jaxman Z1 CULNM1.TG | Blue S2+ w/ ML Special
Unfinished: Supfire M6 3xXHP50.2, Sofirn C8F, Sofirn SP70
Others: Nitecore EC23 | Nebo Twyst | Streamlight ProTac 1AA | TerraLux LightStar 100

redrum-31
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2020 - 08:39
Posts: 7
Location: USA
Scallywag wrote:
redrum-31 wrote:
I’m not positive, but from what I have read on other forums the SC64 requires a high drain battery which a protected cell cannot provide
I looked into it a bit, since that made me curious. They don’t need more than a handful of amps from the battery, and quality protected cells can usually provide 8 to 10, so more than enough there. The issue really is length – the 64 series is indeed shorter than the already-tiny 62 series. And the ZL18650 is still around 67mm (my example is 66.5), so it probably doesn’t work there.

Thank you for looking into all of that. I really appreciate it. It is amazing (in a not very good way-LOL) that it comes down to likely .5mm.

asot
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 330
Location: Greece

I have a ZL SC63w if interested…
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RWS6awBn2MvBz86v8

sp5it
sp5it's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 07:51
Posts: 996
Location: Poland

Protected cells blow as good as unprotected.
Mike

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. George Carlin

 Anyone offended by my signature please fill Complaint Form. Thank you.

redrum-31
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2020 - 08:39
Posts: 7
Location: USA
asot wrote:
I have a ZL SC63w if interested… https://photos.app.goo.gl/RWS6awBn2MvBz86v8

Nice light. Thanks. I’ll think on it. Smile