SkyLumen LEP Group Buy

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119
SkyLumen LEP Group Buy

Vinh over at SkyLumen is running a group buy on an unbranded LEP light. AFAIK, this is the same light on Neal’s site, unbranded. The price of the light is $155 as long as the discount code works. When the discount code expires, then that batch of purchases is closed. It’s a very economical LEP that comes with Vinh’s standard warranty with an option to purchase the extended one.

Link

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

dmsoule
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2016 - 20:14
Posts: 219
Location: MN USA

Thanks for posting this. I haven’t checked in at CPF for a year or more, but have purchased several lights from Vinh and have been very happy with them. I’ve been looking for my first LEP and this will be it.

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119
dmsoule wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I haven’t checked in at CPF for a year or more, but have purchased several lights from Vinh and have been very happy with them. I’ve been looking for my first LEP and this will be it.

You’re welcome! I believe he ships the group buys in batches of 10. He told me I’m #9 as of noon today. Maybe your purchase will start the next shipment!

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6395
Location: Holland

I reviewed it a few days ago. You can find the full review here: https://1lumen.com/review/unbranded-lep/

 

It's pretty impressive

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 719
Location: Finland
ChibiM wrote:

I reviewed it a few days ago. You can find the full review here: https://1lumen.com/review/unbranded-lep/


 


It’s pretty impressive

Nice review! Thumbs Up

I really like that little display and its good to see more and more LEP lights coming so prices will go down.

ubangi2000
ubangi2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 06/20/2020 - 12:32
Posts: 6
Location: Texas

I think the discount code has already expired. Pretty fast.

chooma
Online
Last seen: 2 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 02/04/2016 - 01:07
Posts: 720
Location: US

Damn it David Smile
I had no interest in this light until you posted this.
Heading to Mammoth in a couple weeks, thought it might be fun to play with up there.

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119

chooma wrote:
Damn it David Smile
I had no interest in this light until you posted this.
Heading to Mammoth in a couple weeks, thought it might be fun to play with up there.
You’re welcome! Big Smile
Did you happen to purchase one?

ubangi2000 wrote:
I think the discount code has already expired. Pretty fast.
The discount code seems to still work in cart, but I can’t proceed further to verify if the batch is sold through.

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

Souichirou
Souichirou's picture
Online
Last seen: 59 sec ago
Joined: 04/05/2019 - 21:32
Posts: 240
ChibiM wrote:

I reviewed it a few days ago. You can find the full review here: https://1lumen.com/review/unbranded-lep/


 


It’s pretty impressive

Nice review ! Hmm wonder if it would be possible to upgrade the driver to add current regulation without compromising its other features…..

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6395
Location: Holland

Souichirou wrote:
ChibiM wrote:

I reviewed it a few days ago. You can find the full review here: https://1lumen.com/review/unbranded-lep/

 

It's pretty impressive

Nice review ! Hmm wonder if it would be possible to upgrade the driver to add current regulation without compromising its other features.....

I'm not really into modding, but I took some pictures of the driver, so people could probably see if that is doable. 

chooma
Online
Last seen: 2 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 02/04/2016 - 01:07
Posts: 720
Location: US

scalpel_ninja wrote:
chooma wrote:
Damn it David Smile
I had no interest in this light until you posted this.
Heading to Mammoth in a couple weeks, thought it might be fun to play with up there.
You’re welcome! Big Smile
Did you happen to purchase one?
ubangi2000 wrote:
I think the discount code has already expired. Pretty fast.
The discount code seems to still work in cart, but I can’t proceed further to verify if the batch is sold through.

I sure did….and the code works.

ubangi2000
ubangi2000's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 06/20/2020 - 12:32
Posts: 6
Location: Texas

Wonder what I am doing wrong. I figured for $155 I would buy another LEP light however when I type in the discount code AFAIK it just says invalid code and the price stays at $200.

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119
ubangi2000 wrote:
Wonder what I am doing wrong. I figured for $155 I would buy another LEP light however when I type in the discount code AFAIK it just says invalid code and the price stays at $200.

That’s odd. The code seems to still work when I add it to cart. As I understand it, Vinh said on CPF he is selling his third batch on his website with a discount code. When the code becomes invalid, the batch is sold through. I placed my order on 9/10; and on 9/11 Vinh said 2 slots left. Since then, I know of at least two people who have successfully ordered with a discount code. It’s possible he left it open to start a 4th batch, but I would email him about it.

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119

By the way, which code are you using?

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

Souichirou
Souichirou's picture
Online
Last seen: 59 sec ago
Joined: 04/05/2019 - 21:32
Posts: 240
ubangi2000 wrote:
Wonder what I am doing wrong. I figured for $155 I would buy another LEP light however when I type in the discount code AFAIK it just says invalid code and the price stays at $200.

If thats the case why not pick it up from Neal, with discount code on site it ends up being around $152~

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119
Souichirou wrote:
If thats the case why not pick it up from Neal, with discount code on site it ends up being around $152~

Yup, Neal is offering 10% off and stack with the 15% off new arrivals code will put it at a similar price.

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 119
Location: Mars
scalpel_ninja wrote:
dmsoule wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I haven’t checked in at CPF for a year or more, but have purchased several lights from Vinh and have been very happy with them. I’ve been looking for my first LEP and this will be it.

You’re welcome! I believe he ships the group buys in batches of 10. He told me I’m #9 as of noon today. Maybe your purchase will start the next shipment!

Hey I’ve only looked for raw power on lights up until now and just in the last few days, I’ve thought of the 4000K, high CRI, etc

Any recommendations on a first one to get? Something like a soft warm yellow for the house at night perhaps? Not price sensitive, want something nice

Thanks!

scalpel_ninja
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 18:13
Posts: 119

Photon Master wrote:
Hey I’ve only looked for raw power on lights up until now and just in the last few days, I’ve thought of the 4000K, high CRI, etc

Any recommendations on a first one to get? Something like a soft warm yellow for the house at night perhaps? Not price sensitive, want something nice

Thanks!

I’m a fan if the KR4 from Noctigon. I have the E21A 4500K and it’s a nice neutral white. Hank just released the options for 2700K and 2000K emitters on his site. That might be a good tint if you’re looking for warm yellow.

And look at how cute it is with the 18350 tube!

For sale:

Multiple budget knives


Current Collection:

Before BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Inova X5 | Maratac Titanium Inspection AAAx2 XP-G2

After BLF helped me see the high CRI light: Wowtac A2S NW | FW3A SST-20 4000K + 18350 tube | Noctigon KR4 Ti/Cu E21A 4500K + 18350 tube | Thrunite Ti3 NW | Wurkkos FC11 x2 | FW3 CuTi XPL-HI 5000K + 18350 tube | Olight I1R EOS (de-anodized) | Reylight Pineapple Mini Copper Nichia 219B | Fireflies SS AAA Nichia 219B SW45k D220 | Reylight LAN Ti Nichia 219C + tritium

Inbound: Reylight Titanium Pineapple Mini x2 | SkyLumen LEPvn

FW3T SST-20 4000K (lost/stolen?)

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6395
Location: Holland

 I own 9 LEP flashilghts, and here are the comparisons. All of them are reviewed at 1lumen.com if you need more details. Mine are measured with a professional Hagner Lux Meter (Laboratory quality). 

These runtime are calculated with a different lux meter (Extech SDL400), but using the original throw measurements of the Hagner